AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 00:30   Link #21
cyberdemon

already a topic in the manga section for this one
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67433
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 13:53   Link #22
REEPER

Looking forward to seeing the most recent chapter, ch 6, translated due to an interesting development
REEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 16:03   Link #23
Mentar
Banned

After reading the latest chapter 6, I'm feeling sure to conclude that this show is NOT targeted at a difference audience than Suzuka. It feels very much the same.

I disagree with the tendency of several people to link Yuzuki to Honoka - she has inherited her looks, yes (thanks for that!), but personality-wise she's more a cross between Yui and Miki. And after a few chapters of settling in, I find it VERY easy to root for her

I'm looking forward to watching how she's going to floor Haruto (wuss!). Initially I expected her to gradually wither him down. No more *grins*
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 03:47   Link #24
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I disagree with the tendency of several people to link Yuzuki to Honoka - she has inherited her looks, yes (thanks for that!), but personality-wise she's more a cross between Yui and Miki. And after a few chapters of settling in, I find it VERY easy to root for her
You sold me. I'm giving this another chance.

After getting burned by Suzuka (LOL, I still remember the exact point when I departed that thread, when that worthless ***** named Saki showed up ), I was very hesitant in following this series. But combining the best female characters from that series into one and making her the main female? Wise decision, Seo

Hopefully that Suzuka-lookalike won't inherit any Suzuka traits

*waits for aikming to stab me mercilessly with a harpoon*
Old 2008-07-05, 12:21   Link #25
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Its okay at the moment... looking like a typical harem manga. Hasn't started as strongly as Suzuka though. How often are new chapters released, is it weekly?
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 01:34   Link #26
LCeh

Quote:
After reading the latest chapter 6, I'm feeling sure to conclude that this show is NOT targeted at a difference audience than Suzuka. It feels very much the same.
I was a little bit surprised by her behavior in chap 6. Never thought she was the complaining type.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:27   Link #27
stewie0814

I assume you guys arent reading it in english , lucky. Ive just read up to ch3, i guess that one was more enjoyable than the previous ones. I'll also stick with it, since you cant really judge very well with so few chapters out(translated to english, anyways)
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 11:51   Link #28
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Chapter 4 was pretty good especially with the ending and whether any truth was meant in what was said. The only problem I'm having with it is the characters seem very cliche at the moment.
Old 2008-07-09, 12:29   Link #29
Sakuyakun

The mangaka created another stupid idiot protagonist.
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 14:56   Link #30
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Hopefully that Suzuka-lookalike won't inherit any Suzuka traits
The Suzuka-lookalike rather seems like another Honoka-template. Kind, gentle, and obviously interested in Haruto. The difference THIS time is that unlike in Suzuka, the protagonist is NOT hardwired on the female lead, but rather interested in Minami, the secondary. Letsee where it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
How often are new chapters released, is it weekly?
Weekly. And the scanlations seem pretty regular right now, so they should have caught up soon (latest raw chapter 6, latest scanlation chapter 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I was a little bit surprised by her behavior in chap 6. Never thought she was the complaining type.
You are aware that I wasn't referring to THAT in my comment, right? :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
In ze deed! It _is_ the way the mangaka is himself. A bit prude (an awesome artist, but reluctant to show too much), easily embarrassed, quick to anger, and most of all very unsure. Seo Kouji mentioned that in an interview in the past.

Ah well ^_^ ... I'm already having a ball about Yuzuki putting him in a blender.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 00:01   Link #31
LCeh

Quote:
You are aware that I wasn't referring to THAT in my comment, right? :-P
Yup, I was just mentioning it. It didn't really have anything to do with what you said.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 18:43   Link #32
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
So true, I don't even know how i got to chapter 4 with this kind of male lead. His attitude is most unrealistic even for manga standards. Of course this may and probably will change but for now the female characters are the only reasons that keep me for now.

A few questions: Why do most of the sites i visit tag the series as 'drama' ? Refering to this question i have another: Do we already know what Yuzukis reason is for moving there? Feel free to spoil me if you can
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:17   Link #33
DanielSong39

Not sure about the plot or the male protagonist, but the girl is surely a winner - and that alone places this work well above Suzuka in my opinion.

The guy needs a better attitude, but I think it's fun to see him pack love-love bentos and give the girl rides to and from school. It was rather amusing to see him follow through on his word and join the cooking club...

P.S. At least the author isn't shoving too many characters down our throat. I really hope he keeps it at two girls (Yuzuki and Nanami) and two guys (Haruto and Takashi). And any chance Haruto stays at the cooking club so we won't have baseball shoved down our throats?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:18   Link #34
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Not sure about the plot or the male protagonist, but the girl is surely a winner - and that alone places this work well above Suzuka in my opinion.

The guy needs a better attitude, but I think it's fun to see him pack love-love bentos and give the girl rides to and from school. It was rather amusing to see him follow through on his word and join the cooking club...

P.S. At least the author isn't shoving too many characters down our throat. I really hope he keeps it at two girls (Yuzuki and Nanami) and two guys (Haruto and Takashi). And any chance Haruto stays at the cooking club so we won't have baseball shoved down our throats?
I'm quite the opposite to you in some aspects. I am loving Nanami a lot but think Harutos a muppet. The cooking is very girly and I hope he mans up a bit and adds something else to the story, who wants to read about some guy cooking. The manga is very similar to others which is a real shame including the personalitys. I have belief in Seo though to pull it off.
Old 2008-07-11, 19:23   Link #35
DanielSong39

There's nothing more manly than taking good care of the woman you love...

Hurry up, Haruto, and fall for Yuzuki already.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:52   Link #36
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
I'm quite the opposite to you in some aspects. I am loving Nanami a lot but think Harutos a muppet. The cooking is very girly and I hope he mans up a bit and adds something else to the story, who wants to read about some guy cooking. The manga is very similar to others which is a real shame including the personalitys. I have belief in Seo though to pull it off.
I have the opposite impression. My girl friends (note the space between the words, it's there for a reason ) tell me that they think guys who can cook are sexy. And I kind of agree; although as a guy (who can't cook) my opinion doesn't count much.

This one starts out well enough. The main guy can be annoying, but since we see the story through his eyes, it isn't as bad as it would've been otherwise. The main girl is a winner so far, outgoing, cute, and a bit mysterious, but we'll see how it goes.

P.S. I despised Suzuka, both the series and the bitch. I was very reluctant to start this one. Oh well, if I'm burned then I'm burned, can't do much otherwise.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:59   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I enjoyed Suzuka personally. Will be waiting more before I start on this one.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:42   Link #38
stewie0814

Well, i just read ch 5. It was enjoyable I guess.
Spoiler:
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:44   Link #39
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

P.S. I despised Suzuka, both the series and the bitch. I was very reluctant to start this one. Oh well, if I'm burned then I'm burned, can't do much otherwise.
Also hated Suzuka and yeah she was a bitch, not that many likeable characters in that series. The manga-ka previous work Cross Over is worse yikes what a horrible manga. Well at least this manga is better it has at least a couple likeable main characters, shame about the main male character.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 00:38   Link #40
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Haruto is not all that bad. In many ways, he reminds me of a middle-school friend of mine who despite being an overall out-going guy, acts ridiculously awkward and stupid around the girl he likes, and always pretend to 'sound cool' in front of her in an indirect manner but often making a fool of himself more so than not. Teenagers, especially all-boys-school ones go through that phase a lot.

I say the main problem with his idiocy is his lack of subtlety, and how his stupidity carries on beyond acting like a dud even when he's not with notbitch!Suzuka. Even his dere-dere moments in the manga at the moment makes him look like an stupid angry boy with little communication, rather than the more subtly kind and gratitude endearing ones like Alto (( Macross Frontier )) or Tomoya (( Clannad )).

With the exception of the end of chapter 7, of course. And even that made him look like a twat.

(( I'm liking how this isn't going to be pretentiously focused on either cooking or baseball thus far, but I honestly would like to see Seo-sensei do a baseball manga one day. ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life