AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-04, 19:00   Link #301
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

The way Chiaki said it kinda implied that while she said the articles didn't effect her, they probably did. Either way, it was probably one part of a number of things, but the point is that she wanted to get away from the whole tour scene, and probably also her mother, for a little while (which is understandable). But it is a bit disappointing that that's all there is regarding Rui and her mother, since it feels like that story isn't complete, and it has been one of the most interesting subplots in Pari-hen so far.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 09:54   Link #302
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
what a great episode Nodame has grown so much she actually enjoys going to class now and she is playing the piano more than ever. Her own sense of style plus her classical training is creating her own unique sounds that even the teachers are recognizing now but now its up to Auclair to decide how to develop her from here on out. He is an excellent teacher because he does not try to curb Nodame individuality. Its great to see how she can read music pretty proficiently now.

Chiaki is going through his own growth period but he is taking similar steps like what he did with the Rising Star Orchestra by recruiting on his own and with a little lying hes going to make some headway but it will be difficult but he is changing for the better and i think its reflecting in his and Nodame personally relationship. Chiaki is learning that not everyone is as perfect as he is and he is trying to use the magic that Stressman has to unite and excite an Orchestra and bring out it full potential.

Rui has quickly become one of my favorite characters. The news articles Chiaki showed Nodame about Rui's recent performances explained a lot about Rui's behavior, her enthusiasm shined through but that was all . Rui need something to make her love music again she is tired and i cant blame her. I didnt condone her mother smacking her i thought it was wrong and to hit Chiaki too. Rui has never had a normal life for the first time in Paris she has friends her own age and a sense of freedom her mother is pushing her too hard and refuses to try to understand her feelings. Taking her away from Paris is not the solution. I thought it was the end when she wanted to say goodbye to everyone. BUT we saw her face when she realized that it was Nodame and she left quietly without saying a word. I feel Rui believes she has found a rival in Nodame to mistake her playing for Chiaki's shows how much Nodame has improved. I hope this is not the last we see of her because she is a fun and dynamic character who affections on Chiaki are quite funny though Nodame didn't bite this time around. I hope they leave it as its because her story feels incomplete.

Paris-Hen is shaping up to be all that i had hoped for and as much as i love Paris im starting to miss the old crew back in Japan. Nodame Cantabile is truly a wonderful story and its ratings in Japan show real promise. I dont think we would get a third season but we could get 1 or 2 OVA's which i would not mind. Next episode looks its Nodame turn to leave Chiaki and take some of the spotlight for herself.

Episode 8 was Tres bien no?

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-12-05 at 10:12.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 21:21   Link #303
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Episode 8 was lovely as well.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 23:47   Link #304
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 8 article is up:

[RIUVA] Nodame Cantabile ~Paris Chapter~, Episode 8
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 18:01   Link #305
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Discussion of the third season has been moved to the Unaired forum:
Nodame Cantabile THIRD season
Please continue such discussion at its new home.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 01:42   Link #306
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Episode 9:

We get a chance to watch Kuroki and Tanya's personalities bounce off of each other, but I'm not sure what the point was in putting them together since there isn't really any on screen chemistry between the two. It just feels out of place somehow.

The bigger concern at this point (for me at least) is how they're going to fit it all in. Nodame still needs to deliver her recital and Chiaki still needs to win the Marlet Orchestra over to his side and demonstrate that he's a capable conductor. With only two episodes to go, I'm not sure how things can be resolved cleanly and neatly without having to resort to rushing things just a bit.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 08:41   Link #307
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
We get a chance to watch Kuroki and Tanya's personalities bounce off of each other, but I'm not sure what the point was in putting them together since there isn't really any on screen chemistry between the two. It just feels out of place somehow.
I just love seeing how Tanya throws around her personality to people, so i loved those scenes.

Been a while since we've had to see Chiaki face the water. Quite a few laughs thanks to this, though the main laugh of this episode has to be Nodame's "do you want the left or right side of the bed", along with the bedtime story.

Am very interested to see Nodame's recital in the next episode. Looks like after that the an end for this season will have to appear. Such a shame.
Old 2008-12-11, 09:05   Link #308
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
The bigger concern at this point (for me at least) is how they're going to fit it all in. Nodame still needs to deliver her recital and Chiaki still needs to win the Marlet Orchestra over to his side and demonstrate that he's a capable conductor. With only two episodes to go, I'm not sure how things can be resolved cleanly and neatly without having to resort to rushing things just a bit.
Judging by the pace of this episode, they are not much concerned where Pari-hen is going to end. That's probably due to the third season being confirmed. Either that or the next major plotline is going to be incredibly rushed so that it could reach its conclusion in the next two episodes.

As usual good things happen when they don't rush things. This episode had quite a few hilarious moments - Nodame calling the owner of the castle cosplayer, Kuroki's zen remark or Tanya's antics.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 12:37   Link #309
Kirarakim

Well they can finish the Mozart storyline in one more episode, although perhaps they will spread it out in 2 episodes and leave the Marlet Orchestra storyline for next season. I am not really sure if they will be able to handle that in only one more episode.

This episode had a lot of really cute moments

Spoiler for episode 9:
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 11:06   Link #310
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 9

Very lovely episode and iv noticed the episode's are just getting better and better. Im glad they decided to animate the parts with Kuroki and Tanya which lead to a number of funny incidents. Kuroki was just blunt" YOU HAVE BAD TASTE" i remember when i read it in the manga and watched in the live action i could not stop laughing. Hopefully we get to see Kuroki play the Oboe.

Its just a pleasure watching Nodame and Chiaki interact now and im also happy that the focus is now on Nodame and how much progress she has made. But we see she still has a problem with Mozart. Its already been shown that Nodame has problems with composers she cant identity with but in this case it was because of her previous teachers. Of course the emotional bond that seems to get stronger day by day between the two is a sharp contrast to how things use to be. We see Chiaki saying things like "as long as shes happy" and also depending on Nodame for emotional support more than even he realizes. Which is why "Bedtime Story with Mozart" scene was just precious. As Nodame fell asleep you saw a reassured Chiaki smile at her sleeping face and say "she will fine" for those who have read the manga or watch the live action we know what happens.

Still one of my favorite series and it only seems to get better. Another WIN for Nodame Cantabile

Oh god i just realized that Chiaki was trapped in a car for at least a couple of hours with Tanya and Nodame. Ugh i dont know how a human can withstand that amount of torture.
Old 2008-12-12, 11:58   Link #311
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Its just a pleasure watching Nodame and Chiaki interact now and im also happy that the focus is now on Nodame and how much progress she has made. But we see she still has a problem with Mozart. Its already been shown that Nodame has problems with composers she cant identity with but in this case it was because of her previous teachers.
I think it's interesting that you bring this point up. If the portrayal of Mozart in the movie Amadeus is fairly accurate, then I think the barriers between Nodame trying to identify with Mozart will be lowered quite a bit. Mozart was a fairly goofy and playful sort of person who you wouldn't have around polite company because of how his antics would go against the etiquette of the time. You can draw that same sort of parallel with Nodame who doesn't really quite fit in with the norms of society either (though not quite to the extremes of Mozart who was, by all accounts, fairly crude).
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 14:35   Link #312
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
LOVED episode 9!!!Loved it!
And the sort of cliffhanger ending was nice because now I'm pumped for episode 10!
I cant help but wonder why Kuroki gets soooo much screentime though. Was he the guy who impersonated Chiaki back in Japan or...what? I barely remember him from the Japan half of the story. And he doesnt seem interesting enough to have so much of the spotlight.
Mine was a little dull but he served as a good buffer between all the characters and had his funny moments.

I love how they got around Nodame and Chiaki sleeping together since it was way too soon for them to be intimate but at the same time, they've developed enough to not avoid sharing a bed. It would've been weird for Chiaki to avoid it, considering he's basically accepted that he's dating Nodame but since they've yet to kiss intentionally it would've been too far a leap to snuggle or something. I wondered how they'd get around that and it was perfect.

I really liked the Frank character and wish he'd been the 4th in this trip instead of Kuroki...:\

I didnt notice the similarities between Mozart and Nodame until this story either. Maybe this moment was planned from the beginning of the series?
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 19:48   Link #313
CWW
Lurker

Kuroki is the guy who got a crush on Nodame after she pulled her good wife act. Chiaki tried to tell him she's a hentai in reality, but he wouldn't believe him.

He's like my second favorite supporting character after Mine and I approve of his screentime. He needs some love too. Go give it to him, Tanya.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 08:49   Link #314
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2008-12-19, 18:30   Link #315
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Episode 10

Great episode and definitely one of my favorites. Was glad to see that they finally put some screen time to music, although it was still shorter than I would have normally liked. The flying beads part made me laugh because it's pretty much exactly like the live action. When I saw them the first time, I thought "wtf?!" and when I saw them this time, I thought "here we go again..."
It's ridiculous but great at he same time
The whole thing w/ the clothes made me laugh. Nodame's face as she tries to convince Chiaki that she likes the Mozart clothing more than the dresses is so like her, and it's funny when that image of the mongoose shows up behind her to remind Chiaki that she likes cosplaying. Chiaki looked pretty good himself in those clothes when he was playing the violin.

I agree about the character development of Kuroki and Tanya, it's very interesting to watch and I like both characters a lot. I'm surprised Tanya didn't put her hair up like Marie Antoinette when she dressed up, but *shrug*

The ending scene was lovely like Shiroth mentioned, we get to see another Nodame flying kick! Nodame and Chiaki are definitely one of my favorite couples

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:55   Link #316
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Brilliant episode. Character development, music, romance and humour all mixed together is what Nodame Cantabile is all about and this season finally delivered all the elements. Tanya got pwned hard by the third son, Kuroki is too much of a knight type of fellow to leave a girl in trouble, even if said girl looks likely to bring him a lot of trouble.

P.S. The episode would have been perfect if Nodame had changed into a period dress for the party instead of sticking with the Mozart outfit.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 22:47   Link #317
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Ahh! Pleasantly surprised to hear "Jeux D'eau". Too bad it was so short....I wish they could have extended to show at least more of the cadenza, it's one of the best endings I've ever heard.

Another good episode. The scene with the camera was hilarious.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 23:36   Link #318
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

At last an episode with more music on the menu.

Can't really find anything wrong with this episode, it had a little of everything and even more, which is why this is still my favorite show this season.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 04:17   Link #319
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
I am a manly man(sorta) but that ending scene almost made me swoon. Very subtle and moving really. I think I almost literally screamed a mix of "yay" and "FINALLY"!
Now I wonder how the next episode will turn out since that seemed like much more of an ending the season sort of moment.

Chiaki's very tsundere moments where he uncomfortably flatters Nodame are really cute here. I love that he's still his moody self but it's clear at the same time how he feels about the girl, too.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 04:27   Link #320
Zippicus

Episode 10 was fabulous. Loved the music, loved Nodame, loved Chiaki, even loved the side characters. More please
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina