AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 01:57   Link #7621
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Rushed much? I'm petty disgusted with this chapter, though that's new nothing new.
Old 2011-06-22, 02:23   Link #7622
lightbringer
M9000

There is a positive side to this fiasco, that being that Seo is not dragging out the breakup. Nevermind that Asuka should really kill the little bitch. This outcome was inevitable from the moment they started dating, but it was still painful to sit through it watching Haruto act like a douchebag.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 02:27   Link #7623
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Ouch, I love Eba but that was harsh... Asuka deserves better... Eba deserves better... Well, that last one could be debated...

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 02:37   Link #7624
ShiroiRyu

Hahaha ...
Stupid boy is stupid.
I hope Eba will troll him one more time.
He deserved that !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 03:10   Link #7625
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'll go with the consensus that Haruto is a major league dick and deserves NONE of the girls. Talk about curb stomping Asuka by asking HER to break up with him after already telling her he likes someone else...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 05:24   Link #7626
oDin01

Seo really wants to portray Haruto as the worst male lead in a shounen romance comedy. Instead of just making Haruto break up with Asuka, he tells her that he loves another girl and then proceeds to ask her to dump him. Only Seo can make you hate two lead characters in a manga.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 05:41   Link #7627
Dorsai

Wtf with this boring couple, boring couple? You dont give a .... about her till now, she could not exist and noone of you would care... And now after break up you started to care? Pathethic...

Sometimes subtle situations like between them in the begining of their relationship (trip to Hiroshima, christmas etc) are a lot better to watch then lovey-dovey in most shoujo mangas...

Break-up was really heart-breaking for me... But it was lost/lost situation... Maybe better that it ends faster...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-06-22 at 06:57.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 06:05   Link #7628
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
I hope that it is fully over. I really don't want to see a will he/won't he saga with Asuka.
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 07:11   Link #7629
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Pathetic Haruto is pathetic, but at the very least he didn't try to drag this out and broke up with her in one fell swoop.

Now onto seeing how things turn out with Yuzuki. This should be interesting...
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 07:47   Link #7630
katsudon
Part Time Translator

after knowing the outcome for a few days now.... my rage has subsided.

i was thinking, there really is no way for him to not hurt either one of them. right AFTER the fireworks. and he had to make a choice.

Eba... is pretty clever (don't know if it is intended or not) by forcing him to make a choice (using, "I'll never see you again" ultimatum which she used before, just add throwing the necklace to take it up a notch)....

well... at this point, i guess whatever seo wants to do is fine with me... he already ruined Suzuka for me, so it couldn't get any worse.

shoot, make Rin a brocon maniac would be fine too.
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 08:30   Link #7631
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
most boring couple has finally broken up sweet.
Pretty much yeah.

Break ups are hard, I like Asuka, she's a very likable character but the relationship she had with Haruto was too artificial and boring. It had to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'll go with the consensus that Haruto is a major league dick and deserves NONE of the girls. Talk about curb stomping Asuka by asking HER to break up with him after already telling her he likes someone else...
I believe all of the "heroes" in Seo's series are dicks, I mean remember the massive rage dealing with Honoka in Suzuka?
Old 2011-06-22, 08:31   Link #7632
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

I don't get why everyone is so pissed. We knew this was coming. There is no such thing as a 'nice' or 'happy' break up either.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 08:41   Link #7633
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't get why everyone is so pissed. We knew this was coming. There is no such thing as a 'nice' or 'happy' break up either.
Well there kinda is, I guess neutral is more the proper term though, when the couple come to a mutual understanding and mutually break up cause it wasn't working out, typically these kinds of break-ups they stay as friends.
Old 2011-06-22, 08:45   Link #7634
kakajd

Poor Asuka, It really sucks for her, but like already said, Im not feeling as bad because we all new it was happening.

Haruto, really, this chap has no clue, he tries to make Asuka feel better about getting dumped for Eba by telling her to break up with him, honestly, how simple minded is he?

Glad to see Haruto finally got a bitch slap, a pretty good one as well, if anything came from this chapter, it was the fact that it showed Haruto as decisive in picking Eba.

Unless there is another twist where Asuka can make a play, then, is this Manga not pretty much nearing the end?
Old 2011-06-22, 08:47   Link #7635
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Pretty much yeah.

Break ups are hard, I like Asuka, she's a very likable character but the relationship she had with Haruto was too artificial and boring. It had to happen.

I believe all of the "heroes" in Seo's series are dicks, I mean remember the massive rage dealing with Honoka in Suzuka?
Honoka at least had a lot going for her when she found her calling and stopped chasing after Yamato. Asuka's original personality is nowhere to be seen.

Anyway, in Haruto's defense, "please break up with me" is a common translated phrase. He probably only meant to be formal and polite, but considering all the rage directed at him it's easy to interpret that as him being passive and dumping all the responsibility on Asuka.
This is actually a big step up for Haruto since he actually took action instead of letting things run their course.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 08:50   Link #7636
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Perhaps, but you've got to understand that the situation here was rage worthy to a lot of people. Yuzuki, whether intentionally or unintentionally, put Haruto into a pretty tight spot with her sudden confession even though she knew he already had a girlfriend, and Haruto himself could only come to terms with his feelings for Yuzuki after she near severed ties with him and Asuka caught him red-handed.

No matter how you slice it, Asuka was the victim here; even though her relationship with Haruto was pretty hollow and doomed from the start.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 08:51   Link #7637
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Honoka at least had a lot going for her when she found her calling and stopped chasing after Yamato. Asuka's original personality is nowhere to be seen.

Anyway, in Haruto's defense, "please break up with me" is a common translated phrase. He probably only meant to be formal and polite, but considering all the rage directed at him it's easy to interpret that as him being passive and dumping all the responsibility on Asuka.
This is actually a big step up for Haruto since he actually took action instead of letting things run their course.
Doesn't change the fact that Yamato was a bigger douche than Haruto was

Anyway, yeah I agree Asuka is kinda non-existent she just sorta shows up randomly in a chapter to remind the audience that Haruto has a girlfriend.
Old 2011-06-22, 09:03   Link #7638
katsudon
Part Time Translator

oh yeah, with the slapping...

i remember kanzaki slapped him too.... any others?
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 09:58   Link #7639
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Doesn't change the fact that Yamato was a bigger douche than Haruto was
At least Yamato was a huge douche to only one girl though
Old 2011-06-22, 10:45   Link #7640
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I remain in my mind, I would have preferred a bigger development between Asuka and Haruto.
However, I am curious how the story will go on, and how Asuka will react.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life