AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2008-10-09, 03:15   Link #601
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
I knew it. I just knew that I did see a fanart for Tales Character Ranking (Mostly because of how lulzy it is though ).
Ah... fabulous as always, Leon.

Third "most popular Tales character" poll (non-spoilerish version):

1. Leon (Tales of Destiny)
2. Luke (Tales of the Abyss)
3. Jade (Tales of the Abyss)
4. Guy (Tales of the Abyss)
5. Kratos (Tales of Symphonia)
6. Asch (Tales of the Abyss)
. . . .

(Too many in the list, 30 characters all in all. But to the curious ones, Tear is #10 and also the highest ranking female character.)

I saw another poll, this time by Dengeki Maoh magazine which had different categories. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a pic of it.

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-10-09 at 03:42.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 03:17   Link #602
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hillarious pic.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoilerish:

EDIT: Oh kujoe heard the signal!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 03:22   Link #603
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Blatant fangirls popularity poll, that one is.

Though I've frankly, never gotten Leon's appeal as a character, except that he... you know, in the end.

I expect Yuri to be among the top of the coming polls though. Not so sure about Flynn.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 03:30   Link #604
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Though I've frankly, never gotten Leon's appeal as a character, except that he... you know.
Leon, and practically every male character in Abyss (except maybe one or two) are fujoshi magnets. I think we all know that by now.

Oh, here we go. I found it.

Spoiler for pic:

This one is more interesting to me. Surprisingly, Anise is #2 most popular female character... Yeah, I know. I call shenanigans.
Old 2008-10-09, 03:36   Link #605
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
QFT Though I must say that some of male Japanese also like Luke's development. And the fact that Asch, one of the fangirls favourites got 6th... (But way to go: 3 red haired characters dominating first six ranks. My eyes burns!)

Quote:
Though I've frankly, never gotten Leon's appeal as a character, except that he... you know, in the end.
Oh you, don't expect you can understand how fangirls delusion and thinking works even if you have used most of your time analyzing us~

Quote:
I expect Yuri to be among the top of the coming polls though. Not so sure about Flynn.
Yuri will, and Flynn may goes to top 10 or somewhere around there judging from Vesperia popularity as of now. (I think Estelle may get into top 15 too. Don't ask why )

EDIT:
@kujoe
Thanks for sharing the poll! And Tears are fanboys magnet to be sure. (Counter attacking you fanboys opinions about how Tales Guys are to be swooned over ). I'm glad that Shirley (TOL) never got into the character ranking for the girls. (Yes, don't ever doubt my deep hate for her)

Old 2008-10-09, 03:51   Link #606
Westlo
Lets be reality

Anise got second... i am in despair.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 04:04   Link #607
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Anyway, a GIF from episode 2 I tweaked a little.

Spoiler for Guynophobia:

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the poll! And Tears are fanboys magnet to be sure. (Counter attacking you fanboys opinions about how Tales Guys are to be swooned over ). I'm glad that Shirley (TOL) never got into the character ranking for the girls. (Yes, don't ever doubt my deep hate for her)
Generally, girls like Tear also attract fangirls because she's the type of girl girls like to be. Strong, beautiful and confident, but moe and cute at the same time.

Spoiler for Legendia stuff:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 04:22   Link #608
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

What? I don't really find it surprising Lolis in Japan has fascination to Anise and generally fujoshis and normal fangirls in Japan are quite welcome to Anise (Don't even dare to ask about whether there is a pedo pair for Anise now )

And to let the lulz continue, here is a crossover for Abyss and another game

Spoiler for LOL:

Quote:
Generally, girls like Tear also attract fangirls because she's the type of girl girls like to be. Strong, beautiful and confident, but moe and cute at the same time.
Can't deny that *Sees certain series called Macross F * We respect that kind of girl (Although it would be better if she were a little more open though ) Oh but erase the moe part and change it to deredere.

Old 2008-10-09, 04:25   Link #609
kujoe
from head to heel

Tear may be moe, but if you compare her to let's say, Colette, I'd say she's not the usual kind of moe and is actually a much better lead heroine character-wise. She's tough (even though she's the spellcaster type), mature and competent in her job.

I haven't played Tales of Legendia, but I've noticed that a lot of people dislike this Shirley character for some reason.
Old 2008-10-09, 04:50   Link #610
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Tear may be moe, but if you compare her to let's say, Colette, I'd say she's not the usual kind of moe and is actually a much better lead heroine character-wise. She's tough (even though she's the spellcaster type), mature and competent in her job.

I haven't played Tales of Legendia, but I've noticed that a lot of people dislike this Shirley character for some reason.
Shirley is the stereotypical loli imouto with a bra-con personality that gets kidnap way too many times

Spoiler for legendia:

and oh, Anise is an awesome loli!
Old 2008-10-09, 05:09   Link #611
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
(Although it would be better if she were a little more open though )
No no, she's perfect the way she is. I don't want her to feel forced into acting that way or anything when she's just so lovely to see in motion. Episode 02 is a perfect example.
Old 2008-10-09, 05:15   Link #612
TrueKnight

Legendia's Shirley sucks because she's an emo, damsel-in-distress typically mary sue and extremely obsessed, possesive with main character and because of it didn't mind destroying the whole world with her insane godly powers.

Oddly enough she's quite popular with the female fans....
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:18   Link #613
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Legendia's Shirley sucks because she's an emo, damsel-in-distress typically mary sue and extremely obsessed, possesive with main character and because of it didn't mind destroying the whole world with her insane godly powers.

Oddly enough she's quite popular with the female fans....
Probably because the girls could relate to Shirley better minus the insanely godly powers.
Old 2008-10-09, 06:22   Link #614
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Whoa, some brakes on the game spoilers here, however minor and non-relevant to the plot they are.

Anyway, Abyss can be a little slow on the uptake. Even in the game, it starts off feeling generic and don't feed all the jargons and technical details straight on the players, which makes sense, considering that the protagonist, being Luke is 10 times more oblivious, even when compared to your average air-headed idiotic good-guy protagonist.

Generally, the shit doesn't hit the fans until Azkureith.
Haha, you said to brake on the game spoilers then you drop a big one. Nice.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:37   Link #615
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Haha, you said to brake on the game spoilers then you drop a big one. Nice.
Actually it's a bit-no, wait, VERY hard to keep our (those who had played the game) mouth shut before accidentally spoiling the series. Really, we need a thread for Tales of Series before we end up ruining the build-up for further development in the story for the non-gamers... That or putting spoilers tags for most of the time...

(Though Nightengale just hinted that something will happen later in the series-Not yet the events )

Old 2008-10-09, 08:02   Link #616
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No no, she's perfect the way she is. I don't want her to feel forced into acting that way or anything when she's just so lovely to see in motion. Episode 02 is a perfect example.
I completely agree Shiroth what made episode 2 so enjoyable was the fact that Tear's inner Moe was kept inside that just made it more To see her forced to act a certain a way would be a shame and i feel would crush her character. Im hoping for moments like in episode 2 like "Kawii" actually slipped out of her mouth but she caught herself lol.
Old 2008-10-09, 09:24   Link #617
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im hoping for moments like in episode 2 like "Kawii" actually slipped out of her mouth but she caught herself lol.
Unless the anime sidetracks or ignores it for whatever reason, you won't be disappointed.
Old 2008-10-09, 10:21   Link #618
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
First impression: Quite a long opening, almost as long as One Piece's opening... Song wasn't that great but the the OP video was pretty nice itself.

After watching episode one, gotta say it was far too boring the first 2/3 of the video. I even started yawning half way (no joke).

Boring ending...

Well, I supposed this anime is watchable, or decent at the least but I believe it gets far more credit than it deserves...
Old 2008-10-09, 10:33   Link #619
vspirit
...huh?

Spoiler for spoilerish:
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 10:45   Link #620
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
Spoiler for spoilerish: