AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-17, 21:27   Link #261
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
This episode was really enjoyable!
No doubt it's due to slowing down the pace. My only real problem is because the previous episode were basically in fast forward, it's still a little hard to remember who a lot of the minor characters are and their relationships to Nodame or Chiaki.
The only one's who are completely clear are Franz and the Russian because a whole episodes was devoted to their introduction.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 00:51   Link #262
Molenir

Quote:
My only real problem is because the previous episode were basically in fast forward, it's still a little hard to remember who a lot of the minor characters are and their relationships to Nodame or Chiaki.
I know what you mean. Watching the latest episode, I didn't remember who Rui was at first. Definitely didn't recognize her. Took me a bit to remember she was the gal who Chiaki performed with, with the overbearing mother.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 12:09   Link #263
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Nissan Toyota...nuff said.

I, who have not seen the manga, found Pari-hen very enjoyable. And Chiaki, the male tsundere <3 (I'm totally biased here, because I love male tsunderes ;P)
Old 2008-11-18, 22:00   Link #264
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

I think it's a testament to the original manga story, that it can be hacked apart or jumbled around as it's still an enjoyable series regardless. Not as strong or as strictly adapted as S1 but still a really funny and charming show!
Old 2008-11-20, 10:41   Link #265
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 5 article is up:

[RIUVA] Nodame Cantabile ~Paris Chapter~, Episode 5

I hope to get the Episode 6 one up soon.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 11:46   Link #266
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Yeah, something feels less "tight" about this season, but I am still enjoying it. Perhaps that's because I have yet to read the manga. Strongest example was the fight scene, the scene itself was amusing, but the scenes which surround it just don't feel right, somehow.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 06:18   Link #267
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 6

A little bit uneven, but on the whole a great episode. Chiaki's learning that in a cut-throat profession like conducting, respect isn't given, it's earned and you have to prove yourself, especially if you're young, unknown and inexperienced. I'm also very interesting in seeing how Rui handles this change of pace after, as we've been told, she had to fight for it. (I actually think seeing her discussion with her mother about this would have been very interesting). I'm not exactly sure where they're going with Rui (I've little doubt it'll be interesting), but I get the feeling that she's about to find out that studying is different to performing, but not a huge amount less difficult, or certainly not as much as she expects. Then again, she could really take to it, and it's the sea-change that she's needed for a while. Either course could be interesting, since I do find her character rather intriguing. And her seiyuu was really good in this episode.

...Nissan Toyota. *tee hee*
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 09:50   Link #268
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

And here's the Episode 6 article:

[RIUVA] Nodame Cantabile ~Paris Chapter~, Episode 6

Strangely, I'm like the only one around writing articles on this nowadays....
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 11:45   Link #269
CWW
Lurker

Minnie blogs it regularly at Hey, Say, Anime!.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 15:27   Link #270
nanafan
horo fan

lol a good episode love the tiffs between nodame and chiaki. i wonder about rui, it was cute to see nodame jealous. rofl at the nissan toyota...

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 05:38   Link #271
FuzzyWuzzy

I really don't know why people say good episodes.
I've never read the manga but these episodes sucks.
They are nothing compared to Season 1. I repeat, nothing compared to season 1.
After 6 episodes, nothing much has happened and there's no really good sub character that shows up. There's barely any drama, struggle and PASSION.
A music anime or story cannot live or it isn't enjoyable if there is no PASSION. There's no burning passion towards music or love or trying to succeed.
Old 2008-11-23, 08:07   Link #272
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 07:
Old 2008-11-23, 13:37   Link #273
Kirarakim

Spoiler for episode 7:
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 20:08   Link #274
strategos

Well, I have watched so far to episode 4 of this new season. Got to say it's quite good, but it's not as good as was the previous anime. It still got it's awesome punch, but, I haven't read the manga, it feels that the cut or left things out. This anime, even so it's a Shoujo anime, caught my attention because of the music. I am a fan of Classical music and thus I started to watch it. And I don't regret watching it. It is awesome. The second season ain't that bad, it aint a let down; but it seems they really had a low budget for this season . I really enjoy how each episode had a long segment of a music. I will still see it to the very end thou ^_^. Hope it gets better and better. Probably they are leaving the main budget for the third season.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 20:30   Link #275
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

^your sig is slightly incorrect. A second season was planned for Big O from the start. It's a common misconception that the american fanbase caused a second season to be made. As of now, there has yet to be a series continued because of the american fanbase alone. Anyhoo...

Episode 7 was really, really, really good!
There were several performances, lots of funny Nodame antics, some development between her and Rui and some minor interactions between her and Chiaki that show their development, too! I was completely pleased with this. Although, I had hoped we'd see more of Franz in the overall story but I guess the minor characters are always shuffled to the side after a while in this series?

Storywise I was totally disappointed when...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-24, 21:10   Link #276
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Spoiler:
Since the subs are out, I think it's safe to leave my comment out in the open?

I agree with you there... if by the end of the second season, Nodame and Chiaki still haven't co-perform together, I might just pick up the manga where the anime left off to see if they ever will. I've been looking forward to that since forever.

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 21:14   Link #277
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Oh, I'm already planning on buying the manga. I started and have up to vol 7 I think. It's rly hard to find even though it's got a ton of volumes out in the U.S.
I rly wanna see the "good" and balanced version of these episodes, but I'll finish the anime first. Not to mention, the "true" ending to the series will be in the manga.
Old 2008-11-25, 10:36   Link #278
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Nice episode, Nodame's wife antics were hilarious as usual and she showed her growth by not making a scene when Rui unwittingly ruined her dream. Rui's seiyuu was very impressive, IMO. I guess they are aiming for an end in the beginning of Volume 17, so the next episodes will probably be more rushed than the last two which would be a shame as they finally found the right pace, so I am keeping fingers crossed they will end it at some earlier point.

Quote:
Probably they are leaving the main budget for the third season.
Why would they do that? If the second season is not successful, presumably there won't be a third one anyway.

Quote:
This anime, even so it's a Shoujo anime, caught my attention because of the music.
It's not shoujo but josei actually.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 11:53   Link #279
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Though the anime has this new original story line with Chiaki taking over this new orchestra i am actually liking because i dont know where its headed.

At any rate anything that gives me more Son Rui i am ECSTATIC about Iv always wanted to see more of her animated she is just a fun character and bring some fresh air with her to the series almost as much as Nodame does at times.

We still have not had any full preformences yet but the little peices they play throughout the episode are nice. Im still not feeling the OP and ED all that much compared to the first season the "Konna ni Chikaku de" by CRYSTAL KAY was such a great Ending song with lots of energy
Old 2008-11-25, 17:51   Link #280
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
^your sig is slightly incorrect. A second season was planned for Big O from the start. It's a common misconception that the american fanbase caused a second season to be made. As of now, there has yet to be a series continued because of the american fanbase alone. Anyhoo...

Episode 7 was really, really, really good!
There were several performances, lots of funny Nodame antics, some development between her and Rui and some minor interactions between her and Chiaki that show their development, too! I was completely pleased with this. Although, I had hoped we'd see more of Franz in the overall story but I guess the minor characters are always shuffled to the side after a while in this series?

Spoiler:
Sorry to deviate for a moment. But if am not mistaken Cartoon Network was the one who offered to pay up for the second season of Big O. I still remember some of the articles that were written about it on some of the anime magazines.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina