AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-31, 02:14   Link #1901
VHC
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Haruto is free to do whatver he wants or go out with whoever because to people who say, that he hasnt officially broken up with Eba, exactly whose fault is that? Dont dump the blame on Haruto, he has tried his best to contact Eba, even went to Tokyo to meet with her but she refused to meet him and hasnt contacted him at all for a month, but has no problems going to school, going out with friends and get close to another guy(whether or not if he is her BF is another matter). So they have broken up, but I know that Haruto will still turn down Nanami
Going to Tokyo just 1 time to meet Eba is what you call 'has tried his best'? No thanks. I don't know teh exact number of times Haruto has to go to Tokyo for him to be regarded as having tried his best, but it can't be only 1 friggin time.

Of course Haruto has reasons to uniterally break up w/ Eba right away but those reasons are really weak since when he went to Tokyo the person who told him that Eba didn't wanna meet him was Rin, the person who told his friends in the town that Eba'd SEEMINGLY got a new bf/close male friend was, again, only Rin. Knowing very well that Rin has a twisted personality and used to (may still) hate Eba to the bone, if Haruto gives up on Eba w/o talking directly to her, no matter over the phone or face to face, it will make him a shaky insensible bf. Some ppl may think that sort of bf is ok, but there're also ppl, me for example, who hate that kind of guy a lot, esp. when lead guys of a romantic mangas fall into that category.
VHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 02:22   Link #1902
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
It's not like he can afford to go over there every weekend. She is avoiding him without stating any reason. It has gone beyond what could possibly be a "loyalty test". And if he goes there again and again or camps outside her place or forces his way into her home to confront her, he'd be a stalker or a criminal. It's perhaps too early for him to decide that it's over and turn to someone else, but getting picked up on the rebound is not that unusual. Of course, in this case it's probably only a "loldrama" act by the mangaka, which kind of cheapens the story, but I'll reserve final judgment until we hear Eba's side of the story.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 02:50   Link #1903
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage
Haruto is free to do whatver he wants or go out with whoever because to people who say, that he hasnt officially broken up with Eba, exactly whose fault is that? Dont dump the blame on Haruto, he has tried his best to contact Eba, even went to Tokyo to meet with her but she refused to meet him and hasnt contacted him at all for a month, but has no problems going to school, going out with friends and get close to another guy(whether or not if he is her BF is another matter).
So Eba "refusing" to meet Haruto was Eba's fault?

Does Haruto know for sure that Eba "has no problems going to school, going out with friends and get close to another guy?"

Would you immediately cheat with another woman when you only SUSPECTED your girlfriend were cheating on you, despite hadn't even talked to her?

Even he's sure it's Eba's fault, as a man Haruto should make everything clear before starting a new relationship. That's called being responsible. And not responsible for Eba, but for his new girlfriend, aka Kanzaki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer
It's not like he can afford to go over there every weekend
He went only once, on a school trip. Going there for a second time certainly isn't hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer
She is avoiding him without stating any reason.
He doesn't even know the reason he cant contact her. Doesn't even look like he tried to contact Rin to ask her what's going on either. Kinda dumb if you ask me (if he doesn't know Rin's contact, it's even more dumb). In fact, he should be worry whether anything has happened to Eba, rather than fretting over being dumped or not.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 04:22   Link #1904
scrumly1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: BFE, Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard

He went only once, on a school trip. Going there for a second time certainly isn't hard.
It specifically states he went a second time and was refused even though we are not shone this. Hiroshima to Tokyo is about 27,000 yen one way(Just looked it up). I don't many 17 year old kids that can afford that much multiple times in a month.

Last edited by scrumly1; 2009-12-31 at 04:23. Reason: fix html, proper citation
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 05:48   Link #1905
Dark Mage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by VHC View Post
Going to Tokyo just 1 time to meet Eba is what you call 'has tried his best'? No thanks. I don't know teh exact number of times Haruto has to go to Tokyo for him to be regarded as having tried his best, but it can't be only 1 friggin time.
e, if Haruto gives up on Eba w/o talking directly to her, no matter over the phone or face to face, it will make him a shaky insensible bf. Some ppl may think that sort of bf is ok, but there're also ppl, me for example, who hate that kind of guy a lot, esp. when lead guys of a romantic mangas fall into that category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
So Eba "refusing" to meet Haruto was Eba's fault?

Does Haruto know for sure that Eba "has no problems going to school, going out with friends and get close to another guy?"
despite hadn't even talked to her?

.
So how is he supposed to talk to Eba when she refuses to talk to him? How is he supposed to find out the reasons behind her actions when his girlfriend refuses to show up infront of him? Its not like Tokyo is a house next door, it takes a 10 freaking hrs to reach from Haruto's place to Tokyo. How is he supposed to find out what Eba's upto when the person herself refuses to give him any info? Thus he is forced to believe in hearsay, He could become a delinquent, ditch classes and become a stalker though. How is Haruto supposed to break-it off cleanly when he still wants to be in a relationship with Eba but she doesnt even have the decency to break-up with him face-to-face? I personally believe that Rin never lies,she manipulates the truth and exxagerates it so, I think Eba is continuing to live her daily life without any hitches and it wouldnt be too much trouble to send Haruto an e-mail from one of the school computers if she cared enough. Is Haruto supposed to live like a hermit in seclusion until Eba kindly decides to come back and tell him why she acted the way she did? Or he can turn into a stalker or violently force his way into Eba's house?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-12-31 at 07:44.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 07:25   Link #1906
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
For the people who think it'd be cheating if Haruto went for Nanami for the moment - note that i'm rooting for Eba when it comes to the end-girl question but in this particular situation: How many times do you think he has to try to see Eba when it's clear that she broke up contact on purpose? Now I'm pretty sure she has a good reason to do so (and also for keeping it a secret from everyone) but at this moment her actions are clearly stating that she has broken up with him.
That doesn't mean she really has a new bf at all but I think she used Rin to convey a message to Haruto so that he can move on with his life, this very message was for Haruto's sake because we know Eba is that considerate and would sacrifice her own happiness for him as she did before.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 08:30   Link #1907
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Also, people keep saying Nanami did a 180 personality change, after the Tokyo trip, but I dont really think so, she has always been like this around Haruto, nervous, shy, wanting to have fun with him,concerned about him and never confident around him, the only time she even continued to be the same nervous wreck around Haruto even after she rejected him at the festival due to Eba's antics, the only time Nanami acted unlike herself and out of character was, when she slapped Haruto because she started acting aloof and cold after that, however, like I said before in my posts, it was an emotional self-defense mechanism to keep her emotions from him. otherwise Nanami has always been Nanami, I mean check these out ---
Spoiler for Remainder of Post:
Yes! +1 +1 +1 This is some nice proof of how good an author Seo is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
For the people who think it'd be cheating if Haruto went for Nanami for the moment - note that i'm rooting for Eba when it comes to the end-girl question but in this particular situation: How many times do you think he has to try to see Eba when it's clear that she broke up contact on purpose? Now I'm pretty sure she has a good reason to do so (and also for keeping it a secret from everyone) but at this moment her actions are clearly stating that she has broken up with him.
That doesn't mean she really has a new bf at all but I think she used Rin to convey a message to Haruto so that he can move on with his life, this very message was for Haruto's sake because we know Eba is that considerate and would sacrifice her own happiness for him as she did before.
I really hope Yuzuki isn't sick like some people have hypothesized. That would change the story completely and it just wouldn't work. I do hope that it's a good and justifiable reason, well as justifiable as you can get from a girl like Yuzuki.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 09:12   Link #1908
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I don't see a problem with Haruto's conduct in this matter. Strictly speaking, he could have pursued a relationship with Nanami at any point in time, so long as he informed Yuzuki first. Given that the lines of communication are presently cut, then his responsibility would be to tell Yuzuki as soon as it was feasible to do so (if he decided to pursue a different relationship).

The question of whether he should wait isn't a moral or ethical one, but more a matter of how much effort Haruto wants to put into the relationship. Simply put, if Haruto still has hope that he can work things out, then he'll wait for Yuzuki. If he doesn't, then he'll get over her. Granted, I'm not suggesting that he ought to use Nanami as a rebound girl, but that's a different issue altogether.

While I don't see a flaw in Nanami's conduct, either, the situation makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. For one, it's difficult to gauge how much of Nanami's actions were initiated out of regard for Haruto and how much were precipitated out of fear of the "girl sitting on the back of his bike".

Her timing leaves something to be desired as well. Although the break in communication occured just after Haruto and Yuzuki appeared to reconcile, I can't tell whether the communication break has some lingering link to the incident during the class trip or not. This wouldn't be a problem if Nanami wasn't (unintentionally) embroiled in their conflict at the time, but she was. As such, I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with her seizing the present opportunity, even though I see nothing wrong with her doing so.

This is more of a gut reaction than anything else, though.
__________________
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 11:24   Link #1909
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Why are some getting so heated over this? especially when we don't know anything on Eba's side of things.

Anyway, when did Haruto went to Tokyo? He hasn't went there since the school trip O_o... unless I completely overlooked something.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 11:36   Link #1910
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Why are some getting so heated over this? especially when we don't know anything on Eba's side of things.

Anyway, when did Haruto went to Tokyo? He hasn't went there since the school trip O_o... unless I completely overlooked something.
It was mentioned, but it was way too subtle - the first two bubbles. And on the following page Haruto says he spoke to Rin, which was when he went back to Tokyo after the trip.

Last edited by Solace; 2010-01-06 at 02:20. Reason: Don't link to licensed content.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 11:41   Link #1911
VHC
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
So how is he supposed to talk to Eba when she refuses to talk to him? How is he supposed to find out the reasons behind her actions when his girlfriend refuses to show up infront of him? Its not like Tokyo is a house next door, it takes a 10 freaking hrs to reach from Haruto's place to Tokyo. How is he supposed to find out what Eba's upto when the person herself refuses to give him any info? Thus he is forced to believe in hearsay, He could become a delinquent, ditch classes and become a stalker though. How is Haruto supposed to break-it off cleanly when he still wants to be in a relationship with Eba but she doesnt even have the decency to break-up with him face-to-face? I personally believe that Rin never lies,she manipulates the truth and exxagerates it so, I think Eba is continuing to live her daily life without any hitches and it wouldnt be too much trouble to send Haruto an e-mail from one of the school computers if she cared enough. Is Haruto supposed to live like a hermit in seclusion until Eba kindly decides to come back and tell him why she acted the way she did? Or he can turn into a stalker or violently force his way into Eba's house?
So you still maintain that Haruto has tried his best, for he went back to Tokyo only 1 time to meet Eba? And the ppl who’ll hate him IF he breaks up w/ Eba w/o talking to her aren’t justifiable?

I beg to disagree.

If Haruto is a good bf what he should do is taking the bus to Tokyo one more time or two on the weekend and wait for Eba near her house, if Eba is fine or dating a new guy it’s very unlikely that she’ll stay in the house for the whole day, if she actually doesn’t walk out of the house even for a second then there must be something wrong w/ her health, and Haruto will need to talk to Eba’s parents to know the truth. Even if he can’t make it on the weekend, skipping a school day is not that big of a deal considering he’s dealing w/ an important matter involving the girl he loves. And there’s no way in hell these actions will turn him into a stalker or something b/c they are legal, bonafide and unsystematic. It may take some time to save money for the bus ticket (approx. 7,000 yen one-way), in the meantime, the least he should do is calling Rin AND the eldest brother to ask about Eba, cross-checking is necessary here.

“Forced to believe in the hearsay”? No thanks, Sir. There’s no one other than Rin who has spread the rumors about Eba, and there’re quite a few things Haruto can do yet hasn’t done to know the truth, so I’d say he can choose, of his own free will, to believe in what Rin said and give up on Eba to go for Kanzaki right away. Since it’s possibly Eba who’s trying to avoid him in the first place no one will be able to blame him for cheating, but he’ll fail to be a good bf if he actually does so. What I mean is, Haruto already knows that Rin likes to mess up other ppl’s affairs and Eba has a tendency to take care of troubles on her own so IF he buys Rin’s words to break up w/ Eba that’ll mean he doesn’t have much faith in her and is not sensible. He should try to identify Eba’s problems even when she wanna hide them. Of course, strictly speaking, guys who quickly quit upon bumping into a lil hardship is not blamable, some, you for example, may even love them, but people have every right to hate them for being shaky.
VHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 11:53   Link #1912
VHC
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumly1 View Post
It specifically states he went a second time and was refused even though we are not shone this. Hiroshima to Tokyo is about 27,000 yen one way(Just looked it up). I don't many 17 year old kids that can afford that much multiple times in a month.
If you go by the bus it's much cheaper, only ~ 7,000 yen one-way.
VHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 13:22   Link #1913
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
So it's about 36,700 for Shinkansen, 29,600 for the limited express (hyperdia calc), and 14,000 for a bus (let's assume he wants to get back home after going there). Still a lot of money for a highschool kid. His family did not look particularly rich iirc. He'll have to see about getting part-time work at that restaurant again... ^_^;;; Eba is turning into a pretty high-maintenance girl.

Quote:
one more time or two on the weekend and wait for Eba near her house...And there’s no way in hell these actions will turn him into a stalker or something b/c they are legal, bonafide and unsystematic.
Actually isn't that pretty much what stalking is? It's a bit complicated since he's stalking his own girlfriend, but it sounds quite fishy to me. I guess the problem is where to draw the line WRT how much he should do. IMHO he's done enough but I understand that's pretty subjective.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 13:54   Link #1914
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
It's probably been said already, and if not why not, but my god chapter 74 is classic Seo Kouji.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 17:48   Link #1915
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage
So how is he supposed to talk to Eba when she refuses to talk to him? How is he supposed to find out the reasons behind her actions when his girlfriend refuses to show up infront of him?
I don't blame Haruto for not knowing the reason. I'm not against Haruto "dumping" Eba and go for Kanzaki either. Still, if he hasn't made the situation clear with Eba yet, he should not answer yes to another girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage
Is Haruto supposed to live like a hermit in seclusion until Eba kindly decides to come back and tell him why she acted the way she did? Or he can turn into a stalker or violently force his way into Eba's house?
Why must he turn into a stalker to be able to meet Eba? He can meet with her parents, or Rin. He can ask Rin for help to meet Eba. At worst, he can even break up with her not face to face. But he MUST clearly inform Eba somehow of the breakup first, before giving an Yes to Kanzaki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven
she broke up contact on purpose? Now I'm pretty sure she has a good reason to do so (and also for keeping it a secret from everyone) but at this moment her actions are clearly stating that she has broken up with him.
That doesn't mean she really has a new bf at all but I think she used Rin to convey a message to Haruto so that he can move on with his life, this very message was for Haruto's sake because we know Eba is that considerate and would sacrifice her own happiness for him as she did before.
All guesses. Haruto clearly cannot confirm anything about all this. Even we readers can't. All we knows are gossip from Rin.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2010-01-01 at 03:59.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 19:38   Link #1916
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
First I would like to say to anyone suggesting that Rin has been, could be or ever was in any way helpful, you need to go back and see what a rotten little B**** she is. As for Haruto and Eba I expect them to mess this up. It is what high schoolers excell at.
__________________
Proud memeber of the Ying Mu Jun Tuan
Mykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 20:11   Link #1917
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Why haven't anyone mentioned Eba's Brother? At least we know he won't dick around the way Rin does.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 23:47   Link #1918
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Why haven't anyone mentioned Eba's Brother? At least we know he won't dick around the way Rin does.
Why should we care about him??
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 00:14   Link #1919
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Why should we care about him??
we're more likely to get truth out of him than Rin
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 19:38   Link #1920
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Why should we care about him??
uh... This???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
we're more likely to get truth out of him than Rin
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, netorare, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.