AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-28, 23:11   Link #1661
Black Eye
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by servitude View Post
Original Macross.

(Using Robotech names)

Lisa Hayes vs Lyn Min Mei.

Lisa Hayes won 2-1

2 thousand 6 trillion years into the future.

Alto = hotshot pilot
Rick Hunter = hotshot pilot

Lisa Hayes = cool chick (in a Macross sort of way)
Sheryl = cool chick (comparative purposes) but with some serious issues.

Min Mei = spolit brat eventually growing up
Ranka = very spoilt brat which hasn't grown up yet
yeah i feel that frontier pretty much relates to the Original Macross, the slap from rick to min mei was the same from sherly *not alto * to ranka's situation. so i wouldn't be suprised if alto and sherly do end up together.

but please don't relate ranka to min mei whom to me is pretty annoying .
Black Eye is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 23:13   Link #1662
aneeshadc
Junior member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
I don't quite know what to say actually...

But like others have said this again throws everything we've thought back into a loop. The Macross F team is incredibly awesome to be able to do this time after time with similar or greater effect. Personally I both hate and love it, but it makes for a great show.

Spoiler for speculation?:
Spoiler for speculation?:
Quote:
But honestly how they plan to give us an ending that isn't rushed without a second season is beyond me.
I really dont see Sheryl rebuking Alto for worring abt Ranka, So far she's been nothing short ofsupportive for both of them & I dont see that changing ever.

Anyways I'm really liking the scenario u painted above( Thank you for thinking it up) sooooooooooooooooo much better than the Alto/Ranka end I can also see happening.
aneeshadc is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 23:38   Link #1663
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Wink

I've been saying they will make it look like it can go either way right to the end and that all the shipping dreams and pointing at each other and calling names isn't going to make anything that Kawamori and crew intend to do, change....
Mughi is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 23:42   Link #1664
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Pretty much.

All we do is sit and wait.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 23:48   Link #1665
aneeshadc
Junior member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Age: 25
So, u were rite Mr-I-Told-You So, still doesnt change anything, people will continue to poke fingers untill the end, no matter which side has the upperhand.

This is gonna be fun, I betcha that with this ep, a lot of ranka fans will come out of hibernation.
aneeshadc is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 23:51   Link #1666
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
This is gonna be fun, I betcha that with this ep, a lot of ranka fans will come out of hibernation.
I hope so, the shipping debates have become a bit of a bore with the disappearance of the Ranka fans.

Btw, I'm glad you like the scenario but in my head it's the only way Sheryl can react that still gives her a chance. Unfortunately anything can happen.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 00:02   Link #1667
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Sorry guys but... Ranka x Ai-Kun has been confirmed in ep 21. Just take a look below...

Spoiler for Passion....:
Marina Ismail is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 00:12   Link #1668
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
Sorry guys but... Ranka x Ai-Kun has been confirmed in ep 21. Just take a look below...

Spoiler for Passion....:
ROFL! Winner!
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 00:17   Link #1669
Minari
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
rofl you should see her expression during that scene too... it was as if she felt pleasured...
Minari is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 00:33   Link #1670
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
If any of you think this episode (21) is some sort of a confirmation, think again.

Yes, Ranka confessed, but a confession takes two people in agreement to become concrete. Unfortunately in Ranka's case, her behavior still remains one-sided. If Alto loved Ranka so much as claimed by some shippers, why did he not go after her? He certainly had the means to do so. Clearly it tells me that, in episode 21, Alto was totally confused of her actions. If Ranka shippers are claiming that Sheryl just toys with Alto all the time, I'd like them to explain the end of 21 to me. Because just what the hell was that all about.

In contrast, Ranka's partner, Berera, understood Ranka's feelings almost flawlessly, and even actively embraced her to sooth her feelings. Ever seen the same behavior being executed by Alto? I am afraid not. Moreover, aside from having Ranka being the receiving end to Alto's tirade, Alto knows next to nothing about this girl and vise versa. Alto doesn't even know that Ranka likes soft-creams, and Ranka did not even bother asking Alto why he loved the sky until this episode, even though she had tons of chances before.

I also do not understand Ranka's single-minded devotion to Alto. Some shippers may claim that Alto saved Ranka many times before, but guess what, so did Brera. Moreover, the latter understood her feelings, and proved sensitive to her emotional needs. On the other hand, Alto had been a total jerk to her for the majority of this series. Ranka loves Alto for what? How is this relationship healthy? What is connecting them emotionally? Ranka even had the nerve to ask Alto to come along when her Vajra spawn showed up. Can she be anymore insensitive? Does she not know that Mikey just died a bloody death at the hands of a Vajra?

Then there is another thing, for all Brera does for Ranka, he is certainly not being appreciated. I wonder what Brera would get for all his efforts by the end of this series? I mean, this guy just went AWOL for Ranka's sake! Did Alto do the same for Ranka?

Some shippers are going gaga because Ranka confessed. I have but one thing to say, grow the fuck up.

Now, as for the Queen herself. . .

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 00:49   Link #1671
Elehayym
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Considering how Ranka even used the past tense when she confessed I really don't see why anyone thinks that this episode should mean that AltoxRanka is gonna happen. It looked more like Ranka exiting from the triangle to me, even though of course who knows what Kawamori is planning .-.

That said I haven't seen any shipper go gaga because "Ranka confessed" in here (I agree that a confession means nothing if the other part doesn't accept it), so why the need to tell people to "grow the fuck up"? ^^;
Elehayym is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 00:53   Link #1672
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Well, Brera won't get any appreciation on the romantic front cause Ranka thinks of him as an older brother (and cause he is). I think she appreciates him, just not that way. Nor do I think he wants that kind of attention either. Neither have shown romantic feelings for the other. Brera is very protective, but like an older brother is for his little sis. Ranka is all "ALTO" and has no one else on her mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
Considering how Ranka even used the past tense when she confessed I really don't see why anyone thinks that this episode should mean that AltoxRanka is gonna happen. It looked more like Ranka exiting from the triangle to me, even though of course who knows what Kawamori is planning .-.
It's cause I see it as a very cliche scene where Alto finally realizes his feelings now that she is gone and eventually goes off running after her. If this doesn't happen then great, but that's the way things seem to be going...
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 01:02   Link #1673
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
That said I haven't seen any shipper go gaga because "Ranka confessed" in here (I agree that a confession means nothing if the other part doesn't accept it), so why the need to tell people to "grow the fuck up"? ^^;
Oh, trust me, there are other boards out there with some rabid dogs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem
It's cause I see it as a very cliche scene where Alto finally realizes his feelings now that she is gone and eventually goes off running after her. If this doesn't happen then great, but that's the way things seem to be going...
Really? Then why didn't he just go along with her? Why didn't he go after her? Simply put, he was more or less exercising an attitude of "wtf is wrong with you?"

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 01:05   Link #1674
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Glad you guys liked it lol.

I see Ranka's confession as "pity points". Why? Because she confessed and went off with her brother so of course Alto is going to be distressed about it and chase after her. If she had confessed and stayed, then I can see it as a big step forward for her, but once again, boo hoo Ranka's hurt. -_-
Marina Ismail is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 01:17   Link #1675
aneeshadc
Junior member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Age: 25
I'm thinking if Alto really was in love with Ranka deep down, wouldnt he have tried to get her to stay anyway possible. He calls out her name, tells her not to go, but he doesnt even say I love you too even if it is a lie to get her to stay. Shouldnt he have yelled out in desperation, 'I love u too, so please stay' ?

Alto has had ample opportunities to realize his feelings for her, She's been in danger countless times, & now She 's left with an enemy he hates, considers evil & dangerous. This should have been his moment of realization but no all we get from him is him saying dont leave, not dont leave me.
I'm curious to see hw he would react if Sheryl's life was in jeopardy.

That said, I can still see an alto/ranka end as a 50% possibility but it wouldnt be as epic as an Alto/Sheryl end.
aneeshadc is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 01:32   Link #1676
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 32
Yeah, I'm not despairing. It's almost expected that Kawamori would do this to level the field a bit, seeing that Ranka's popularity has decreased tremendously in the past few episodes. I'd even consider it a hopeful sign. And Kawamori drops hints everywhere if you look hard enough. Like the whole Mikhail x pinaple salad thing. The little things that Alto does for Sheryl but does not do for Ranka.

Sure, he saves Ranka's life countless times, but he's playing the hero, so he'd get fired if he lets her die. But he never actively seeks out Ranka; it's always the other way around. She calls him, she texts him, she runs to him. Though he cares for her, it wasn't to the point that he's actively going out of his way to be a part of her decisions. His attitude has been always "do what you feel like"--both to respond to her singing and throwing the plane. He only reacts when he thinks she's in danger, which is understandable.

But he actually reaches out to Sheryl: going to her concert to return her earings, then hanging it in his cockpit as a charm. He choses to go with her to Galia 4 even though Ozma has already explained that she wasn't really in danger, but he accepted her invitation to fly in a real sky. He seeks her out to cheer her up after seeing her upset on the interview regarding Galaxy. He also risked security and takes her to his quarter. Then he swallowed his pride and his vow and snuck back into his home to find her. Again, he draws the arrow in the sky for her. Gets upset when she tells him she doesn't want to sing anymore and goes out of his way to convince her differently. In none of these incident were her life in danger. Yeah, she's dying, but he doesn't know that.

Last edited by MaiHikari; 2008-08-29 at 01:34. Reason: i'm always editing because I never proofread
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 01:33   Link #1677
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_lied View Post
After watching the latest episode, I think Alto will end up with Ranka no matter how much I want an AltoxSheryl ending. The spoilers for episode 23 doesn't really confirm anything...I'll start conditioning myself for an AltoXRanka ending so I won't be that disappointed in the end.
thats the exciting things about pairing wars.. to be joyful at the end if the pairing is a success or ended up being miserable and suicidal if your pairing doesn't exactly goes well

me? i'll certainly curse some foul language and headbutt my head off to concrete when my pairing is off
Joachim is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 01:35   Link #1678
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Yeah, I'm not despairing. It's almost expected that Kawamori would do this to level the field a bit, seeing that Ranka's popularity has decreased tremendously in the past few episodes. I'd even consider it a hopeful sign. And Kawamori drops hints everywhere if you look hard enough. Like the whole Mikhail x pinaple salad thing. The little things that Alto does for Sheryl but does not do for Ranka.

Sure, he saves Ranka's life countless times, but he's playing the hero, so he'd get fired if he lets her die. But he never actively seeks out Ranka; it's always the other way around. She calls him, she texts him, she runs to him. Though he cares for her, it wasn't to the point that he's actively going out of his way to be a part of her decisions. His attitude has been always "do what you feel like"--both to respond to her singing and throwing the plane. He only reacts when he thinks she's in danger, which is understandable.

But he actually reaches out to Sheryl: going to her concert to return her earings, then hanging it in his cockpit as a charm. He choses to go with her to Galia 4 even though Ozma has already explained that she wasn't really in danger, but he accepted her invitation to fly in a real sky. He seeks her out to cheer her up after seeing her upset on the interview regarding Galaxy. He also risked security and takes her to his quarter. Then he swallowed his pride and his vow and snuck back into his home to find her. Again, he draws the arrow in the sky for her. Gets upset when she tells him she doesn't want to sing anymore and goes out of his way to convince her differently. In none of these incident were her life in danger. Yeah, she's dying, but he doesn't know that.
nice observation thumbs up
Joachim is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 05:27   Link #1679
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Why do people assume that Alto will go chasing after Ranka, I actually expect Ranka and friends to save Frontier in the last or last two episodes. I expect Sheryl to be on Quarter and her and Ranka to share a moment similar to the one from Sheryl's concert in episode 7 before they "magically" sing Lion together. Anyway by the time Ranka, Brera and Ai-kun make their Frontier save the triangle could be over..... at least the one with Alto in it S2 triangle is Ranka X Brera X Ai-kun!
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-08-29, 05:49   Link #1680
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Copycat!

Sing lion to kill leon!
__________________
This be the realest shit I ever wrote. ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.