AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-30, 11:16   Link #5821
Xspark
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
eba wulda came back with her hair short = mindblowing :]
Xspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 16:05   Link #5822
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Also, one thing doesn't add up for me: did Haruto really meet Eba through that tennis event? If this is a sporting event, why is Eba dressed that nicely? Even if the defined lips ae supposed to give off a sense of maturity like when Honoka came back, it doesn't really fit the situation.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 19:58   Link #5823
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Also, one thing doesn't add up for me: did Haruto really meet Eba through that tennis event? If this is a sporting event, why is Eba dressed that nicely? Even if the defined lips ae supposed to give off a sense of maturity like when Honoka came back, it doesn't really fit the situation.
It's a mixer between 2 tennis clubs
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 10:37   Link #5824
Xspark
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
guys i got a theory,

so imagine harutos love interest for nanami in the first chapters was 100 and eba 0.

As time went on eba got into harutos heart making it 50 /50.

In the end , haruto falls for eba to a total 100.

and when we all though this manga was over..... BANG,

came the new characters

Asuka and kazama...

Now we all know haruto got dumped by eba plus the discovery of kazama, that surely wulda made any boy feel betrayed , lets make that a eba 90 on love interest.

but haruto didnt gave up and tried to gain eba back selfishly. so lets keep it 90 downwards to 70 until kazama dies. which is a breaking point

On the other hand , room mate asuka, sticked by his side , even though it was friendly matter make it asuka for love interest to the point she confessed to haruto to 30 nowhere near enough


Now eba is gone. theres chapters where only asuka was with haruto. i dont think any1 felt that there was much progress . but by harutos standard lets make it asukas love interest 40 and eba 80 even though haruto said he didnt loved her as much , we all know he was still in love.

NOW there was a time skip. here is my question to you guys . most of you say that this time skip did nothing but kill asukas chance as the main girl.... I kinda agree threres something fishy bout that.

but if seo wanted asukas char just be a filler gf. why didnt he just continuedd high school? he culd have easily made eba come back. or haruto ran after her.

so the time skip even though we didnt see it made asukas love interest go from 40 to 60 at max. just because you dont see haruto that obssesed like back then with eba,

love hotel incident? 62 for asuka .

now eba was gone, this meant haruto had a time for a cooldown. but its just a exploding bomb. if we add harutos no cheating attitude. minus stupidity he might do. eba has pretty much the same chances with asuka . like a 6x /6x . seo only gave asuka the chance to fight.

now if seo wants the honoka win. this means asuka is winning since she is the secondary girl. and fail eba. but if seo though the honoka win is just the hair then eba wins.

now who wins? .... there shud be a 100$ bet button here

PS .
Nanami is out of the picture caz lets be real guys, haruto already chose eba over nanami long ago , if they got together again , nanami wulda had the '' but last time u chose her over me '' drama when eba came back. that wulda been a auto win for eba making it very predictable .

probably thats why its asuka . shes is a new competitor that means this becomes a fair fight! i hope seo takes advantage of this =w=

Happy new year
Xspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 14:53   Link #5825
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspark View Post
now if seo wants the honoka win. this means asuka is winning since she is the secondary girl. and fail eba. but if seo though the honoka win is just the hair then eba wins.
that's one of the best analysis I've seen in this thread...Well done!!

We all assume that Seo wants to let "Honoka" win this time, but who resembles "Honoka" more?? The one who looks alike (Eba), or the one who shares the same status as secondary girl? (Asuka...but got to admit Asuka is more like a third girl )

Given that Seo is pretty obsessive at short-haired girl, I think the answer to the above question is pretty obvious

Go Asuka!!

Spoiler for spoiler for ch 118 pic:
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 16:40   Link #5826
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
that's one of the best analysis I've seen in this thread...Well done!!
I'm actually confused by Xspark's sparkling new year comment.
Quote:
We all assume that Seo wants to let "Honoka" win this time, but who resembles "Honoka" more?? The one who looks alike (Eba), or the one who shares the same status as secondary girl? (Asuka...but got to admit Asuka is more like a third girl )
If Seo really wants to a "Honoka win" then it should be Nanami. (short-hair and secondary girl from the start). From my point of view, Asuka is more of the "Yui" from Suzuka. The only difference is Asuka became the GF and Yui got rejected.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:27   Link #5827
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
As I've said before

the momentum of melodrama would be considerably much fluid if Haruto went back with Nanami

Things would be full circle again. As Haru says, hooking with Asuka is equivalent to Haruto hooking up with Yui.
Asuka just doesn't make any sense as investment. And it shows really...

Even Kiyomi would have more melodramatic investment, because then you would got super awkward delicious moments
and cruel school gossip.

But knowing Seo, I won't be surprised if he has prepared yet another new character that is not Eba or Shiori to take Asuka's
place and drag thing along
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 20:24   Link #5828
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
@Haru~ and Key Board
Yeah, you two are right...Asuka is more like Yui and by all accounts the secondary girl should have been Nanami (now she has become just a side character like Akari...) poor poor Nanami

By what is done is done, so far Asuka has a bigger role than Nanami so Asuka should at least be a secondary girl right now (if not the main heroine) and I doubt Seo will have a new girl to replace Asuka..that will be so absurd (please don't do it Seo!!)
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 20:32   Link #5829
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@Haru~ and Key Board
Yeah, you two are right...Asuka is more like Yui and by all accounts the secondary girl should have been Nanami (now she has become just a side character like Akari...) poor poor Nanami

By what is done is done, so far Asuka has a bigger role than Nanami so Asuka should at least be a secondary girl right now (if not the main heroine) and I doubt Seo will have a new girl to replace Asuka..that will be so absurd (please don't do it Seo!!)
Asuka isn't a main heroine. she can barely get a few panels per chapter. her entire personality disappeared and NOTHING seems to phase her anymore despite how insecure she used to be.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 21:12   Link #5830
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Well, I suspect we are going to the last arc of this manga...Eba will either go back to Haruto, or Eba will become the final boss to test the AsukaxHaruto pairing and Asuka will have the opportunity to shine

It will all depend on Seo of course...will he make a left or right turn XD
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 21:19   Link #5831
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well, I suspect we are going to the last arc of this manga...Eba will either go back to Haruto, or Eba will become the final boss to test the AsukaxHaruto pairing and Asuka will have the opportunity to shine

It will all depend on Seo of course...will he make a left or right turn XD
likely a Yuzuki turn since he doesn't seem to give a damn about Asuka's relationship. Even avoided having them have sex to prevent something more... lasting.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 21:45   Link #5832
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
lol, you last sentence just hit me so hard...I still remember Honoka and Yui very well in Suzuka...hope Asuka will somehow break this curse XD

(But this is a lose-lose situation for Seo's girls...you lose if you don't have sex with the guy..and you will get the baby otherwise because all Seo's main heroes are dumb enough not to use protection ...I pity all Seo's girls XD)
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 22:42   Link #5833
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
lol, you last sentence just hit me so hard...I still remember Honoka and Yui very well in Suzuka...hope Asuka will somehow break this curse XD

(But this is a lose-lose situation for Seo's girls...you lose if you don't have sex with the guy..and you will get the baby otherwise because all Seo's main heroes are dumb enough not to use protection ...I pity all Seo's girls XD)
its seo... expect the same frame of it... tho it be not necessary that its all the same flow... but dammit, you are trying!

im starting to think that the focus will shift from haruto to the girls... maybe in asuka, eba, nanami (did she really give up and has current bf?) and probably amaya.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 15:53   Link #5834
Xspark
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Nanami CANT rlly do much at this point. and i am a nanami ending fan.

haruto already chose EBA over nanami in the early chapters, so that means, haruto will always get dragged away by eba. if nanami is the secondary girl.

since this is not a SUZUKA name manga, it can really go any way. eba and aasuka might kill each other and he might end up with nanami.

but if we go realistic. haruto already chose EBA over most of the girls around him. except Asuka ...and shiori xD.

because asuka confessed when he was already on bad terms with eba

all the other girls either already kissed haruto or confessed so yea he went after eba anyways .

So seo had to get a new girl. in harutos life and gve her the tools for it. now the honoka ending can really go either way

for me the unexpected ending wuld be asukas ending so ima go for it . im okay with the eba ending but its gonna be a predictable manga again-w-
Xspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 22:25   Link #5835
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Sweet Eba is back. The manga can be more exciting again.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 22:52   Link #5836
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Sweet Eba is back. The manga can be more exciting again.
Well, I don't know how much more exciting... that remains to be seen. During the Kazama arc, Eba was pretty much a cardboard cutout that stood by his bed and made dour faces. Hopefully we'll see some action/reaction going on this time around.

I've always thought Asuka was a rebound girl and am still incredulous that they have lasted this long... that they haven't made the love connection also supports the rebound, as in "Girl, he's just not that into you." I also still would prefer a Nanami ending if only because I didn't get a Honoka ending, but then that story wasn't called "Honoka-with a fascination over a girl named Suzuka during most of it". OTOH, this story isn't called "Eba"... its "A Town Where You Live", which is confusing enough, because there doesn't seem to be ANY specific town where anyone lives. It STARTED with a nice rural town feeling until Seo sent Eba packing, then the whole story got muddled and fell apart.

Actually thinking about it at this point, I don't care WHO Haruto ends with, as long as the story gets better written like in the beginning.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 08:29   Link #5837
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Well, I don't know how much more exciting... that remains to be seen. During the Kazama arc, Eba was pretty much a cardboard cutout that stood by his bed and made dour faces. Hopefully we'll see some action/reaction going on this time around.

I've always thought Asuka was a rebound girl and am still incredulous that they have lasted this long... that they haven't made the love connection also supports the rebound, as in "Girl, he's just not that into you." I also still would prefer a Nanami ending if only because I didn't get a Honoka ending, but then that story wasn't called "Honoka-with a fascination over a girl named Suzuka during most of it". OTOH, this story isn't called "Eba"... its "A Town Where You Live", which is confusing enough, because there doesn't seem to be ANY specific town where anyone lives. It STARTED with a nice rural town feeling until Seo sent Eba packing, then the whole story got muddled and fell apart.

Actually thinking about it at this point, I don't care WHO Haruto ends with, as long as the story gets better written like in the beginning.
If that's the case they could always move back to Hiroshima where it all started after graduation with Haruto and his chosen girl although I doubt its going to be Asuka. Seo could conclude the story in such a manner to retain the initial appeal the manga originally had.

In an interview with Seo he did mention that his characters are based on his real life friends, lol. I wonder if they've written him complaints yet.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 21:57   Link #5838
Cream
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
So , eba is back.
Fuck.
:/ + = :'(
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 23:30   Link #5839
Xspark
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
guys.... i fear asuka going nuts cause of this o-o , nuts as in grabbing a knife .... and yea school days for you people.... Seo is more than able to do that =w= with a happy ending xD but who will be slaughtered ? *shivers =w=

i herd this comment about ebas action being clumsy, i mean i know her actions werent intended t odo wrong , but i think she needs to tell haruto a extremely good excuse or guilt feeling for her to be forgiven,

i mean if she rrly loved haruto she shouldnt have just dumped him that hard and told him to not see each other any more.

so far she clearly states she never loved haruto as much as he did to her. now the early chapters shows very differently. like she really is in love with haruto. this is rather confusing in the end beacause u dont rlly know if she was just toying with him or not.

My honest opinion: if Seo didnt screw the writing for us. Eba was toying him at first. but she developed feelings for him in the middle. she went to her hometown ,kazama made a selfish proposition. she panicked. i think AT this point of panic she made her choice of giving up on haruto. and give her friend a last wish help.

So she Chooose kazama over haruto , but haruto came back and proved to her he really cared for her. she may have rlly fallen in love with him at this point. kazama dies. and she gaves up on haruto forever. probably because she figured out how much pain she caused haruto. so she sacrifices her relantionship with him, ~~ that wuld be horrible of her, meaning she can just give up, not a very stable gf if we talk long terms ~~ ,

or her head was just exploding about everything so she needed time to cooldown and haruto, being in the middle of it wulda not helped, in fact she probably wanted to get out of everything, being for her just a night mare that she wanted to wake up. giving up on everything. honestly ifshe says this in the manga. ill be a yuzuki fan. caz this is a good argument! and probably because i wulda done the same ^^U.

so i guess for both she needed Time . for that we have the time skip. im sad for asuka though.... she is the guinea pig in this .... she is gonna get hurt so badly we are all gonna cry D: .

even if she is not a secondary girl . she does not deserve this... guys ... a minute of silence =.=

but again , seo might just make yuzuki come back as a friend only, making her a character that always regrets doing this to haruto and always in love with him but she will never reach him , because haruto doesnt love her as much now.

we shall see people :]

Last edited by Xspark; 2011-01-03 at 23:56.
Xspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:54   Link #5840
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
I stopped reading at "school days". There's no way this manga is going down that route.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.