AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shuffle!

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-14, 11:10   Link #121
DJLowrider
Ahou ga
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 37
10/14 Official Essence+ site update:

Sample CGs for Sakura and Ruri added, additional voice sample for Mayumi added.

Also, the site is now counting down to the game release. As of this post we're 16 days away. I know I'm looking forward to it.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 04:25   Link #122
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
15 days now.

Could someone point out where the countdown is on the site? I seem to have contracted temporary selective blindness, as I can't find it.
__________________
チーズケーキ!
"Sanity is precious. Use it sparingly."
Twitter|Tumblr|Last.fm
BlueGenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 19:41   Link #123
DJLowrider
Ahou ga
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 37
Countdown is on the front page of Navel's website:

http://www.project-navel.com/navel/

Looks like they're cycling through characters on the counter as time goes by. Yesterday was Nadeshiko. Today is Nerine. Ah Nerine, my #2 girl from the original game. ^_^
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 05:05   Link #124
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Countdown is on the front page of Navel's website
Ah, there it is!

Their flash app could use some caching though. Nerine's voice kept stuttering while my browser was pulling down the sound. Also kinda weird how they update the current time to the millisecond but not the countdown. What gives, Navel web devs? </geek>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Yesterday was Nadeshiko.
I'm sad I missed Nadeshiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Ah Nerine, my #2 girl from the original game. ^_^
Nerine was your #2? I've got a pettanko thing, but Nerine is quite cute. Probably not in my top 5 though.

Just realised again how many characters there are in this game.
__________________
チーズケーキ!
"Sanity is precious. Use it sparingly."
Twitter|Tumblr|Last.fm
BlueGenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 09:44   Link #125
DJLowrider
Ahou ga
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
Nerine was your #2? I've got a pettanko thing, but Nerine is quite cute. Probably not in my top 5 though.
For the original game my order of preference went:

Asa -> Nerine -> Primula -> Kaede -> Lisianthus

I enjoyed Primula's route far more than Kaede or Sia's. It was actually the most entertaining of all the routes, but Primula herself simply doesn't appeal to me. I much prefer my heroines to be on the well-endowed side of things. Asa edges Nerine out for me on pure personality and strength of character.

Quote:
Just realised again how many characters there are in this game.
Yeah, it's gonna take a while to get through all those damn routes. Of the new routes available I'm most looking forward to Daisy, Sakura and Kareha, though I hope they all turn out to be enjoyable.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 14:30   Link #126
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
I'm sad I missed Nadeshiko.
Have you tried refreshing the page? The characters on the counter page appear to be decided by random rather than by time. Unless you're looking at something I'm not seeing, you should still be able to get Nadeshiko to come up if you hit refresh enough times.
__________________
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 06:07   Link #127
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
The characters on the counter page appear to be decided by random rather than by time. Unless you're looking at something I'm not seeing, you should still be able to get Nadeshiko to come up if you hit refresh enough times.
Right you are. Thanks for the tip . Freaky coincidence that Nerine showed up first for both me and DJLowrider.


Can anyone who has played Really? Really! confirm that there is no closing movie? It ended kinda abruptly and I was looking forward to a nice montage or sth. at the end.

Really good game, BTW. I really, really enjoyed it. It really helped flesh out Kaede as a character, including her really surprising closet nymphomania. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing if that trait shows up in Essence+.

OK I'm done. Really.
__________________
チーズケーキ!
"Sanity is precious. Use it sparingly."
Twitter|Tumblr|Last.fm
BlueGenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 03:52   Link #128
KoiNoDensetsu
今日、海をみた。もう恐くない。
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Is it just me, or is Naval now blocking foreign IPs? I now get a "forbidden" error whenever I try to visit their site...
KoiNoDensetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 03:58   Link #129
Reo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiNoDensetsu View Post
Is it just me, or is Naval now blocking foreign IPs? I now get a "forbidden" error whenever I try to visit their site...
I got the same thing...it seem like they blocked us.....so sad.....=(
Reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 08:11   Link #130
kusanagiryu
Kaede-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
Right you are. Thanks for the tip . Freaky coincidence that Nerine showed up first for both me and DJLowrider.


Can anyone who has played Really? Really! confirm that there is no closing movie? It ended kinda abruptly and I was looking forward to a nice montage or sth. at the end.

Really good game, BTW. I really, really enjoyed it. It really helped flesh out Kaede as a character, including her really surprising closet nymphomania. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing if that trait shows up in Essence+.

OK I'm done. Really.
Yes. There is no closing movie. The same applies for all of Navel's work I believe. It's nice to know that you enjoyed the game. There're aren't a lot of people out there who appreciate the depth of the story behind Kaede and Rin's past. The drama, the emotions, the love...

Oh and RAGGGGEEE over Navel blocking foreign IPs. WHY navel WHY?!
First Minori and now this... Really...
kusanagiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 14:25   Link #131
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post


Oh God...

I think I have just glimpsed how you are greeted when you arrive in Heaven.
don't you mean hell? (she is a devil) But if that's the case i better start doing some bad bad things. lol. i hope this gets translated quickly into english, i so want to play it and i'm only just now finishing the first shuffle game.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 15:35   Link #132
DJLowrider
Ahou ga
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 37
I have to LOL at Navel blocking foreign IPs now, of all times. News flash, Navel, we already have all the info we need about the game and it's like foreigners won't be getting their hands on it some way or another. Oh well, we know the game's coming out in a little over a week anyway. I doubt we're missing anything major at this point.

Regarding R? R!, I found it to be a really fun game that gave me a better opinion of Kaede since she wasn't made out to be a total doormat character in it. Here's to hoping some of that shows up in Essence+, but I'll still always prefer Asa. Angel or devil, she is still 31 flavors of awesome.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 18:20   Link #133
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
I just find it a bit perplexing since their blocking of foreign IPs comes at a time when other companies are lifting theirs (MoonStone, Akatsuki Works, Wheel, etc). So I can't figure out what its purpose is.

I'm looking forward to Daisy's route, although I've read that she might not be available early on. Maybe have to finish Sia's route first?
__________________
Micchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 19:21   Link #134
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
ooo... now I won't be able to see/hear the other girls after Tsubomi.

All the Japanese text kinda put me off finding all the sample voices etc... so yea... but it's probably already too late for that too... ah well only a week til the game comes out anywayz.

btw I found it pretty kool that Tsubomi called Rin Oni-san or was it chan... Can you imagine both Primula & Tsubomi calling Rin Oni-chan simutaneously and then fighting over RIn for Imouto rights... be too hilarious, Humoculus vs Goddess Battle.
__________________
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 22:43   Link #135
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiNoDensetsu View Post
Is it just me, or is Naval now blocking foreign IPs? I now get a "forbidden" error whenever I try to visit their site...
Looking through a Japanese proxy server reveals you are correct. This sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
I have to LOL at Navel blocking foreign IPs now, of all times. News flash, Navel, we already have all the info we need about the game and it's like foreigners won't be getting their hands on it some way or another.
What gets me is why the hell they would want to block foreign IPs. Perhaps they don't want more customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Regarding R? R!, I found it to be a really fun game that gave me a better opinion of Kaede since she wasn't made out to be a total doormat character in it. Here's to hoping some of that shows up in Essence+, but I'll still always prefer Asa. Angel or devil, she is still 31 flavors of awesome.
It did give a good insight into Kaede & Rin's past, and in a way that didn't seem forced as it did in the anime. Kaede FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagiryu View Post
Yes. There is no closing movie. The same applies for all of Navel's work I believe.
Hmmm? Perhaps 'closing movie' was the wrong term; I didn't even see any credits (along with nice music). That's what's confusing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
All the Japanese text kinda put me off finding all the sample voices etc... so yea... but it's probably already too late for that too... ah well only a week til the game comes out anywayz.
The site is (or was) fairly intuitive; I found looking at the status bar was a good way to move between pages, as the URLs are all in English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Can you imagine both Primula & Tsubomi calling Rin Oni-chan simutaneously and then fighting over RIn for Imouto rights...
Why a fight? If Rin has a single cell in his brain, he'll take both of them... then again, Primula was pretty possessive in R?R!.
__________________
チーズケーキ!
"Sanity is precious. Use it sparingly."
Twitter|Tumblr|Last.fm
BlueGenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 13:49   Link #136
DJLowrider
Ahou ga
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 37
And just like that, Navel's website is accessible again. GG, Navel. GG.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 17:10   Link #137
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
I just noticed that today while checking it for my post. I was a bit surprised, to say the least. Oh well, can't wait for Essence+ ^^
__________________
Micchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 02:07   Link #138
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
sweet it's back *goes check sample voices*

I was surprised that the black bunny (Stuffed animal) had it's own voice lol.

How many endings does this game have now :S... I can almost see a harem... although that's what the Devil & God wants...


Too bad this game won't be translated for a LONG while and even if it were to be translated I can see Really Really & Tick tack being translated first since it's the chronological order of things.
__________________
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 12:52   Link #139
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
How many endings does this game have now :S... I can almost see a harem... although that's what the Devil & God wants...
There's 12 confirmed endings. Might have some bonus at the end if you finish them all.
__________________
Micchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 00:57   Link #140
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
There's 12 confirmed endings. Might have some bonus at the end if you finish them all.
hope it could be a real harem route if it does have a bonus route, one with all 12 at once LOL!
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.