AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 23:40   Link #1261
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Seriously, I've thought for a while til now that Newton's Third Law doesn't just apply to physical motion, and in fact should be a sociological concept as well. Make of that what you will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
As much as people get to hate the characters or even the show, it proves strangely addictive, doesn't it?
Without getting into a hate-filled tirade over this (I know), I can't resist saying that one of these days -- maybe just once! -- I'd love to have a conversation with people who are more interested in the show than they are in engineering a conversation about it. You know... complete honesty. I just wonder what that'd be like.

Yes, I know, but still. These days it's just a bit much. Hope I filled the quota anyway.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 04:54   Link #1262
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, Touya is a human size sack of hypocrisy, really scary women/goddess-fetish and an even more of a jellyfish spine than your usual anime leads. But I'm more shocked that Akira is actually giving him a run for his money with one of the most rotten and useless attitudes I've seen in anime for a while. I mean, he can't even protect his girlfriend with all that attitude Akira has at all times? Why does that energy go towards complaining and whining like a loser instead of confronting a definite enemy when he sees one? Touya just feels like a hapless chap to me. But Akira just has all the wrong qualities of a man. AND he whines and mopes openly to boot.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 05:16   Link #1263
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah, Touya is a human size sack of hypocrisy, really scary women/goddess-fetish and an even more of a jellyfish spine than your usual anime leads. But I'm more shocked that Akira is actually giving him a run for his money with one of the most rotten and useless attitudes I've seen in anime for a while. I mean, he can't even protect his girlfriend with all that attitude Akira has at all times? Why does that energy go towards complaining and whining like a loser instead of confronting a definite enemy when he sees one? Touya just feels like a hapless chap to me. But Akira just has all the wrong qualities of a man. AND he whines and mopes openly to boot.
Akira has two modes, when he is alone with Misaki he acts like a little kid not just in the way he talks but the way he acts. Whenever touya appears in the conversation or in his range of vision he acts like a Jealous and possesive man. I am amazed Misaki has been able to take this punishment for so long.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 10:03   Link #1264
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Sinestra, your reaction to this series strikes me as the funniest. It is like you truly want to like this series, so you are trying to warp the way you see it till you find it even the slightest bit interesting.
Yeah, Sinestra has a strange reaction. But he is right in saying you have to dig a little deep to enjoy this show. Its not something you can just take at face value to truly enjoy. Its like a poem. You can read a poem and say it rhymed nicely but once you take it apart and put it back together you like it so much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Without getting into a hate-filled tirade over this (I know), I can't resist saying that one of these days -- maybe just once! -- I'd love to have a conversation with people who are more interested in the show than they are in engineering a conversation about it. You know... complete honesty. I just wonder what that'd be like.

Yes, I know, but still. These days it's just a bit much. Hope I filled the quota anyway.
*jumps up and down with hand raised*

I honestly like this show! Sure there are parts that anger me but that's what makes it good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Akira has two modes, when he is alone with Misaki he acts like a little kid not just in the way he talks but the way he acts. Whenever touya appears in the conversation or in his range of vision he acts like a Jealous and possesive man. I am amazed Misaki has been able to take this punishment for so long.
I think Misaki is used to being abused to some degree. And you can't completely blame Akira for the way he acts with Touya but he does cross some lines and he should get over it already.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 10:44   Link #1265
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Sinestra, your reaction to this series strikes me as the funniest. It is like you truly want to like this series, so you are trying to warp the way you see it till you find it even the slightest bit interesting.
HA my secret is out thats exactly what im doing. Because i dont hate the series i just hate aspects of it the potential WA has is great i just think the execution is wrong. But yea thats spot on what im doing im actually having fun with it.
Old 2009-03-26, 13:50   Link #1266
slayer545-sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
HA my secret is out thats exactly what im doing. Because i dont hate the series i just hate aspects of it the potential WA has is great i just think the execution is wrong. But yea thats spot on what im doing im actually having fun with it.
Yeah I want to see your poker face in #13 coming up!
GET READY FOR A SHOCKER! I wonder seriously if Yuki will forget the words to her song and FAIL! Then Touya takes care of her in second season and makes her a idol again! YEAH! That would be
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 14:17   Link #1267
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Yeah I want to see your poker face in #13 coming up!
GET READY FOR A SHOCKER! I wonder seriously if Yuki will forget the words to her song and FAIL! Then Touya takes care of her in second season and makes her a idol again! YEAH! That would be
We will see I cant guarantee that i wont go ape s**t and just let it all out. Then again i could just face palm and make fun of the episode. Im giving it the benefit of the doubt as long as i get 2 good scenes ONLY 2 and i mean good they dont have to be great my fiery rhetoric will probably stay in check.
Old 2009-03-26, 14:47   Link #1268
slayer545-sama
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
We will see I cant guarantee that i wont go ape s**t and just let it all out. Then again i could just face palm and make fun of the episode. Im giving it the benefit of the doubt as long as i get 2 good scenes ONLY 2 and i mean good they dont have to be great my fiery rhetoric will probably stay in check.
I wonder about that. On a side note I would like you to take a look at some pics and maybe make fun of them. We will see how serious/stupid it will get so far. So far the whole Yayoi crap made me punch the cement in #8. Probably the first Touya did not push Yayoi until #12 recently. LAME TOUYA! Someone should bitch slap Yayoi........RINA OGATA! Yeah that would be good with a "Don't touch Touya you slut!" thing. What you think?
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 15:57   Link #1269
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
I wonder about that. On a side note I would like you to take a look at some pics and maybe make fun of them. We will see how serious/stupid it will get so far. So far the whole Yayoi crap made me punch the cement in #8. Probably the first Touya did not push Yayoi until #12 recently. LAME TOUYA! Someone should bitch slap Yayoi........RINA OGATA! Yeah that would be good with a "Don't touch Touya you slut!" thing. What you think?
Well surprising as it is since Yayoi irritates me she is the only character worth dissecting since we dont know much about her. Which is why i spent sometime re watching her scenes and posted on it. So far Yayoi has proved unstoppable using her sexuality as a weapon and Touya has folded completely. So if its working then there is no reason for her to stop. But the shit will hit the fan when Yuki finds out and i cant wait for that piece of cake.

Rina is lost right now all her good intentions everything she was doing for the sake of Touya and Yuki has been crushed by Yayoi. She did not act in time and Yayoi got Touya in her claws. Also, i think she feels unwanted by just about everyone hence her "iv been dumped" at Echos. At this point i believe that she is still trying to protect Yuki and Touya but it wont stay that way for long. The worst thing she could have done was fire him now Yayoi has no obstacles.

There will never been a cat fight between Yayoi and Rina but exchanging of harsh words i could see that happening. They are both domineering women and 2 domineering women in the same room is like a bomb waiting to go off.

I will have fun no matter what take it with a grain of salt i say.
Old 2009-03-26, 16:19   Link #1270
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Well surprising as it is since Yayoi irritates me
Oh how could you ;_______;

Blasphemy!

But indeed, she is a barrel of fun for trying to breakdown her character into layman terms

Partly why it took me so long to do this weeks entry together with sessions of being brain blocked
Well here are some thoughts on episode 12 from me

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2009-03-26 at 17:27. Reason: typo duh~
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 16:27   Link #1271
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Umm...my prediction for episode 13 will be Yuki finding out about Touya and Yayoi and dumps Touya's sorry butt. Touya is thrown into despair and will start the second season as a trainwreck. And I'm being utterly serious about this. I'd love that very much.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:05   Link #1272
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Oh how could you ;_______;

Blasphemy!

But indeed, she is a barrel of fun for trying to breakdown her character into layman terms

Partly why it too me so long to do this weeks entry together with sessions of being brain blocked
Well here are some thoughts on episode 12 from me
I was wondering what was up since i had not seen your take this week on it. I figured you were just busy.

I wonder if Yayoi would warm up if she got a good humping from a real man NOT Touya
Old 2009-03-26, 17:24   Link #1273
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Umm...my prediction for episode 13 will be Yuki finding out about Touya and Yayoi and dumps Touya's sorry butt. Touya is thrown into despair and will start the second season as a trainwreck. And I'm being utterly serious about this. I'd love that very much.
that is one of the things i want to happen. Another is I want Misaki telling Akira that she tried but she can't help to have feelings for touya or if that doesn't happen a scene with Misaki and Akira doing the deed and Misaki calling touya's name in the moment of passion.
Old 2009-03-26, 18:34   Link #1274
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

To be honest.. I don't know how episode 13 will go. I mean, Touya is going to hid rock bottom, that is for sure, but the big question is how will the girls be at the end of the episode? Oh man.. I can't and don't want to think about it. I want a good surprise and I'm confident I'll get it.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:33   Link #1275
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I was wondering what was up since i had not seen your take this week on it. I figured you were just busy.

I wonder if Yayoi would warm up if she got a good humping from a real man NOT Touya
Yea...its been a busy week as usual >.>

And lol...I don't have anything to say about the other statement other than, "agreed" (and, "I can be that man!" ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
To be honest.. I don't know how episode 13 will go. I mean, Touya is going to hid rock bottom, that is for sure, but the big question is how will the girls be at the end of the episode? Oh man.. I can't and don't want to think about it. I want a good surprise and I'm confident I'll get it.
You can bet your ass that it will be a cliffhanger

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:05   Link #1276
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

haha you people still take white album seriously after the stabbity stab scene

look this is a comedy ok, just see it that way and you'll spare yourself a lot of headaches trying to get everything to make sense later on
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:40   Link #1277
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post

look this is a comedy ok, just see it that way and you'll spare yourself a lot of headaches trying to get everything to make sense later on
Well much to your surprise, people tend to have varied tastes. I and others in this forum actually take good interest in this series. I know, it must be hard to believe.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 22:00   Link #1278
golthin

Quote:

you would think it is a comedy, but i didn't find it the stabbing scene funny. the stabbing was symbolic for that crazy guy and that is why he used the prop knife. still, if Misaki didn't have the book, she would have been hurt.
Old 2009-03-26, 23:19   Link #1279
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
you would think it is a comedy, but i didn't find it the stabbing scene funny. the stabbing was symbolic for that crazy guy and that is why he used the prop knife. still, if Misaki didn't have the book, she would have been hurt.
It's not funny in the "haha Misaki got attacked" respect, it's funny in the "omg I can't believe they did something that ridiculous" sense. On a possibly positive side note, the people over at /b/ could probably use that guys face for one of their RAAAAGE graphics.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 23:20   Link #1280
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

Quote:

Not only the stabbity scene but the terrible tear licking scenes as well. Hell, even gramp-... Mentar thought that was bad.

I can't wait to see this thread after kare wo kaeshite.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen