AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-26, 23:01   Link #821
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
That's not my point.

I would indeed blame the writers, as I already implied before, if that happened OR if they portrayed Suzaku in the way I described.

If that doesn't happen, or if Suzaku reacts in a different way if it does, then the situation would be different. He's not in the picture, per se, but he's not exactly in Jupiter either.

Right now we don't know. This is just speculation.

But if the staff ends up writing Suzaku in a certain way, which I hope isn't the case -because I don't even want the scene to occur in the first place- only then would I blame him, as a consequence.

If you think that is mere "Suzaku hate", then either I'm not explaining myself properly or you're not getting the point.
Your apparently missing the point.

Even if Suzaku wasn't on the avalon and was back in Japan, Kallen would still be bonded up like we see her here. That was my point, the scene was written with Suzaku not being involved at all.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:02   Link #822
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So just because Kallen is in the suit, that means she has a chance of having that happen?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-26, 23:02   Link #823
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

And hence... things can happen without his knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So just because Kallen is in the suit, that means she has a chance of having that happen?
Let's see. Do we have guards who have been "abused" by her + are racist pigs like Nina? If we do....
Old 2008-06-26, 23:03   Link #824
Kusaja

Quote:
Oh, I see.

It was seen on video that one time, but I thought we had attributed that as an error. Maybe it wasn't though.
I don't think it's necessary to see the Geass symbol, just show the effects of his power during any situation. If someone suddenly stops talking, moving or doing something else, it would seem very suspicious.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:03   Link #825
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
It was due to her not having pants on......
Old 2008-06-26, 23:04   Link #826
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Well again this is all just spectulation which is another point. I mean how much screentime did Suzaku and Kallen get in the recent episode? Almost nil. Milly didn't even do anything at all and I'm pretty sure she's on the ship as well.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:05   Link #827
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Your apparently missing the point.

Even if Suzaku wasn't on the avalon and was back in Japan, Kallen would still be bonded up like we see her here. That was my point, the scene was written with Suzaku not being involved at all.
I still think you're missing my point, again.

I'm not questioning that part of the situation. But given that Suzaku is present, and in a position of high authority no less...if that certain speculation were to become true, do you suppose his presence becomes irrelevant?

On the contrary. It would gain relevance if something happened while he was still present there, as opposed to his being absent.

Since I don't expect such a speculation to become true, then I could care less about the presence of that scene, or Suzaku's for that matter. At least for now, without more details.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:06   Link #828
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I don't think it's necessary to see the Geass symbol, just show the effects of his power during any situation. If someone suddenly stops talking, moving or doing something else, it would seem very suspicious.
She normally just takes pictures though. Now if it was a shot of Rolo being on the balcony during the phone call, that would be something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
It was due to her not having pants on......
I didn't notice anything different from C.C.'s suit to be honest. I think you're looking too hard at this.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-26, 23:07   Link #829
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
I actually think you're missing my point again.

I'm not questioning that part of the situation. But given that Suzaku is present, and in a position of high authority no less...if that certain speculation were to become true, do you suppose his presence becomes irrelevant? On the contrary. It would gain relevance if something happened while he was still present there.
The problem is that Suzaku isn't really in a position of high authority. Schneizel has that authority.

Quote:
I didn't notice anything different from C.C.'s suit to be honest. I think you're looking too hard at this.
Hence why I have a SFW speculation that I came up with.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:07   Link #830
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
She normally just takes pictures though. Now if it was a shot of Rolo being on the balcony during the phone call, that would be something.

1) Well, that is true, capturing the effects of the Geass will raise the required suspicions. But, can that cellphone capture everything?

2) Of cause, the pants can go off AFTER that shot....
Old 2008-06-26, 23:09   Link #831
Kusaja

Quote:
The problem is that Suzaku isn't really in a position of high authority. Schneizel has that authority.
This discussion is purely academic, at this point, but whatever...do you think a Knights of the Round can't do anything at all?

After all, the prisoner was handed over to him by the Eunuchs, from the dialogue in the previous episode, not to Schneizel...and it's a prisoner he knows and, wouldn't you think, whose friends have previously asked him to try and do something for her.

Just because Schneizel is higher in rank doesn't mean Suzaku's isn't worth anything, especially when his own prisoner is involved.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:09   Link #832
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:

but kallen is capture by the enemy
Old 2008-06-26, 23:10   Link #833
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Hence why I have a SFW speculation that I came up with.
Was it needed though when it's just causing even more paranoia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, that is true, capturing the effects of the Geass will raise the required suspicions. But, can that cellphone capture everything?

Of cause, the pants can go off AFTER that shot....
It would depend on what it was I suppose.

Oh please, I think people are just being overly paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
but kallen is capture by the enemy
So?

Old 2008-06-26, 23:11   Link #834
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
This discussion is purely academic, at this point, but whatever...do you think a Knights of the Round can't do anything at all?

After all, the prisoner was handed over to him, from the dialogue in the previous episode, not to Schneizel...and it's a prisoner he knows and, wouldn't you think, whose friends have previously asked him to try and do something for her.
You forget, for Schenzeil's operations in China; Suzaku, Gino, and Anya are under his command.

And if you want to get literal about this, Suzaku just returned in Lancelot in retreat formation when we saw Kallen in her prison chambers.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:11   Link #835
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Was it needed though when it's just causing even more paranoia?
I guess I shouldn't have said the speculation in the first place >_>
Old 2008-06-26, 23:12   Link #836
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think if the r*** does happen (I think possibility is very low), it will be "on the spot" kind of decision, and no, Suzaku will not be the one ordering or doing it.

Quote:
Not your fault, Kang. In the Kallen thread, I even had Anya torturing her behind Suzaku's back, along with something permanent so that Kallen won't be going anywhere in a hurry... ever.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:12   Link #837
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
It would be both very bad and somewhat funny if it did happen though.

Old 2008-06-26, 23:14   Link #838
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Not your fault, Kang. In the Kallen thread, I even had Anya torturing her behind Suzaku's back, along with something permanent so that Kallen won't be going anywhere in a hurry... ever.
Ohhhh the Humanity!

Quote:
It would be both very bad and somewhat funny if it did happen though.
It would seem awkward at best though. Don't know why.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:14   Link #839
Kusaja

Again, just for the record, I don't think Suzaku is evil, or that he would be intentionally behind whatever happens. At least not if the staff is trying to be consistent.

Quote:
You forget, for Schenzeil's operations in China; Suzaku, Gino, and Anya are under his command.
I just don't think that makes Suzaku powerless over someone who was handed over to him personally. Again, the show itself makes an emphasis on this.

If it turns out that Schneizel requested Kallen as a prisoner, and that he decided what was to be done with her, then you'd have a point. But that is not the case.

Right now, under the limited information we have, I don't think Schneizel's higher rank makes any difference, unless he directly intervenes in this specific issue. Do we know that? Not so far.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:19   Link #840
Kusaja

Again: I don't think this is a case of painting Suzaku as a sadist who is intentionally behind whatever may happen.

At least I don't think that will be the case. I mentioned something about his not feeling guilt, not as a fact or something that I would expect, but as a possibility, which would show poor writing. The best case scenario would be for Suzaku to feel guilt *and* do something to make up for it, if this speculation comes true.

Why guilt? Because one can be held responsible for omission, for not doing something. If something happens in a real world prison, even if the guards aren't involved, they can be blamed for not stopping it.

Quote:
I just don't think that makes Suzaku powerless over someone who was handed over to him personally. Again, the show itself makes an emphasis on this.

If it turns out that Schneizel requested Kallen as a prisoner, and that he decided what was to be done with her, then you'd have a point. But that is not the case.

Right now, under the limited information we have, I don't think Schneizel's higher rank makes any difference, unless he directly intervenes in this specific issue. Do we know that? Not so far.
Closed Thread

Tags
predictions, speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories