AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Vampire Knight

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 11 26.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 24.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 21.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 14.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-23, 14:29   Link #1
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author

Vampire Knight - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Vampire Knight, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2008-06-23, 14:59   Link #2
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

2nd to last episode of the season. Looking forward to it
Old 2008-06-23, 16:06   Link #3
cristina_xv
Disabled By Request

They are so mean

Old 2008-06-23, 18:31   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

I was just thinking how good this episode was when I saw the end credits, and realized that the storyboard was done by Gotoh Keiji, the well-known animator, and director of shows like Kiddy Grade, Uta~Kata and Gigantic Formula.

This epsiode was written by the main writer of the series, Okada Mari, who also wrote true tears and many episodes of Simoun. The episode director was Tsuchiya Akira, who did several episodes each of Ai yori Aoshi and Maburaho.
Spoiler for ep12 rough summary:
This is one of the few shows that makes my heart involuntarily beat faster from the start. Great use of music and good pacing in this ep.

By the way, it has now been confirmed that season two will start in October.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule | characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr | Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka to Assistant | Inugami to Nekoyama | Soul Eater Not | No Game No Life | Gochuumon Usagi? | Nanana's Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou | Minna Kawaisou | Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Sidonia | Black Bullet | Ping Pong | Blade & Soul

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-24 at 00:36.
Old 2008-06-24, 05:05   Link #5
Nemuru

Spoiler for episode 12:
Old 2008-06-24, 06:25   Link #6
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep 12:

Overall great episode and now onto the finale!
Old 2008-06-24, 10:57   Link #7
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Spoiler for This Ep:

I saw in a past episode, where there were many flashbacks of Kaname... I thought he got treated like crap in his household back then? But he seems so composed at all times, and has the masterplan all set up apparently (collecting pieces at the Academy). I want to know more about him .

Great episode again. Honestly though, there were some scenes where I thought that the quality dropped dramatically. It ain't right for them to slack at the 2nd last ep! Maybe they plan to bring it up really high next week to make it seem even better. But it better be that or whatever else reason, Vampire Knight without quality isn't as enjoyable. Especially the last episode of the season..

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-06-24, 12:07   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Spoiler for This Ep:
Spoiler for this ep:
I also didn't think the quality was that bad in this ep. I think it looked a bit different, maybe with richer tones of color, but not anywhere near as off-model as in some previous episodes (e.g., pinhead Zero). I imagined that some of the different look could be ascribed to the involvement of Gotoh Keiji. In any case, I'm one of those who doesn't get too bothered by what a show looks like, except in extreme cases, so it's legit that you may see it differently. I admire anime that can do things cheaply, but well enough, so that they can make more of the same.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule | characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr | Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka to Assistant | Inugami to Nekoyama | Soul Eater Not | No Game No Life | Gochuumon Usagi? | Nanana's Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou | Minna Kawaisou | Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Sidonia | Black Bullet | Ping Pong | Blade & Soul
Old 2008-06-24, 12:20   Link #9
LKK

I've been frequently disappointed with the character renderings throughout the series. Badly drawn faces in particular. However, I don't remember anything jumping out at me and yelling "UGLY!" during episode 12. Of course, your mileage may vary. For me though, I won't be dropping my grade a point because of horrible animation like I've done for some episodes in the past.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
Old 2008-06-24, 12:29   Link #10
Irkalla
I asked for this

Cool episode, but makes me kinda sad to know that next week is the final ep in this season

Btw, I didn't quite get Kain's gesture towards Ruka? Was it like, please dance with me, or like, I'm saddened because you refuse to accept my feelings Either way it looked cool and the music went well with it too.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:16   Link #11
wtfftw

arent there only a few pure bloods left then why kill each other whats the point
Old 2008-06-24, 13:16   Link #12
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
For some reason the link for Shokudan torrent download doesn't work so i didn't see the full episode. But for the scenes that I have seen I have to admit that I liked it and that I can't wait till October. This is cruel.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:52   Link #13
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The scene where Zero shot himself on the leg, and then proceeded to shoot Shizuka multiple times is absolutely badass!
Old 2008-06-24, 14:31   Link #14
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

No it isn't
But man was this episode short ._.
But yea these Yuuki hugging Zero scenes are very annoying >_< ...
and geesh Ruka is so mean to Kain she should have danced with him
And the Chairman was an Vampire Hunter ?
Old 2008-06-24, 14:56   Link #15
Nvis
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I've been frequently disappointed with the character renderings throughout the series. Badly drawn faces in particular. However, I don't remember anything jumping out at me and yelling "UGLY!" during episode 12. Of course, your mileage may vary. For me though, I won't be dropping my grade a point because of horrible animation like I've done for some episodes in the past.
Because with a hottie like Shizuka(and Marie), the episode/art can't be ugly.

BTW, what happened to Marie?
Old 2008-06-24, 15:06   Link #16
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
No it isn't
But man was this episode short ._.
But yea these Yuuki hugging Zero scenes are very annoying >_< ...
and geesh Ruka is so mean to Kain she should have danced with him
And the Chairman was an Vampire Hunter ?
haha what you mean? those scenes are my favorites!! (i guess you are not so much with this pair.

The animation quality from this episode was .... lame. And i dont like how they made the scene were Shizuka bites Zero.. in the manga it was a lot hotter... not my favorite episode... animation budget must be bigger when the series have this success... but it seems smaller...
Old 2008-06-24, 18:34   Link #17
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I like this show, but the crappy animation is really starting to annoy me. It just looked like they weren't trying at all this time. And still, Yuuki is as weak and stupid as ever...

I'm having a bad day, so I'm being extra-critical. I still like Vampire Knight, even though it doesn't seem like it ~ !

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control ~ !
Old 2008-06-24, 23:05   Link #18
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

yeah, i really don't like how they dumbed down yuuki so much. oh well, new manga chapter soon.

i feel bad for Kain
Old 2008-06-24, 23:34   Link #19
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I know doesn't Ruka know that Kaname doesn't want her he want's yuuki ..and not her ..
she should just give Kain a chance
Old 2008-06-25, 00:36   Link #20
m1thril

aw..too bad shizuka dies...i liked her character
Closed Thread