AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-03, 23:18   Link #2461
HF2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiMata View Post
Seo is blowing it right now, as far as I'm concerned. Is anyone else on the verge of stopping caring about Eba as a heroine? I don't know why I bother reading his stuff, since I found Suzuka to be really frustrating, too.
I agree. You took the words right out of my mouth. I'll keep with it for a little bit longer, but something has to give soon.

HF2008
HF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 23:22   Link #2462
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Kazama's disease is hemroids, it hurts his bum when he sits, so riding on a bike will prove to be too painful eventually with it flaring up and all.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 23:33   Link #2463
HF2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by H23 View Post
I already have a set prediction of what's gonna happen after reading this chapter... clearly, I believe that Eba is dating Kazama. They knew each other from jr. high, and when she went back to Tokyo, he probably tried going for her again and Eba found out about his illness from somebody else, and decides to go out with him out of pity (and thus, "can't" break up with the poor dude, even though she still does have feelings for Haruto - which leads to her forced avoiding of him).

That's how I see it right now, with the way Seo is setting things up and I'm gonna keep on believing this until he gives us a clear cut statement that it isn't so.
I hope not. I hope not. I hope not. Three denials magically make it so right? However, my gut feeling is right there with you 100%. Looks like a lot of like minded people here. Looks like we will never know if my idea about her trashing his first present was true or not? This is getting silly.

However, let me ask you, don't you think this ruins Eba's character? Please let me know what you think. My feelings are written below:

If a woman is really truly in love with a man, would she risk it to date another man?No. I personally will find it hard to like Eba's character if she does this. I would have pitied her if she felt like Haruto cheated on her and she became a "shut in". However, after busting so much butt and showing a lot of strength for a young man, Haruto would have deserved better. Not even telling him that she is dating another man directly but using a (dubious) letter and not returning phone calls? It's so cold even in the real world that I probably will hate Eba's character for the rest of the manga, unless she isn't paired in the end with Haruto. Oh wait, this is Seo we are writing about, so Kazama is going to have a accident on his bike with Eba riding on bike, he dies, she is in the hospital in a coma. Hearing this, Haruto will of course rush to the hospital. Haruto realizes she means more to him alive than dead...so they get back together. That's the kind of "I see the ending now..." feel I get. After all, Suzuka loved a dead guy at the beginning. Sighs....

Can you tell I am not too happy with this manga right now? I feel totally bummed because this was my favorite before this speak no Eba, see no Eba, hear no Eba crap started.

We as the readers are totally in the Bermuda triangle right now.
HF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 00:18   Link #2464
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
well it really IS something to behold.... but i think seo is wanting to get this even bigger... its like his life is a visual novel.... open up one girl... and you get three more.....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 05:17   Link #2465
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
@HF2008: You say you're kind of annoyed, I think you're rather anxious - just the effect Seo is trying to create here. His task now is to know when to stop this stalemate and bring about the revelation before the major part of his readership gets really annoyed but so far I think he does a great Job in keeping up the tension.
As for Eba, as mentioned, I'm still hopeful Seo has something that will truly redeem her actions.
Overall I'm very pleased with the series right now.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 07:12   Link #2466
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Overall I'm very pleased with the series right now.
I am as well. I do not think that the stringing is that bad really. The constant drama and angst is far worser in my opinion than what we get so far.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 11:09   Link #2467
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I think people are getting too worked up on this matter...

Im kinda suspecting that the reason for all of this was just one big misunderstanding.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 17:29   Link #2468
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
new chapter out and

Spoiler for 85:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 18:04   Link #2469
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Spoiler for 85:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 19:08   Link #2470
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Spoiler for 85:
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 19:15   Link #2471
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
For some perspective: I've been away from anime and manga totally since mid-January when Haruto decided to pick Eba over Nanami. I didn't mind the story arc at the time but I'm beyond sick of these new pointless girls being introduced. It never goes anywhere as we know the main character will never betray the heroine. It's boring, it's stupid, and it's starting to reek of Suzuka, especially with Eba turning crazy for no reason. The author's stalling as he knows there's no good explanation for her behavior. What's he gonna say? She's dying?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 20:07   Link #2472
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
Maybe it's like the manga "marmelade boy" when the boy thought that his girlfriend was his sister so he take distance from her for a long time and said that he already found a new girl juste like yuzuki no
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 21:51   Link #2473
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think people are getting too worked up on this matter...

Im kinda suspecting that the reason for all of this was just one big misunderstanding.
That is what everyone is afraid of. It would really anti-climatic if it was like that.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 22:05   Link #2474
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think people are getting too worked up on this matter...

Im kinda suspecting that the reason for all of this was just one big misunderstanding.
With what's happened + avoiding + hiding behind curtains + much more, I don't see how this could even be explained away as a misunderstanding...

Good luck to the author towards coming up with an explanation that resolves it without making us all hate Eba for what she has done/is doing to the protagonist.
__________________
I hope this meets the requirements...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 01:24   Link #2475
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
With what's happened + avoiding + hiding behind curtains + much more, I don't see how this could even be explained away as a misunderstanding...

Good luck to the author towards coming up with an explanation that resolves it without making us all hate Eba for what she has done/is doing to the protagonist.
Believe me Iv seen a big misunderstanding even bigger than this, if it is a misunderstanding :P

But I get what your saying and I do agree, Eba has bin an unfavorble character with all the things happening around her. And I do get the feeling thats why Im saying it was either a misunderstanding or just one big fat lie. I mean it was Eba´s sister who started all this right? I mean it would not have bin the first time she misunderstood something about her sister?

And from what we know about her, she would toss a anime doll between too hardcore Otaku fans and watch them fight too the death over it lol.

I mean what do we know about Rin????
Spoiler for Rin:


Either way, Im just glad im not getting so worked up over this manga and Im going too laugh my ass of if I was right that this was either just a big fat lie or a big fat misunderstanding.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 03:52   Link #2476
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
Maybe it's like the manga "marmelade boy" when the boy thought that his girlfriend was his sister so he take distance from her for a long time and said that he already found a new girl juste like yuzuki no
And another one added to the list of theories... keep them coming guys ! ... I don't even think this one's that bad actually
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 15:09   Link #2477
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Sigh, this is really just basically a very cheesy harem manga. I mean what's the total up to now? 8? 9? Seriously, this is boring, because the main character isn't despicable like makoto, not nearly as cool as tomoya, and all he does is mope about eba, can we get some real movement in the main plot line, adding all these side characters just seems so frivolous and pointless.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 21:15   Link #2478
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Sigh, this is really just basically a very cheesy harem manga. I mean what's the total up to now? 8? 9? Seriously, this is boring, because the main character isn't despicable like makoto, not nearly as cool as tomoya, and all he does is mope about eba, can we get some real movement in the main plot line, adding all these side characters just seems so frivolous and pointless.
Go read 40s' novels.

I enjoy the romance slice of life combination. If the side characters are likable, keep them coming.

Being pointless and frivolous is caring about what happen and neglecting how it happens.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:25   Link #2479
SidVicious
Anime addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: São Paulo/Brazil
Age: 36
Chapter 85 is out and Haruto is too stupid.
__________________
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 14:24   Link #2480
RisArk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Whoah, nipple shot now.

Hey, more Akari is never bad.

GODDAMNIT SEO STOP MAKING ALL THESE GIRLS CUTER THAN EBA!

Seriously, I'm now far more interested in a good ole harem between the new high school girls than Eba.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.