AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Tales of...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-28, 21:27   Link #981
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Nabiki. Can you post those icons in APNG format? I want to tinker with them.

Thanks in advance. :3
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 21:27   Link #982
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Spoiler:
Well, if you're going by the royal family tree... Luke's mother is the sister of the king, which makes Natalia his (older) cousin... and they're officially engaged. This has already been revealed on episode 1, I think. So yes, those nobles are at it again. Then again, Japan has been known to have legal first cousin marriages anyway, so it hardly matters.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 14:17   Link #983
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
forget what I said

Spoiler:
__________________



Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2008-10-29 at 17:12.
Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 16:10   Link #984
uis
...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hekiyou Gakuen Student Council
Age: 25
Thanks Nabiki Asakura...
Finally I get Ion avatar... *save*
__________________

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 17:13   Link #985
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Thanks Nabiki Asakura...
Finally I get Ion avatar... *save*
ohoho, you're welcome XD
I like to make gifs using Ion scenes, it makes me fell so confortable, for some misterious reason...
__________________


Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 20:16   Link #986
Darkurai
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I'm a bit ticked off that they practically shout
Spoiler for The next few episodes (probably up to about 8 or 9):



And if you weren't thinking this, you're lying to yourself and us:

Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 20:28   Link #987
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In my mind...
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
At least he tried. When it was for Tear, he didn't even try!
Lmao. I don't know why that comment makes me happy. Maybe it's because I'm a Guy/Natalia fan. ^_^ But yeah, I was surprised when he didn't jump away from her in Episode 1. Then again, I guess Natalia wasn't close enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Look, since you're a GuyNat fan I'll give you a little gift. I wasn't going to make this gif because it's SUPER heavy, so it can't be used in AS, but you can save as well



Now you have a gif of your favorite couple
I saved it. Thank you so much. I love you. XD (in a platonic sense? )

I hope Tales of the Abyss gets its own subforum soon. I don't know how the rules for that work around here though.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 20:46   Link #988
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Lmao. I don't know why that comment makes me happy. Maybe it's because I'm a Guy/Natalia fan. ^_^ But yeah, I was surprised when he didn't jump away from her in Episode 1. Then again, I guess Natalia wasn't close enough.


I saved it. Thank you so much. I love you. XD (in a platonic sense? )

I hope Tales of the Abyss gets its own subforum soon. I don't know how the rules for that work around here though.
Same here, I was thiking about it today.
But it's rare for me to post in "discurssion about episode/character/general thoughts" in anime threads, I just post in signatures and images topics, so for the first time I'm really talking about an anime in this topic XD

I don't know how it works, maybe there's something in general AS F.A.Q? I'll take a look.

Oh, and I'm happy that you liked the gif, I make all my works with love so it's really good when someone likes it S2

edit: yeah, there's nothing about it in general AS FAQ, I'll wait for a pure hearted member that know about how it works explain me .-.

Dakurai: This is EXACTLY what I was thinking in this scene...and in all other scenes where Van and Luke are =D

I'm so sorry, people who likes Van, but I'll NEVER think about he like a hetero if someone doesn't show me a picture of Van's son/daughter, oh, and I'm not talking about addopted children =]
__________________


Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 21:12   Link #989
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
edit: yeah, there's nothing about it in general AS FAQ, I'll wait for a pure hearted member that know about how it works explain me .-.
Don't know about the pure hearted part, but here goes the link again.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28131

In short, the mods are the only ones that can decide if a show gets it's own subforum or not. Do not ask or made a request for one. All requests are shot down on the spot and many end up annoying the mods in the process.

So, who knows? maybe this show could still get it's own sub-forum in the coming weeks. At the same time, it may not get one............ever.
__________________

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2008-10-29 at 21:38.
Daniel E. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 15:01   Link #990
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Don't know about the pure hearted part, but here goes the link again.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28131

In short, the mods are the only ones that can decide if a show gets it's own subforum or not. Do not ask or made a request for one. All requests are shot down on the spot and many end up annoying the mods in the process.

So, who knows? maybe this show could still get it's own sub-forum in the coming weeks. At the same time, it may not get one............ever.
I think it'd be smarter for them to make a "Tales of" sub-forum if they end up making one. That way we can discuss all future "Tales of" games, anime and OVA's in one place.

Kannagi got its own sub-forum so I wouldnt be surprised if Tales got its own.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 18:43   Link #991
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In my mind...
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Same here, I was thiking about it today.
But it's rare for me to post in "discurssion about episode/character/general thoughts" in anime threads, I just post in signatures and images topics, so for the first time I'm really talking about an anime in this topic XD

I don't know how it works, maybe there's something in general AS F.A.Q? I'll take a look.

Oh, and I'm happy that you liked the gif, I make all my works with love so it's really good when someone likes it S2
This anime can bring up a lot of thought-provoking discussions, especially for those who haven't played the game and ponder about future events. I know a lot of twists are coming in the later episodes so there'll be a lot of things all of us can talk about. And since this is a Tales game, romance will be brought up and I'm hoping for a sub-forum to discuss these things. Hopefully, no flame wars.

Ah don't worry. Your gif is being put to good use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I think it'd be smarter for them to make a "Tales of" sub-forum if they end up making one. That way we can discuss all future "Tales of" games, anime and OVA's in one place.

Kannagi got its own sub-forum so I wouldnt be surprised if Tales got its own.
That's a good idea and I agree with this. Of course, we can't request for a sub-forum but if we get one, your idea works best I think. I am hoping for a sub-forum so then we have a separate thead to post a ton of fanart. And those character threads! ^___^ I can go on and on about Guy any day.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 19:03   Link #992
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Kannagi got its own sub-forum so I wouldnt be surprised if Tales got its own.
Kannagi has it's own sub-forum because there was enough posts per day for one to be created, and i believe this thread isn't anyway close to that.

Shame i know, though that's just how things are.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 19:33   Link #993
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Kannagi has it's own sub-forum because there was enough posts per day for one to be created
...It's just me or everyone is thinking the same? S2


The problem with Tales of series is that the anime version of all are just ovas or non-impressive animes(please, someone correct me if i'm wrong).

BTW, can someone tell me what day of the week they realease ToA episodes in Japan?
__________________


Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 20:59   Link #994
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Something more on the episode. Was a bonus for Natalia to hear the conversation with Luke and Van. At least it can help her negotiate herself into the group like she wanted in the first place. Though even if she lets Luke know that she heard the guy would probably complain about her trying to come along .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 02:22   Link #995
Jeffry2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
HI, i've first watched this anime but uhmmmm.....

I've never played Tales Game before but maybe i can hands-on this first after of my aftermath about IM@S xenoglosser 7 months ago Which made by SUNRISE as well.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 04:54   Link #996
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Kannagi has it's own sub-forum because there was enough posts per day for one to be created, and i believe this thread isn't anyway close to that.

Shame i know, though that's just how things are.
That's what they claim, although when tallied up this one thread exceeds the entire post count of the Kannagi forum so I don't really see how that works. Plus if you were to factor in the obvious requests for character specific boards, games from the series etc. you'd probably have a healthy sub forum I would think. I was one of the people shocked to see Kannagi getting the sub forum instead of Abyss too. Not that I don't think it deserves it, but it just seems like Abyss should have been the obvious pick.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 05:49   Link #997
Saleh
Inactive
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post

BTW, can someone tell me what day of the week they realease ToA episodes in Japan?
The latest episode airs on Sunday at 1:55AM on MBS.
__________________
Saleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 07:03   Link #998
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That's what they claim, although when tallied up this one thread exceeds the entire post count of the Kannagi forum so I don't really see how that works.
It doesn't depend on post counts, it depends on how many posts that thread has in a day.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 08:22   Link #999
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It doesn't depend on post counts, it depends on how many posts that thread has in a day.
In resume: a superpop topic.

So we just need to..spend all the day posting in this topic *=D*



and, thank you, Saleh, for the information S2
__________________



Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2008-10-31 at 08:40.
Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 15:00   Link #1000
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
This anime can bring up a lot of thought-provoking discussions, especially for those who haven't played the game and ponder about future events. I know a lot of twists are coming in the later episodes so there'll be a lot of things all of us can talk about. And since this is a Tales game, romance will be brought up and I'm hoping for a sub-forum to discuss these things. Hopefully, no flame wars.

Ah don't worry. Your gif is being put to good use.
And also a place to discuss the adaptation from game to anime and how they may change events to fit into a different medium. Plus as you mentioned the coming episodes should spawn alot of thought provoking discussions as Tales of the Abyss does have an interesting plot and a caste of great characters.

Plus I want a thread for the worship of Jade Curtis, the god of TotA. Screw Julia, Jade is the one that deserves a religion in his name.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.