AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-01, 20:23   Link #121
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
lol, you should've been there during the live stream. It was horribly terrible
so i was technically okay with the stream that was put up later on.

Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:03   Link #122
sakuravs

[FENG] does have lots of money, after all. Last year, prior to the release day of the game, I remember it was put right on getchu first page. Now with the anime the related merchandises will profit them more.

Personally, I prefer watching anime made from eroge like this, provided that the art is good enough (at least not as terrible & sucked as the art in DCII anime), because in case if something goes arousing or fishy in the anime, we can just go back to play the game & satisfy ourselves.
Besides this one, Ef Melodies is also one of my highly anticipated for this Fall.
sakuravs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:49   Link #123
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Not a bad first episode, although since I'm not so fluent I missed 95% of the dialogue I was a little annoyed by the distance shots and odd camera angles at times, I like to actually see the character's faces while they're talking and it worries me if they're trying to save budget in the first episode. Guess I'll have to hope things don't get Cabbage Love-like later on...

But the character designs are good, Yuuhi's an interesting character (wouldn't have guessed it was Kugimiya), and I'm curious to find out exactly why Junichi...er, made the move he did near the end of the episode. Looking forward to the broadcast version...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 12:57   Link #124
serenade_beta
マジ天使

OP is... Mah, the visuals were okay, even though it was a confusing chaotic OP that fits somewhere else. The song... I'd prefer not to listen for extended periods of time.

ED's visuals are plain, but it's an ED, so this is good. Kugimiya sang it... At least it wasn't crap like her other EDs (stares at Zero no Tsukaima). Still not all that great though... Maybe the voice actors will take turns singing...

This doesn't seem too popular... ^^; Hyakko didn't seem to go all that well either.

Now then, about Mitsuki's amazing hairstyle...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 16:00   Link #125
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...This doesn't seem too popular... ^^; Hyakko didn't seem to go all that well either...
I haven't checked 2channel yet, but on AnimeSuki, most responses to Hyakko are comparatively positive (seven positive to two negative, among people who watched the episode). I expect you're right for Japanese otaku, though. That doesn't seem a 2channelers' sort of show.

About all I liked about this first episode was the ending and the final scene in class, to be truthful. I know the animation will look better in the non-streamed version, but this really stinks of School Days to me, which is by the same director and writer. I'm not expecting a bloody plot, but the (lack of) overall quality of the visual composition, dialogue (to the extent I understood it), pacing, etc., seems similar to me. But I'm certainly here for at least a couple more episodes. I do like Kugimiya's character. I'm not so sold on the lovely Hirano here, though, at this point.

I actually found Katou Emiri's ojousama voice good. Not as thoroughly haughty as a Tanaka Rie or a Sawashiro Miyuki, but with a charming undertone of freshness, and quite believable.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 16:33   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Guess I'm hoping for something with the atmosphere and characterization of Canvas 2 (no, not the plotlines ... just the "feel").

Worrisome to me that Kaoru Chujo is already wavering though -- but I'll wait til I see it (hopefully someone will get a sub going so I don't have to download the raw...)
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 22:19   Link #127
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
About all I liked about this first episode was the ending and the final scene in class, to be truthful.
Yeah, actually I don't find that all that surprising...
Spoiler for Episode 1 First Impressions:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:16   Link #128
Peanutbutter

Just finished the first episode.

Can't say there's anything special about it that strikes me so far. I don't know anything prior to the story and I'm catching this because of this cast.

Just like to say that Hirano Aya's Minato's voice kinda reminded me of Misa...I'm getting goosebumps already.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 00:21   Link #129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The Random Curiosity review gives me hope.... that this might be the comedy romance of the season so I'll probably give it at least five episodes to make its case.
Old 2008-10-03, 02:12   Link #130
monir
cho~ kakkoii

First series for this new season that featured some crotch-kicking fun.

I also smell harem. I'm all in.

Vexx: I'll eat my hat and call my dog a mongrel if this series has any kind of "feel" other than some sporadic moments of romance. It won't have any feel other than screaming harem. There will be comedy, but this particular "comedy" may not suit everyone's taste. Plot points won't be the show's strong suit.
Old 2008-10-03, 02:33   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah.. .you're predicting pure slapstick then ..... ah well - I'll turn off all expectation and just see what happens. If it is "Naru-Keitaro reductio absurdist" ... then it'll be a short ride. i've got plenty of examples of that on hand already. Maybe the amazing hairstyles will keep me interested
Old 2008-10-03, 04:15   Link #132
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
.....Wait, did Kaoru Chujo just say he's liking Rie Kugimiya's character, but not Aya Hirano's. Did Kaoru Chujo just critique an Aya Hirano performance.

Going to bed slowly tonight, hope I wake up in the morning, yes I do......

I think I just discovered the hidden 2.5th sign of the apocalypse between wars and mass famine.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 05:02   Link #133
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

ok first ep. the opening part was definitely a wtf hurr durr moment but i'm not really here for the plot anyways. came for the wonderful chara designs and excellent voice cast. (minato's got some dynamite legs!)
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:19   Link #134
expo25kr

If you want some very quickly done subs but want to watch you can download the .smi from my blog. Excuse my english please. I'm not too great at it.
expo25kr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:19   Link #135
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

About time someone move this thread to fansubbed section. Anon have just released episode 1 on toshokan
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:29   Link #136
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Havent watched it yet.
Still, I see Kugimiya-san in the cast list. She's like a multifunctional worker. I wonder if she works overtime.

expo25kr
.smi? You surely like to make things complicated.
I can see the text but I'd prefer a simple .txt for occasional reference

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:45   Link #137
expo25kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Havent watched it yet.
Still, I see Kugimiya-san in the cast list. She's like a multifunctional worker. I wonder if she works overtime.

expo25kr
.smi? You surely like to make things complicated.
I can see the text but I'd prefer a simple .txt for occasional reference
Sorry, I'm used to .smi files. A .smi file is essentially like a .ssa file in which you have a raw source, name the subtitled file the same as the raw so

eg:
Akane-iro01.avi
Akane-iro01.smi

make sure that they are in the same folder and then play the video on media player classic, vlc, or even windows media player.

.smi is useful in that people can modify it however they wish and also many korean fansubbers use this method so I am most used to it.

anyways, it seems that anon speed subs released the first episode also so you do not have to learn it. I will be subbing other anime and this one assuming that subs are still slow like yozakura quartet and shikibane as soon as I wake up from my 8 hour nap x_x

Last edited by expo25kr; 2008-10-03 at 10:49. Reason: anon-subs release
expo25kr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 12:57   Link #138
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ah.. .you're predicting pure slapstick then ..... ah well - I'll turn off all expectation and just see what happens. If it is "Naru-Keitaro reductio absurdist" ... then it'll be a short ride. i've got plenty of examples of that on hand already. Maybe the amazing hairstyles will keep me interested
It's always about the hair! Slap-stick might not be as extreme as Naru-Keitaro where Keitaro can be airborne at a moments notice. However, it seems, Kugimiya Rie has developed a liking for crotch-kicking recently as shown in Zero no Tsukaima. She indulged herself in every episode on Saito. I swear I saw Saito walking in episode 12 with a little "gap" as he took each of those strained stride.

And someone tell Kaioshin not to freak out. Kaoru doesn't mean it.... i think. So yes, the world isn't coming to an end. The sun will rise for him. Also tell him to wear some sun-screen when he goes out, and he will be fine.
Old 2008-10-03, 13:33   Link #139
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
.....Wait, did Kaoru Chujo just say he's liking Rie Kugimiya's character, but not Aya Hirano's. Did Kaoru Chujo just critique an Aya Hirano performance. Going to bed slowly tonight, hope I wake up in the morning, yes I do......I think I just discovered the hidden 2.5th sign of the apocalypse between wars and mass famine.
Lol. If you go back and check, I think you'll find two things. One, I have said I don't especially like Aaya in Zettai Karen Children and in Himawari. Two, even if I don't get what she's doing at first, I usually come around and realize how strong her performance is after a while (though not in those cases). She almost never takes an ordinary approach, but usually tries something outside the box. That is true in spades in Hyakko, but I'm not sure what's happening here, yet.

Kugimiya-san, on the other hand, is more professional and more ordinary, for me. I have never quite got why you or anyone else likes her so much...until now. I find that she's giving more depth and shape to her roles in this show and in Toradora. Or maybe I'm just learning to hear it.

I think Aaya works best where she can make the running. I don't think she's the best at fitting in with others. She was the star in Haruhi and Lucky Star and Daughter of Twenty-Faces, and everyone is trying something odd in Hyakko, so those work well. NANA was more stylized and dramatic, and I think she's great at that.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 14:10   Link #140
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hum, i actually liked this first episode quite more than i was expecting to. Comedy was hitting the right spot with me almost all the way, and comes across as quite refreshing. This is largely thanks to the male lead, whom i found pleasantly proactive in both his responses and actions. He might not be particularly smart, but he will be fun to watch, and for this we have to largely thank his two friends as well

The character design is fairly nice (though the council president's hair looked like some mutation of valkyrie's wings ) and the seiyuu are doing a fair job with bringing those characters to life, so i can see this being a fun ride. (though i found Minato's voice a bit hard to get accustomed to ..and the characters rarely seem to blink). I can see this being a fun ride all the way if they manage to keep up the craziness.

As for Yuuhi's announcement in the end ... i suppose it sets up for a nice case of some antics between the two ... i just hope she hasn't developed some tsundere tendencies because of Jun's hasty move in the classroom. This will surely take some time to straighten out ... which is kinda ironic in a way - it is safe to say she was developing a crush on him prior to the "kissing incident", so i think she would have likely been quite content with the arrangement, and the relationship would have likely developed somewhat smoothly. Now it is likely to be a bit of a bumpy ride, and all thanks to a kiss - its a bit amusing that a kiss will likely become the show stopper for a while

With all said and done, i enjoyed this episode more than i had expected with is good - something exceeding your expectations (even if at least initially) is a good way to start a show

Question to someone who has played the game *winks at relentless* : is Minato his actual sister, or what seem to be the usual case with such situations ? (I skimmed the game CG, and some 'events' made me question this

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, romance, seinen