AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-28, 19:07   Link #9041
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
Well, it's not really surprising since Ougi does pretty much the same thing trading his ideals for Viletta. Apparently in the Emperor's world of lies; Love >> ideals.
Well, he's not the only one. As someone noted before, Code Geass seems to have a sort of habit of mocking nationalism (and not just on the japanese side) - and Viletta as well as Jeremiah were both quite the hard-lined nationalists, being members of the Purist faction. However, BOTH of them has ended up choosing personal bounds before their natonalist ideals, so... now, Kallen is not as much a nationalist as, say, Todou is, but she's fierce enough about bringing about an independent Japan, so.. Or, it might be as you say that the characters in the emperor's world of lies will usually (or rather nearly always) choose their personal bounds before their ideals (as has happened so often so far; Rolo with Lelouch, Viletta/Ougi with each other, probably Guilford as well and so forth)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker
Wasn't that a different blogger with different spoilers who later said it was fake? I don't recall ever hearing or reading about that particular blogger with the almost dead-on plot points claiming otherwise
Hmm.. I'm not sure but I do think it was the original blogger. but, hah, hard to say... My memory is a bit foggy after it being so long since those spoilers appeared... >_<.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies
I thought it's from the magazine editors who wrote the official previews. After all, they have to know a little of what's happening in advance to be able to write their previews ambiguously.
I'm not too sure; would those editors have received spoilers for episode 15-22 THAT early? I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine why sunrise would give'em those spoilers that early with the risk for leaks...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:12   Link #9042
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hopefully Suzaku follows along with this pattern.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:14   Link #9043
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, he's not the only one. As someone noted before, Code Geass seems to have a sort of habit of mocking nationalism (and not just on the japanese side) - and Viletta as well as Jeremiah were both quite the hard-lined nationalists, being members of the Purist faction. However, BOTH of them has ended up choosing personal bounds before their natonalist ideals, so... now, Kallen is not as much a nationalist as, say, Todou is, but she's fierce enough about bringing about an independent Japan, so.. Or, it might be as you say that the characters in the emperor's world of lies will usually (or rather nearly always) choose their personal bounds before their ideals (as has happened so often so far; Rolo with Lelouch, Viletta/Ougi with each other, probably Guilford as well and so forth)...
I wouldn't call it mocking, I would call it "being forced to make a difficult decision".
__________________
Blue_Mercy is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:19   Link #9044
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Hopefully Suzaku follows along with this pattern.
Is that going to even be possible if he nukes Japan? Especially if Nunally is MIA? Lelouch will hate him, Kallen will (likely) hate him even more (since her mother is within the Tokyo settlement), and Jeremiah... would remove his Live Geass... and Suzaku would kill himself.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:20   Link #9045
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist
Hopefully Suzaku follows along with this pattern.
Maybe he will indeed, but if he does, he'd be among the last ones to do it, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
I wouldn't call it mocking, I would call it "being forced to make a difficult decision".
Well, I was talking aobut it in general, but you have a point as well - it is a difficult decision for most, indeed, choosing a person over your ideals...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:30   Link #9046
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Is that going to even be possible if he nukes Japan? Especially if Nunally is MIA? Lelouch will hate him, Kallen will (likely) hate him even more (since her mother is within the Tokyo settlement), and Jeremiah... would remove his Live Geass... and Suzaku would kill himself.
I'm fine with that ending, too, as long as he takes out one of the "evil" KoR. After all this time he needs to figure out that his plan isn't going to fly, and helping Lelouch with his last act would at least redeem some of his naivete.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:31   Link #9047
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 26
I am going to be honest I think these spoilers will not all come true. I am sure the production team would know of the leak and would change things now...
Cox is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:32   Link #9048
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I'm fine with that ending, too, as long as he takes out one of the "evil" KoR. After all this time he needs to figure out that his plan isn't going to fly, and helping Lelouch with his last act would at least redeem some of his naivete.
It would be a rather perplexing ending, though, because he'd be working with at least two people who'd want him dead. If Kallen loses her mother... I don't want to see that... if Lelouch loses Nunally... dear god. Hopefully, we'll get some bonus Kallen and Lelouch depression sex to top off the perplexing perplexity. We can throw in CChi for good measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
I am going to be honest I think these spoilers will not all come true. I am sure the production team would know of the leak and would change things now...
Story is completed, as such, they can't change the most important things. Minor things can be altered, but the big parts cannot.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:33   Link #9049
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
It would be a rather perplexing ending, though, because he'd be working with at least two people who'd want him dead. If Kallen loses her mother... I don't want to see that... if Lelouch loses Nunally... dear god. Hopefully, we'll get some bonus Kallen and Lelouch depression sex to top off the perplexing perplexity. We can throw in CChi for good measure.
LOL Var i almost lost my lunch. lol var cookies for you.
Witacume is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:36   Link #9050
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
It would be a rather perplexing ending, though, because he'd be working with at least two people who'd want him dead. If Kallen loses her mother... I don't want to see that... if Lelouch loses Nunally... dear god. Hopefully, we'll get some bonus Kallen and Lelouch depression sex to top off the perplexing perplexity. We can throw in CChi for good measure.
If only such an awesome thing would happen.

He wouldn't necessarily need to be working with them. He could just act on his own like Villetta did with Ohgi.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:44   Link #9051
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If only such an awesome thing would happen.
Fanfiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He wouldn't necessarily need to be working with them. He could just act on his own like Villetta did with Ohgi.
I think that something of that sort may very well happen in reality, because the amount of animosity that will be between him and Lelouch and Kallen (even if their relatives aren't blown to hell, but the country is) would be pretty staggering. Or more, he'd be unable to actually face them.

I'm more curious in what is going to get Gino to defect. My only guess is that Anya will either be degeassed by Orange in the midst of battle, or her memory will resurface and she will switch sides. In which case she'd be branded a traitor, and I can just see Luciano gunning for her 'blood'. Because, aside from Anya, I can't really see anything that would get Gino to jump ship.

The other possibility, that I can see, is that he is sickened by the destruction caused by the Freya, but I don't think that would get him to completely toss out his long standing allegiance and friends to join the Order.

Or... it will be a combination of both.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:47   Link #9052
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
If and/or when Anya and Gino defect, it will almost certainly be at the same time. The minor fact that those two tend to stick together is proof enough of that. Anya will be the catalyst, though. Gino doesn't seem the type to resolve to do something like that on his own. I can't wait for it to happen, because it'll likely be at the same time we learn who Anya truly is.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:51   Link #9053
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If and/or when Anya and Gino defect, it will almost certainly be at the same time. The minor fact that those two tend to stick together is proof enough of that. Anya will be the catalyst, though. Gino doesn't seem the type to resolve to do something like that on his own. I can't wait for it to happen, because it'll likely be at the same time we learn who Anya truly is.
I'm certain that Anya will be the reason as those two have rarely been shown apart. The reason I doubt Gino doing it on his own is, one, because he'd be leaving behind Anya (and Suzaku, but who cares about him /sarcasm), and doing a very quick 180 on his character which is described and built as extremely loyal to the Empire, though more so to his friends.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:56   Link #9054
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Totally agree. He needs some sort of motivation to turn on the Empire. A friend defecting and another nuking Japan ought to do it.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 19:59   Link #9055
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
I am going to be honest I think these spoilers will not all come true. I am sure the production team would know of the leak and would change things now...
Hnn, when the story has progressed thus far and so much work has already apparently been put into the episodes, I'm not sure how much they actually CAN change as such without risking messing things up. Minor things maybe, but otherwise... And besides it's not like the ending itself has been spoiled or anything like that, so that's even less a reason to change things IMO

Hmm, since the subject seems to be Gino and anya switching sides, I suppose we might see the whole speculation about those four near the beginning of the OP being/becoming "traitors" coming true. I can't imagine how it'd happen for nina yet, but Gino and Anya may well betray Britannia as such and be branded traitors for it. As for Kallen, if the spoilers are true, then she'll either betray Lelouch or the rest of the OotBK, so that'd fit as well...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 20:00   Link #9056
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Totally agree. He needs some sort of motivation to turn on the Empire. A friend defecting and another nuking Japan ought to do it.
Hopefully more so for Anya that way I can wave that flag around and shout "For Great Justice!".

To be perfectly honest, though, I don't see the nuking as being to large of a trigger for him. Britannia has done equally bad things in the past, cleanings of troublesome areas ala Cornelia, and he's stayed loyal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMostAwesomePersonEver!
Hmm, since the subject seems to be Gino and anya switching sides, I suppose we might see the whole speculation about those four near the beginning of the OP being/becoming "traitors" coming true. I can't imagine how it'd happen for nina yet, but Gino and Anya may well betray Britannia as such and be branded traitors for it. As for Kallen, if the spoilers are true, then she'll either betray Lelouch or the rest of the OotBK, so that'd fit as well...
Well, I'll be damned. The pieces just fell into place.
~Nina betrays Suzaku and Lloyd for her vendetta.
~Gino and Anya betray the Empire because of (likely) Anya and the Nuke.
~Kallen betrays the Order and Japan for Lelouch.

Damn...
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 20:04   Link #9057
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
It's one thing to mount a prolonged war, it's quite another to watch as kilometers of land filled with people vanish within moments. Such a terrible weapon is bound to make people question their loyalties.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 20:06   Link #9058
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It's one thing to mount a prolonged war, it's quite another to watch as kilometers of land filled with people vanish within moments. Such a terrible weapon is bound to make people question their loyalties.
While that is true, what Cornelia did was not exactly slow either. She wiped out an entire Ghetto in a matter of hours. This is larger, yes, but it still not anything 'that bad' for an empire that cleanses entire ghettos to get a single terrorist.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 20:08   Link #9059
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Hopefully more so for Anya that way I can wave that flag around and shout "For Great Justice!".

To be perfectly honest, though, I don't see the nuking as being to large of a trigger for him. Britannia has done equally bad things in the past, cleanings of troublesome areas ala Cornelia, and he's stayed loyal.



Well, I'll be damned. The pieces just fell into place.
~Nina betrays Suzaku and Lloyd for her vendetta.
~Gino and Anya betray the Empire because of (likely) Anya and the Nuke.
~Kallen betrays the Order and Japan for Lelouch.

Damn...
That's a load of crap unless I see an official source. An interesting thing to note is that it doesn't say which of the characters is killed during the nuke except Asahina.
__________________
Blue_Mercy is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 20:10   Link #9060
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
If we're to believe the spoilers, this isn't a ghetto they're nuking, it's Tokyo Settlement. This means Elevens, Britannians, UFN fighters, and Britannian soldiers are all going to lose their lives. Indiscriminate death will hit harder than wiping out media-spun terrorist strongholds.
__________________
morbosfist is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
predictions, speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.