AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-13, 03:18   Link #8181
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
What's the big issue again?

Eba knows that Haruto's friends are going to resent him for his decision (end of chapter 141), and she knows that she'll be resented too, but she's OKAY with it. Being with the guy she loves takes precedence, and that's a pretty reasonable point of view.

Haruto's reaction was understandable, too. He's been friends with the others for ages, and naturally that is something deeply ingrained in you that you can't quickly shrug off simply because you have a serious falling-out with them. However, he realizes that he can't ask them to help him support a development (getting close to Eba) that they directly oppose. That's why he broke off and shut up.

And let me be frank here: If they seriously rescind their friendship over this development, they have a really crappy idea what being friends means. Then they haven't been real friends at all.

So, at the moment, Eba acts most reasonable out of all.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 04:15   Link #8182
night train
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
because i said "money" doesn't mean that it is only about "money"... he just blurted out that he can just borrow money from his frie....oh, i don't have friends anymore... "i don't need them as long as im with Eba"... he just figured it out now that they were wrong... did he remember them for the last few days? no call? no explanations? now that he has money problems, he remembered them...
Because that's what you do when you have friends that grew up with you and went through thick and thin with you. No matter of the size of the crap that hits the fan, you know that they got your back. Haruto blurted out that comment out of reflex, not out of selfish need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
now that they got money from Shiori, he will just forget everything and "im right, i dont really need them"... this is how his mind works...
So, you fault him for realizing that his childhood friends abandoned him over a girl they knew for two years and instead of dwelling on the past, he decided marched forward? Am I correct on your interpretation? If so, then you sir, are viewing this through some heavily tinted glasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
yes, it is common and we all understand that.. im sure you also cried for a girl before, pleading "we can still fix this", then calling her phone for the nth time hoping she will answer and hear more explanations...
Actually, no, I didn't. I always felt that if one party isn't willing to listen or work things out then that's that. I'm a firm believer of "if it's meant to be then she will come back but if not then it's not meant to be"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
or you have the same standards as him that's why you are satisfied already...
Everyone's standard is different. I understand the Haruto's reasoning behind his actions and that makes me a bad guy? There's is no fair game in romance. To put it bluntly, once the first crush/love bubble burst, everyone is covering their asses next time around. Not to mention, why should Seo take your moral standards into consideration when writing HIS story?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
you know that there are pros and cons in every forum... and bringing up the previous events is how we can connect and understand the story...
saying "kyaaa, eba was beautiful in this chapter...she was helping haruto, that was so sweet, i hope they will find an apartment next chapter"... imagine 30 of that same comments, is that what you want to see in a forum?
No. That's why I didn't comment about other people's post. For the reason being that even if they don't like the current arc, they didn't sling mud around such as 'Haruto really is the worst... he can only remember his friends when he needed money." People voiced their disdain for Haruto with a logical explanation and without crossing the line. However, that line you put up there is just slinging mud.
night train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 04:36   Link #8183
night train
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Aya = Eba? ROFL
Nishino = Asuka Position in the manga is similar, but personality very different..
Nishino=Eba
Aya=Asuka
There, fixed.
night train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 07:22   Link #8184
erfine
hugs@Ranka
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And let me be frank here: If they seriously rescind their friendship over this development, they have a really crappy idea what being friends means. Then they haven't been real friends at all.
This.

But in all honesty, it was pretty clear how superficial the friendship was from the moment that they issued their ultimatum. You can't demand things in a relationship, you can only offer.
erfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 08:05   Link #8185
mangaf_cksdotcom
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And let me be frank here: If they seriously rescind their friendship over this development, they have a really crappy idea what being friends means. Then they haven't been real friends at all.

So, at the moment, Eba acts most reasonable out of all.
i find it normal to threaten a friend if im really pissed off... their friendship will soon be back to normal, friends forgive each other, and it's natural that they will not forget this incident. and Eba was acting like a real GF now. i hope there wont be another change of her personality...
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Because that's what you do when you have friends that grew up with you and went through thick and thin with you. No matter of the size of the crap that hits the fan, you know that they got your back. Haruto blurted out that comment out of reflex, not out of selfish need.

So, you fault him for realizing that his childhood friends abandoned him over a girl they knew for two years and instead of dwelling on the past, he decided marched forward? Am I correct on your interpretation? If so, then you sir, are viewing this through some heavily tinted glasses.
"out of reflex" - so he's used to ask this request to his friends... dont say you dont need friends, haruto... you already miss them, especially in times like this..

it's true that friends should be there even how big the problem is, but it is also their duty to shape you as a man that is worth their friendship. who wants to back up a friend who doesn't even listen to your advice? he's a friend that told you something like this but done something like that.. if he has problems, u advise him; if he's confused, u pull him back on track; if he lacks courage, you push him forward. but in the end, your efforts were useless... can't u see, they also feel responsible for asuka's heartbreak because they supported haruto to date asuka... not to mention, she is also a friend, and a good person overall... it was his choice not to fix this situation...a reasonable explanation is all they need.

a friend is a friend, even if you just known her yesterday...

i am viewing this clearly with my naked eye...
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Actually, no, I didn't. I always felt that if one party isn't willing to listen or work things out then that's that. I'm a firm believer of "if it's meant to be then she will come back but if not then it's not meant to be"
ahhh, so you still haven't been inlove... you're just passing time and satisfying your needs... she will never come back if you wont do anything, unless if her feelings for u didnt fade... u wanted her to exert more effort than you? hmmm... good luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Everyone's standard is different. I understand the Haruto's reasoning behind his actions and that makes me a bad guy? There's is no fair game in romance. To put it bluntly, once the first crush/love bubble burst, everyone is covering their asses next time around. Not to mention, why should Seo take your moral standards into consideration when writing HIS story?
yes, and we have different experiences too, that's why you favor him over the 2-year-girl-i-know named asuka... you want asuka to just "if Haruto and I were meant to be, then he will come back"... ok.. good luck to this girl too...

Seo doesnt know me, if we knew each other, KNIM might be different..
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
No. That's why I didn't comment about other people's post. For the reason being that even if they don't like the current arc, they didn't sling mud around such as 'Haruto really is the worst... he can only remember his friends when he needed money." People voiced their disdain for Haruto with a logical explanation and without crossing the line. However, that line you put up there is just slinging mud.
sorry, but im not a believer of fate... i believe in cause and effect... i want results from my efforts, but luck is accepted anytime...
i dont know how ur logic works but that's how i find Haruto...

i'll give u an example:
Haruto: "maybe this girl can help me forget Eba" (Haruto thinking, directed to nanami)

if you are haruto what will you be thinking?
-if it fails, then i'll move on, she'll cry for a week then she'll move on too... it's a normal occurrence..
-wow, she's offering herself, she's cute with a couple of nice racks... i'll just play along and enjoy it...
-(Me): i cant do this, we dont feel the same for each other, this is unfair to her... we've been close to each other lately.. she doesnt deserve to be hurt later...(ive actually done this, but the darkness inside me wanted the second option)

i think i know what you'll pick... and what do you think haruto picked?
__________________
mangaf_cksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 10:18   Link #8186
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I think everyone has a different moral standard when it comes to Haruto and his friend issue. This might be what Seo had in mind all along. Also, as i stated when i compare the reactions of westerners to the reactions of native nihonjin the reactions are quite opposite from one another. So its obvious that everyone moral standard and possible upbringing will alter their perspective of the situation. What does a friend mean to you? Is a friend entitled to make mistakes over and over and you forgive them? when does one terminate a friendship? everyone's answers are differ.

Right now i honestly think the best thing is Haruto and his friends to have space from once another. Time heals wounds or makes them fester we will see which one emerges here. I understand his friends annoyance with him i may not support their decision but i understand it. I believe some should look at the situation from a culture stand point and see how they feel afterwards.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 10:26   Link #8187
Tactics
Oath Sign
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Look at Asuka, man...breaks my heart....
I'm really surprised ( mixed by angst and hated ) when I knew it was Asuka who feels the guilt.

Haruto is the one that supposed to take the guilt and go first for forgiveness.
Now--- It's Asuka who come first, taking the guilt, right after we see her trying to smile with her friends.

Haruto, you're the worst.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 10:47   Link #8188
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Nishino=Eba
Aya=Asuka
There, fixed.
Hope you can sleep at night for thinking that~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I'm really surprised ( mixed by angst and hated ) when I knew it was Asuka who feels the guilt.

Haruto is the one that supposed to take the guilt and go first for forgiveness.
Now--- It's Asuka who come first, taking the guilt, right after we see her trying to smile with her friends.

Haruto, you're the worst.
He is and Seo too
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 11:03   Link #8189
Nemuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Nishino=Eba
Aya=Asuka
There, fixed.
well I kinda agree with it since from my perspective I have always like yuzuki and she's the one deserving with the stunt Seo pulled although my personally feelings asides, Asuka represents no one... she's not even a character with any development. I still don't understand why people like her. btw please leave the ichigo 100% comparison out of this thread.

Vansonbee can't seem to set aside his person opinion ic. objectively speaking yuzuki is the first girl who went out with haruto and also becoming the returning girl. She left him for a similar reason to study at a different school/family.

P.S the manga is so much more fun with with Yuzuki returning.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 11:04   Link #8190
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
To me that is pure speculation unless you have proof to solidify the statement. If she knew the situation he wouldn't even have thought of the sentence. Its human nature to fib every now and then but its not human nature to fib when you know the other person already knows you fibbing. He did stop short true but that does not mean Eba knows the situation. I will admit that there is a possibility that she does know, but i will wait till its actually mentioned. Im not saying he's lying in this particular instance but a person does not change dramatically over a few days. Haruto still hides things and hiding things can be still be taken as lying. Its not the things that are said its the things that are left unsaid.
A picture is worth a thousand words? The first 3 pages is enough to convince me of that.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 11:46   Link #8191
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words? The first 3 pages is enough to convince me of that.
her face showed me that she is probably aware that his friends are angry with him and there is tension between them but i dont feel she has knowledge of the ultimatum or the ending of the friendships. Well we see things differently once again no biggie
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 12:02   Link #8192
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And let me be frank here: If they seriously rescind their friendship over this development, they have a really crappy idea what being friends means. Then they haven't been real friends at all.
Quoting this truth since it hasn't been quoted often enough yet

I'm expecting them to come around eventually. Not to approve of his ditching of Asuka, but to stay friends with him. Especially Takashi and Akari, who have been friends with Haruto for a long time. Otherwise all of the supposed friendship development up until now would've been meaningless.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 13:01   Link #8193
night train
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
i find it normal to threaten a friend if im really pissed off... their friendship will soon be back to normal, friends forgive each other, and it's natural that they will not forget this incident.
"out of reflex" - so he's used to ask this request to his friends...
Please support that claim because I don't see it anywhere in the manga where Haruto asking his friend for money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
can't u see, they also feel responsible for asuka's heartbreak because they supported haruto to date asuka....
I fail to see a panel where Akari/Takashi pushed Haruto to date Asuka. So how are they responsible for Asuka's heartbreak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
a friend is a friend, even if you just known her yesterday...
It's not comparable to the people who you grew up with and knows everything about you. Not even close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
ahhh, so you still haven't been inlove... you're just passing time and satisfying your needs... she will never come back if you wont do anything, unless if her feelings for u didnt fade... u wanted her to exert more effort than you? hmmm... good luck...
This is what I meant by a statement without logic and sling mud. What is the basis for that conclusion? Because of your personal experience? So, therefore if I didn't experience the same thing then I've never been in love? FYI, been with my girl for 8+ years and getting married in 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
yes, and we have different experiences too, that's why you favor him over the 2-year-girl-i-know named asuka... you want asuka to just "if Haruto and I were meant to be, then he will come back"... ok.. good luck to this girl too...
You mean my soon to be wife? Where we started dating in HS, drifted apart and then got back together years later?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
Seo doesnt know me, if we knew each other, KNIM might be different..
Why should your opinion matter to him when you weren't even his intended aaudience from the start?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
Haruto: "maybe this girl can help me forget Eba" (Haruto thinking, directed to nanami)
if you are haruto what will you be thinking?
-if it fails, then i'll move on, she'll cry for a week then she'll move on too... it's a normal occurrence..
-wow, she's offering herself, she's cute with a couple of nice racks... i'll just play along and enjoy it...
-(Me): i cant do this, we dont feel the same for each other, this is unfair to her... we've been close to each other lately.. she doesnt deserve to be hurt later...(ive actually done this, but the darkness inside me wanted the second option)
i think i know what you'll pick... and what do you think haruto picked?
Actually, Haruto was put in this situation and he didn't chose Nanami.

Last edited by night train; 2011-07-13 at 13:06. Reason: omitting parts that is just flame bait
night train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 23:50   Link #8194
mangaf_cksdotcom
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Please support that claim because I don't see it anywhere in the manga where Haruto asking his friend for money.
uhm, you just said that haruto blurted that "money" thing out of reflex... he unconsciously said it but realized it's not an option anymore... ok man, this will be like explaining 1+1=2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
I fail to see a panel where Akari/Takashi pushed Haruto to date Asuka. So how are they responsible for Asuka's heartbreak?
when Asuka came to Hiroshima for the 1st time... all of haruto's friends supported them... and they were happy for haruto finally break free from his zombie mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
It's not comparable to the people who you grew up with and knows everything about you. Not even close.
you dont have to compare your friends dude... both are their friends, one is hurt, the other one caused it... and they knew haruto very well, that's why they're acting like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
This is what I meant by a statement without logic and sling mud. What is the basis for that conclusion? Because of your personal experience? So, therefore if I didn't experience the same thing then I've never been in love? FYI, been with my girl for 8+ years and getting married in 3 months.
good for you, congratulations...
i'm talking about your strong belief on "if were not meant to be...".. and maybe you haven't experienced the situations in this manga yet? if you have different experiences, you also have a different look into their situations... as for me, ive had similar experiences with some characters in my younger days so i keep on reading this manga...
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
You mean my soon to be wife? Where we started dating in HS, drifted apart and then got back together years later?
actually, i dont want to comment on your personal situations... but who tried to get back together? it just happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Why should your opinion matter to him when you weren't even his intended aaudience from the start?
i don't know where the punchline is, but i found this funny... i cant take a very busy guy like seo with me... but if we hanged out together (especially in late college) before he became a mangaka, then he would experience something different and would affect his writing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Actually, Haruto was put in this situation and he didn't chose Nanami.
yes, i said it was Haruto's situation... but u didnt pick a choice...
in chapter 75, haruto chose the 2nd option from the start, but switched to the 1st after talking with nanami... fortunately, the wind favored nanami and haruto read the letter from eba... but in asuka's case, it was a direct 1st option, then the wind came to save her after 2 years... do you really feel her situation now? or you can just feel haruto's?
__________________
mangaf_cksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 00:15   Link #8195
xeon921
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Where are some of you guys getting that he went out with Asuka for 2 years? In chapter 110 Takashi says Haruto has been with Asuka a year and they haven't done it yet. Then later after Haruto tells Takashi that he met Yuzuki at a mixer, Takashi mentions how she dumped Haruto 2 years ago. That is the only mention I found of 2 years.... so Haruto should have only been together with Asuka for about a year instead of 2 years.
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 00:54   Link #8196
night train
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Please support that claim because I don't see it anywhere in the manga where Haruto asking his friend for money.
My comment was direct at this post of yours:
Quote:
"out of reflex" - so he's used to ask this request to his friends..
The reflex part is what I stated before leaning on your friends. Which is to disagrees with this post of yours:
Quote:
Haruto really is the worst... he can only remember his friends when he needed money..
I'm not gonna explain this "reflex" thing all over again, I did that the last couple of posts ago
Quote:
you dont have to compare your friends dude... both are their friends, one is hurt, the other one caused it... and they knew haruto very well, that's why they're acting like that...
Umm...childhood friends are often your best friends. I don't understand how one can value a friend over their best friends.
Quote:
maybe you haven't experienced the situations in this manga yet? if you have different experiences, you also have a different look into their situations... as for me, ive had similar experiences with some characters in my younger days so i keep on reading this manga..
I stated earlier that the reason I jumped into the fray is because it hit too close to home. I was in Haruto's shoes and I did leave the girl I was seeing for my current fiance. Did I hurt the girl? Yeah. Do I feel bad about it? Yeah. Do I regret my decision? HELL NO. Because my heart is with someone else and I'm not gonna betray the girl's trust any further by lying to her face.
Quote:
but who tried to get back together? it just happened?
Bumped into each other at a mutual friend's party. Started off innocent with "we should hang out sometime to catch up" to where we're at now.
Quote:
i cant take a very busy guy like seo with me... but if we hanged out together (especially in late college) before he became a mangaka, then he would experience something different and would affect his writing...
That's a based on if's. So what's the point of stating this:
Quote:
Seo doesnt know me, if we knew each other, KNIM might be different..
I was just stating staying off the if's and let talk about what's relevant. Not judging the mangaka's moral compass.
Quote:
yes, i said it was Haruto's situation... but u didnt pick a choice...but in asuka's case, it was a direct 1st option, then the wind came to save her after 2 years... do you really feel her situation now? or you can just feel haruto's?
You keep forgetting that Asuka keep pushing for Haruto's affection while knowing that he wasn't completely over Eba yet. Starting from chapter 85, it was apparent as day that Asuka was interested in Haruto. She knew how strong his feeling towards Eba and she still took that gamble. She lost and it does suck. If you are as experience as you claim, then you must know that rebound+someone with lingering feeling for his ex=disaster. Sorta like 1+1=2 . If you read my post then you should know which route I picked.

Last edited by night train; 2011-07-14 at 00:57. Reason: cleaning up.
night train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 02:23   Link #8197
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon921 View Post
Where are some of you guys getting that he went out with Asuka for 2 years? In chapter 110 Takashi says Haruto has been with Asuka a year and they haven't done it yet. Then later after Haruto tells Takashi that he met Yuzuki at a mixer, Takashi mentions how she dumped Haruto 2 years ago. That is the only mention I found of 2 years.... so Haruto should have only been together with Asuka for about a year instead of 2 years.
This post explain it better.
http://forum.onemanga.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=60
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 09:23   Link #8198
mangaf_cksdotcom
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
My comment was direct at this post of yours:
The reflex part is what I stated before leaning on your friends. Which is to disagrees with this post of yours: I'm not gonna explain this "reflex" thing all over again, I did that the last couple of posts ago
heh? you already have the answer right there.... did haruto blurted another person's name? did he blurt out his mom's name or aoi's? does he have another friend he can borrow money from? Seo should travel back in time and draw a panel that shows haruto borrowing money from takashi to support his current chapter that borrowing money from takashi or akari is currently not an option for their childhood friend haruto, so he should borrow from another person like his sister...
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
Umm...childhood friends are often your best friends. I don't understand how one can value a friend over their best friends.
you dont understand? then maybe you need to explore your life more...

bestfriends also fight... there are also times that you're fed up with his practical jokes or his foolishness..tired of advising but still he sniffs some coke...
some childhood friends would chicken out in a rumble while some friends will pick you up when you're knocked down...
or, are you the kind of guy who will ignore your friend #2, because they are on bad terms with your childhood friend?
read the situation dude, it's not because you know someone longer doesnt mean you should favor him every time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
I stated earlier that the reason I jumped into the fray is because it hit too close to home. I was in Haruto's shoes and I did leave the girl I was seeing for my current fiance. Did I hurt the girl? Yeah. Do I feel bad about it? Yeah. Do I regret my decision? HELL NO. Because my heart is with someone else and I'm not gonna betray the girl's trust any further by lying to her face.

Bumped into each other at a mutual friend's party. Started off innocent with "we should hang out sometime to catch up" to where we're at now.
yeah, that was correct, you shouldn't hurt her more than what you already did... but what was your purpose when you dated this girl? to forget your current-fiance? or "i'll give her a try"? you were lonely when you were left behind? or did u try to win your fiance again behind your current GF's back? then you wanted your friends to support you because you left this girl who expected that someday you might marry her...
i might be a jerk for fooling around with easy women, but i never betrayed an honest and pure girl who trusted me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
That's a based on if's. So what's the point of stating this:
I was just stating staying off the if's and let talk about what's relevant. Not judging the mangaka's moral compass.
i don't know where you're getting at but we in the forums react on the story because we have different experiences.. so simply, not all people here can just say "yes sir" all the time...
and btw, you asked me "why should Seo take your moral standards into consideration when writing HIS story?" so this statement was already imaginary, that's why i used "if we knew each other, KNIM might be different.." - of course, i might have significance in his life if we are friends...
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
You keep forgetting that Asuka keep pushing for Haruto's affection while knowing that he wasn't completely over Eba yet. Starting from chapter 85, it was apparent as day that Asuka was interested in Haruto. She knew how strong his feeling towards Eba and she still took that gamble. She lost and it does suck. If you are as experience as you claim, then you must know that rebound+someone with lingering feeling for his ex=disaster. Sorta like 1+1=2 . If you read my post then you should know which route I picked.
of course u picked the 1st option... and also, i've experienced a lot of ups and downs that can be written in a manga..

so you already answered my questions above... you used your current GF that time to forget your fiance... so... yeah...what's wrong with that....
having lingering feelings says you want her back if u can...
Asuka pushing herself to haruto is not the issue here... it is Haruto dating and using her was the problem... the poor girl believed all the lies and dumped her after seeing the ex... he has something to look forward to, while the one left behind have nothing...
__________________
mangaf_cksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 16:15   Link #8199
Heiwatsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
PLEASE STOP FIGHTING PEOPLE? lol... All that needs to be said is Haruto is a F@G like Makoto from School Days. I even half expected Asuka to be holding a knife behind her back when they saw each other at the apartment LOL. anyway....

My opinion on the matter: Nobody should be blamed for anything, but rather the opinions should be limited to disapproval. LIKE HOW I DISAPPROVE OF HARUTO'S CHOICE YA BETCH. And I kinda disapprove of Eba continuing to want to go out with Haruto even know she knew Asuka would be hurt..
---------------------------------

Quote:
You keep forgetting that Asuka keep pushing for Haruto's affection while knowing that he wasn't completely over Eba yet. Starting from chapter 85, it was apparent as day that Asuka was interested in Haruto. She knew how strong his feeling towards Eba and she still took that gamble. She lost and it does suck. If you are as experience as you claim, then you must know that rebound+someone with lingering feeling for his ex=disaster. Sorta like 1+1=2 . If you read my post then you should know which route I picked..
There's nothing wrong with trying to cheer up the person you love when he/she is hurt due to a previous experience. In this case, it would the perfect chance for another girl to come into that persons life and help them move on. but yeah, the current development sucks...

-------------------

Sadly if the current development stays, Asuka will be left behind in pain with nothing left. She may heal, but since this is a manga, such choices possibilities shouldn't be considered at this point. Generally, Haruto isn't at fault necessarily for his choice, he went with what he truly felt, an innocent personality compared to Makoto from school days who had his brain in his pants. However what I disapprove is the results. Haruto basically fell in mutual love with Asuka, then cast her away ( shes basically a leftover ). Well like I said, if this development stays this way, nothing can be done. Only thing I wish is for Asuka to find happiness.

Facts: 1. Haruto isn't a bad guy, his intention's arean't evil, just a dense guy trying to go through life. He does feel bad about Asuka, but what is he to do when he falls in love AGAIN?

2. Stating If's won't prove anything, but its quite entertaining to think about.

3. Trying to compare the manga's setting with personal experience and trying to back up opinions with it is pointless. No 2 situations are the same, similar or not, consider the factors and look at the content.

---------------

Quote:
can't u see, they also feel responsible for asuka's heartbreak because they supported haruto to date asuka....
Rather than feeling responsible, they obviously disapproved of Haruto's decision. Asuka was their friend, also they knew Haruto and Asuka have been dating for 2 years. Then all of a sudden he breaks up with her in a flash? Its normal they would disapprove.
__________________
Heiwatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 17:26   Link #8200
night train
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaf_cksdotcom View Post
heh? you already have the answer right there.... did haruto blurted another person's name? did he blurt out his mom's name or aoi's? does he have another friend he can borrow money from? Seo should travel back in time and draw a panel that shows haruto borrowing money from takashi to support his current chapter that borrowing money from takashi or akari is currently not an option for their childhood friend haruto, so he should borrow from another person like his sister....
I'm not even gonna bother answering this one again. It's like talking to a wall. Read my explanation of "reflex" couple posts back. We went through this already.
Quote:
you dont understand? then maybe you need to explore your life more...bestfriends also fight... there are also times that you're fed up with his practical jokes or his foolishness..tired of advising but still he sniffs some coke...
But they will never bail on you. I don't know what type of best friends you have but in my case, they got my back every time for 15 years.
Quote:
some childhood friends would chicken out in a rumble while some friends will pick you up when you're knocked down...or, are you the kind of guy who will ignore your friend #2, because they are on bad terms with your childhood friend?read the situation dude, it's not because you know someone longer doesnt mean you should favor him every time...
My best friends have got my back many times when things got rough. So, from my experience, while I wouldn't shunned them but if I were put in a position to pick a side then it's clear whose side I would stand by.
Quote:
yeah, that was correct, you shouldn't hurt her more than what you already did... but what was your purpose when you dated this girl? to forget your current-fiance? or "i'll give her a try"? you were lonely when you were left behind? or did u try to win your fiance again behind your current GF's back? then you wanted your friends to support you because you left this girl who expected that someday you might marry her...
I thought I was over her already. You assumed that I hopped into the next relationship. When the truth was far from it. I had friends when I felt down and they took my mind off it. Actually, my girl is the one who made the move toward reconciliation, not me. My friends asked me if this is what I want and stuck with me because that is what friends do. What is important to them is my well being and not of someone who they knew only for a short while.
Quote:
i don't know where you're getting at but we in the forums react on the story because we have different experiences.. so simply, not all people here can just say "yes sir" all the time...and btw, you asked me "why should Seo take your moral standards into consideration when writing HIS story?" so this statement was already imaginary, that's why i used "if we knew each other, KNIM might be different.." - of course, i might have significance in his life if we are friends...
That wasn't imaginary. Did you forget your post"
Quote:
or you have the same standards as him that's why you are satisfied already..
"My statement is a subtle hint to take the story as is and not imposing your standard on HIS story and not cry bloody murder when his view doesn't suit yours. Because at the end of the day, Seo is gonna write his story regardless of what you think.
Quote:
so you already answered my questions above... you used your current GF that time to forget your fiance... so... yeah...what's wrong with that.... having lingering feelings says you want her back if u can... Asuka pushing herself to haruto is not the issue here... it is Haruto dating and using her was the problem... the poor girl believed all the lies and dumped her after seeing the ex... he has something to look forward to, while the one left behind have nothing...
This whole part " you used your current GF that time to forget your fiance... so... yeah...what's wrong with that...." Straw man at it's best. You assumed a scenario that you can easily knock down. For your information, no, she wasn't a rebound. I had other "quick" relations to ease that part . In Haruto's case, he wasn't really given a chance to heal when you have someone plotting her move right next to him that is so obvious even to an outsider (Kiyomi/Nanami). So, how is the fact that Asuka pushing a Haruto into a relationship when she knows that his is just getting over Eba not relevant? She knew the risk and she took that gamble, in hopes that she can move into Eba's void. That is not a sound way to start a relationship and in Asuka's case, it backfired on her. You makes it sound like Haruto is suppose to the love of her life with this line "he has something to look forward to, while the one left behind have nothing" . No, Asuka is young and this is just another life experience for her.
night train is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.