AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 14:45   Link #1141
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

The thing with what happened this time is that you wouldn't expect it to happen at this point in time. Its very disappointing with all the great drama and comedy that was lost. But there are plenty of ways around it in the future, so yeah.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 15:16   Link #1142
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
but then
Spoiler for prediction:
Bokura ga Ita. Although its not shonen
Old 2009-08-21, 17:28   Link #1143
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The thing with what happened this time is that you wouldn't expect it to happen at this point in time. Its very disappointing with all the great drama and comedy that was lost. But there are plenty of ways around it in the future, so yeah.
Yeah I am dissapointed for much the same reasons of the lost drama, romance, fun, their time together, and how they dealt with others during that time skip
Old 2009-08-21, 18:07   Link #1144
ShootingStars

Hi guys I AM FINALLY BACK
had some bandwidth problems

about recent chapter... she is going to stay most likely... she was waiting for haruto to say that because imo i think she wants to affirm that he really likes her and is not some rebound i guess

i read the exact same situation in Salad Days manga

but i would be really happy with haruto living w/o EBA because I want to see other girl drama
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 18:39   Link #1145
H23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
Hi guys I AM FINALLY BACK
had some bandwidth problems

about recent chapter... she is going to stay most likely... she was waiting for haruto to say that because imo i think she wants to affirm that he really likes her and is not some rebound i guess

i read the exact same situation in Salad Days manga

but i would be really happy with haruto living w/o EBA because I want to see other girl drama

Nope! She's definitely leaving still... I'm pretty sure about that
Old 2009-08-21, 22:52   Link #1146
Justin Kim
*Artist

Leaving, but coming back for more later I think. I mean the passage of time kind of foreshadows what is to come. I don't think Eba will be swayed that easily unless Haruto properly confesses. The way he did so was a bit indirect, but at least he has grown kind of. I mean he did take action after his friend told him whether if things were really ok. But that also shows the indecisive side of him; he really needs others to provoke him in order to make any kind of decision whatsover.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:04   Link #1147
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Since he waited until the last moment there is no time to change the plans that are already set in motion. The moron.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:21   Link #1148
ShootingStars

Quote:
Since he waited until the last moment there is no time to change the plans that are already set in motion. The moron.
that is good, EBA is leaving and nanami is knitting
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 23:23   Link #1149
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I don't think Eba will be swayed that easily unless Haruto properly confesses. The way he did so was a bit indirect, but at least he has grown kind of. .
That was not indirect, maybe it is lost in the translation but what he said is actually MORE direct than telling some one that you like them. What he said is one step above "suki desu" and one step bellow "aishiteru". So he was actually being very serious about it. HE knows he had to be very serious about it because just saying that he like her will not be enough to keep her from leaving. What he said is very close to a marriage proposal.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 02:10   Link #1150
Dark Mage

@golthin, Wow that's awesome dude. Thanks for pointing that out. So Haruto was being that serious? We really are lucky to have you here in this forum. Anyways after what golthin said that if Haruto was being that serious and was still unable to sway Eba, I think no matter what Haruto says now, Eba won't be swayed from departing. So yeah Eba is definitely leaving

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-08-22 at 11:16.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 10:06   Link #1151
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Spoiler for Chapter 58:
Old 2009-08-22, 10:20   Link #1152
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Unreasonable timeskip, leaving out lots and lots of good potential dates/moments, why am i not suprised anymore after Cross Over and Suzuka?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 15:13   Link #1153
golthin

Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 58:
"suki desu" is "i like you" or a casual "I love you" and you hear it all the time among teenagers and new couples that just start dating. It is the most common line used when confessing. "Aishiteru" is the real Japanese version of the English "I love you" and has a deeper meaning, it is something that married couples will say or what you use when you propose.
What Haruto told Eba was that he wants her to stay with him, it is a way people use when asking a person to spend their lives together.
Old 2009-08-22, 15:46   Link #1154
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
"suki desu" is "i like you" or a casual "I love you" and you hear it all the time among teenagers and new couples that just start dating. It is the most common line used when confessing. "Aishiteru" is the real Japanese version of the English "I love you" and has a deeper meaning, it is something that married couples will say or what you use when you propose.
What Haruto told Eba was that he wants her to stay with him, it is a way people use when asking a person to spend their lives together.
I see.. got ya, got ya. Thanks for the clarification's.
Old 2009-08-22, 16:21   Link #1155
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I dunno, i still think it could happen, or at least something will come of this instead of her just saying no and leaving for Tokyo.

I do love that last page though. It's seriously about time he spoke his true thoughts instead of keeping them locked away. At this stage, he just has nothing to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Unreasonable timeskip, leaving out lots and lots of good potential dates/moments, why am i not suprised anymore after Cross Over and Suzuka?
At first i was a little pushed away by the fact that it's a time skip. I actually thought after the last chapter that we'd see a few chapters before the leave, though after finishing it i don't have any problems with it anymore. It worked out quite well, especially having the scene in the bedroom, followed by the last scene.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:06   Link #1156
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

sorry but i don't know what the fuss with the translation of the confession was about to begin with... "stay by my side... forever" is pretty obvious. I have no idea how some people could read it as another half-assed confession, this one was serious buisness.
Anyway, thanks to golthin for affirming it.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 04:27   Link #1157
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
sorry but i don't know what the fuss with the translation of the confession was about to begin with... "stay by my side... forever" is pretty obvious. I have no idea how some people could read it as another half-assed confession, this one was serious buisness.
Anyway, thanks to golthin for affirming it.
it is not about the wording, the translators did an excellent job. I think it is a thing of different cultures. What haruto said will be considered a very passionate confession for the japanese readers, like the manga said, he let her know his TRUE feelings.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:41   Link #1158
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol, but we don't know if Eba really still has that firm resolve to go back to Tokyo. I mean heck, after looking at the ice flowers, any girl would fall over her kneels to the guy that showed them. Haruto's got some smooth moves lol.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:43   Link #1159
H23

You guys got any suggestions for mangas that fall under this similar genre? I just finished reading I''S and I thought it was fairly entertaining; some funny stuff but it geared to be a little more serious in the later chapters
Old 2009-08-23, 23:03   Link #1160
justavisitor

Video girl AI--from the same author of I''s...great great stuff

DNA 2--from the same author of I''s...shorter, but it has DBZ fight style in it (and yes, it's a romance manga)

Ichigo 100%--tragedy in my eyes (got to run before someone chases me over )

Well and you must have read Suzuka..that's all the romance mangas I have read in my career (and a town where you live of course)

And hmm..To-love-ru?? highly entertaining but there's next to zero plot in it
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life