AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Tales of...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-18, 09:33   Link #201
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Personally, I hope the anime also uses Bump of Chicken's "Karma" for the opening.
It's been confirmed on the official site that it will.

http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/news/toa...?offset=5#2288
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 19:17   Link #202
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
What I am hoping is that this series does really well so that Bandai could finish the Symphonia OVA's. So we are three weeks away from the premier of the anime, so I can not wait for it to come out.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 19:33   Link #203
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
It's been confirmed on the official site that it will.
Music to my ears.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 02:04   Link #204
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
arietta is....*explode*
Spoiler for game spoiler:

and so is regret,yes,not LEGRETTA like some game company reputedly stupid in their translation and pointless change would have wanted us to believe.

well now,THERE,you have in romaji.

(yes,even as a tales maniac i still couldn't swallow that one...or maybe i couldn't BECAUSE i'm a tales maniac...hmm..whatever)


*enter into namco bandai us hater mode and go grumble about prism bullet and regret*
You know if they make this in English it's gonna be Legretta...right?

Just like "Cain" is the official name of the character in FFIV but everytime SE releases a new version of FFIV in America it's Kain. Without fail.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 14:09   Link #205
kramerica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hearing "Major Regret" in the American version would just be too ridiculous IMO :P It's like "Private Parts".
__________________

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 20:01   Link #206
Miyazawa_Lulu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Spain
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
What I am hoping is that this series does really well so that Bandai could finish the Symphonia OVA's.
You won't have to wait that long, Tethe'alla OVAs have been confirmed.
Miyazawa_Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:42   Link #207
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyazawa_Lulu View Post
You won't have to wait that long, Tethe'alla OVAs have been confirmed.
I just posted in there. I am really excited that we are getting the Tethe'alla arc. Not only that, but we are about under two weeks away from the first airing of TOA anime.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 21:29   Link #208
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
This game had such a good story. I hope they diverge from the ending slightly though, at least to make it clearer as to what the hell happened!
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:45   Link #209
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
So does anyone know the date and time for the First Episodes airing?
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:31   Link #210
[MrSonic]
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Siberia [Tyumen]
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to [MrSonic]
Quote:
so does anyone know the date and time for the first episodes airing?
10/03 21:00
Source - http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html
Translation - http://fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2008
[MrSonic] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:23   Link #211
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Heard alot oon watching the video's and seeing the game myself, I may watch it definetly and love the OP!
__________________
sigpic51593_6.gif
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 03:29   Link #212
kaosmos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
You know if they make this in English it's gonna be Legretta...right?

Just like "Cain" is the official name of the character in FFIV but everytime SE releases a new version of FFIV in America it's Kain. Without fail.
i couldn't possibly care less as long as i can turn subtitle off if they do this
*insert evil laugh here*

can't blame them after all:

"we can't admit we were wrong after all this time!!"

yes...even if you have it in freaking roman letter on the official website of the original creator of the anime/game...

....*run*
__________________
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 09:51   Link #213
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
yes...even if you have it in freaking roman letter on the official website of the original creator of the anime/game...
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
Hearing "Major Regret" in the American version would just be too ridiculous IMO :P It's like "Private Parts".
It sounds flat out silly. Treating official romanisations as the holy grail is a pretty stupid idea anyway, they're about as accurate half the time as a beginner Japanese student's attempts to write English names in katakana. I'd rather they stuck with what they've established anyway instead of breaking consistency like the Vesperia localisation. Lol Belius.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 13:58   Link #214
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
So, does anyone think that Tales of the Abyss will get its own sub-forum.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 16:28   Link #215
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Lounge
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
So, does anyone think that Tales of the Abyss will get its own sub-forum.
If it does, I'm packing my bags and moving from the CG forum to the TotA forum
__________________
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 17:16   Link #216
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
If it does, I'm packing my bags and moving from the CG forum to the TotA forum
I was thinking more of a "Tales of" forum.

That way we can discuss the symphonia OVA's and any future Anime, OVA's or Games in the Tales of series in one subforums.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:58   Link #217
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I was thinking more of a "Tales of" forum.
That would be nice indeed.

Nothing left to do but hope this show grabs a lot of people's attention. >_<!
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:27   Link #218
kaosmos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
This:

It sounds flat out silly. Treating official romanisations as the holy grail is a pretty stupid idea anyway, they're about as accurate half the time as a beginner Japanese student's attempts to write English names in katakana. I'd rather they stuck with what they've established anyway instead of breaking consistency like the Vesperia localisation. Lol Belius.
say that to those who did the japanese version before the us one,you'll see if they were glad of the change made,anyway this is not my point.

"major regret" may sound silly,but it IS regret,so whatever people might say,that fact will never change.

thing is:to me it's regret,not legretta (which sound like a sauce brand if you ask me).

and fyi people were thinking it was pretty badass to have a twin gun user called regret back when it wasn't announced for the us.

anyway....i just want the anime to start already!

and i second that demand for a tales of forum! XD
__________________
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:39   Link #219
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
say that to those who did the japanese version before the us one,you'll see if they were glad of the change made,anyway this is not my point.

"major regret" may sound silly,but it IS regret,so whatever people might say,that fact will never change.

thing is:to me it's regret,not legretta (which sound like a sauce brand if you ask me).

and fyi people were thinking it was pretty badass to have a twin gun user called regret back when it wasn't announced for the us.

anyway....i just want the anime to start already!

and i second that demand for a tales of forum! XD
Still though, it does sound rather silly.

Do we have to request the mods to make a Sub-Forum or something???
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:17   Link #220
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
say that to those who did the japanese version before the us one,you'll see if they were glad of the change made,anyway this is not my point.

"major regret" may sound silly,but it IS regret,so whatever people might say,that fact will never change.
I played the game in Japanese and I agree with the changes in the localized version. The Japanese version doesn't call her "Major Regret." Since her rank is mentioned in Japanese rather than English, that awkwardness isn't present in Japanese.

Translation is more than converting things literally, and in this case I think the decision made sense.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.