AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 22:04   Link #281
Tiran86

Well the 2nd episode was kind of disappointing. I'll keep watching it though since it doesn't seem bad enough to drop yet.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 22:13   Link #282
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Seems pretty obvious that the little sister isn't related... so it'll end up being a love triangle afterall.
Old 2008-10-11, 22:48   Link #283
Traece
:cool:

@ HayashiTakara : ...

I'm amazed that you can say that as if there's a chance. Even if they aren't related, you think that she would be in love with her own not-brother? They've been considering eachother brother and sister for so long I doubt that they're really going to fall in love. No matter what you say, I don't think they're about to turn this into a pseudo-incest predicament.

Anyhow... Episode 2 was pretty disappointing. In fact, ever since the first kiss scene this anime hasn't been very rewarding. Maybe they'll turn it around, but I think all the thunder died and decomposed. It's just not working for me. They made the female love interest have all these annoying ideals about romance. I don't mind that she's against having her husband decided for her, but she doesn't need to be so childish about the first kiss. Is it so wrong to have your first kiss with a guy you ACTUALLY like? She admits to having liked him at least a little bit up to that point. I'd say it seems to me like she's just trying to play it off as her hating it even though she enjoyed it, but there are limits that have been broken. Was she going to save her first kiss for her wedding night? Saving her kiss for marriage? I'm sorry, but under no circumstances would that ever really happen.

She's an anime character. She's going to need CPR sometime before she gets married.
Old 2008-10-11, 22:53   Link #284
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Seems pretty obvious that the little sister isn't related... so it'll end up being a love triangle afterall.
Another Da Capo and Canvas 2...

I think impossible and I am quite tired of it...
If Mina-chi x Junichi ending... I will despair...
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 22:54   Link #285
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
@ HayashiTakara : ...

I'm amazed that you can say that as if there's a chance. Even if they aren't related, you think that she would be in love with her own not-brother? They've been considering eachother brother and sister for so long I doubt that they're really going to fall in love. No matter what you say, I don't think they're about to turn this into a pseudo-incest predicament.

Anyhow... Episode 2 was pretty disappointing. In fact, ever since the first kiss scene this anime hasn't been very rewarding. Maybe they'll turn it around, but I think all the thunder died and decomposed. It's just not working for me. They made the female love interest have all these annoying ideals about romance. I don't mind that she's against having her husband decided for her, but she doesn't need to be so childish about the first kiss. Is it so wrong to have your first kiss with a guy you ACTUALLY like? She admits to having liked him at least a little bit up to that point. I'd say it seems to me like she's just trying to play it off as her hating it even though she enjoyed it, but there are limits that have been broken. Was she going to save her first kiss for her wedding night? Saving her kiss for marriage? I'm sorry, but under no circumstances would that ever really happen.

She's an anime character. She's going to need CPR sometime before she gets married.
I'd say yes, she'll be crushing on her "brother" soon enough, its not out of the question. Its not like it hasn't happened before. I do dare say, that it might even end up with the "siblings" as a pairing.
Old 2008-10-11, 23:06   Link #286
Zippicus

Well this is based on an adult visual novel so in that respect it's pretty much anything goes as far as a pairing. It's just a matter of which path(s) they decided to animate, my guess is that they're going to stick with the "main" path, but only time will tell.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 23:08   Link #287
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Well this is based on an adult visual novel so in that respect it's pretty much anything goes as far as a pairing. It's just a matter of which path(s) they decided to animate, my guess is that they're going to stick with the "main" path, but only time will tell.
Animes pretty much always stick with the main path. So they'll probably go with the fiancee thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if they left it open though. Not even a little bit.
Old 2008-10-11, 23:25   Link #288
Peanutbutter

I still find it a surprise Minato's voice came from Hirano Aya.

Spoiler for ep2:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 23:48   Link #289
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not sure if its as much about the first kiss as it is about wanting to dislike Jun. Definitely it matters to her since she kicked his ass right after the kiss was taken. But combine not wanting to have her marriage partner chosen for her and having that kiss taken it leads to a very angry individual.
Old 2008-10-12, 00:05   Link #290
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Yep, I'm really enjoying this one, just as much as Tokimeki Memorial(yes I really do like that anime very much, its a real delight to watch)

they threw some of that James Bond caper at me again, didn't expect that
Old 2008-10-12, 00:18   Link #291
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
ya i was seeing some perhaps "jealousy".....from the sister.

expecting threesome. brace for impact
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 00:31   Link #292
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
ya i was seeing some perhaps "jealousy".....from the sister.
i wouldn't say jealousy, i read it as more worry that they might not be siblings. like when yuuhi brought it up. there was a look of genuine worry on her face. she just doesn't want to lose her only family.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 00:31   Link #293
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, I always felt this was pretty heavily implied by the OP and promo art anyway, not to mention the first episode. Even if she were blood-related (which anime implies she isn't), I thought it was still probably going to be somewhat of a love triangle. How much they play it up remains to be seen...

Quote:
I do dare say, that it might even end up with the "siblings" as a pairing.
This, though, I'd probably bet against at this point, if you asked me. It's certainly possible, but I'd assume they'll go for the main pairing given the way they've played things so far.

Anyway, re: the episode count for this show: based on the DVD solicitations, it looks like it should be 13 episodes with one bonus episode on the DVDs (or 12 with 2 bonus episodes). 7 equally-priced DVDs, anyway, and typically that means the same amount of content/episodes per disc (in this case two/disc).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 00:37   Link #294
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i wouldn't say jealousy, i read it as more worry that they might not be siblings. like when yuuhi brought it up. there was a look of genuine worry on her face. she just doesn't want to lose her only family.
That's pretty much how I read it. Looked a lot more like concern and showing how important the sibling bond is to her. Especially with all the time apart, concern about the bond wouldn't be a surprise.
Old 2008-10-12, 00:39   Link #295
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
dunno if u heard me correctly.
i SAID...brace.....for.......wincest....impact

lol
jking with u

altho TBH for a show like this, i wouldn't mind seeing that.....hmmmm

::dity thoughts etc...::
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 00:47   Link #296
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I've a one-word summary for episode 2: boring.

Can they really not think of a better way to portray that Yuuhi and Minato are chummy than having them go shopping and then cooking dinner. Does this really need to take up seven whole minutes of a twenty-five minute episode? But there's something so overly stilted about these character interactions, especially between Yuuhi and Minato. Things just feel somewhat unnatural, almost superficial. And then when it comes to Yuuhi and Junichi, when they're not taking part in some cringe-worthy tsundere slapstick comedy, their character interactions are also almost as boring. The only thing in the episode that I found amusing was Yuuhi struggling with waking up in the morning.

I think it's worth taking a moment to compare this with Toradora, which is another tsundere rom-com with a Kugimiya-voiced female lead. But Toradora seems a lot more switched-on than this, while this can feel pretty blunt and insipid at times, and I think it's simply because the characters in Toradora are more eccentric. Not overly so, but they're just eccentric enough to keep the audience second-guessing and they're allowed to interact freely, which makes the whole thing a lot more interesting and enjoyable to watch.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 01:33   Link #297
sakuravs

I thought the two main heroines were average, pretty look but typical stereotypes, nothing special about them. :P
If I were that guy, I'd go for a more playful girl like Mitsuki or Mikoto like I did in the game anyway, but seems like with the situation the anime was set up. There's no way that's gonna happen though. Btw, isn't it look weird? Mitsuki & Mikoto were supposed to be the senpai but they're look much younger & more childish, lol.
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 04:00   Link #298
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

In all honesty, with the anime I'm hearing taking a different path from any of the game's arcs, I'm betting on the 'no-one-loses-everyone-wins' harem ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
And here I thought you would've learned a thing or two from Code Geass, my young Padawan.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 04:24   Link #299
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmm.

Call me suspicious, but the friendship Minato/Yuuhi won't last till the end of the show. I'm already willing to make this call. They are a little bit toooo easygoing with each other.
It won't last as in "yuri pairing", or as in "Minato will go all yandere on the bitch trying to steal her not-related-by-blood brother"?

Also, am I the only one wishing for a really out there past rather than a generic "He used to be a delinquent because he was lonely, but the power of love and friendship brought him back on track"? Something like "when we lived in the jungle, he used to wrestle panthers with his bare hands and help dad fight criminal organizations. Up until three years ago, there was a contract on his head."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 04:56   Link #300
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to octoberasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCrosse View Post
I definitely agree.
Spoiler:
Thank you for that image. I couldn't quite put my finger on it the entire time I was watching both episodes. I was telling myself: "Hinato looks so much like... now, who was it? Nah, can't be."

XD

But, the resemblance is uncanny. ^^;
Quote:
Spoiler:

Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed both episodes. It is formulaic and probably overly-cliched, but at the same time I enjoy watching romantic comedies. Most of the ones going from H-game to anime turn out enjoyable and actually really good-- "Shuffle" and "Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru" as examples. I haven't played the game, and I'm actually looking for it for PC. But, given what everyone said and feared about this becoming another "School Days," I however didn't get a hint of that in the first two episodes. But, I'll wait and see. For now, I got some offbeat, decent romantic comedy to watch in-between Toradora and Clannad ~ After Story ~ to watch now.

I'm going to stick to until the end. Maybe this show will surprise me or something, but at the moment I don't feel that it will. So, it'll probably take the typical harem-romantic comedy route as in many animes with a slight twist at the possibility that Juni'ichi and Hinato are actually related.

(And, I could be proven wrong in the end about those two...)

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, / I took the one less traveled by.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, romance, seinen