AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-29, 05:24   Link #2881
desrtsku
Punching bag

^ Yep, and the few ones who displayed their full potential were all peculiar cases among Level 4s (not counting Kongo)
Quote:
... Think "improvisation" and there you go.
Imagination is really a powerful tool, these days, people even use forks as anti-alien weapons
Old 2012-05-29, 09:09   Link #2882
zaeraal

A lot of new spoilers here: http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-2264.html
Old 2012-05-29, 18:18   Link #2883
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Nice I guess Kongo got a few points on my book with this.
Old 2012-05-29, 19:45   Link #2884
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
That pretty much fills in on what i needed to read for the entire chapter
Old 2012-05-30, 04:42   Link #2885
zaeraal

For those that didn't noticed, raw is already out and js06 translated it (look on 4chan). The scanlation should be out in few days.

So the cat (named "Dog" by n. 10032) is the only witness, I am curious just how much information does it have.
Old 2012-05-30, 05:51   Link #2886
desrtsku
Punching bag

Quote:
So the cat (named "Dog" by n. 10032) is the only witness, I am curious just how much information does it have.
With the nature of this series' universe, it's difficult to say if you're serious about it or just throwing a sarcastic comment
Old 2012-05-30, 07:56   Link #2887
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou

Looks like either Saten-san experiences memory conflict (meaning that memories are merely subdued by Mental Out) or Misaki's powers are starting to wear off.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Old 2012-05-30, 08:45   Link #2888
Miraluka
18 forever

Well, there is a reason why Misaki is #5 among the Level5s, she must have her restrictions and limit.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:58   Link #2889
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
With the nature of this series' universe, it's difficult to say if you're serious about it or just throwing a sarcastic comment
Probably both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Looks like either Saten-san experiences memory conflict (meaning that memories are merely subdued by Mental Out) or Misaki's powers are starting to wear off.
Or just Misaki was in a hurry and only quickly erased their memories without filling the gaps.
It's like in computers when you search for specific patern and erase it. It's obvious that if she did it like this, without reading and analyzing those memories, a lot of links/conections/references (or how do you specify it) remained.
It's the same how she remembered Kongou, but not the person who was with her. Or now that she remembered gekota, but not the person who liked them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, there is a reason why Misaki is #5 among the Level5s, she must have her restrictions and limit.
I still bet on the lack of time, when the Kihara guy contacted her, she said she will have to do a lot of memory erasing on her friends, she could mean it time-wise, so they would not notice the gap.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:51   Link #2890
desrtsku
Punching bag

Quote:
Probably both.
*4 hours of research on /a/*

Oh my ... , are they seriously gonna ask a cat?!
Old 2012-05-30, 11:25   Link #2891
leukrota

Quote:
For those that didn't noticed, raw is already out and js06 translated it (look on 4chan). The scanlation should be out in few days.
I just came back from there. js06 rocks...

Anyway, Kongou is stronger than I thought... that was a fast but cool fight, and next comes her posse, this should be interesting.
Quote:
Uh? Definitely not, that's not what psychometry is... They are going to use the cat to psychically find Imouto.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:37   Link #2892
desrtsku
Punching bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Uh? Definitely not, that's not what psychometry is... They are going to use the cat to psychically find Imouto.
Who knows , psychometry is (as they said) used to extract any kind of information from basically anything, it's not unusual for fictions to incorporate "thoughts reading" among the set of works you can accomplish with it. Also a notable anime example of the tropes is the LV.7 girl from Zettai Karen Children who can use psychometry to read thoughts.

BTW : is someone who's able to launch a Radio Tower in the stratosphere really only a LV.4?!! ... I doubt even 100-mecha-arms-Kuroyoru could do that >.> (I even doubt Misaka could with her current feats)

Edit : not obligatorily thoughts ... just something in its memory (not sure if cats can really think that much)
Old 2012-05-30, 11:50   Link #2893
leukrota

Quote:
BTW : is someone who's able to launch a Radio Tower in the stratosphere really only a LV.4?!! ... I doubt even 100-mecha-arms-Kuroyoru could do that >.> (I even doubt Misaka could with her current feats)
Indeed. I think she might be as advanced as Awaki, meaning not too far from level 5... If she can throw stuff into the stratosphere, she could even take down a satellite like tree diagram.

Maybe the only thing holding her back is accuracy.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:05   Link #2894
desrtsku
Punching bag

Quote:
Maybe the only thing holding her back is accuracy.
Yeah, that's right! ... or maybe it takes her too much time to place all points she needs.
Goddamn Kamachi!! you ought to give good feats for my Miko-chin later on (crap, even overloaded Mugino's got a 10k Meltdown beams >.> ... why not my beloved Miko-chin?!!)
Old 2012-05-30, 13:25   Link #2895
tsunade666

-_- you do know your underestimating Mikoto on her ability.

Sure Kongou shows destructive power and Awaki got range, accuracy and large mass but for all that matter. Awaki got good controls that she doesn't need to touch it while Kongou is still restricted in her ability.

Mikoto's ability is very versatile and has lots of works and actually powerful. It even show she is smart enough to counterattack Meltdown and understand it just by seeing it when she and Mugino fought.

Mikoto is strong.... but just don't be constricted in thinking about the other gar/hax people in the tamniverse. Just think on the science side only. Mikoto stops a nuke, can call storms from storm clouds and can even shut down a whole city.

I know I might sound some stupid troll somethings and it because I always had a fight with dumbfuns in 4chan but Mikoto is strong and smart.

Old 2012-05-30, 13:28   Link #2896
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Yeah, that's right! ... or maybe it takes her too much time to place all points she needs.
Goddamn Kamachi!! you ought to give good feats for my Miko-chin later on (crap, even overloaded Mugino's got a 10k Meltdown beams >.> ... why not my beloved Miko-chin?!!)
Actually it has to with how the esper use the ability, Accelerator uses the atmospheric pressure in order to control wind for example.
Also, she has already a versatile use for her powers and enough screen time an her own series.
K
Old 2012-05-30, 14:44   Link #2897
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Sure Kongou shows destructive power and Awaki got range, accuracy and large mass but for all that matter. Awaki got good controls that she doesn't need to touch it while Kongou is still restricted in her ability.
The lack of range doesn't mean she can't become a level 5 (Accelerator doesn't have range after all)

The impression it gave me is that if Kongou had better power control + aim (what I called accuracy) she could expand a lot her power applications. A simple that comes to mind would be flying, if she can put the ejection points anywhere she could place then on the air to propel herself (of course, without accuracy it would be suicidal.)

I think Awaki's problem is a similar one, she cannot go all out without going out of control, but I think both have already enough power output to qualify for level 5.
Old 2012-05-30, 15:16   Link #2898
tsunade666

Quote:
The lack of range doesn't mean she can't become a level 5 (Accelerator doesn't have range after all)
I think you don't get me when I say range. I mean on range on what you ability can do and not the range of your AIM. All level 5 has a category but none of them can be actually called into single use of power while all level 4 are constricted to one type of use on their power. It's just variation of strength and range for it. But for the range of level 5. It became versatility. From defensive use of ability to offensive, to short range and mid range and even long range bombardment. Their range on how to use their ability is so huge compare to restricted use of level 4.

Old 2012-05-30, 20:01   Link #2899
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou

Quote:
The Tokiwadai girl whom Wannai is familiar with is an animal-type psychometrist. She can extract information from animals, and is at least Level 3.

Quote:
LV.7 girl from Zettai Karen Children who can use psychometry to read thoughts.
Oh, Shiho Sannomiya.
Also, offtopic, but I'm falling in love with the Zettai Karen Children anime series. It's like it's a predecessor to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Old 2012-05-30, 20:51   Link #2900
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama Send a message via Skype™ to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think you don't get me when I say range. I mean on range on what you ability can do and not the range of your AIM. All level 5 has a category but none of them can be actually called into single use of power while all level 4 are constricted to one type of use on their power. It's just variation of strength and range for it. But for the range of level 5. It became versatility. From defensive use of ability to offensive, to short range and mid range and even long range bombardment. Their range on how to use their ability is so huge compare to restricted use of level 4.
pretty much this. we hardly ever see mikoto being more badass moments much because she's just inherently badass. since she's the main character, even if she does something special with her powers, we're pretty much used to her versatility so it comes off as nothing that special because we know of her other feats.

Tags
fantasy, shounen