AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-06, 12:22   Link #6961
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Oh goody. Eba and Haruto are now friends with benefits. I wonder how long it will take for them to move from "friends with benefits" to the facebook "It's Complicated" status.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 13:28   Link #6962
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Oh goody. Eba and Haruto are now friends with benefits. I wonder how long it will take for them to move from "friends with benefits" to the facebook "It's Complicated" status.
In or around 4 chapters when Rin decided to take pictures of them DOING "IT"and give them to Asuka and friends.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 14:01   Link #6963
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
In or around 4 chapters when Rin decided to take pictures of them DOING "IT"and give them to Asuka and friends.
I don't see it happening. Haruto is still at the pre-school stage of blushing at the mere mention of sex.

So things are moving forward with Eba. I really want to feel happy for them but I pity poor Asuka. Well, this is probably a common reaction. Although I pity us readers the most, for still reading
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 14:17   Link #6964
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
So things are moving forward with Eba. I really want to feel happy for them but I pity poor Asuka. Well, this is probably a common reaction. Although I pity us readers the most, for still reading
Second that
__________________
"Have you no vision? Are you hearing what I beam to you? You think you have juice? Don't show me a little mind when talking about such big things...

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 17:25   Link #6965
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Haruto is getting friend-zoned lol.

He looked so disappointed when Eba said "as friends".
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 18:25   Link #6966
Freeter
i see baka people
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Haruto is getting friend-zoned lol.

He looked so disappointed when Eba said "as friends".
He should be lucky that she's being considerate of his situation, which he seems to be increasingly unaware of with each chapter

I bet Asuka will call him later and he'll think, *Asuka? Who's that? Sounds like someone important...*
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: Barakamon, HNYMT, P4G, YnS, AoHaru, Sabagebu, Nozaki, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO2, Glasslip
Next: Shinmai Maou, NNB s2

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 20:34   Link #6967
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
He should be lucky that she's being considerate of his situation, which he seems to be increasingly unaware of with each chapter

I bet Asuka will call him later and he'll think, *Asuka? Who's that? Sounds like someone important...*
why bother when Haruto wants it ^^, The part where Haruto sisters talk about their relationship and points out all the mistakes that Haruto made I wonder if Seo is trolling hard this time. did he intentional made Haruto into an idiot.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 22:20   Link #6968
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Haruto's sister makes a good point. Why didn't Asuka ask Haruto to come with her to her hometown?

What Asuka suggested has the same effect as when she told him to go to the mixer.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 22:26   Link #6969
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
why bother when Haruto wants it ^^, The part where Haruto sisters talk about their relationship and points out all the mistakes that Haruto made I wonder if Seo is trolling hard this time. did he intentional made Haruto into an idiot.
perhaps he had other intentions but executive meddling forced him to extends so he made this entire mess on purpose as a form of rebellion. He's shown pretty keen awareness through his characters (Rin sems to be the walking embodiment of this) the mistakes people see with the story for it to be that he has no clue.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 23:31   Link #6970
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
perhaps he had other intentions but executive meddling forced him to extends so he made this entire mess on purpose as a form of rebellion. He's shown pretty keen awareness through his characters (Rin sems to be the walking embodiment of this) the mistakes people see with the story for it to be that he has no clue.
I would support Seo if he declare an acknowledgement for purposely killing his manga ^^, but I would find it hard to forgive him for the middle part.... with yuzuki's part. I'm going to see what happens in the future, if Haruto turns 180 when he hooks up with Yuzuki then that would be the deciding factor.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 06:50   Link #6971
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
lets put aside Asuka for a moment, why would he ever go back with Eba? She has proven that she will throw him under the bus. You can make all the excuses you like but if we're being honest with ourselves who would really want her back at this point? On another note he isn't just wishy washy he is weak minded. the girl that is blackmailing him (can't remember her name) wouldn't it just be easier to tell his girlfriend that he got set up by a scammer. I imagine dishonest people in a city the size of tokyo are not that hard for anyone to accept.
__________________
Proud memeber of the Ying Mu Jun Tuan
Mykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 07:22   Link #6972
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
lets put aside Asuka for a moment, why would he ever go back with Eba? She has proven that she will throw him under the bus. You can make all the excuses you like but if we're being honest with ourselves who would really want her back at this point? On another note he isn't just wishy washy he is weak minded. the girl that is blackmailing him (can't remember her name) wouldn't it just be easier to tell his girlfriend that he got set up by a scammer. I imagine dishonest people in a city the size of tokyo are not that hard for anyone to accept.
Haruto never held a grudge against Eba for leaving him to help Kazama. No matter what you or anyone else would feel like in this situation, Haruto was clearly shown to understand Eba's decision to comfort Kazama, even though he still wanted her back.
What your comment actually does is reflect on how hard it is to identify with Haruto but then again it's been that way since chapter 1.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 08:19   Link #6973
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
lets put aside Asuka for a moment, why would he ever go back with Eba? She has proven that she will throw him under the bus. You can make all the excuses you like but if we're being honest with ourselves who would really want her back at this point? On another note he isn't just wishy washy he is weak minded. the girl that is blackmailing him (can't remember her name) wouldn't it just be easier to tell his girlfriend that he got set up by a scammer. I imagine dishonest people in a city the size of tokyo are not that hard for anyone to accept.
Because only little kids keep grudges ^^,

If I look at it objectively the writer went insane and pull a plot twist from no where.... if I were to believe his bs she did something wrong although it was trying to help a friend... which can be forgivable depends how emotional you are as a person.

she did it with good reason and good intention... of course it was stupid but I blame the writer for being insane, for forcefully detracting from the story. She still loves Haruto.... but due to some unexpected out of this world plot twist shit happens. I'm just sad someone believes in illogical rational as a bases to hate her character. If the person wasn't someone close to her it wouldn't happen, if Kazama wasn't dying it wouldn't happen, if Seo had thought about it more it wouldn't happen...

Let see how many dying friends Yuzuki has, you might have a case if all her male friends are dying around her lol.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-04-08 at 08:31.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 10:40   Link #6974
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
lets put aside Asuka for a moment, why would he ever go back with Eba? She has proven that she will throw him under the bus. You can make all the excuses you like but if we're being honest with ourselves who would really want her back at this point? On another note he isn't just wishy washy he is weak minded. the girl that is blackmailing him (can't remember her name) wouldn't it just be easier to tell his girlfriend that he got set up by a scammer. I imagine dishonest people in a city the size of tokyo are not that hard for anyone to accept.
Haruto never held Kazama's predicament against Yuzuki. If he did, he wouldn't have proposed a fair competition with Kazama to win her back.

Honestly, the readers are more spiteful about the situation than any of the characters are.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 13:20   Link #6975
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Because only little kids keep grudges ^^,

If I look at it objectively the writer went insane and pull a plot twist from no where.... if I were to believe his bs she did something wrong although it was trying to help a friend... which can be forgivable depends how emotional you are as a person.

she did it with good reason and good intention... of course it was stupid but I blame the writer for being insane, for forcefully detracting from the story. She still loves Haruto.... but due to some unexpected out of this world plot twist shit happens. I'm just sad someone believes in illogical rational as a bases to hate her character. If the person wasn't someone close to her it wouldn't happen, if Kazama wasn't dying it wouldn't happen, if Seo had thought about it more it wouldn't happen...

Let see how many dying friends Yuzuki has, you might have a case if all her male friends are dying around her lol.

A lot of Netorare hentai plots are like that. The girll feels guilty or in need to pay the favour and ends up going the left way. Its not particularly deep or interesting plotline (as it has been overused too many times already). You can see thousands of such plots in Netorare h manga or eroge.

Good reason and good intention or not still make those a rage manga's. Here we have only a simulation Netorare but it still created plenty of rage like a real netorare does and even used your typical netorare plot for giving a 'good' reason.

And as you know - road to hell is built on good intentions. History teaches us that a lot of human sufferings actually started from good intentions.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 13:26   Link #6976
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
this isn't about being spiteful, or holding a grudge this is about common sense. I am not suggesting he hate her but relationships involve trust and I am suggesting he can't trust her. Yes I am sure he will go back to her but it just skips right past suspension of disbelief and over on into lala land.
As for good intentions, isn't that what they paved the road to hell with?
__________________
Proud memeber of the Ying Mu Jun Tuan
Mykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 13:32   Link #6977
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
A lot of Netorare hentai plots are like that. The girll feels guilty or in need to pay the favour and ends up going the left way. Its not particularly deep or interesting plotline (as it has been overused too many times already). You can see thousands of such plots in Netorare h manga or eroge.

Good reason and good intention or not still make those a rage manga's. Here we have only a simulation Netorare but it still created plenty of rage like a real netorare does and even used your typical netorare plot for giving a 'good' reason.

And as you know - road to hell is built on good intentions. History teaches us that a lot of human sufferings actually started from good intentions.
No... a the core of a NTR plot has the girl lose her sense of reason to pleasure from another guy. Between Kazama and Haruto, Yuzuki just reasoned incorrectly. Both are examples of poor writing but for different reasons.

Also, I think Yuzuki had little confidence in Haruto to begin with. She was hesitant in Hiroshima when Haruto started making a move towards her instead of Nanami. She had little faith in Tokyo because of the long-distance relationship. Now, she's still wary of getting too close Haruto and tries to friendzone him instead. Considering how Harutard is so easily pushed around, I don't really blame Yuzuki's lack of faith anymore.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 16:18   Link #6978
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No... a the core of a NTR plot has the girl lose her sense of reason to pleasure from another guy. Between Kazama and Haruto, Yuzuki just reasoned incorrectly. Both are examples of poor writing but for different reasons.

Also, I think Yuzuki had little confidence in Haruto to begin with. She was hesitant in Hiroshima when Haruto started making a move towards her instead of Nanami. She had little faith in Tokyo because of the long-distance relationship. Now, she's still wary of getting too close Haruto and tries to friendzone him instead. Considering how Harutard is so easily pushed around, I don't really blame Yuzuki's lack of faith anymore.
Its not a must to loose any sense.

In fact if its type C NTR the girl doesnt loose anything she is just raped (usually in fron of the helpless hero).

So you are wrong. Not all NTR are just Type A and B.

And the same incorrect reasoning by Eba is used in thousand other NTR manga's which is the point. The girl goes "Ah. I dont feel anything for that guy. But he is (injured dropped out etc) because of me (or she simply feels that she is in need to repay). I need to pay it back somehow" And its typical NTR setting up.

Who cares iof the girl is broken or not. This setting is still a typical NTR setting that Seo copied like any cheap doujinshi mangaka without any creativity.

Seo just didnt end it making a full NTR (eba didnt have had even touched the guy), but it still simulated Netorare feeling and created plenty of rage just like real Netorare.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 16:47   Link #6979
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Rage, from who? Surely not Haruto. Hell, he even became Kazuma's personal chef...

So according to your alphabet breakdown of NTR, it happens in almost manga? Sorry, I don't see NTR one bit in this manga. Just guy getting dumped. Happens all the time and there's no need to scream NTR every time because of it...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 16:54   Link #6980
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Rage, from who? Surely not Haruto. Hell, he even became Kazuma's personal chef...

So according to your alphabet breakdown of NTR, it happens in almost manga? Sorry, I don't see NTR one bit in this manga. Just guy getting dumped. Happens all the time and there's no need to scream NTR every time because of it...
Rage from readers. Who put themselves in Haruto position. It doesnt mean they have the same reaction as the Haruto. Its like for example in Zero No tsukaima lots of readers put in hero's Saito's shoes but it doesnt mean they all have masochistic tendencies and tsundere loli-love like Saito. Their reactions to the same situations are different.

Haruto did not feel rage but a lot of readers did.

Being dumped for another guy - sorry to break it on you, but thats a typical case of being NTR'ed.

Again, NTR is a complex genre, but having been around with plenty of eroge or h manga and doujins i think you would be able to tell those apart (well I am one of the uploaders on a few sites and since it usually requires tagging so you have to know the types more or less inside-out.

You are still a newbie so you dont get netorare term (and a lot of people don't want to get it as its too frustrating) and start puffing around that any manga would make NTR but its not true. However, KNIM really did ride the netorare story telling (I uploaded plenty of NTR doujins with the same storyline setting), it just didnt go all the way to NTR and excluded the physical contact, but all other aspects were there.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.