AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-08-23, 23:13   Link #1161
Dark Mage

I would say
Ichigo100% (very good ending in my opinion)
Suzuka
Love Hina
Open Sesame
Kimagure Orange Road ( artstyle is a bit old but the story is nteresting)
Maison Ikkoku
Video Girl Ai
Sweety (manhwa)
Unbalance x Unbalance (a very good manhwa)

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-08-23 at 23:37.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 23:19   Link #1162
justavisitor

well 2 more:

Lilim Kiss (from the author of ichigo 100%) shorter..and very touching
Shuffle Really? Really! (not the game, manga ) I don't know whether this one counts, but I like it because I am a huge fan of that heroine
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 23:22   Link #1163
Dark Mage

Wasn't Shuffle a harem ending? where he says that he loves the girl but she is happy to share him?
Old 2009-08-23, 23:25   Link #1164
ShootingStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I would say
Ichigo100% (very good ending in my opinion)
Suzuka
Love Hina
Open Sesame
Kimagure Orange Road ( artstyle is a bit old but the story is nteresting)
Maison Ikkoku
Video Girl Ai
Sweety (manhwa)
Unbalance x Unbalance (manhwa)
Kimagure was very stupid... I hated every moment of it. So much delay, the magic part of it was lame.
Love Hina... only like the Xmas part. After they meet the professor its like everything is fillers -_-.
Open Sesame is just average... oops got this mixed up with Living Game.
Video Game Ai was worse than I"s.
Suzuka... I LOVED it, ending was kinda rushed but great manga.
Ichigo 100%... really great manga, lots of development and funny xD, ending (great and WTF) shows that if you don't get what you really want, you WILL miss out :'(
Maison Ikkoku, funny and GREAT!
Lilim Kiss was touching, meaning good!
I hate manwha... just so out of style for me.

I forgot Tuxedo Gin... this is one diamond I love as well... but its not all scanlated (it stopped) but I will be buying all volumes soon!

Try: Parallel
Pastel
Pretty Face

Try Salad Days/Boys Be if you like it or not. It is a collection of short stories about guys in diff situations getting girls... most of them are amazing!
During this summer I reread Suzuka and Ichigo 100% since I loved it so much
Rereading Salad Days now
Am getting 16 vols of Boys Be off a guy because no one has scanlated it on net soon

In anime Shuffle had somewhat harem ending. There was 1 girl who ended up with him, but even so the other girls insisted on STILL liking him (WTF.... thats messed up right? lol)

If you have a PSP with CFW you can use pepviewer for 3.71 M33 (google), works on 5.00 m33-6 and lower; to read your manga... its awesome, it even has a music option for reading while listening to some BGM music so make it more like an anime xD I read all my manga on my bed this way
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 23:25   Link #1165
justavisitor

welcome to the franchise of Shuffle!!!

Shuffle has its anime
it also has 3 mangas, named Shuffle, Really? Really! and Tick! Tick!

Each material (including the anime) has different ending..you can freely choose the one that you like!!!

And in the anime, that "winner" does not exactly like sharing...I think
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-24, 09:50   Link #1166
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by H23 View Post
You guys got any suggestions for mangas that fall under this similar genre? I just finished reading I''S and I thought it was fairly entertaining; some funny stuff but it geared to be a little more serious in the later chapters
I loved I''s. I second most of the series already mentioned but more so with Pastel. Its ongoing and is great. Its not just about the guy getting that girl either, which is good since it has great characters. I also suggest Umi no Misaki, it too is ongoing and is really good.

Getting back on topic... how long would it take for Haruto to get to Tokyo if he wanted to? I don't really recall them mentioning an exact duration but maybe someone has a general idea.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 10:01   Link #1167
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Getting back on topic... how long would it take for Haruto to get to Tokyo if he wanted to? I don't really recall them mentioning an exact duration but maybe someone has a general idea.
well, he is going to enter his second year of high school. He could transfer there if he wanted. something like what Eba did. but if he is going to wait till he go to college, it will take two years. Eba was already invited by Haruto's family to come and visit anytime she wants.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 10:04   Link #1168
Dark Mage

I think Haruto has a year left to garduate from Highschool. So if he did indeed wants to follow Eba to Tokyo, he has to wait atleast for a year.

Oh you can try reading "Ai Yori Aoshi" its another good manga
Old 2009-08-24, 10:19   Link #1169
golthin

Quote:
I think Haruto has a year left to garduate from Highschool. So if he did indeed wants to follow Eba to Tokyo, he has to wait atleast for a year.

Oh you can try reading "Ai Yori Aoshi" its another good manga
are you sure? i thought this was Haruto's and Eba's first year of high school, maybe I am wrong.
I thought he was excited about his high school life in the first chapters. does anyone call him senpai? Everything that has happened in that manga was within the span of one year. I am going to check the first volume again.

Edit:
yes, this was their first year of highschool, in the first chapter page 36 it is stated that Eba is 15 years old , thus in her first year of highschool. Also in the last page Haruto said "At that time, I was wondering how I will get along with this girl for 3 years"

Last edited by golthin; 2009-08-24 at 10:30.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:23   Link #1170
justavisitor

I thought they are first year also, so right now they should start their second year (japanese schools start in April I believe ?)
Old 2009-08-24, 10:28   Link #1171
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I thought they are first year also, so right now they should start their second year (japanese schools start in April I believe ?)
Correct.

But, and I apologize for my vague phrasing, I meant travel time. If he wanted to go to Tokyo to see a person or do something.

I also want to suggest Mysterious Girlfriend X, it may sound a little weird and be a little weird, but its a really sweet story with some good comedy thrown in.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:39   Link #1172
Dark Mage

OOps, I apologise for getting it wrong. I thought they were already finished with their first year and were in their second year. Thanks for telling me that
Old 2009-08-24, 10:39   Link #1173
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Correct.

But, and I apologize for my vague phrasing, I meant travel time. If he wanted to go to Tokyo to see a person or do something.
You can go and come back within a day and make it back before nightfall if you leave in the morning so i would say 6 hours one way travelling first by bus and then taking a train. The time Haruto took Eba home he was planning to return the same day but he decided to stay overnight because of Eba's problem.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:40   Link #1174
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
You can go and come back within a day and make it back before nightfall if you leave in the morning so i would say 6 hours one way travelling first by bus and then taking a train. The time Haruto took Eba home he was planning to return the same day but he decided to stay overnight because of Eba's problem.
Okay, thanks. That would mean if he wanted to visit it would be a weekend deal probably. I'd do it, sitting on a train is easy, lol.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:43   Link #1175
Dark Mage

@golthin, this is off topic, but if it isn't too much of a bother, could you please tell me the meaning of these words --- "Kimi no Kimochi, Oshiete Hoshii"... ?
Old 2009-08-24, 10:48   Link #1176
golthin

Quote:
@golthin, this is off topic, but if it isn't too much of a bother, could you please tell me the meaning of these words --- "Kimi no Kimochi, Oshiete Hoshii"... ?
"I want you to tell me, how you feel about me". I rephrased it so it make sense. verbatim is "Your feelings tell me want"
Old 2009-08-24, 10:53   Link #1177
Dark Mage

oh thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it.
Old 2009-08-24, 11:48   Link #1178
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch59:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 14:38   Link #1179
Freeter
i see baka people

Spoiler for 59:

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 15:08   Link #1180
Dark Mage

I really want to know, what they were talking about and Eba better have some good reasons for hurting Haruto like that. Seriuosly, all the girls need to give the kid a break

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life