AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-06-13, 06:13   Link #1
CygnusX

Toshiue no Hito (An older woman)

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=690

I discovered this manga yesterday. I've only read 2 volumes so far but I'm hooked. I'm writing this topic because this manga is complete but for some reason volume 5 and 6 haven't been translated yet. I hope it will get a bit more attention so someone decides to work on releases of scanlations or translations, which would make me very happy

I think of Toshiue no Hito as a romance story with some ecchi. There are also some more explicit scenes which make it adult, but certainly not hentai, since that's entirely not the focus in this manga.

This is the love story between a ~20 year old man in college and a ~25 year old woman who looks almost like a child. At first I didn't like her because I'm not into younger girls but I did like the art and the story development. The story isn't that original, but it gives incredible satisfaction, unlike other romance manga's in which the story drags on and on untill the end when finally the couple admits there love for each other, which is very frustrating imho. Toshiue no Hito instead, gives you a happy feeling when reading it. There are some problems between the characters like in other romance manga's, but instead of doing stupid things or ignoring each other, misthrusting each other, here they act more realistic and try to talk to each other instead of blaming eachother when hearing romours from other persons, so problems or misunderstandings are resolved much more quickly, like they should.

After 2 volumes, I do like the main hero´ne, not really her body though I think she's cute, but her character and what she has done to make the story what it is now.

if you like sweet romance stories and don't know Toshiue no Hito yet, I hope you will try this manga and tell what you think of it.
If you know it already, feel free to comment

Last edited by CygnusX; 2008-06-13 at 08:05.
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 07:02   Link #2
Westlo
Lets be reality

I actually read all 21 scanlated chapters for this 2 days ago, was quite a nice read,.. gotta love how she apologizes in the latest chapter...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 21:51   Link #3
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I actually read all 21 scanlated chapters for this 2 days ago, was quite a nice read,.. gotta love how she apologizes in the latest chapter...
lol yea think any sane man would love that
Old 2008-06-14, 01:41   Link #4
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Was a pretty nice read, but is this manga still being translated? The latest release was around September of '07?

Ageha is so cute
TOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 14:52   Link #5
CygnusX

It's still on the active projects list but they're probably understaffed and working on other manga atm. That's why I made this topic, to get it some attention and to get it on the list of first-to-finish mangas.

I couldn't resist and I read the raw manga till the end vol. 06. Even though I can't read it, it's pretty obvious what's going on in most chapters and the ecchi scenes with the tongue swirling are ...

To me the real climax was the end of volume 2 though. After that it gets more regular slice of life with less tension and big climaxes, though the last volume seems interesting too, don't really know exactly what was going on.

Hope translation will be out soon
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 15:47   Link #6
Man0warr

I think kmts is pretty busy with Sekirei, Unbalance x Unbalance, and Freezing. Although they are all pretty much caught up to those series.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 16:57   Link #7
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol yea think any sane man would love that
I can see the main character thinking of other guys with names she could mistake for a girl so she could "apologize" more often
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 17:25   Link #8
ellifeedn
Thinker

I checked this out for the heck of it and found it interesting. I'll keep this one in my list of series to finish. Hopefully it will be finished some day.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 18:21   Link #9
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX View Post
It's still on the active projects list but they're probably understaffed and working on other manga atm.
Oh, I couldn't find them on the kmts or Hentai-Enishi project lists so I thought that this manga became forgotten or something...
TOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 18:28   Link #10
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I can see the main character thinking of other guys with names she could mistake for a girl so she could "apologize" more often
The main character can get her to apologize anytime without conjuring things like that. Ageha might go out of way to apologize even though there's nothing to apologize for. Usually early morning is a good time to apologize and the receiver will usually willingly or even unwillingly accept the apology.
Old 2008-06-18, 18:09   Link #11
mdauben

Thumbs up

I just stumbled across this thread the other day, and after reading I thought I would give the manga a shot. I've read the first three volumes now, and I have to say I actually like it quite a bit. Nice love story and the ecchi fanservice for the most part is well done and fits in with the story.

I'll be looking forward to reading the rest as it gets scanlated.
Old 2008-06-18, 21:23   Link #12
dosetsu

KTMS dropped this(lack of translator), and apparently Fusion-Scans is picking it up.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 00:25   Link #13
Man0warr

Where did you get that info? No announcements from either scanlator.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 16:19   Link #14
mdauben

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosetsu View Post
KTMS dropped this(lack of translator), and apparently Fusion-Scans is picking it up.
Well, I hope someone continues to scanlate it! I'd hate to think I picked it up just in time for it to die.
Old 2008-06-19, 18:52   Link #15
dosetsu

It was mentioned in KTMS' irc channel sometime this or last week.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 23:46   Link #16
mdauben

I stopped by Fusion-Scans forum and got confirmation that they will be picking up this manga. Kudos to them and I look forward to their first chapter.
Old 2008-08-16, 18:57   Link #17
Keikun6969
Broken Knight
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Keikun6969
Thank you God I was about to pick this up my self
Keikun6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 19:44   Link #18
ZODDGUTS

Nice that's good to hear only two more volumes to go! Also enjoying Nana to Kaoru S&M action ftw.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 21:57   Link #19
Keikun6969
Broken Knight
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Keikun6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Nice that's good to hear only two more volumes to go! Also enjoying Nana to Kaoru S&M action ftw.
Agreed Nana to Kaoru is good i'm REALLY enjoying the S&M aspect Even though the Idea Skeeves me in RL lol. anyway Y'all need to give it a Shot its not too bad you can pick it up here ....

http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/3351
Keikun6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 22:06   Link #20
ZODDGUTS

Since they already caught up with the current scans of Nana to Kaoru hopefully one of the scanalators also pick up his other series Nidaime wa Cosplayer.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=10128
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote