AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-28, 10:58   Link #19981
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
Quote:
We're not talking about the little girl, we're talking about the woman who is C.C. today.
Yes, but you said that she was selfish because she was manipulating all those people to love her when she was a slave girl and then wanting to be loved again now.
Arabesque is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 10:59   Link #19982
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
We're not talking about the little girl, we're talking about the woman who is C.C. today.



What do you mean? The basis for this discussion is from the show itself. What we are discussing, though, is a hypothetical scenario.

Were? I don't see anything implying that she may not have regained her immortality.
At the moment she regain her memories, she regain her code, and her immortality.

If you say otherwise, you must advance some proof, or at least a plausible argument, or something to support your talks.

And not just tell some random "theories".
Franckisted is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 10:59   Link #19983
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 25
Sorry to go off topic but we're 1000 pages in...
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:01   Link #19984
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Yes, but you said that she was selfish because she was manipulating all those people to love her when she was a slave girl and then wanting to be loved again now.
That person is the one with Geass, we are talking about the slave girl before getting Geass. The little girl before she met the Nun. The person after, was turned into a 'demon'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
Were? I don't see anything implying that she may not have regained her immortality.
At the moment she regain her memories, she regain her code, and her immortality.

If you say otherwise, you must advance some proof, or at least a plausible argument, or something to support your talks.

And not just tell some random "theories".
No, no. We all know she is immortal again. We are talking about in Ep.21, if she walks out with her memories but is mortal or not.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:01   Link #19985
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
Does that mean the thread well be closed
Arabesque is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:02   Link #19986
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
So you're telling me that people who, in a rush of hormones and testosterone, kill someone unwittingly to survive (an instinct) is similar to someone openly seeking to be killed and planning it ahead of time? Plotting automatically removes the basis for it being instinctual, and we know C.C. has been plotting her own agenda.
In a thought spot you create a plot to increase you'r chances to survive. Just because of the instict. Simple as that. I won't even bother arguing something like this anymore

Quote:
No. She gave them unbridled power. Any person with half a brain will tell you that 9 out of 10 times that will not end well. Unless you're going to tell me C.C. used a thorough screening process to check who she gave her geass too.
Well, it's been proven that C.C was monitoring L.L to some extend.
Maybe she even formed the pact with him because of that. We'r yet to know, but even from my point of the view it sounds far too redicilous. Still we won't know if this is false or not.
Also, I can't really see how % would make you quilty... Well, mather of an opinion.

Quote:
No. Throwing a rock is not giving Humans ultimate power, your anology is absolutely terrible. The more appropriate scenario is the one village one gun scenario. Where you give one person a gun to protect themselves, while not giving it to everyone else. Do you know what happens in that scenario? The village is wiped out.
Giving a power doesn't inevitabily mean that a disaster will occur. That's a simple fact. The very same aplies to geass. The village won't nessescarily get wiped out. It's only possibility, it's a %, a chance... As I've stated many times: You can't find ought from is, meaning: You can't say how things are ought to be/turn out by just seeing how things are..
This aplies in this case aswell, Giving a gun in that case doesn't mean the village will get wiped out, that's it. It might get wiped out or not. You'll only see by testing and each proccess in unique.
Just stop claiming something which is totally not true.
__________________
whiter is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:02   Link #19987
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
He could have stopped using after that, but he continued using it even though she did tell him that it will become stronger. It was Lelouch's choice to use the Geass after the events in episode 1.
What part of "doesn't understand what he has" did you miss?

Lelouch wasn't explained the details of this thing. Just vague bs.

It actually would make for a funny 4koma... C.C sitting on the edge of a table saying "We have a deal?" and Lelouch signing for it, loving the power at first, then jump forward and him saying "Shoulda read the fine print."

(Jeez 1000 pages!)
Orga777 is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:02   Link #19988
Franckisted
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lebanon
Quote:
No, no. We all know she is immortal again. We are talking about in Ep.21, if she walks out with her memories but is mortal or not.
What? Huh? You tell me "we know she is immortal" and after "is mortal or not?"
Isn't that what we call a "contradiction"?
Franckisted is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:05   Link #19989
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
What? Huh? You tell me "we know she is immortal" and after "is mortal or not?"
Isn't that what we call a "contradiction"?
... We know that C.C. is currently immortal. The discussion which you seem to have missed or jumped into halfway is for after Ep.21 where she may possible walk out of Akasha without her code and her memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
In a thought spot you create a plot to increase you'r chances to survive. Just because of the instict. Simple as that. I won't even bother arguing something like this anymore
How is a rush of hormones a plot? That is your body reacting without your actual concious concent. That is an instinct. Something that occurs without one's own will influencing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Well, it's been proven that C.C was monitoring L.L to some extend.
Maybe she even formed the pact with him because of that. We'r yet to know, but even from my point of the view it sounds far too redicilous. Still we won't know if this is false or not.
Also, I can't really see how % would make you quilty... Well, mather of an opinion.
Yes, monitoring Lelouch. Not Mao who she said she just found. She also had a prior agenda in regards to Lelouch with Marianne. Mao is the example of just spreading Geass, Lelouch is an example of an anomally because of a plot by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Giving a power doesn't inevitabily mean that a disaster will occur. That's a simple fact. The very same aplies to geass. The village won't nessescarily get wiped out. It's only possibility, it's a %, a chance... As I've stated many times: You can't find ought from is, meaning: You can't say how things are ought to be/turn out by just seeing how things are..
This aplies in this case aswell, Giving a gun in that case doesn't mean the village will get wiped out, that's it. It might get wiped out or not. You'll only see by testing and each proccess in unique.
Just stop claiming something which is totally not true.
As I said, any normal person will tell you that giving people unbridled power is a bad thing. They are people, after all. Power is an 'evil' thing in that it corrupts everything. It may not be 'evil' in nature but the moment any corruptable entity gains power, then power becomes 'evil'. I am not claiming utter truth, but your spinning around nonsense. Power is a corrupting force. Geass is absolute power.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There are reasons why these proverbs exist.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:05   Link #19990
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada (COLD)
Send a message via MSN to leechbox
OMG ITS 1000th PAGE.... WOOOT


BTW do you think C.C. will sac for lelouch?
leechbox is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:05   Link #19991
gabbytay
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
CC die?? please she has loli marrianya to guard her.
gabbytay is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:05   Link #19992
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
Quote:
That person is the one with Geass, we are talking about the slave girl before getting Geass. The little girl before she met the Nun. The person after, was turned into a 'demon'.
Not exactly. The geass power is created to fit the users desire or wish, and unlike Lelouch's wish for revenge, C.C. wanted to be loved. Her Geass was one with pure intentions that became evil in the end.
Arabesque is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:06   Link #19993
Ring
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
Sorry to go off topic but we're 1000 pages in...
Not for people who set the maximum posts per page to 40.
Ring is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:07   Link #19994
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Yes but that still makes her selfish in the fact that she is basically using others to get what she wants. She is seeking advantag for herself. Even if now she wants to be loved and that was her wish all along that can still make her selfish in that all she wants is to be loved, thinking about only what she wants for herself.
Find a person that is not selfish, claim and prove it.
Selfishness is not an evil deed, it's just a trait that all living entities posses. Hence you would mark every being evil or bad.
__________________
whiter is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:07   Link #19995
v1nx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via ICQ to v1nx Send a message via Skype™ to v1nx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
... We know that C.C. is currently immortal. The discussion which you seem to have missed or jumped into halfway is for after Ep.21 where she may possible walk out of Akasha without her code and her memories.
She was immortal even after she has sealed her Code. If not - wtf is all this shit about Geass giving, when all this time she could just seal her code and die like a human? =))
v1nx is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:07   Link #19996
gabbytay
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Find a person that is not selfish, claim and prove it.
Selfishness is not an evil deed, it's just a trait all living entities posses. Hence you would mark every being evil or bad.
Nice one
gabbytay is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:07   Link #19997
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Not exactly. The geass power is created to fit the users desire or wish, and unlike Lelouch's wish for revenge, C.C. wanted to be loved. Her Geass was one with pure intentions that became evil in the end.
Anything that bends other people against their wills means the power is down right twisted and evil.
Orga777 is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:09   Link #19998
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
What part of "doesn't understand what he has" did you miss?

Lelouch wasn't explained the details of this thing. Just vague bs.

It actually would make for a funny 4koma... C.C sitting on the edge of a table saying "We have a deal?" and Lelouch signing for it, loving the power at first, then jump forward and him saying "Shoulda read the fine print."

(Jeez 1000 pages!)
That would be funny

However, Lelouch did understand that taking control of others agnist thier will is evil, and it was him who kept saying that the Geass was the power of the devil.
Arabesque is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:10   Link #19999
gabbytay
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
That would be funny

However, Lelouch did understand that taking control of others agnist thier will is evil, and it was him who kept saying that the Geass was the power of the devil.
Then he will become the devil and geass becomes his power.

Yay 20000 post!!!!
gabbytay is offline  
Old 2008-08-28, 11:10   Link #20000
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Find a person that is not selfish, claim and prove it.
Selfishness is not an evil deed, it's just a trait that all living entities posses. Hence you would mark every being evil or bad.
Selfishness becomes evil when you destroy people to have that selfishness fulfilled. So your point fails miserably.
Var is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
predictions, speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.