AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-26, 13:10   Link #21
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
I LOVE Ranka's new song.

Spoiler for Future titles:


Ranka sings Minmei's song Do You Remember Love. I can't decide which version I like more.
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:10   Link #22
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
While I think the "race" is still wide open, this early "getting together" of AltoXRanka does bode well for a later AltoXSheryl pairing.

BTW, was it really Khyron... errrr, Quamzin?
It looks like his name is Temujin in the credits. A little Genghis Khan thing going I guess.
ickem is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:25   Link #23
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Thumbs up

Ranka unleashed a SUPER MOVE!

It's super effective!!!

and Sheryl's own Super Move Meter is charging up!

awesome
Key Board is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:26   Link #24
Elandyll
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: AZ - USA
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Hikaru was a good pilot. He just had the misfortune of having competent oppenents.
Yeah. Let's not forget that Millia was sent out to meet Max on a misunderstanding, Hikaru was supposed to be the "superior opponent"

Also, Isamu was far from being a Slouch with the YF 19, and I suspect that eventually Alto will be a decent pilot, if he can get his emotions in check.
Elandyll is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:27   Link #25
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
After this episode I have a feeling that Grace is the reason why Sheryl is sick.
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:30   Link #26
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Yeah. Let's not forget that Millia was sent out to meet Max on a misunderstanding, Hikaru was supposed to be the "superior opponent"

Also, Isamu was far from being a Slouch with the YF 19, and I suspect that eventually Alto will be a decent pilot, if he can get his emotions in check.
Well, he dealt with that Quamzin clone effectively enough, as soon as he got actually got the chance to do something.

As for Rick, errrr, Hikaru... having a super-competent sub-ordinate ( and later also Max wife ) as "ompetition" did make him seem more regular. Nonetheless, he was vastly better than most other pilots.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:30   Link #27
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
well, someone is DEFINITELY conspiring with Quamzin clone.

Jeffrey suspected it.
Quamzin clone being contacted by someone confirmed it.
Key Board is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:35   Link #28
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
While I think the "race" is still wide open, this early "getting together" of AltoXRanka does bode well for a later AltoXSheryl pairing.
I was stunned by how, in one episode, they've managed to push Sheryl into the underdog role, give such an amazing headstart on Alto x Ranka and Ranka to own Sheryl in so many ways. The tides are completely and utterly turned. As Key Board puts it, Ranka's "Super Move" have charmed Alto so much that he begins to see her as a new light now.

It is now Sheryl who looks at the distance as Alto flies Ranka around.

I feel so sorry for her, she desperately wants to get up so she could fulfill her promise to Alto, and her frustration and anger at herself later on as Ranka sings Aimo in the background.

Quote:
Ranka unleashed a SUPER MOVE!

It's super effective!!!

and Sheryl's own Super Move Meter is charging up!

awesome
That still made me laugh so hard.
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:50   Link #29
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I was stunned by how, in one episode, they've managed to push Sheryl into the underdog role, give such an amazing headstart on Alto x Ranka and Ranka to own Sheryl in so many ways. The tides are completely and utterly turned. As Key Board puts it, Ranka's "Super Move" have charmed Alto so much that he begins to see her as a new light now.

It is now Sheryl who looks at the distance as Alto flies Ranka around.

I feel so sorry for her, she desperately wants to get up so she could fulfill her promise to Alto, and her frustration and anger at herself later on as Ranka sings Aimo in the background.
I have actually been waiting for the Super Move to hit, but I wasn't expecting it to be so devastating. The pain from not being able to fulfill her promise to let Alto fly in a real sky plus from her powerlessness must really hurt right now. It'll be really interesting to see how she grows after this episode. She was just getting really close to Alto and it seems like she has lost him. The question is whether she will close herself off to personal relationships again or adapt to her new found experience.
ickem is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:54   Link #30
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I was stunned by how, in one episode, they've managed to push Sheryl into the underdog role, give such an amazing headstart on Alto x Ranka and Ranka to own Sheryl in so many ways. The tides are completely and utterly turned. As Key Board puts it, Ranka's "Super Move" have charmed Alto so much that he begins to see her as a new light now.

It is now Sheryl who looks at the distance as Alto flies Ranka around.

I feel so sorry for her, she desperately wants to get up so she could fulfill her promise to Alto, and her frustration and anger at herself later on as Ranka sings Aimo in the background.
Well, that was the implication in the eyecatch as well. Fame is a fleeting thing, like imprints in the sand.

That illness is a good approach to exploring Sheryl's character, though. Up until now, she's been able to face every problem that she's met through her own willpower alone. That sense of helplessness is quite a devastating experience for someone who is always used to being able to achieve things on their own ability. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts to this new challenge, but hopefully they won't leave her bedridden for too long.

One positive side effect is that we get confirmation of how intense Sheryl's feelings for Alto have become, without the distraction of the playful undertones that we usually see between them. It's amazing how much a character can be fleshed out on so few scenes.

I'm especially curious to see how this next episode will pan out.
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:55   Link #31
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
I have actually been waiting for the Super Move to hit, but I wasn't expecting it to be so devastating. The pain from not being able to fulfill her promise to let Alto fly in a real sky plus from her powerlessness must really hurt right now. It'll be really interesting to see how she grows after this episode. She was just getting really close to Alto and it seems like she has lost him. The question is whether she will close herself off to personal relationships again or adapt to her new found experience.
As a Sheryl fan, I know that it's strange for me to say this, but I personally love it. Sheryl's character has the potential to grow even more already, and, from this point on, this could be her make or break point. Let's hope they handle her character nicely.

Perhaps Ranka Super Move is the cousin of

Spoiler for Episode title:


What did Michel and Alto talk about regarding Ranka's birthday present?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampstorm
That illness is a good approach to exploring Sheryl's character, though. Up until now, she's been able to face every problem that she's met through her own willpower alone. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts to this new challenge, but hopefully they won't leave her bedridden for too long.
I don't know if it's a result of her overworking herself, or it's a part of a larger scheme (by Grace, no doubt.)

Quote:
One positive side effect is that we get confirmation of how intense Sheryl's feelings for Alto have become, without the distraction of the playful undertones that we usually see between them. It's amazing how much a character can be fleshed out on so few scenes.
I find it so incredibly ironic that even though Ranka was depicted sympathetically the previous episode, it was actually Sheryl who couldn't deliver her own birthday present. The poor girl.
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:56   Link #32
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
This...does not bode well for Ranka...
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:58   Link #33
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Ranka is definitely falling into the minmei route now...
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 13:59   Link #34
-Nyu-
Yozora
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Well, that was the implication in the eyecatch as well. Fame is a fleeting thing, like imprints in the sand.

That illness is a good approach to exploring Sheryl's character, though. Up until now, she's been able to face every problem that she's met through her own willpower alone. That sense of helplessness is quite a devastating experience for someone who is always used to being able to achieve things on their own ability. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts to this new challenge, but hopefully they won't leave her bedridden for too long.

One positive side effect is that we get confirmation of how intense Sheryl's feelings for Alto have become, without the distraction of the playful undertones that we usually see between them. It's amazing how much a character can be fleshed out on so few scenes.

I'm especially curious to see how this next episode will pan out.
Agreed. Though I must admit, that I've expected that. Macross Frontier will have 24/26? episodes - they have to fill em somehow. Setting a catalyst so that Ranka can approach Alto again was just a matter of time.
-Nyu- is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 14:05   Link #35
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
As a Sheryl fan, I know that it's strange for me to say this, but I personally love it. Sheryl's character has the potential to grow even more already, and, from this point on, this could be her make or break point. Let's hope they handle her character nicely.

What did Michel and Alto talk about regarding Ranka's birthday present?



I don't know if it's a result of her overworking herself, or it's a part of a larger scheme (by Grace, no doubt.)



I find it so incredibly ironic that even though Ranka was depicted sympathetically the previous episode, it was actually Sheryl who couldn't deliver her own birthday present. The poor girl.
Michel: I'll leave Ranka's trip home to you.

Alto: Huh?

Michel: Did you forget? Ranka-chan's first concert is tomorrow, but if you use "that". Don't worry. I'll bring Sheryl back.

Alto: But...

Michel: Ranka-chan went through all that just to come here so think about her feelings.
ickem is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 14:35   Link #36
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Send a message via AIM to stray
Spoiler for Fastest Delivery:


This forum is going to explode in like 10 hours once the Chihiro subs start coming out.

And ickem... I think I'm starting to love your subs best of all...
stray is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 14:38   Link #37
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Spoiler for Fastest Delivery:

lol... more like same day air delivery
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 14:39   Link #38
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Spoiler for Fastest Delivery:


This forum is going to explode in like 10 hours once the Chihiro subs start coming out.

And ickem... I think I'm starting to love your subs best of all...
I'm thinking of the mess the Romance thread will be once ani_d and the other Ranka fans get their hands on this episode.
ickem is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 14:39   Link #39
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I'm thinking of the mess the Romance thread will be once ani_d and the other Ranka fans get their hands on this episode.
oh god.....
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-06-26, 14:44   Link #40
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I rofled at Ranka's entrance, that was damn awesome.

Eh, Sheryl took a big hit... I mean that short moment with Grace, that was pretty emotionally charged. I'm interested to see how she copes with it.

Honestly I feel Sheryl needed to be taken down a peg to make anything later believable and keep her in check... but I still can't help but feel bad for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I'm thinking of the mess the Romance thread will be once ani_d and the other Ranka fans get their hands on this episode.
Lets not bring that up... but I can tell things will be a mess.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.