AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-03-27, 09:36   Link #461
Dark Mage

Man I really don't get Nanami but if I was in Haruto's shoes right now, I would be really down because- this sentence really sums it all up rather nicely "He fell in love, he confessed, he was forced to wait, he became closer to her, he was forced to wait,he was invited to the festival, ...and then...he was dumped." I mean Haruto really did a very few things which were wrong, because he didn't exactly do anything seriously wrong by going with Eba to Tokyo because he didn't exactly lie to Nanami, he just said it was something he had to do and in the festival he was the only one who knew where Eba was so it had to be him who would look for her. But in my opinion Nanami was a bit cruel

For chapter 40
Spoiler for It seems I was right in thinking that Haruto will continue loving Nanami and will keep seeing Eba as a family member and a really close friend. I really feel bad for Eba because it looks like whatever she does she cannot get Haruto to love her as she won't be able to replace Nanami.:
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 12:10   Link #462
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Quote:
I mean Haruto really did a very few things which were wrong, because he didn't exactly do anything seriously wrong
You're equivocating, if you have to add qualifiers like that then you think he did something wrong. I don't know how many of you are in a relationship but I find this pretty realistic, relationships often involve sacrifice and comprimise. If you make plans with a girl and then break them to be with another girl for ANY reason no matter how justifiable it may seem you probably made the wrong choice, especially if your priority is that relationship. Does this seem unfair? Sure it is, but in life you have to make choices and set priorities and those choices have concequences. I am glad that Seo has chosen to represent that in his manga.

Also think about it this way, I am sure some of you are saying that you would understand if you were in Nanami's position. I say that if you did understand then you probably weren't a teenager for starters. They aren't exactly known for emotional maturity. Also if you are this understanding just how important is the other person to you? I am not talking about rampant jealousy here, but imagine if you made plans with someone who asked you to be thier boy/girlfriend and then they canceled the plans to go to another city (not really necessary for them to do) with someone else. I think any reasonable person would find that at least a little upsetting.
Old 2009-03-27, 15:23   Link #463
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Spoiler for lalaa:
What a shit end for a manga, goddamn, how can this guy always end his mangas this bad, man i feel pissed right now
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 16:02   Link #464
Dark Mage

Has this manga ended?
Old 2009-03-27, 16:06   Link #465
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I loved ch40, which is the last one I've read. I really think Kouji is continuing to improve. The relationships seem realistic, and I like all the characters -- except for the horrible Rin. Haruto is nowhere near as stupid as Yamato was in Suzuka.
Spoiler for ch39-41:
The manga has not ended, as far as I can tell from looking at Japanese sites. I don't know what LeaD36 meant.

There are a couple of wallpapers on the "Shounen Magazine" site here.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-03-27 at 16:16.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 16:10   Link #466
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Has this manga ended?
I don't think so, but no chapter next week, the manga comes back in issue 19 of Sh๔nen Magazine
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 16:50   Link #467
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

YAY! GO EBA!

thats how its done, just use your womanly "charms" and snare your lad!

I really really hope the focus shifts to EbaxHaruto now!
Old 2009-03-27, 18:12   Link #468
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

After thinking about this chapter again I really love this manga. Its awesome in every way, in my opinion at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
You're equivocating, if you have to add qualifiers like that then you think he did something wrong. I don't know how many of you are in a relationship but I find this pretty realistic, relationships often involve sacrifice and comprimise. If you make plans with a girl and then break them to be with another girl for ANY reason no matter how justifiable it may seem you probably made the wrong choice, especially if your priority is that relationship. Does this seem unfair? Sure it is, but in life you have to make choices and set priorities and those choices have concequences. I am glad that Seo has chosen to represent that in his manga.
I would have to agree with you there. Gender aside, standing someone up for someone else is rude. Once you throw in the fact that its a girl that you like.. umm, what's wrong with you Haruto? lol. And although he didn't lie to Nanami, he neglected to say he was with Eba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved ch40, which is the last one I've read. I really think Kouji is continuing to improve. The relationships seem realistic, and I like all the characters -- except for the horrible Rin. Haruto is nowhere near as stupid as Yamato was in Suzuka.
Yes, kudos to Seo for his realism and thank god Haruto isn't as stupid as Yamato (that got frustrating sometimes).
Old 2009-03-27, 20:17   Link #469
Johnny
Working the bags...

I agree with the above poster said about Rin, she's a spiteful little minx. However, if she's trying to upset her sister's life wouldn't she have encouraged the Haruto/Nanami pairing instead of driving the wedge? It looks like she set the way for Eba to pick up the dumped Haruto...

Also I do think Nanami likes Haruto as well, but as she stated to Rin she's more selfish than she is. Not very confident of a person though, in my opinion...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 20:42   Link #470
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I agree with the above poster said about Rin, she's a spiteful little minx. However, if she's trying to upset her sister's life wouldn't she have encouraged the Haruto/Nanami pairing instead of driving the wedge? It looks like she set the way for Eba to pick up the dumped Haruto...
Except this trip she decided to get Haruto back for setting Rina up to head out with Takashi. Plus the two sisters are getting along a little now.
Old 2009-03-27, 22:01   Link #471
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ch39-41:
Spoiler for rin:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 03:43   Link #472
Johnny
Working the bags...

ch 42
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-08, 04:01   Link #473
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
ch 42
Spoiler:
Deleted the chapter after reading it yesterday, but from memory :

Spoiler for What she says:
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 07:22   Link #474
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

42!? Where's my 41!? lol. Thanks for using them spoiler tags.
Old 2009-04-08, 07:51   Link #475
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the info Kikuchi, she's a hoot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
42!? Where's my 41!? lol. Thanks for using them spoiler tags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Just read 41.

Spoiler for Chapter 41 summary:
Old 2009-04-08, 09:53   Link #476
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

I want to actually read it. I don't want to spoil myself with someone else's summary.

UPDATE: Red Hawk released today.
Spoiler for Chapter 41:

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-04-10 at 22:29. Reason: Read chapter 41.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 01:55   Link #477
jzmagic
flargansbog

41 was a great chapter

Spoiler:
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 09:13   Link #478
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
41 was a great chapter

Spoiler:
How is he an immature jackass?
Old 2009-04-11, 12:20   Link #479
Dark Mage

I actually think Haruto is more mature than most Shounen main characters. He mans up to situations, realizes his mistakes and doesn't mope around much. He also sees the good in other people. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think he will fall in love with Eba even though they are a better match because it would really need something big to make Haruto fall for Eba. Because Eba is always too near him to realise her full worth or Haruto is just too stubborn to change his feelings
Old 2009-04-11, 12:37   Link #480
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I actually think Haruto is more mature than most Shounen main characters. He mans up to situations, realizes his mistakes and doesn't mope around much. He also sees the good in other people. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think he will fall in love with Eba even though they are a better match because it would really need something big to make Haruto fall for Eba. Because Eba is always too near him to realise her full worth or Haruto is just too stubborn to change his feelings
You're talking about the current Haruto, the early one was annoying to the point his behavior seemed highly artificial and his character extremely unprofessionally created. About him falling for Eba, she's almost like a childhood friend and there's a hidden rule that says they most of the time get the male lead so the more close he's to her without realizing that she is a nice girl that likes him as well the harder it will hit him when he realizes. To be honest this scheme is pretty common in manga and when it comes to my perception it needs something big to happen for him not to end up with Eba
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life