AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-12-22, 10:47   Link #1801
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Are people honestly believing what RIN says?
Old 2009-12-22, 10:58   Link #1802
H23

I hope she's not lying though... hahah
Old 2009-12-22, 11:08   Link #1803
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

I know I say I'd edit my post, but no sense in doing it now...

So, this was a great chapter...
Spoiler for Chapter 73:
I'm totally going to read this chapter over a few times until the next one comes out. I might go back even more since its going to be longer than usual and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Definitely have to take what she says with a grain of salt.

I don't think she would say that hurt her sister though (not anymore at least), mainly Nanami & Haruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H23 View Post
I hope she's not lying though... hahah
Me too. Let's break the mold here (not that there is a big one). I want to say it'd be more realistic for Haruto to not end up with the first girl but that may be the wrong way of saying it.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 12:00   Link #1804
velvet nightmare

prediction:

they start going out, then eba comes back without ever having a boyfriend and drama explodes in everyone's face. there's just no way eba's going to be cut out of the story just like that.
Old 2009-12-22, 12:02   Link #1805
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
All this development is just to spice up the story, eventually leading to the predictable ending.
Old 2009-12-22, 12:14   Link #1806
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
prediction:

they start going out, then eba comes back without ever having a boyfriend and drama explodes in everyone's face. there's just no way eba's going to be cut out of the story just like that.
yeah that's pretty much how i see it coming... but overall i like the idea of this "rumor" , makes the situation more dramatic and the "transition" from Eba to Nanami a little smoother and believable because this way Haruto getting with Nanami is more justified (at least from his point of knowledge, it's somehow clear Eba wouldn't do something as unfair as that)

There's just one thing i can't figure out... what part does Rin play here? Why did she want to talk to Nanami probably knowing what it would lead to? What's the ulterior motive behind her actions? She's playing the missing link of communication but is somewhat unreliable, is she jsut messing around or is she looking for something more? I don't believe she's that much of a sadistic bitch that likes to see the others suffer.

Last edited by Waven; 2009-12-22 at 12:35.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 12:49   Link #1807
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
prediction:

Oh, she is definitely coming back. But even if she does have a new boyfriend, so long as she got one after dumping Haruto I'll be able to forgive her (just a little annoyed she got one so quick).

Quote:
All this development is just to spice up the story, eventually leading to the predictable ending.
HEY! You never know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
There's just one thing i can't figure out... what part does Rin play here? Why did she want to talk to Nanami probably knowing what it would lead to? What's the ulterior motive behind her actions? She's playing the missing link of communication but is somewhat unreliable, is she jsut messing around or is she looking for something more? I don't believe she's that much of a sadistic bitch that likes to see the others suffer.
A little ex machina? I say she just wants to "play" with Nanami & Haruto. I hope that what she said isn't a total lie. Maybe Yuzuki really is talking about a guy, just not in a romantic context and Rin twists it around.
Old 2009-12-22, 12:54   Link #1808
scrumly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
A little ex machina? I say she just wants to "play" with Nanami & Haruto. I hope that what she said isn't a total lie. Maybe Yuzuki really is talking about a guy, just not in a romantic context and Rin twists it around.
I don't recall her outright lying the past(I may be wrong here). I think she much rather prefers twisting the truth or just telling the most damaging truths to get what she wants, which is also unclear at this point.
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 13:56   Link #1809
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't believe what Rin said, though i think there's more to it. Maybe something along the lines of Eba wanting Haruto to move on, so she asked Rin to say such a lie to the person he used to love. It works out rather well like that, and would mean more impact for when Eba eventually appears later on.

The last half of this chapter was truly something else though. The whole talk regarding the seat on the bike blew me away, especially with the very detailed work that went into the pages surrounding that part of the chapter. Not to mention the last chapter, where i pretty much fell of my seat. Wow i didn't see this coming, and i love where this title is going.
Old 2009-12-22, 13:58   Link #1810
Arturro

Quote:
Oh, she is definitely coming back. But even if she does have a new boyfriend, so long as she got one after dumping Haruto I'll be able to forgive her (just a little annoyed she got one so quick).
IMHO she found a new boyfriend before trip to Tokyo. Rin wanted so show something - I think that was some kind of proof of Eba cheating.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 13:59   Link #1811
velvet nightmare

but it brings up the question of motive, i mean the first time around she got what she wanted and screwed his relationship with nanami, but what point is there now? since eba cut him off he has no connection to any of her family members whatsoever. this leads me to think that eba probably is still attached to him somehow and rin wants to give the coup de grace.
Old 2009-12-22, 14:04   Link #1812
typhonsentra

Quote:
Pretty much this.

It's pretty obvious how this'll play out. I also expect a lame reason for why she hasn't called too that the main character will accept at face value. This is the guy that brought us Suzuka after all.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 15:45   Link #1813
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't believe what Rin said, though i think there's more to it. Maybe something along the lines of Eba wanting Haruto to move on, so she asked Rin to say such a lie to the person he used to love. It works out rather well like that, and would mean more impact for when Eba eventually appears later on.
Hmph...I never thought of that one. Wow, that is believable and well within Yuzuki's character.

Quote:
The last half of this chapter was truly something else though. The whole talk regarding the seat on the bike blew me away, especially with the very detailed work that went into the pages surrounding that part of the chapter. Not to mention the last chapter, where i pretty much fell of my seat. Wow i didn't see this coming, and i love where this title is going.
Amazing, right? Having Yuzuki's hair flow on one page and then have her sitting on the bike, awesome.

Did it remind you of White Album too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
IMHO she found a new boyfriend before trip to Tokyo. Rin wanted so show something - I think that was some kind of proof of Eba cheating.
That hurts. I would be really surprised if Yuzuki would do that. It goes against everything we've learned about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Pretty much this.

It's pretty obvious how this'll play out. I also expect a lame reason for why she hasn't called too that the main character will accept at face value. This is the guy that brought us Suzuka after all.
I'll try not to expect too much, but you've got to want the reason to be something good and all.

And KnIM is a big step up from Suzuka, you have to admit that.
Old 2009-12-22, 17:28   Link #1814
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Hmph...I never thought of that one. Wow, that is believable and well within Yuzuki's character.
It's why i thought it. I tried to think of something only she would do, because we've learnt a lot about her since the beginning of this story. Especially the way she works in situations like this.

Quote:
Did it remind you of White Album too?
Indeed it did, along with a few other titles.
Old 2009-12-22, 17:55   Link #1815
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
It's why i thought it. I tried to think of something only she would do, because we've learnt a lot about her since the beginning of this story. Especially the way she works in situations like this.
Is that how you thought of it?

It is definitely something a selfless person would do. I actually like it a lot and should Yuzuki return (obviously she will) it'll help Haruto and her get back together, should that happen (I don't want it to!).

Quote:
Indeed it did, along with a few other titles.
What else? I know its a common thing and I'm sure I've seen it else where, but I can't think of any others.
Old 2009-12-22, 19:39   Link #1816
cyberdemon

Quote:
or here's another idea. instead of telling Rin to lie she told her family a lie to make them not worry about her to much since she was much the same as Haruto. Maybe she just didn't think that the lie would make it back to Haruto
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 19:50   Link #1817
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
or here's another idea. instead of telling Rin to lie she told her family a lie to make them not worry about her to much since she was much the same as Haruto. Maybe she just didn't think that the lie would make it back to Haruto
she told her family she had a boyfriend so they wouldn't worry about her?? what?

in any case, if she does have a new boyfriend, she wouldn't return under any situation:
i) she returns with her boyfriend - ok now what, she'd be shunned by all the friends she met for cutting off haruto
ii) she returns after her relationship goes sour - ok so she would essentially be returning for sympathy or shelter from the crap that she herself created. there might be possible drama in the love triangle but all the cards would fall into haruto's hand and at this point he should be experienced enough to make the right decision unlike the first time
iii) it was all made up for some reason yet to be explained - most likely to happen and some drama of some kind is bound to turn up

but for now, we will enjoy some nanami + haruto time we didn't get to see the first time.
Old 2009-12-22, 19:54   Link #1818
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
she told her family she had a boyfriend so they wouldn't worry about her?? what?

in any case, if she does have a new boyfriend, she wouldn't return under any situation:
i) she returns with her boyfriend - ok now what, she'd be shunned by all the friends she met for cutting off haruto
ii) she returns after her relationship goes sour - ok so she would essentially be returning for sympathy or shelter from the crap that she herself created. there might be possible drama in the love triangle but all the cards would fall into haruto's hand and at this point he should be experienced enough to make the right decision unlike the first time
iii) it was all made up for some reason yet to be explained - most likely to happen and some drama of some kind is bound to turn up

but for now, we will enjoy some nanami + haruto time we didn't get to see the first time.
Choice two sounds good only if Yuzuki doesn't win. Let her come back and fail and go away forever.

Alas...this all depends on why she dumped the guy and the truth behind what Rin wanted to show Haruto and what she told Nanami.
Old 2009-12-22, 20:09   Link #1819
Dark Mage

You guys have to remember, Rin only uses the smoke from a fire to blow in the direction she wants, i.e she doesnt create the fire. I mean, Rin never actually lies straight out, she only uses the truth to her own advantage or tastes, i.e she manipulates. So, I truly do think Eba has got a new guy, whether or not if the guy is her boyfriend is another question, or why Eba is hanging around with the guy should be the question.

But one thing's for sure, its now clear that Eba hasnt been grounded or been restricted or pressured by her family, if she wanted she could still contact Haruto. And this for me atleast, makes Eba a "horrible person" based on present evidences and Eba's actions, because Haruto atleast deserved a clean break-off by Eba telling him that by meeting him and not hiding herself from him, very rude, if you ask me. But my opinions may change on further evidence or as the situation becomes clearer but for now, from what we've seen Eba doesnt come out in a good light.

BTW, I loved Nanami in this chapter, she continues to impress me with her love and dedication to Haruto, loved the bicycle bit alot, although I am pretty sure Nanami is going to get rejected in the next chapter and get her heart-broken by the stupid Haruto. And lastly, I am still an Eba fan, but I like Nanami almost equally now, and although, I still havent thrown any rotten tomatoes at Eba, I am close to doing it unless she makes an appearence and stands up for herself and gives a proper explanation of her actions

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-12-22 at 22:07.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 20:35   Link #1820
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

I'm of the opinion that we just had an incident of misinformation with Haruto (and Nanami), so now it's Eba's turn (with the mystery dude). Didn't she say she liked him practically on page one, or something? (It was really really early in the story.) And then she stuck around for so long - I doubt she'd just start dating some other guy without making it clear that she and Haruto are done, unless there's some crazy circumstances surrounding it. Which wouldn't be a surprise at all, the way this story has gone.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, shounen, slice of life