AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 21:40   Link #81
Lebron
I hear voices

Japanese site is open, with a release date...February 19. It's on, IT'S ON!
http://www.eternalsphere.com/so4/

Hopefully the western release(s) are around the same window, like with IU.

edit: Here's the new trailer, looks awesome.
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8914_en.html

Also, nice to see we're still kicking things off by crash landing on some backwater planet. It just wouldn't be a Star Ocean game without it

Edit 2: Seems it's coming out in NA on March 3rd....Boooo!

Edit 3: I am the King of Edits

First gameplay footage from the SO4 Demo
http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13276_...lay-video.html

Last edited by Lebron; 2008-10-08 at 22:41.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:46   Link #82
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Gameplay looks SWEEET. I hope they plan to release it in Europe in March as well, I'd hate waiting months just as it's happening for Vesperia.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:43   Link #83
kissthestick

battles look amazing, 60fps!
kissthestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:02   Link #84
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron
Edit 2: Seems it's coming out in NA on March 3rd....Boooo!
You gotta be kidding me man... that's only 2 weeks difference! Sure it ain't quite a simultaneous release, but that's pretty damn close if you ask me. I certainly AM NOT complaining about that fast of a turnaround for the NA version.

Then again, that's coming from someone who's used to waiting a LONG time for his RPG translations *cough*WorkingDesignsGames*cough*

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:06   Link #85
Lebron
I hear voices

This generation has spoiled me :P

Also, people should pick up First Departure and Second Evolution(SO1 and SO2) for the PSP if they haven't played the originals before. First Departure comes out at the end of the month, and Second Evolution comes out in January I think.
Old 2008-10-09, 09:16   Link #86
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yep, certainly going to pick up First Departure. Never played the first.

Also itching to play Rena's scenario in So2 for a long time, and the PSP port is just an excuse to do it lol.

Old 2008-10-09, 09:28   Link #87
Amray

I have not played the second story. Whenever I am to find the first two Star Ocean games they are bloody expensive....very expensive. Over 100 to be exact which is loads and loads of money for a simple and old Playstation game. This is because the game is extremely rare in this country.

Anyway, I do hope that they will allow the option of ones prefered language again like they did in Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata. I was so pleased by the fact that they allowed that. Original Japanese for me please.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:35   Link #88
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Wow, SO2 is that much in England? I can only shiver at the thought of how much the other games are worth, since SO2 is on the cheap side when compared to other rarer/more sought out games like Suikoden II and the like.

And just wondering, has there ever been a Square Enix game that let them you use the original language? AFAIK, there is none, and so chances are they won't have Japanese voice cast.

I just hope they get a new voice cast for the SO2 port like they did with the JP version though, since while the majority is above average, there as some stupid lines (Crawd has advanced forward!), some tracks forgotten to be changed (turakuto biiimu!), and some actors being just downright annoying (Precis anyone? Loved the Precis/Ashton pairing though).

Old 2008-10-09, 09:56   Link #89
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
^
Wow, SO2 is that much in England? I can only shiver at the thought of how much the other games are worth, since SO2 is on the cheap side when compared to other rarer/more sought out games like Suikoden II and the like.
Indeed. But actually I see the Suikoden games everywhere here. In fact I felt extremely fortunate when I had found Star Ocean 3 in a shop. That is very, very rare to simply come across in a shop where I live....but coming across 1 and 2 is quite literally impossible.

Quote:
And just wondering, has there ever been a Square Enix game that let them you use the original language? AFAIK, there is none, and so chances are they won't have Japanese voice cast.
None of the Square-Enix games that I have played allow one to access the original Japanese language as far as I could see. Although they did start letting one do it a lot on the third generation consoles games, such as the ones that I had previously stated. I had never seen that option on a game before and was overwhelmed and greatful that I could. Listening to Hirano Aya's beautiful voice in a game is just great.

Quote:
I just hope they get a new voice cast for the SO2 port like they did with the JP version though, since while the majority is above average, there as some stupid lines (Crawd has advanced forward!), some tracks forgotten to be changed (turakuto biiimu!), and some actors being just downright annoying (Precis anyone? Loved the Precis/Ashton pairing though).
I have only seen the Anime series of Star Ocean 2, but getting a hold of and playing the game is a blessing in this country. The anime was not amazing though I have to say.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 10:05   Link #90
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To be fair though, SO1 never really was officially released in English, so it IS impossible to find it.

And yeah, Suikoden is pretty popular and generally easy to find, but particularly the second iteration is either impossible to get, or really damn expensive. If SO2 costs around 40-50 US used and around 80-100 US new, then by comparison Suikoden II costs around 150 US used and 350-400 US or so new... if you can actually find it. So if you can find one for cheap in your area, then by all means get it. It's a great game, and if you really want you can easily sell it for more than what you payed for if it's as you say 'easy to find'.

I also forget that Europe doesn't get most of NISAmerica's and Atlus's offerings, of which the vast majority offers dual language (I still facepalm as to why Atlus don't offer dual language to Persona series though). I guess it must have been a real eye opener to play games with Japanese voices.

But trying to be back on topic, anyone recognize the VAs from the trailer of SO4? I dunno, but Reimi is giving me Kugimiya vibes for some reason. It might not be her usual tsunderekko loli voice, but it still sounds like her deeper roles if you ask me.

Old 2008-10-09, 12:02   Link #91
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
But trying to be back on topic, anyone recognize the VAs from the trailer of SO4? I dunno, but Reimi is giving me Kugimiya vibes for some reason. It might not be her usual tsunderekko loli voice, but it still sounds like her deeper roles if you ask me.
Doesn't sound quite like Kugyuu to me...

But speaking of Reimi, she definitely just shot up on the cuteness scale.
Old 2008-10-09, 12:18   Link #92
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hand on hip while pointing to something? I think I just melted into a puddle of goo from the moe lol.

Old 2008-10-09, 12:30   Link #93
DeotoxSlayer

Looks like star Ocean 4 has just been confirmed for the PS3

http://n4g.com/events_tgs2008/News-212617.aspx
Old 2008-10-09, 12:40   Link #94
Lebron
I hear voices

a couple more off-screen videos(same demo)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41143.html
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/9...09/vids_1.html
Old 2008-10-09, 12:43   Link #95
TrueKnight

Yea I heard the news too. Is it official? I couldn't care less anyway because I already owned both system (PS3 and 360). But seems like it remains timed exclusive for the 360 (US on March 2009).

Edit: nvm seems like its official that its going to the PS3 as well.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 13:04   Link #96
Lebron
I hear voices

Nah, it's not official. That Finnish site is getting it's facts from the TGS Trailer. They didn't see the typical "only on 360" logo at the end, and started saying it will hit PS3 later on, then ran with the story. Another site reported it, realized nothing was confirmed, then modified it. So right now, it's just that one lone site reporting it as confirmed.

I mean come on, SE and SCEJ have both had their conference, and yet, this was nowhere mentioned. Official site went up, nothing mentioned. None of the big name game sites are reporting this either, but this lone Finnish site is? Come on. I'm not denying that it will hit PS3 eventually, I'm guessing it's the typical 6 month- 1 year 360 exclusive, but nothing has been "confirmed" yet. That's why I never visit N4G, outside of being infested with fanboys. Their news is too "trigger happy." Same site that said SO4 was confirmed "PS3 exclusive" when the first trailer hit :rollesyes:

Also, 60FPS! You bastards really didn't bother trying with IU
Old 2008-10-09, 13:06   Link #97
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Edit: nvm seems like its official that its going to the PS3 as well.
Really? Sounds nice!

I hope Lenneth, Freya, and Ethereal Queen will be returning to SO4. They had made various appearances in other Tri-Ace games, so they should return to SO4 too.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 14:46   Link #98
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post

It's a rumour. Nothing official yet.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 15:07   Link #99
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Also, 60FPS! You bastards really didn't bother trying with IU
Nah, most of them were too busy playing with what my brother practically labels as 'Tales of the Abyss clone with its characters just shuffled around'

Old 2008-10-10, 18:55   Link #100
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post

YESS!!!!!
I don't have to buy a 360 anymore
all lef is for Tales of Vasperia going to ps3