AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-30, 10:56   Link #1061
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
dare?
The guy promoting absurdness and running with the willd.
In regards to that, perhaps this episode should've been titled 'Genokiller'.
FatalMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 14:10   Link #1062
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
What exactly is a genokiller btw?
Genocide + killer = Genokiller? At least that's the link that my brain always makes when I hear his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
You are assuming way too much when you think that we all saw it this way. This is just your own personal projection on the thing. For me the one whom he loved looked more like Yuuhi while Minato he was merely confused about. So don't go off saying such phrases as 'we all knew' and so on, when it is your own personal projection. Well maybe thats because it didn't develop it fully and thats why not all of us knew whom he loved and whome he was infatuated with but for me it looked like he likes Yuuhi more than Minato for the majority of the time, rather than just being infatuated with, this is why I believe that Yuuhi ending would have suited it much better than rushed Minato one.
He ain't assuming to much. You got to be extremely delusional to really think that the series showed Yuuhi as his main/real interest. I mean this wasn't a Yuuhi vs Minato at all. This was clearly a serie of a guy which only trouble was was comming to peace with the fact that he loved his sister . Average serie anyway...

This is almost as hilarious as when you were calling Saito a rapist...
Old 2008-12-30, 14:37   Link #1063
chief

Send a message via MSN to chief
Kinda messed up though.. You know... Incest thing

جميع الهيل الرب إبليس! إبليس يقوم اكثر من عهد لنا جميعا في يوم اسود.. الحرب ستأتي!
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 15:13   Link #1064
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Genocide + killer = Genokiller? At least that's the link that my brain always makes when I hear his name.

He ain't assuming to much. You got to be extremely delusional to really think that the series showed Yuuhi as his main/real interest. I mean this wasn't a Yuuhi vs Minato at all. This was clearly a serie of a guy which only trouble was was comming to peace with the fact that he loved his sister . Average serie anyway...

This is almost as hilarious as when you were calling Saito a rapist...
My thoughts exactly! Yuuhi was used to get them out of the "norm" to make them realize their true feelis... its a pretty common tactic in these siscons genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Kinda messed up though.. You know... Incest thing
Well, it really depends if they really are blood related, which they obvioiusly are not. Then they are just two people who grew up together.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 17:02   Link #1065
Zippicus

Quote:
You must have missed those first 9 or 10 episodes where they portrayed Yuuhi and Junichi as getting closer and closer until they confessed to each other and made out a couple times.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 17:06   Link #1066
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
You must have missed those first 9 or 10 episodes where they portrayed Yuuhi and Junichi as getting closer and closer until they confessed to each other and made out a couple times.
It seems more one-sided to me.

That is, Yuuhi likes Junichi, but Junichi was undecided . Though he figures that if a gal likes him, he should reciprocate somewhat, which was the problem here since his feelings at that point were unsure until the end. In the end he realised he can't force himself to like a gal simply because the gal likes him.

Yuuhi knows this, that's why she was so pissed. Because Jun wasn't telling her what he really feels, or rather he never committed himself fully because of his uncertainty.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 17:14   Link #1067
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
It seems more one-sided to me.

That is, Yuuhi likes Junichi, but Junichi was undecided . Though he figures that if a gal likes him, he should reciprocate somewhat, which was the problem here since his feelings at that point were unsure until the end. In the end he realised he can't force himself to like a gal simply because the gal likes him.

Yuuhi knows this, that's why she was so pissed. Because Jun wasn't telling her what he really feels, or rather he never committed himself fully because of his uncertainty.
Yeah they tossed that at us in like episode 11 and expected us to just buy into it. He was into her from the first time he saw her and saved her from those dudes in episode 1.
Old 2008-12-30, 17:26   Link #1068
seiji_kun

Quote:
I didn't, but you missed the part where he was forcing himself to do that. Don't turn scenes to satisfie your personal preference, see scenes for what they are worth.

Quote:
Yeah they tossed that at us in like episode 11 and expected us to just buy into it. He was into her from the first time he saw her and saved her from those dudes in episode 1.
And he would've had done that for every girl. Though we're not going to denie that he did feel attracted to her but truly loving someone else is still different.
Old 2008-12-30, 17:36   Link #1069
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Only in episode 1.

From then on, I dun recall any other new development from Junichi whether he was really into Yuuhi, except for the different reactions he showed during the cruise ship episode. Generally, it seemed to me he wasn't really that interested from then on. But this is where the anime falters, with the failure to ascertain and emphasise his disinterest.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:05   Link #1070
Zippicus

Quote:
I didn't, but you missed the part where he was forcing himself to do that. Don't turn scenes to satisfie your personal preference, see scenes for what they are worth.
First, like I stated earlier in this thread it didn't really matter to me who ended up together. I don't really approach harem anime with that kind of mindset. Whoever ends up together in the end is fine with me as long as it makes sense.

The only part of the development with Yuuhi that looked forced at all to me was her moving into his house and calling herself his fiance. He was pretty annoyed at first but gradually warmed up to her to the point where they confessed to each other. He sure didn't look like he had to force himself to kiss her, any of the times he did. So I'm not sure who's wearing the rose colored glasses here
Old 2008-12-30, 18:33   Link #1071
seiji_kun

Quote:
First, like I stated earlier in this thread it didn't really matter to me who ended up together. I don't really approach harem anime with that kind of mindset. Whoever ends up together in the end is fine with me as long as it makes sense.

The only part of the development with Yuuhi that looked forced at all to me was her moving into his house and calling herself his fiance. He was pretty annoyed at first but gradually warmed up to her to the point where they confessed to each other. He sure didn't look like he had to force himself to kiss her, any of the times he did. So I'm not sure who's wearing the rose colored glasses here
Most defenitely you are, if you didn't even notice that he had to force himself to do that. And funny how you don't care all to much with who he ended up but are making such a huge Yuuhi defense. I got better things to do then educate people to understand the context of what they are seeing or arguing with delusional Yuuhi fans. Especially one who is trying to argue that he wasn't forcing himself to love Yuuhi instead of Minato.
Old 2008-12-30, 18:43   Link #1072
Zippicus

Quote:
Most defenitely you are, if you didn't even notice that he had to force himself to do that. And funny how you don't care all to much with who he ended up but are making such a huge Yuuhi defense. I got better things to do then educate people to understand the context of what they are seeing or arguing with delusional Yuuhi fans. Especially one who is trying to argue that he wasn't forcing himself to love Yuuhi instead of Minato.
I'm not really making any kind of defense. Had they switched roles and developed the hell out of Minato and pulled a surprise Yuuhi at the end I would be just as annoyed. Personally I liked Minato the best out of all the characters with Karen a close second.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-12-30 at 20:35. Reason: comment removed
Old 2008-12-30, 18:44   Link #1073
chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post

Well, it really depends if they really are blood related, which they obvioiusly are not. Then they are just two people who grew up together.
No....No when you grow up with someone and call them sister that's it. In less you are a sick enough perv to enjoy screaming out sister every time you nail her.

I mean... It is just wrong.

جميع الهيل الرب إبليس! إبليس يقوم اكثر من عهد لنا جميعا في يوم اسود.. الحرب ستأتي!
Old 2008-12-30, 18:47   Link #1074
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Meh, as long as it wasn't a 'real' harem ending, I'm happy. While it's true Yuuhi is still in the house, at least they made Genokiller pick and he went through with that decision.

As for the actual pairing itself, well, it's along the lines of other anime like Honey & Clover. It all came down to who do you want to be with vs. who you cannot be without. Not nearly as well done as other anime, though, since instead of exploring this conflict, the animators decided to 'waste time' on 'fillers' that concerened about the secondary character's story.

All in all, a C+ effort to me. Props to the animators for not going harem and actually putting some sort of resolution, but the middle was just so uninteresting because of the lack of focus.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:51   Link #1075
chief

Oh I'll admit I liked the show.. It did kinda go a little out there like...talking to bears. But it wasn't bad. Just.. Brother and sister... Even if you aren't blood related you grow up as brother and sister thats what you are.

Old 2008-12-30, 20:13   Link #1076
YourzZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Oh I'll admit I liked the show.. It did kinda go a little out there like...talking to bears. But it wasn't bad. Just.. Brother and sister... Even if you aren't blood related you grow up as brother and sister thats what you are.
Hmm, as I recall they weren't living together for that long right? I could be wrong though, perhaps i should rewatch the last ep.
YourzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 20:24   Link #1077
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Zippicus, just ignore seiji_kun, as he is obviously a rather rabid shipper, getting into discussion with him is the same as with wall of bricks.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 20:25   Link #1078
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

got the ending i liked, but it wasn't as fulfilling as i thought it'd be. But Yuuhi came back, so i guess it leaves room for interpretation. but Mina-chii was full of win. especially in the bathing suit at the end.

one point of confusion. why was he wearing his half gloves at the end?
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 20:29   Link #1079
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Actually it was never said that they are not blood related so it can still go taht or this way, so your statemnt as obviously not blood related is too strong in this situation.

In fact, if I remember correctly, they are blood related in the game, thus it is more legitimate for to believe them to be blood related rather than not as anime is still ambiguous about it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 20:33   Link #1080
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello.
It was a 3 week long break from anime for me. But since I came up with some sort of winter vacations, I decided I'd give it a try. Watched 2 episodes in a row. Raw. Right, and that's why I missed half of the dialogues. I actually tried to use the dictionary but there were too many unknown words for me to check for every single one.
Anyways I feel a bit crazy with this anime. One thing I can say is that people here were very keep about Minato.
But I didn't understand the whole Papa/Mama/Nago-nago thing. Just don't mind me saying it. It seems that lately my head simply doesn't work. Maybe writing a phd thesis is indeed bad for health, after all.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, romance, seinen