AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-11, 09:36   Link #561
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Spoiler for Result Groups 1-2:

Results sponsored by I seem to have nothing better to do.

Never forget
Old 2008-08-11, 09:40   Link #562
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Might as well.
Spoiler for Matches Groups 3-4:

Never forget
Old 2008-08-11, 10:06   Link #563
seemmeriast

My Votes:
Group 3: Fuko Ibuki (CLANNAD)
Gruop 4: Kirino Chiba (Bamboo Blade)
Old 2008-08-11, 10:09   Link #564
anselfir
Style Über Alles

goddamn they killed the bunny.
Old 2008-08-11, 10:12   Link #565
kyon91
Starcraft 2 player

Send a message via Yahoo to kyon91
Golden Darkness won! How unexpected. The Gintama and Hitmans fanbases don't seem as strong as I thought.
YAY Nagi ♥
Old 2008-08-11, 10:15   Link #566
CrowKenobi

My votes for Groups 3 & 4:

3: Horo (more than likely a second place vote )
4: Yuko

Old 2008-08-11, 10:24   Link #567
wontaek

Here is full link for today's result for those who would like to see the analysis

Spoiler for analysis of group 1 - 2:
Old 2008-08-11, 11:15   Link #568
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Tactical voting in Group 2... Mission accomplished! The bunny is down for the count. XD

My vote : Nunnally Lamperouge (Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2)
Well, I was kinda hoping for SuzaXNuna, but considering the last episode....

My vote : Miyako Miyazaki (Bamboo Blade)
Just like in the series, underdog ftw!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-08-11, 11:40   Link #569
imbehindyou
turn around...

Oh wow, I didn't expect Yagyu Kyubei to advance instead of Chrome Dokuro.
2-0.

Votes
Group 3: Horo
Group 4: Minami Haruka

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2008-08-11, 12:16   Link #570
wontaek

As most of you either know or suspect from the moe comments, there exist bitter divide between female fans and male fans in Korean Best Moe. The only 'faction' that stayed above the fray is the International voters, mostly because they don't know Korean. This divide has potential to ruin the tournament, just like what racism could have in 2007. As of then, the best way to dilute this bitterness and heal the divide is the participation of Non-Korean Voters, and most powerful of all the tools is a moe comment in language other than Korean. Even a single sentence in English, Japanese, Chinese, or any other language other than Korean has a tendency of making Koreans pause and perhaps rethink about what they were doing. If you have not done already, I beg of you to post any statements, perhaps with some pictures or animated pictures, on the moe comment. People do read them, and it is possible that these non-korean posts have more effect compared to Korean post in generating support for your characters due to various reasons. Thank you for your help, time, and effort which will lead to a better and more enjoyable moe tournament.
Old 2008-08-11, 12:47   Link #571
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
ARIA Support Video for the Best Moe 2008

Bump.

Tough choice between Horo and Kana, but Horo is probably guaranteed, so I'll be voting both Minami sisters this time.
Old 2008-08-11, 12:48   Link #572
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@Wontaek
Really now? Big divide between the male and female voters? I guess that only serves to point that CC will be the eventual champion, since AFAIK only CG is getting massive support from both sexes. But right now I'm feeling really lazy, so maybe in the battle royale round where campaigning is most needed (what are the odds again, 1 in 28 characters advance in the repechage round?)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-08-11, 12:51   Link #573
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

I am relieved the bunny did not make it in. Too close for comfort. Good start at 2-0.

Group 3: Horo. This group is really tough. While Nunnally's personality is nice, Kana is lovable in her stupidity and Fuuko is cute (and that's about it), I'm going to go with Horo for this one. Playful and cute... I love wolfgirls XD

Group 4: Kirino Chiba. This one came mainly down to Kirino and Haruka. The moe comments swayed my vote.
Old 2008-08-11, 13:22   Link #574
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Wontaek
Really now? Big divide between the male and female voters? I guess that only serves to point that CC will be the eventual champion, since AFAIK only CG is getting massive support from both sexes. But right now I'm feeling really lazy, so maybe in the battle royale round where campaigning is most needed (what are the odds again, 1 in 28 characters advance in the repechage round?)
If you follow the vote analysis, you will see that certain anime series gets mostly female votes while some other gets almost no female votes. Females and males supporting different character was the source of the headache for the Male division of Best Moe 2008, and it has recently gotten worse when heightened competition between worthy characters have generated notable casualties on both side. The increase of total votes to 4500 may partly be due to the fact that some fanatics are spending big money to visit multiple publicly available terminals to cast votes for their character. It is not easy to catch someone if someone votes in a public library, move to nearby college and university to cast some votes, then to a PC cafe or PC game center to cast more, take a bus to next library and do over and such.( Yes some people just don't have a life ). While we believe number of these fanatics are few, we cannot ignore the fact that they try to enhance their support with either reverse psychology or negative attacks on calculated candidates. As with the last year's racist crisis, one of the most effective antidote still is comments in language other than Koreans, which has effect of making these fanatics reconsider the effect of their action and also the image they may be sending to people around the world. Non-Korean Moe Comment also serves as good rally ground around which casual supporters can claim that their support is not biased or prejudiced support of certain anime series. Finally, knowing that there is a large number of people who can't be affected by bickering among Koreans gives tremendous relief to casual voters. For these reasons and others, I am begging the support of people outside of Korea, and asking for posts of moe comments not in Korean.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:07   Link #575
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

YES, that damn rabbit is out. Awesome result in group 2, glad Katsura made it as well. 2-0 for today.

G3: Horo - Obvious vote. I would rather cut my leg than voting Fuko and Nunally is not my definition of moe
G4: lol @the Bamboo Blade match-up. Kirino gets my vote here.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:34   Link #576
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Wontaek
According to my rankings after Round 2 - my statistics support your claim, as C.C. is ranked #1 with 900 points above Hinagiku Katsura. However, from personal experience in Saimoe, I can guarantee 97% that C.C. will not win Korea Best Moe, only because of the nature of the one-vs-one format attracting not only love, but hate as well.

scoresheet most likely will be posted on Friday.
Old 2008-08-11, 16:20   Link #577
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
I decided to join the fun this year too
so yesterday is 1-1 for me (Sanae and Nagi)
Today will be Horo and Minami Haruka

@wontaek - I'm rather shocked to know, that the battle between male and female Korean voters is so fierce I hope that it won't ruin the whole contest

As for now I'm still one of the few voters, who put images and comments in English

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2008-08-11, 16:29   Link #578
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I would rather cut my leg than voting Fuko and Nunally is not my definition of moe
Aside from that, it's an easy vote for the Minami sisters today.

Spoiler for Why I love Kana:
Old 2008-08-11, 16:31   Link #579
OverFunk
2014 is the year

I was going to let the support sway me... some cute wolf there, but voted Boss & Lion in the end.

Never forget
Old 2008-08-11, 21:41   Link #580
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
If you follow the vote analysis, you will see that certain anime series gets mostly female votes while some other gets almost no female votes. Females and males supporting different character was the source of the headache for the Male division of Best Moe 2008, and it has recently gotten worse when heightened competition between worthy characters have generated notable casualties on both side. The increase of total votes to 4500 may partly be due to the fact that some fanatics are spending big money to visit multiple publicly available terminals to cast votes for their character. It is not easy to catch someone if someone votes in a public library, move to nearby college and university to cast some votes, then to a PC cafe or PC game center to cast more, take a bus to next library and do over and such.( Yes some people just don't have a life ). While we believe number of these fanatics are few, we cannot ignore the fact that they try to enhance their support with either reverse psychology or negative attacks on calculated candidates. As with the last year's racist crisis, one of the most effective antidote still is comments in language other than Koreans, which has effect of making these fanatics reconsider the effect of their action and also the image they may be sending to people around the world. Non-Korean Moe Comment also serves as good rally ground around which casual supporters can claim that their support is not biased or prejudiced support of certain anime series. Finally, knowing that there is a large number of people who can't be affected by bickering among Koreans gives tremendous relief to casual voters. For these reasons and others, I am begging the support of people outside of Korea, and asking for posts of moe comments not in Korean.
hahaha oh wow. i'd have imagined the division to be young vs old. i'll support the girls, who are at least able to put forward refined choices once in a while.

Tags
k-moe, saimoe