AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-02, 14:26   Link #10181
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Great, Kagami won as planned.

Almost the best possible result for me. I can't believe it happened. I lost 4 of my top 5 girls in and before 2nd round, but the remaining one won at last. Too great.

Group 20 was actually the end of this year Saimoe. More than 3 months later, the results were still #1 Kagami, #2 Tsukasa, #3 Hina.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
"Kagamin smacked Saimoe"
*Copy from Herbert
It's me or another Herbert? I didn't say that. I said "Kagami'll snack in Saimoe" because I have thought Saimoe would be a big candy house for Kagami (and Kagami loves snack).
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 14:41   Link #10182
anadar121
Overworked Typesetter
*Scanlator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
longtime lurker, first post here.
Despair when Hinagiku lost, but hey, a Kagamin is fine too. The three part hina combo nearly made up for it though.

Spoiler for Hina Combo as PNG:
anadar121 is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 14:48   Link #10183
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Well, congrats to Kagami. I still like Tsukasa more, but can't win them all ^^;

Thanks for the great times everyone and ando especially for the coverage. See ya next year ^_^

Final saimoe 2008 entry
__________________
Micchi is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 15:03   Link #10184
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
For those of you who are looking for a place to lurk, ISML 2008 should remain open until Christmas. Alternatively, you can also discuss Saimoe at Rika-chama's hideout in #ISML @ irc.rizon.net
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 15:36   Link #10185
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston (Clear Lake), TX
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadar121 View Post
longtime lurker, first post here.
Despair when Hinagiku lost, but hey, a Kagamin is fine too. The three part hina combo nearly made up for it though.
Nice.. but looks like your browser isn't configured to view the japanese font quite right.. it should look like this:

Spoiler for jpg sorry.:


but please feel free to join us next year
__________________
Congats to Kagami for 2008 Saimoe and Horo for 2008 Bestmoe!
Yukkuri Reimu Saves the Shrine? --Baka-Baka!
todkapuz is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 16:01   Link #10186
otacu
Flag forever
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
This was my third Saimoe on AS and i must say the most disappointing one in years.

Low vote counts, entire countries banned, low competition... nothing even close to the epic 2006 Final or even last year's final match.

I hope Saimoe 2009 will be overall a better one than this one.


Even this thread got almost 5000 replies less than last year's thread.
otacu is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 16:15   Link #10187
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
It's not so epic when you are not even given the opportunity to gloat over this faction amirite?
Sheba is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 16:16   Link #10188
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Well on the last point, the 2007 thread was mixed with Korean Best Moe as well as Saimoe, so that might be why the thread count is lower.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 16:31   Link #10189
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston (Clear Lake), TX
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu View Post
This was my third Saimoe on AS and i must say the most disappointing one in years.

Low vote counts, entire countries banned, low competition... nothing even close to the epic 2006 Final or even last year's final match.

I hope Saimoe 2009 will be overall a better one than this one.


Even this thread got almost 5000 replies less than last year's thread.
Actually there are significantly more posts this year related to saimoe than last year... last year's thread had Bestmoe and Saimoe AND Seimoe that all happened at the same time... and then it continued on into Super Best Moe... so I think breaking the 10,000 mark, AND not getting the thread locked once during the whole event is a good thing... people were much more civil this year on a whole.
__________________
Congats to Kagami for 2008 Saimoe and Horo for 2008 Bestmoe!
Yukkuri Reimu Saves the Shrine? --Baka-Baka!
todkapuz is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 16:33   Link #10190
otacu
Flag forever
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's not so epic when you are not even given the opportunity to gloat over this faction amirite?
With a vote count rarely over 2000 in the final part of the tournament is hard to get the feeling it was a good saimoe.
Last Year we even got around 3400...twice.

The japanese staff has to think about this data when planning Saimoe 2009 cause their tournament really went downhill this year.
otacu is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 16:49   Link #10191
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu View Post
With a vote count rarely over 2000 in the final part of the tournament is hard to get the feeling it was a good saimoe.
Last Year we even got around 3400...twice.

The japanese staff has to think about this data when planning Saimoe 2009 cause their tournament really went downhill this year.
So the vote count is a measure to seize how good a tournament is? When I see upsets like Haruka over Rika or Fuuko over Fate, I do not call it failure. Imo, failure comes when the fans basically give up and let the usual ones grab the crown instead of fighting for it. I want to see dedication from the voters, even those who voted for the finalists have come so far while knowing they could be knocked out anytime.
Sheba is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 16:51   Link #10192
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
When vote totals in a moe tournament continue to drop from year to year. Yes, I would consider it a failure.

2006 was It's prime, and It's been fading into the abyss ever after.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 16:55   Link #10193
otacu
Flag forever
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
So the vote count is a measure to seize how good a tournament is? When I see upsets like Haruka over Rika or Fuuko over Fate, I do not call it failure. Imo, failure comes when the fans basically give up and let the usual ones grab the crown instead of fighting for it.
I did not call it a failure .... i only said it was disappointing compared to the past years.
But if you are so overly defensive i guess i hit a nerve.

Btw vote count is important to measure the partecipation and interest around a contest.... this year there was a big decrease in the voters (-30%?). We should just accept this FACT
otacu is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 17:08   Link #10194
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston (Clear Lake), TX
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu View Post
I did not call it a failure .... i only said it was disappointing compared to the past years.
But if you are so overly defensive i guess i hit a nerve.

Btw vote count is important to measure the partecipation and interest around a contest.... this year there was a big decrease in the voters (-30%?). We should just accept this FACT
The other aspect we have to consider is the bans were much more rigid this year than last year... which I think had something to do with it ... but then again Koren Bestmoe is becoming the international standard, because of it's ease of use and support in so many languages...

I still perfer the style of the 2ch run saimoe... but its getting harder and harder to get people into it... especally since so many people outside (and maybe inside?) are banned.
__________________
Congats to Kagami for 2008 Saimoe and Horo for 2008 Bestmoe!
Yukkuri Reimu Saves the Shrine? --Baka-Baka!
todkapuz is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 17:08   Link #10195
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Older series are losing their mojo, people are growing weary and jaded over this contest, voters are becoming better organized and more dedicated, new series are coming and rising to power. Saimoe is changing, it is just too bad it is not in favor of the same old favorites.
Sheba is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 17:12   Link #10196
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
The other aspect we have to consider is the bans were much more rigid this year than last year... which I think had something to do with it ... but then again Koren Bestmoe is becoming the international standard, because of it's ease of use and support in so many languages...

I still perfer the style of the 2ch run saimoe... but its getting harder and harder to get people into it... especally since so many people outside (and maybe inside?) are banned.
Considering how voting forms are transforming from 2ch's "Wait 2 hours code" to a simple 5-second click and run, J Saimoe will have to regroup and reform if they want to come back to their peak year in 2006.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 17:13   Link #10197
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
More like strategic votes are rising to power and knocking out all the old favorites.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 17:16   Link #10198
otacu
Flag forever
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
When vote totals in a moe tournament continue to drop from year to year. Yes, I would consider it a failure.

2006 was It's prime, and It's been fading into the abyss ever after.

Average of the last 15 matches in 2007 (from round 4 to final) : 2541

Average of the last 15 matches in 2008 (from round 4 to final) : 2059

-500 voters in one year
How should i call this?
otacu is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 17:17   Link #10199
Hammy
slice of life otaku
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
im wondering if the lack of Rozen Maiden in this year's tournament may have been another factor in the decrease of votes compared to last year
Hammy is offline  
Old 2008-11-02, 17:18   Link #10200
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
If there are strategic votes, they are way less obvious than in 2007. So Rena's defeat to Miyako was the fruit of a hideous conspiration meant to prevent a Higurashi repeat? Sure.
Sheba is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, moe, saimoe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.