AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-08-20, 02:39   Link #41
feRfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Shakespeare was a very wordy writer, nd looking at only his and saying its bad isn't right. You need to look at the more obscure and less well known english poets to get a true indication. My ex studies poetry and stuff, she has books that are full of stuff like that. Also, Japanese has a habit of throwing everything and the kitchin sink into its scentences. takes half an hour to say hello >.<

As i said, it's all in the use. you'll find wordy and not so wordyu poetry in both languages. Dosen't mean they aren't good. But this is heading off track.

Id there a release date on this yet, august is almost over and still nothing
The definition of poetry is condensed thought fyi. The less words used to express thought without losing meaning, the greater the poetry
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 22:10   Link #42
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Hey, Matt.

Are you changing the release date considering that it's about 1-2 weeks to go before September starts?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 22:55   Link #43
Matt122005

Maybe, not sure.

Also, AMERICAN NOW DEPARTED has been canceled for reasons I will not go into. Nothing serious though.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 00:47   Link #44
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

You mean the story? Oh well. Not that I know what it is.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2008-08-21, 19:23   Link #45
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
The definition of poetry is condensed thought fyi. The less words used to express thought without losing meaning, the greater the poetry
Yea, I agree. But IMO it depends on how it's used.

Getting off track here. Updates that we should know, Matt?

Old 2008-08-21, 19:49   Link #46
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
Then I guess the Japanese Haiku will be the greatest since it only allows 17 letters (Yes letters not words) and a word must be incorporated representing a season within the poem.
Ex; ふるいけや かわずとびこむ みずのおと (古池や 蛙飛び込む 水の音) by Matsuo Basho
Meaning, (In midst of dead silence you are even able to) hear a frog jumping into an old (small) pond.
Frog symbolizes the season meaning summer and the words within the brackets are not read but is left for the reader's interpretation symbolized through hearing a small tree frog or hyla jumping in.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 20:37   Link #47
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Then I guess the Japanese Haiku will be the greatest since it only allows 17 letters (Yes letters not words) and a word must be incorporated representing a season within the poem.
Ex; ふるいけや かわずとびこむ みずのおと (古池や 蛙飛び込む 水の音) by Matsuo Basho
Meaning, (In midst of dead silence you are even able to) hear a frog jumping into an old (small) pond.
Frog symbolizes the season meaning summer and the words within the brackets are not read but is left for the reader's interpretation symbolized through hearing a small tree frog or hyla jumping in.
Oh god. I remember I had to do a haiku back in elementary and when I graduated, the publishing company that printed them with my batch forgot to do mine and I lodged a complaint with the school doing it on my behalf...

Old 2008-08-21, 21:05   Link #48
Matt122005

No new updates. Oh, but I am in need of someone who can make a PDF file.

-Matt
Old 2008-08-22, 01:04   Link #49
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Only that eh? If I could only help... Thought you had that covered.

Let us known when the PDF issue's resolved.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2008-08-22 at 04:23.
Old 2008-08-22, 16:11   Link #50
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.rnm.lightnovel.org/

Link of the site. So far, not much yet.

Old 2008-08-22, 16:37   Link #51
NeoSam

ahh yeah, the site is still being worked on, its not officially open yet.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2008-08-22 at 16:42. Reason: ...
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 23:51   Link #52
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Wow, um, care to share your information? Google has never shown anything like that, and I have looked. The third free one? Interesting, I'd like links please.

Four official ones? Is that right? Links please.

Also, you'd be dead wrong to call us a FANFIC anthology. FANFICTION means that we are writings fiction based off existing properties. We are not, all stories are original to their authors and their authors alone.

As for Del Rey, get your info right, the magazine is called FAUST, and it came out TODAY. I am holding it. lol

Its a collection of stories from the 5 japanese FAUST magazines.

As for the release, we are finalizing the name.

How does Karui Shosetsu Magazine sound?

-Matt

PS. We may in the near future create a second magazine that would be published irregulerly that would be in the same vein as FAUST. But its still just an idea.
*sighs* here we go

Free Ones:
Living Blades, Run by 4 university students from Ohio. Ran from 97-03. Used translated material from actual light novels. I think i still have the odd isuue lying around somewhere

The FanFic Magazine, Run by a group of fans from london who wrote their own fanfic stories around anime and manga magazines. Ran from 04-06

Paid ones: Flashing Swords, another i used to get. Costs $7 an issue, still running (they produce both a print and a ebook version, as well as free versions of older works.)

As for Del Rey, nope it not FAUST, so YOU should go get your facts straight. They're in talks with 2 japanese publishers for rights to publish their ligh novels in a magazine format. How do i know it's not FAUST, 1) it hasnt been published yet, 2) it hasn't got a name yet, finally 3) they haven't got all the starting series sorted out yet.

It dosent take much to do some research Matt. Especially when your claiming to be the first at something. It pays to do it properly. Google is all well and good, but it's not the be all and end all of research. Al lot of info isnt on google, or indexed by them. You have to actually look through printed material *shock horror*
Old 2008-08-23, 02:00   Link #53
Matt122005

Ok, well, first off. All the magazines you listed are either TRANSLATED or FANFIC magazines.

Our magazine is the first OEL LIGHT NOVEL MAGAZINE that has completely original stories not based off anything.

As for the new del rey magazine, links? I am super excited about it.

-Matt

PS. I made a blog. lol

http://www.lightnovelauthor.blogspot.com
Old 2008-08-23, 03:09   Link #54
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Mat, try reading my post will you??

Flashing Swords are not fan fic, nor are the others it publishes (they have something like four different mags last time i looked). Nor are several others i just couldn't be bothered to list.

Before you go claiming to be the first to do something you need to properly research to see if you ARE the first. Usually you'll find you arent these days, as someone has already done it, just maybe not in the way or format your doing it.
Old 2008-08-23, 03:14   Link #55
Matt122005

Anyways, I need links. Please.

And, you didn't answer me about the Del Rey thing.

Thanks.

-Matt
Old 2008-08-23, 06:42   Link #56
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Why don't you do your own research? It's what a normal person would do. It's not that hard to track down past publications.

As for Del Rey, it came from a Del Rey rep i interviewed a month ago for my blog when i asked about FAUST and the possibility of a normal LN magazine. Again do your own research, i can be arsed to trawl through the web for you, do it yourself.

If you want to claim to be the first to something, make sure you can back it up. A few second google search isn't enough
Old 2008-08-23, 22:42   Link #57
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Cool down guys. No need to fight...

Old 2008-08-24, 01:06   Link #58
Matt122005

Then If I dont go through google, who the heck do I go through to find information? I'd like to know.

-Matt
Old 2008-08-24, 22:15   Link #59
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
ahh yeah, the site is still being worked on, its not officially open yet.
I have a feeling you guys may open it next month.

Old 2008-08-27, 02:50   Link #60
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Though I'm completely happy and supportive for something as productive as this, I really must express my sadness that this thread isn't about people wanting to post online free translations in formated chunks of novel series like Slayers and Spice and Wolf XD

Props to you! GL :]
Honestly, I'm 50: 50 about this. Yes, I wanna see more of them out in NA and in English-speaking countries, but maybe they should get the chance to get the limelight like the guys do in Japan.

PS: Matt, update please.