AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-02, 14:26   Link #10181
herbert

Great, Kagami won as planned.

Almost the best possible result for me. I can't believe it happened. I lost 4 of my top 5 girls in and before 2nd round, but the remaining one won at last. Too great.

Group 20 was actually the end of this year Saimoe. More than 3 months later, the results were still #1 Kagami, #2 Tsukasa, #3 Hina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
"Kagamin smacked Saimoe"
*Copy from Herbert
It's me or another Herbert? I didn't say that. I said "Kagami'll snack in Saimoe" because I have thought Saimoe would be a big candy house for Kagami (and Kagami loves snack).
Old 2008-11-02, 14:41   Link #10182
anadar121
Overworked Typesetter
*Scanlator

longtime lurker, first post here.
Despair when Hinagiku lost, but hey, a Kagamin is fine too. The three part hina combo nearly made up for it though.

Spoiler for Hina Combo as PNG:
Old 2008-11-02, 14:48   Link #10183
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Well, congrats to Kagami. I still like Tsukasa more, but can't win them all ^^;

Thanks for the great times everyone and ando especially for the coverage. See ya next year ^_^

Final saimoe 2008 entry
Old 2008-11-02, 15:03   Link #10184
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
For those of you who are looking for a place to lurk, ISML 2008 should remain open until Christmas. Alternatively, you can also discuss Saimoe at Rika-chama's hideout in #ISML @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2008-11-02, 15:36   Link #10185
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadar121 View Post
longtime lurker, first post here.
Despair when Hinagiku lost, but hey, a Kagamin is fine too. The three part hina combo nearly made up for it though.
Nice.. but looks like your browser isn't configured to view the japanese font quite right.. it should look like this:

Spoiler for jpg sorry.:

but please feel free to join us next year
Old 2008-11-02, 16:01   Link #10186
otacu
Flag forever

This was my third Saimoe on AS and i must say the most disappointing one in years.

Low vote counts, entire countries banned, low competition... nothing even close to the epic 2006 Final or even last year's final match.

I hope Saimoe 2009 will be overall a better one than this one.

Even this thread got almost 5000 replies less than last year's thread.
Old 2008-11-02, 16:15   Link #10187
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It

It's not so epic when you are not even given the opportunity to gloat over this faction amirite?
Old 2008-11-02, 16:16   Link #10188
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Well on the last point, the 2007 thread was mixed with Korean Best Moe as well as Saimoe, so that might be why the thread count is lower.
Old 2008-11-02, 16:31   Link #10189
todkapuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu View Post
This was my third Saimoe on AS and i must say the most disappointing one in years.

Low vote counts, entire countries banned, low competition... nothing even close to the epic 2006 Final or even last year's final match.

I hope Saimoe 2009 will be overall a better one than this one.

Even this thread got almost 5000 replies less than last year's thread.
Actually there are significantly more posts this year related to saimoe than last year... last year's thread had Bestmoe and Saimoe AND Seimoe that all happened at the same time... and then it continued on into Super Best Moe... so I think breaking the 10,000 mark, AND not getting the thread locked once during the whole event is a good thing... people were much more civil this year on a whole.
Old 2008-11-02, 16:33   Link #10190
otacu
Flag forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's not so epic when you are not even given the opportunity to gloat over this faction amirite?
With a vote count rarely over 2000 in the final part of the tournament is hard to get the feeling it was a good saimoe.
Last Year we even got around 3400...twice.

The japanese staff has to think about this data when planning Saimoe 2009 cause their tournament really went downhill this year.
Old 2008-11-02, 16:49   Link #10191
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It

Quote:
With a vote count rarely over 2000 in the final part of the tournament is hard to get the feeling it was a good saimoe.
Last Year we even got around 3400...twice.

The japanese staff has to think about this data when planning Saimoe 2009 cause their tournament really went downhill this year.
So the vote count is a measure to seize how good a tournament is? When I see upsets like Haruka over Rika or Fuuko over Fate, I do not call it failure. Imo, failure comes when the fans basically give up and let the usual ones grab the crown instead of fighting for it. I want to see dedication from the voters, even those who voted for the finalists have come so far while knowing they could be knocked out anytime.
Old 2008-11-02, 16:51   Link #10192
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

When vote totals in a moe tournament continue to drop from year to year. Yes, I would consider it a failure.

2006 was It's prime, and It's been fading into the abyss ever after.
Old 2008-11-02, 16:55   Link #10193
otacu
Flag forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
So the vote count is a measure to seize how good a tournament is? When I see upsets like Haruka over Rika or Fuuko over Fate, I do not call it failure. Imo, failure comes when the fans basically give up and let the usual ones grab the crown instead of fighting for it.
I did not call it a failure .... i only said it was disappointing compared to the past years.
But if you are so overly defensive i guess i hit a nerve.

Btw vote count is important to measure the partecipation and interest around a contest.... this year there was a big decrease in the voters (-30%?). We should just accept this FACT
Old 2008-11-02, 17:08   Link #10194
todkapuz

Quote:
I did not call it a failure .... i only said it was disappointing compared to the past years.
But if you are so overly defensive i guess i hit a nerve.

Btw vote count is important to measure the partecipation and interest around a contest.... this year there was a big decrease in the voters (-30%?). We should just accept this FACT
The other aspect we have to consider is the bans were much more rigid this year than last year... which I think had something to do with it ... but then again Koren Bestmoe is becoming the international standard, because of it's ease of use and support in so many languages...

I still perfer the style of the 2ch run saimoe... but its getting harder and harder to get people into it... especally since so many people outside (and maybe inside?) are banned.
Old 2008-11-02, 17:08   Link #10195
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It

Older series are losing their mojo, people are growing weary and jaded over this contest, voters are becoming better organized and more dedicated, new series are coming and rising to power. Saimoe is changing, it is just too bad it is not in favor of the same old favorites.
Old 2008-11-02, 17:12   Link #10196
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
The other aspect we have to consider is the bans were much more rigid this year than last year... which I think had something to do with it ... but then again Koren Bestmoe is becoming the international standard, because of it's ease of use and support in so many languages...

I still perfer the style of the 2ch run saimoe... but its getting harder and harder to get people into it... especally since so many people outside (and maybe inside?) are banned.
Considering how voting forms are transforming from 2ch's "Wait 2 hours code" to a simple 5-second click and run, J Saimoe will have to regroup and reform if they want to come back to their peak year in 2006.
Old 2008-11-02, 17:13   Link #10197
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

More like strategic votes are rising to power and knocking out all the old favorites.
Old 2008-11-02, 17:16   Link #10198
otacu
Flag forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
When vote totals in a moe tournament continue to drop from year to year. Yes, I would consider it a failure.

2006 was It's prime, and It's been fading into the abyss ever after.

Average of the last 15 matches in 2007 (from round 4 to final) : 2541

Average of the last 15 matches in 2008 (from round 4 to final) : 2059

-500 voters in one year
How should i call this?
Old 2008-11-02, 17:17   Link #10199
Hammy
slice of life otaku

im wondering if the lack of Rozen Maiden in this year's tournament may have been another factor in the decrease of votes compared to last year
Old 2008-11-02, 17:18   Link #10200
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It

If there are strategic votes, they are way less obvious than in 2007. So Rena's defeat to Miyako was the fruit of a hideous conspiration meant to prevent a Higurashi repeat? Sure.
Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, moe, saimoe