AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-04, 14:59   Link #1921
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
And this page of posts is a good example of why RtoV doens't get a sub-forum. Please remember this isn't a chat room, if you want to chat use IRC or MSN. Only post when you want to actually discuss RtoV and have something on-topic to say.
Honestly, wth chats about these things in IRC? It's either full of trolls or "!Pantsu" commands... Not to mention very unfriendly and disrespectful people =P

So forum, no forum, blah, is your choice, lol.

Moka's pink hair is awesome, I'll go and like, get some nachos.
Old 2008-11-04, 15:00   Link #1922
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... and we bring a mod down upon us (see, they actually do lurk around here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Only post when you want to actually discuss RtoV and have something on-topic to say.
The above statement does not include things such as ranting on how the censors must die, plus half the other shit that's in our posts

Translation: if we want a subforum, actually concentrate on what happens in the episode, no matter how minimalistic it is

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 15:02   Link #1923
Midonin
Last Engage

I was trying to make that point since the first episode - even if this thread has so many posts, how many of them are actually worthwhile?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 15:04   Link #1924
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

um.... maybe 25%

everything else could technically be deleted... and then we'd be down to about 10 pages. Plus it would remain quite around here except for a couple days a week, when the episode is out

Old 2008-11-04, 15:07   Link #1925
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The above statement does not include things such as ranting on how the censors must die, plus half the other shit that's in our posts

Translation: if we want a subforum, actually concentrate on what happens in the episode, no matter how minimalistic it is
Please stay on topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I was trying to make that point since the first episode - even if this thread has so many posts, how many of them are actually worthwhile?
Please stay on topic!

Quote:
um.... maybe 25%

everything else could technically be deleted... and then we'd be down to about 10 pages. Plus it would remain quite around here except for a couple days a week, when the episode is out
Please stay on topic!

On Topic: I really liked episode 5, can't wait for episode 6!
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 15:12   Link #1926
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
^ROFLMAO @ Xvoki's post.

People trying to be heroes or the righteous voice won't solve anything. Just keep doing whatever you feel is right regardless whether some forum inside some other forum in the internet will be made or not.

On Topic: Episode 5 failed, c'mon, curry? Makes me miss the ramen episode back in NAruto...
Old 2008-11-04, 15:47   Link #1927
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I remember on the first season the guys where discussing and comparing the anime to the manga and the mod said ENOUGH of the talking about things that are just about to come out in the anime which are manga based. Too bad I was involved heavily in work back then and wasn't able to post that much in season1.

One reason now why I think now the anime derails from the manga and have it's original episodes like Ep4. and the upcoming ep.5. Which I know is gonna be a blast.
Old 2008-11-04, 16:46   Link #1928
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Kind of feel for Ruby though. She helps out a lot but in the end gets dumped into the role of repeating "Yes, many many things have happened" endlessly.
What? I love Rubi's bit. Just like the "Moka... Tsukune... Moka..." bit. So much I miss it if it's not in the ep

Spoiler for NSFW:

Just absolute awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
That's a good topic, what attracted you to watch/read Rosario to Vampire?
I watch a couple of eps of nearly all shows each season. Besides the bicycle panties-in-face shot, which was of course more than reason enough to continue watching, the premise seemed fresh--human gets enrolled in monster school (inter-"species" romance has been done, but not in that setting that I've seen). Kept watching because I liked the mix of characters and the humor. The story in fact became somewhat of a distraction because then it really was cliche, which is one reason I could care less about story now. Usually in adaptations the matching of the plot gets the worst of it, so if it isn't needed, then why bother.

Ep 5 demonstrates why Mizore is so loved. As mentioned, her moe factor is out the top even though I don't see her as "cute" in the way SAIMOE finalists are usually cute. She isn't the classic tsundere either, but interesting that Kugimiya voices her. Because Mizore certainly started out acting the loner tough, but is shy and good-hearted, and we feel she really loves Tsukune but hasn't a chance against Moka. Definitely someone to empathize with and to root for. As opposed to Kurumu so much, whose yearnings are more biological, and Yukari who is, well, just a loli, let's face it.

And did no one else think "Simpsons" when everyone was poisoned with the curry? Or should I have been adjusting the color on my TV?
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 17:03   Link #1929
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pparker View Post

And did no one else think "Simpsons" when everyone was poisoned with the curry? Or should I have been adjusting the color on my TV?
LOL!!! Simpson's and Curry. Why haven't I noticed that. That's a great insight on the color toning of the zombie curry characters.

Also your right about Mizore she started as a loner, anti-social, yandere, but was given a huge boost in character development into a stalker and having a more friendlier atmosphere and this R+V capu2 ep.5 has really boost it more seeing her fingers have band aids from cuts and burns while cooking curry. She really isn't made to cook hot foods since she'll melt.

Spoiler for Mizore evolution:
Old 2008-11-04, 18:53   Link #1930
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

and you pull out the long-haired version again...

so, what other random monsters do you think they'll make up for the series from now on? We find out in less than 24 hours at least (and this time I'll post after I've seen the entire episode)

I wonder what field trip will ensue...

Old 2008-11-04, 19:03   Link #1931
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well Mizore was one long haired, can't blame a guy that likes long haired girls and ponytails and the moppy spiky look.

And als just looking at the field trip ep.6 on the spoilers seems it'll be another original episode. Iam waiting for ep.7 and 8 since R+V gives the plot later on the episodes.

Spoiler:

Also seems the origins of the "other" less villain characters have been revamp and we can say that they'll have their own origin stories in the anime unlike in the manga.
Old 2008-11-04, 19:07   Link #1932
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Why does that not surprise me...

anyways, I'm still betting on #9 for plot to resurface... that's when it's usually put in somewhere in these type of shows... even 8's too early

but still, I suppose that even if it does mean another "Inner saves day" scenario (ugh...), I more or less look forward to it (probably because it means we're one step closer to plot)

... and still, the best part about 5 was Inner stayed around for a little longer

heh... watch them actually do an episode where the rosario vanishes near the end

Old 2008-11-04, 19:17   Link #1933
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Why does that not surprise me...

anyways, I'm still betting on #9 for plot to resurface... that's when it's usually put in somewhere in these type of shows... even 8's too early

but still, I suppose that even if it does mean another "Inner saves day" scenario (ugh...), I more or less look forward to it (probably because it means we're one step closer to plot)

... and still, the best part about 5 was Inner stayed around for a little longer

heh... watch them actually do an episode where the rosario vanishes near the end
Iam a little optimistic so I'd go for no.8 for plot.

That would be original in the anime if that ever happens. I always wanted the original Moka to interact with the girls. Seeing Mizore and Inner talk like that now in Capu2 gives the feeling they're friends unlike the kick she gave Mizore in season1 which makes them not. Maybe during Ruby's arc they've all developed respect, care and friendship for each other.
Old 2008-11-04, 20:46   Link #1934
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pparker View Post
Ep 5 demonstrates why Mizore is so loved. As mentioned, her moe factor is out the top even though I don't see her as "cute" in the way SAIMOE finalists are usually cute. She isn't the classic tsundere either, but interesting that Kugimiya voices her. Because Mizore certainly started out acting the loner tough, but is shy and good-hearted, and we feel she really loves Tsukune but hasn't a chance against Moka. Definitely someone to empathize with and to root for. As opposed to Kurumu so much, whose yearnings are more biological, and Yukari who is, well, just a loli, let's face it.
Nah, I'd say that all their needs are biological.

Kurumu is a succubus so she tries to get Tsukune's attention in a way that's true to her nature. Can't fault a person for using his or her naturally born gifts. But as we know, she's indeed very serious about her feelings. Even though the succubi are deeply motivated by pro-creation, they're very serious about finding that special person who would be their one mate.

The same actually goes for Mizore, albeit the ways of her race are different—different, but still very comparable. Just replace pro-creation and love to frozen for eternity and love.

Now, I'm also wondering if there's a specific courting/mating culture for vampires. Personally, I want to see this revealed with the Inner Moka rather than the regular one. I'm not far into the manga yet, but I'm also wondering why her personality was sealed like her mother when her other sisters haven't done the same.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 21:15   Link #1935
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
LOL!!! Simpson's and Curry. Why haven't I noticed that. That's a great insight on the color toning of the zombie curry characters.

Also your right about Mizore she started as a loner, anti-social, yandere, but was given a huge boost in character development into a stalker and having a more friendlier atmosphere and this R+V capu2 ep.5 has really boost it more seeing her fingers have band aids from cuts and burns while cooking curry. She really isn't made to cook hot foods since she'll melt.

Spoiler for Mizore evolution:
lol she won't melt, she's not made of ice you know

She just have low tolerance to heat. Its like taking someone from south of the hemisphere and placing them in a north area, they'll freeze to death... I remember my friend's gf just moved from Puerto Rico to NY and it was like 65 degree's everyone was wearing T-shirts, while she was shivering wearing a thick coat.
Old 2008-11-04, 21:15   Link #1936
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

The manga will tell you exactly why, though I forget which chapter...

Something I'm also curious about- if GONZO decides to stay anime-original do you think they could pull off a plot that's not in the manga, and make it good (preferably involving Vamp tsukune...)?

Old 2008-11-04, 21:47   Link #1937
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Nah, I'd say that all their needs are biological.

Kurumu is a succubus so she tries to get Tsukune's attention in a way that's true to her nature. Can't fault a person for using his or her naturally born gifts. But as we know, she's indeed very serious about her feelings. Even though the succubi are deeply motivated by pro-creation, they're very serious about finding that special person who would be their one mate.

The same actually goes for Mizore, albeit the ways of her race are different—different, but still very comparable. Just replace pro-creation and love to frozen for eternity and love.

Now, I'm also wondering if there's a specific courting/mating culture for vampires. Personally, I want to see this revealed with the Inner Moka rather than the regular one. I'm not far into the manga yet, but I'm also wondering why her personality was sealed like her mother when her other sisters haven't done the same.
Which why Mizore has more development. Kurumu still uses her NATURAL methods as opposed now Mizore stalks does things Tsukune will like. Like her cooking as seen in the recent episode. Also her mother told her to freeze and take Tsukune away, but she only obeyed since it's momma's orders.

As for vamps. I go to the manga on this one the end of season1 manga, that could be the main reference. A vampire is for a vampire that likes another vampire. Though Inner Moka said that tradition is not used anymore, by vamps at this age of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
lol she won't melt, she's not made of ice you know
I thought she said she'll melt in the MILF episode?
Old 2008-11-04, 22:18   Link #1938
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Which why Mizore has more development. Kurumu still uses her NATURAL methods as opposed now Mizore stalks does things Tsukune will like. Like her cooking as seen in the recent episode. Also her mother told her to freeze and take Tsukune away, but she only obeyed since it's momma's orders.

As for vamps. I go to the manga on this one the end of season1 manga, that could be the main reference. A vampire is for a vampire that likes another vampire. Though Inner Moka said that tradition is not used anymore, by vamps at this age of time.

I thought she said she'll melt in the MILF episode?
Come on, you should know better than to NOT use the anime for any kind of reference.
Old 2008-11-04, 22:51   Link #1939
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Come on, you should know better than to NOT use the anime for any kind of reference.
Ok then then lets use Wiki.

In a similar legend, Yuki-onna melts away once her husband discovers her true nature.

Other VAMPIRIC facts on a Yuki Onna.

Exactly what Yuki-onna is after varies from tale to tale. Sometimes she is simply satisfied to see her victim's death. Other times, however, she is more vampiric, draining her victims' blood or "life force".

Whoa! she could be a possible replacement for Moka here.

No wonder Ikeda used all kinds of youkai girls similar to a vampire.

Mizore name means literally SLEET - A mixture of snow and rain.
Old 2008-11-05, 02:50   Link #1940
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Which why Mizore has more development. Kurumu still uses her NATURAL methods as opposed now Mizore stalks does things Tsukune will like. Like her cooking as seen in the recent episode. Also her mother told her to freeze and take Tsukune away, but she only obeyed since it's momma's orders
I think that has partly to do with a difference in personality. Mizore by nature is shy and at first resorts to stalking, but after a while she gains more self-confidence and tries to catch Tsukune's attention in different ways.

Kurumu has developed as a character too, but it's more directed towards how she interacts with the other girls. I think some great strides have been made regarding this, considering that as a young woman and as a succubus, the other girls are her lifelong rivals in the mating chain.

In the first place, neither aren't exactly the finest examples of character development, but they make sense. In the end (or at the very least, so far) you can't claim that one character has developed more than the other simply based on one area, save for perhaps when you're talking about the main protagonist and heroine. Personally, I see them as just being developed differently from each other.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire