AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-14, 14:13   Link #141
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Spoiler for 15:
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:38   Link #142
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Spoiler for Chapter 15:
__________________

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 21:37   Link #143
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Chapter 15 = way too early

Spoiler for C 15:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 01:18   Link #144
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I'm willing to bet that Kanzaki is going to avoid Hakuto for awhile, then eventually goes back and confesses to him. Then when they start dating, Yuzuki starts to distance herself from Hakuto, but when that happens, he starts to feel that theres something missing in his life.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 05:40   Link #145
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
Chapter 15 = way too early
How can you say it's way too early when we're not even sure on how many chapters this series will be in total? & i'm gonna say because of all the recent story plots that it's not going to be no way near as long as Suzuka.

Spoiler for Chapter 15:
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 05:41   Link #146
oDin01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Timing is everything. Hakuto just doesn't understand that nor does any of Seo's male leads.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 06:50   Link #147
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
How can you say it's way too early when we're not even sure on how many chapters this series will be in total? & i'm gonna say because of all the recent story plots that it's not going to be no way near as long as Suzuka.

Spoiler for Chapter 15:
I'm basing my statement on the premise that I assume it will be a medium length series ( -100 chapters ). Its quite alright for Haruto to release his hormones once in a while but the confession really came to me as a surprise. Its also somewhat of a bad timing since

Spoiler for C 15:


Suzuka also had this kind of fast development in the early going but somehow Seo managed to put some plot curves here and there and managed to prolong the series.

Spoiler for Suzuka shizznits:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:30   Link #148
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm willing to bet that Kanzaki is going to avoid Hakuto for awhile, then eventually goes back and confesses to him. Then when they start dating, Yuzuki starts to distance herself from Hakuto, but when that happens, he starts to feel that theres something missing in his life.
Yes i'm going with this one as well, not because i definitely see this happening but want it to . Well actually i don't care how it's going to be as long as he ends up with Eba. Kanzaki is a nice cute girl character alright but those often turn out to be shallow and 1-dimensional (along a cliched inferiority complex as seen in recent chapter) to an extent that they can get really boring (for me). I know Eba's kind of character is nothing new and overused as well nowadays but up to the point of recent plot developments she was the only reason to follow this series.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 08:58   Link #149
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
The reason this isnt going to be as long as Suzuka is because it doesnt have any sports stuff attached to it like in Seo's other works, although I wish it would be a 100+ series. At this point I want Eba to be his girlfriend instead of Nanami as she is too shallow
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 09:05   Link #150
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
Suzuka also had this kind of fast development in the early going but somehow Seo managed to put some plot curves here and there and managed to prolong the series.
Not nearly as many as this series in it's early stages, i mean the last 4/5 changes have been moving the plot all over the place.

I'd love for it to be 100+ chapters, though i really can't see it being at this point.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 10:14   Link #151
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm willing to bet that Kanzaki is going to avoid Hakuto for awhile, then eventually goes back and confesses to him. Then when they start dating, Yuzuki starts to distance herself from Hakuto, but when that happens, he starts to feel that theres something missing in his life.
thats most likely goning to happen. it'll probably be a rollercoater when it starts rolling. though yuzuki could go for the brother.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 16:16   Link #152
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I'd kill myself if it was 100+ chapters... being long for the sake of being long is retarded... pacing is the most important aspect of story telling, if it gets dragged out and redundant people will start to lose interest.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 17:20   Link #153
Jarppa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'd kill myself if it was 100+ chapters... being long for the sake of being long is retarded... pacing is the most important aspect of story telling, if it gets dragged out and redundant people will start to lose interest.
Yes, but its kouji seo and his fantastic art. I dont care how long this is gonna be. I just read and like it.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 17:23   Link #154
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
If the pacing and story allows for 100+ chapters than so be it. But, if its noticeable that its being intentionally long by dragging out something ( like .hack//signs where they spend 5 episodes talking about the same nothing with no progress, and eventually get back to talking about the same thing with no progress somewhere down the line ) then it'll be terrible. Like I said, pacing.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 17:51   Link #155
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm just hoping Nanami does herself a favor and rejects Haruto...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 18:34   Link #156
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'd kill myself if it was 100+ chapters... being long for the sake of being long is retarded... pacing is the most important aspect of story telling, if it gets dragged out and redundant people will start to lose interest.
same here id like it to hit ch50-60 and that would be sufficient, if not a bit dragged out.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 08:06   Link #157
HmR.kS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Lol, God, I haven't even finished Suzuka. I'm way too far behind~~

But Seo really likes to come up with romance manga doesn't he? :O
__________________
More manga reviews @ ChapterDesu.com !
HmR.kS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 08:36   Link #158
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Suzuka actually pissed me off... the author did Honoka so dirty... it made me wanna cry ;_;
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 12:28   Link #159
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Yeah Honoka was a far better girl than Suzuka and loved the guy a lot more so I am hoping in Kimi no Iru Machi, the Honoka-look-alike -Eba wins the battle and defeats Suzuka-look-alike-Nanami
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 12:58   Link #160
Freeter
i see baka people
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Yeah Honoka was a far better girl than Suzuka and loved the guy a lot more so I am hoping in Kimi no Iru Machi, the Honoka-look-alike -Eba wins the battle and defeats Suzuka-look-alike-Nanami
Honoka, Yui, and Miki were FAR better choices than the ice queen. Suzuka just had the unfortunate advantage of having the series named after her

If Eba gets shafted I will never read another Seo work again.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: JoJo, Barakamon, P4G, YnS, AoHaru, Sabagebu, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO2, Glasslip, Ilya
Next: Shinmai Maou, NNB s2

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.