AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-01, 05:16   Link #1861
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Abnormal compared to which other main character?

Suzaku and his Hax? Any of the Geass users?
I'm using the word normal to mean not having some superpower like immortality or Geass, so yes, everyone you referred to (except Suzaku, who just happens to have extreme physical abilieis) is abnormal.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:18   Link #1862
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm using the word normal to mean noy having some superpower like immortality or Geass, so yes, everyone you referred to (except Suzaku) is abnormal.
So why do you want C.C. to lose her immortality? What does that achieve?

Why not demand that Suzaku lose his Hax? Why is it considered a "good thing" to lose immortality anyway?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:20   Link #1863
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So why do you want C.C. to lose her immortality? What does that achieve?

Why not demand that Suzaku lose his Hax? Why is it considered a "good thing" to lose immortality anyway?
Stripping C.C. from her position as witch would be an interesting situation.


Plus, it should give her more chance at being Lelouch's LI.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:21   Link #1864
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I don't know what to say...
This TV magazine should have waited utill next week! Or at least not give out something this big!
Spoiler for Turn 14 summary:
(Spoiler tagged because maybe some people don't want to know this soon.)
__________________
Koshimizu is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:23   Link #1865
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Stripping C.C. from her position as witch would be an interesting situation.


Plus, it should give her more chance at being Lelouch's LI.
Lulu is not a normal guy. So he doesn't need a "normal' girl to be his LI.

Saying that you want C.C. to lose her immortality means you want her to die. I don't know why you would want that. And if Lulu wouldn't date a girl unless she is mortal, then Lulu is shallow and does not deserve her.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:23   Link #1866
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
holy shit !!!!!
that puts an end to at least some debate
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:24   Link #1867
yamibakura
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in a world of chaos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I'm just throwing out ideas now (not speculations), but the things is, does "killing" here actually mean taking the life? That's a question that we should consider.
In the most common sense killing means to end life, to take life. In code geass, VV and Charles are conspiring to kill gods. What do the gods even mean. Do they want to kill immortals? Do they want to become gods themselves? What does it mean to have power? Does having power make you a god? If we can understand these questions we might be able to discern what these gods in gode geass are and possibly even why Charles and VV are working for their destruction. Bartley even says to Cornelia about how they'll be accomplices to the biggest crime in history. He says, "If that hypothesis is correct, then we will become accomplices to the biggest crime in history..." What hypothesis? We can only guess this has something to do with the gods. And from the way Bartley talks of this as the biggest crime in history, would that make the gods (I don't want to say good) but not bad? Enough for Bartley and his research team to consider it a crime... Back to the original idea about what killing might actually mean in this context, it is hard to say anything for certain. Are we killing actual gods? Are we killing immortality? Or maybe are we killing the idea - the dream - hope itself?
yamibakura is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:25   Link #1868
Isegrim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kinki
Age: 27
I'm quite surprised that this spoiler is given to us in advance .
Hum, this thread is going to explode.
__________________
男たちの野望が銀河をかける
Isegrim is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:28   Link #1869
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Stripping C.C. from her position as witch would be an interesting situation.


Plus, it should give her more chance at being Lelouch's LI.
Nah, that sucks. Immortality rocks. Even if you will have to be alone, i'd prefer it over death.
And what do you mean increasing her chances of being LI? Would he fall in love with her if she would be normal? He either falls for her, or he dies, or he don't falls for her. Immortality got nothing to do with it.
Ruvixur is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:30   Link #1870
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
I don't know what to say...
This TV magazine should have waited utill next week! Or at least not give out something this big!
Spoiler for Turn 14 summary:
(Spoiler tagged because maybe some people don't want to know this soon.)
Man, that seriously is....Of course, we thought about that....but....It's just
Spoiler for My speculation:
Ruvixur is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:30   Link #1871
yamibakura
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in a world of chaos.
All I have to say is Wow...... Wow...
yamibakura is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:31   Link #1872
v1nx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via ICQ to v1nx Send a message via Skype™ to v1nx
damn you. T_T
v1nx is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:32   Link #1873
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
...
Spoiler:
__________________
Tokkan is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:33   Link #1874
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
I don't know what to say...
This TV magazine should have waited utill next week! Or at least not give out something this big!
Spoiler for Turn 14 summary:
(Spoiler tagged because maybe some people don't want to know this soon.)
Interesting.....

Spoiler for Just in case:





Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lulu is not a normal guy. So he doesn't need a "normal' girl to be his LI.

Saying that you want C.C. to lose her immortality means you want her to die. I don't know why you would want that. And if Lulu wouldn't date a girl unless she is mortal, then Lulu is shallow and does not deserve her.
Lelouch isn't normal in that he has Geass, but he's still killable, hence he's human. Also, I'm pretty sure that Lelouch wouldn't want to hurt C.C. by being only a memory at the end.

Also, I believe that you're viewing me with a slight bias of "racism against immortals".




Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura View Post
In the most common sense killing means to end life, to take life. In code geass, VV and Charles are conspiring to kill gods. What do the gods even mean. Do they want to kill immortals? Do they want to become gods themselves? What does it mean to have power? Does having power make you a god? If we can understand these questions we might be able to discern what these gods in gode geass are and possibly even why Charles and VV are working for their destruction. Bartley even says to Cornelia about how they'll be accomplices to the biggest crime in history. He says, "If that hypothesis is correct, then we will become accomplices to the biggest crime in history..." What hypothesis? We can only guess this has something to do with the gods. And from the way Bartley talks of this as the biggest crime in history, would that make the gods (I don't want to say good) but not bad? Enough for Bartley and his research team to consider it a crime... Back to the original idea about what killing might actually mean in this context, it is hard to say anything for certain. Are we killing actual gods? Are we killing immortality? Or maybe are we killing the idea - the dream - hope itself?
Now we're getting somewhere..... Given the depth that CG goes into at times, we need to consider all opinions.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:45   Link #1875
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
and now for the big question

Spoiler for the question:
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:46   Link #1876
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
I don't know what to say...
This TV magazine should have waited utill next week! Or at least not give out something this big!
Spoiler for Turn 14 summary:
(Spoiler tagged because maybe some people don't want to know this soon.)
Thanks for sharing this shocking spoiler
I do wonder how Lelouch managed to get information from Jeremiah though
__________________
zgmf-x19a is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:52   Link #1877
yamibakura
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in a world of chaos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Thanks for sharing this shocking spoiler
I do wonder how Lelouch managed to get information from Jeremiah though
A combination of the magnetic rail system(or wherever they are) forcing Jerimiah to his knees probably disrupting his focus and thus his geass cancelor enabling Lelouch to use geass on Jerimiah for 2nd time in order to find the location the cult? We will see how on Sunday.

That spoiler came way too early and for them to just come out and say something so signifigant like that. Wow.
edit: This is really some way to start off the 2nd half of the season. We're also getting new opening ending themes.

Quote:
Now we're getting somewhere..... Given the depth that CG goes into at times, we need to consider all opinions.
Yes. Maybe as things move forward we'll be able to better understand these questions so that we may come to the truth. Or if the truth is left open, then we'll have to come to our own understanding. Am I being too philosophical? ^^
yamibakura is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:55   Link #1878
v1nx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via ICQ to v1nx Send a message via Skype™ to v1nx
One interesting thought:
Spoiler for for EP 14:
v1nx is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 05:58   Link #1879
Marsala
Delurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nx View Post
One interesting thought:
Spoiler for for EP 14:
Or the other way around?
Marsala is offline  
Old 2008-07-01, 06:00   Link #1880
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
If Shirley is murdered by Rolo, I'll scream "I know it!!"
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
predictions, speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.