AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-07-23, 06:04   Link #4261
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Very true. Suzuka was not the best but you werent as bitter because there werent all that much better suiters than her, in KNIM almost every girl is way better than Eba...
Oh, really? I'm honestly not sure about that.

I'd have rated Honoka tower-high over Suzuka. Whenever she got involved in Yamato's life, things got better for him.

Miki would also have rated WAAAY above Suzuka either. She was a great friend and great person, there for him whenever he needed it.

Suzuka had an unpleasant character and was extremely unrepentant for her misdeeds until the very end. But she was very determined and never really looked back. Eba is softer and less self-assured.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 06:39   Link #4262
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Miki would also have rated WAAAY above Suzuka either. She was a great friend and great person, there for him whenever he needed it.
Not sure about that she seems like a nice friend but Suzuka was a nice friend too, and we do not know how well she would have worked romatically so I would not put her WAY above Suzuka really.

But again there were much less suitors in Suzuka to begin with so we had less of girls to poke our eyes with tehir superiority over main lead like we do in KNIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
But she was very determined and never really looked back. Eba is softer and less self-assured.
Thats why I prefer Suzuka over Eba, even though Eba wins in terms of looks over Suzuka ten thousand times over.... Well as you may noticed I have a soft spot for strong characters. Sure Suzuka was one of those tsunderes together with Taiga that I never really liked but she still tops Eba for me...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 07:08   Link #4263
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Not sure about that she seems like a nice friend but Suzuka was a nice friend too, and we do not know how well she would have worked romatically so I would not put her WAY above Suzuka really.

But again there were much less suitors in Suzuka to begin with so we had less of girls to poke our eyes with tehir superiority over main lead like we do in KNIM.

Thats why I prefer Suzuka over Eba, even though Eba wins in terms of looks over Suzuka ten thousand times over.... Well as you may noticed I have a soft spot for strong characters. Sure Suzuka was one of those tsunderes together with Taiga that I never really liked but she still tops Eba for me...
you sir.... have my respect..... AINT THAT THE FREAKIN' TRUTH
Old 2010-07-23, 07:27   Link #4264
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Did anyones heart (If you have one left reading this series) break when Kiyomi said she was giving up. I dont know the way her face was drawn actually made me feel very very sorry for her. Not sorry like you feel sorry for a retarded puppy but sorry for someone who just got their heart crushed.

Heres the page im talking about

Spoiler for Kiyomi saddness:
Old 2010-07-23, 07:42   Link #4265
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Did anyones heart (If you have one left reading this series) break when Kiyomi said she was giving up. I dont know the way her face was drawn actually made me feel very very sorry for her. Not sorry like you feel sorry for a retarded puppy but sorry for someone who just got their heart crushed.

Heres the page im talking about

Spoiler for Kiyomi saddness:
seriously.... that was.... so.... depressing...... her face really makes you want to pity her...... gawd..... HOW WILL HARUTO REACT NAO?!
Old 2010-07-23, 07:49   Link #4266
Shadow5YA

Quote:

I wouldn't call Suzuka strong when she was persuaded into participating with Yamato in an event that ruined their ambitions and screwed over their entire school team. I especially didn't find it likable when what they did together was a result of peer pressure.

Quality over quantity, anyway. With how successful Honoka turned out, she could have taken a second shot at Yamato, or if she was still hurt from when she was dumped, she could have used her chance to lash back at him. However, when she met with Yamato again, she decided to be a good sport, and at the same time drew the line and actually showed where she stood relative to Yamato. She treated Yamato more fairly than Suzuka ever did.

Now, who does KNIM have? Nagoshi, while entertaining, isn't a serious candidate when she thinks the world is a romance revolving around her. Nanami couldn't be as kind to Haruto when she knew that he had eyes for someone else. Then, she only decided to give Haruto the time of day he wanted in the beginning of the series AFTER Haruto's girlfriend moved away. The only redeeming thing she did was to let Haruto go while being a good sport about it. Akari's been the only good girl through and through, but even then she hasn't had enough time to show the kindness that Honoka showed to Yamato, even after she was dumped.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 08:28   Link #4267
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Oh boy, getting into Suzuka again!? Just look at it this way: she made Yamato the happiest and isn't that what counts?

Anyway...chapter 98 is out...this is still a shonen romance, right? Cause two guys competing for one girl screams shojo to me.

To he honest, I hope Kazama takes the surgery next chapter and dies in that same one so we can be done with this arc. Kazama suggests Yuzuki is going out with him because of sympathy and Haruto denies. So that means she really does like Kazama and you're wasting your time, right? Agh. Let's conclude this Seo!

Thank god for Nagoshi, she totally saved this chapter.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 08:39   Link #4268
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The manga went shoujo a long time ago... and it's one of the reasons why I don't read it anymore.

Kazama dying would be good because it ends the arc... but bad because it'd show Haruto would always be Eba's second choice... which would have most fans raging. I've gone beyond rage into apathy, so I don't really care what happens, though. :P
Old 2010-07-23, 09:02   Link #4269
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Oh boy, getting into Suzuka again!? Just look at it this way: she made Yamato the happiest and isn't that what counts?

Anyway...chapter 98 is out...this is still a shonen romance, right? Cause two guys competing for one girl screams shojo to me.

To he honest, I hope Kazama takes the surgery next chapter and dies in that same one so we can be done with this arc. Kazama suggests Yuzuki is going out with him because of sympathy and Haruto denies. So that means she really does like Kazama and you're wasting your time, right? Agh. Let's conclude this Seo!

Thank god for Nagoshi, she totally saved this chapter.
You say that now only because Suzuka has ended. If your standards are the same, then it should be perfectly fine that Haruto is pining for Eba, since Eba has been on his mind, even when he was crushing on Nanami. However, as this thread has shown, not very many are happy with the HarutoxEba pairing, and Haruto's affection for Eba is recognized as nothing more than an obsession.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 09:04   Link #4270
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Now, who does KNIM have? Nagoshi, while entertaining, isn't a serious candidate when she thinks the world is a romance revolving around her. Nanami couldn't be as kind to Haruto when she knew that he had eyes for someone else. Then, she only decided to give Haruto the time of day he wanted in the beginning of the series AFTER Haruto's girlfriend moved away. The only redeeming thing she did was to let Haruto go while being a good sport about it. Akari's been the only good girl through and through, but even then she hasn't had enough time to show the kindness that Honoka showed to Yamato, even after she was dumped.
All of those girls have flaws but do not forget to whom you are comparing them - to Eba, indecisive ditz and crybaby, yeah nice girl but continues to hurt Haruto much more than any of these girls ever did. Yes they may be not so perfect, but compared to Eba.... they are still much better.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 09:06   Link #4271
justavisitor

imagine the worst scenario, everyone..Kazama takes the surgery, his disease is cured, but for some reasons he won't wake up!!!

Eba:..Sry Haruto, but Kazam has helped me so much when I first (insert flashback)..so I will wait until he wakes up, no matter how long it takes....

Haruto:..fxxk, this arc has been a waste of my time..get me out of here, Seo!!!

P.S Seo still hasn't told us what kind of disease Kazama actually has..I am suspecting simply because no disease in the real world has the symptoms that Kazama has shown

So we only know Kazama has a fatal disease, but what is it actually?? I think we will never find out and haruto doesn't even care to ask....What a great friend you are Haruto
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 10:52   Link #4272
jzmagic
flargansbog

I can see a lot of possibilities here.

Kazama doesn't survive the surgery, and Eba blames Haruto for it because he chose to do it in order to prove to Haruto that Eba would still date him afterwards.

or

Kazama survives the surgery, and it brings Eba and Kazama closer together.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:26   Link #4273
triple-s83

the real deal spoilers are out now

in three parts,maybe its 20 page or 23 page chapter

so i''l be back soon to put some hints from it^_^
triple-s83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:26   Link #4274
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
this just continues getting more ridiculous im camping for Haruto and kiyomi start going out.
Old 2010-07-23, 11:59   Link #4275
cyberdemon

spoilers for 99 is up. Seems to be a long one this time but here's a summary from the cheap online translation i had and what i could get out of it.

Spoiler for 99:
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 12:12   Link #4276
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
this just continues getting more ridiculous im camping for Haruto and kiyomi start going out.
+1 for sheer entertainment value it would never work but it would be a hell of a ride. Kiyomi has obviously never had a boyfriend before and its obvious that she use to get her way majority of the time. Her dealing with Haruto would be funny. Plus she seems to be at ease around him and actually shuts her trap when hes talking to her.

We need more Akariin the story i know that for sure imo shes the only decent girl in the story right now that doesnt seem to be too mental challenged.
Old 2010-07-23, 12:22   Link #4277
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
+1 for sheer entertainment value it would never work but it would be a hell of a ride. Kiyomi has obviously never had a boyfriend before and its obvious that she use to get her way majority of the time. Her dealing with Haruto would be funny. Plus she seems to be at ease around him and actually shuts her trap when hes talking to her.

We need more Akariin the story i know that for sure imo shes the only decent girl in the story right now that doesnt seem to be too mental challenged.
It would definitely spice things up.

It'd be great if Haruto just slowly gives up on Eba and decides to go out with Kiyomi. It would be interesting to see Eba's reaction.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 12:47   Link #4278
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

We need Shiho to return. Let's drop Yuzuki and go for Shiho. Seo seems to be shaking things up a little here, maybe we won't get a Yuzuki end.
Old 2010-07-23, 12:49   Link #4279
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
We need Shiho to return. Let's drop Yuzuki and go for Shiho. Seo seems to be shaking things up a little here, maybe we won't get a Yuzuki end.
That's a possibility. Of course, then you'd have most of fans crying that the first 100 chapters were pointless then.
Old 2010-07-23, 12:51   Link #4280
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That's a possibility. Of course, then you'd have most of fans crying that the first 100 chapters were pointless then.
Yeah, I know it'll never happen. It's not like Haruto's character has grown and developed that we can credit his success with the end girl to his experience with Yuzuki.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life