AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-05, 13:41   Link #4701
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
I went to reread the volume version of chapter 41 (slight longer than the magazine one it seems) where Kongou's dad tell her the letter he received is from an old friend who traveled around the world. The scene is a trigger for her to ask him about making friends. But then I wondered if maybe Kongou's dad friend is Mikoto's dad. Well it's random speculation, but did anyone else think about it before?
__________________
chaosprophet is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 14:10   Link #4702
dKmps
ņe
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I went to reread the volume version of chapter 41 (slight longer than the magazine one it seems) where Kongou's dad tell her the letter he received is from an old friend who traveled around the world. The scene is a trigger for her to ask him about making friends. But then I wondered if maybe Kongou's dad friend is Mikoto's dad. Well it's random speculation, but did anyone else think about it before?
I thought about that too.
Also, Touma's dad is an option too, but most likely is Mikoto's.
dKmps is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 17:24   Link #4703
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quoting from quite far back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
That would definitely match with what she said in chapter 54 when she talked about the dark side of AC.
When she mentioned how horrible it is and Mikoto is just turning blind eye to it all and lives ordinary life.

But then, she knew that Mikoto would turn into Demon and decimate AC?
But then what's the meaning behind what she said about Mikoto "There seems to be some hope left, doesn't there?"
How is some remaining hope and destruction of AC connected?
Another thing I noticed from rereading is the last thing Mitori tells Xochitl before parting ways (beginning of ch 59):
"But one warning before I leave. If you have somewhere to return to, you should leave Academy City right this instant. If you want to live much longer, that is."

So it may be indeed part of Mitori's plan to have Mikoto go berserk and destroy the city. It may also be part of Gensei plan... although I don't see what he could gain by it. And if it something she is doing behind his back, then maybe she could do a surprise attack like destroying exterior to make Gensei lose control of Misaka and just let her rampage.

And her hope may mean that the anger / dark feelings Mikoto have regarding what the city does behind the scnes may influence her in trying to destroy everything.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 17:30   Link #4704
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
im very sure all of this gensei stuff is still in sousuke aizen aleister plan
keikaku dori
__________________
hamazura is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 19:23   Link #4705
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 24
I actually wonder if Aleister will ever appear in the railgun side.
Shinhwa is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 19:33   Link #4706
dniv
Science is Romance
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Maybe Aleister wants Touma to face Mikoto and have Touma get injured perhaps you know... in a certain way that only a certain character could get injured to change the stability level of a certain power?

Anyway, I am curious if we will perhaps get to see "that" happen... it would be an excuse for both Touma and Mikoto to forget what had happened after all. It would be a way for Touma to be able to win after all... Though I am being way too hopeful here there is no way Kamachi is going to bring it out this early... it took 22 volumes in Index to reveal it after all

Anyway... that would be nice... but I am curious as to what is going on... though what Mitori had said was bothering me. That speculation about her predicting something very bad to happen in AC... though I wonder if Mitori will mention magic to Gensei because Xochitl told her about magic spells that'll shake things up...

BTW:
Spoiler for Index Light novels Kihara family lineage:
So the idea that he was watching the experiment with Accelerator makes complete sense. I feel like Gensei could have been following what was going on very well...

Though my response to people saying why Aleister didn't just prevent Gensei from doing what he was doing for science if he was doing something counterproductive or Aleister's plans... well... let's face it. Aleister is a lazy bastard. He doesn't actually do anything to help anyone unless he absolutely has to... He pretty much never helps... unless he feels it is necessary. We know this from experience. He seems too preoccupied with spying on Misaka's clones and being an old lech (oh wait did I join in on this too XD) to help the others with protecting the city from being destroyed. Aleister seems to really only care about himself anyway... and he seems to not need to care about himself... so he really just doesn't need to care anyway... I am sure that messing with the Imaginary number district raises all hell for everyone involved... my only question is how anyone concluded he was messing with it.

I thought there was no mention of it in the past chapter??? I know Flere translated it that way... but... I didn't see it anywhere... Anyway he did call Aleister, Aleister-kun like I said, so Aleister must really not care because otherwise I am sure Aleister would wipe the floor with him It's strange seeing how much influence Gensei actually has... I hope we get to see more Kiharas in action soon enough... in the railgun manga... that would make things even more interesting.

I have to say though: 22 more days + time for translation before we learn what is actually going on... darn it...
dniv is offline  
Old 2013-08-06, 07:08   Link #4707
R.LocK
My turn
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
@dniv. Show proof that Gensei is Amata's father. It's never been stated in LNs if my memory serves me right.
R.LocK is online now  
Old 2013-08-06, 09:21   Link #4708
dniv
Science is Romance
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
@dniv. Show proof that Gensei is Amata's father. It's never been stated in LNs if my memory serves me right.
Actually, it is not stated in the Fanfare LN, but can be implicitly concluded once reading it.

It says that Nayuta's uncle is Amata and that her cousin is Terestina who is the grand-daughter of Gensei... so in any case... Gensei has at least some connection with Amata through family whether or not he is his son... Hope that gives more credibility to my line of thinking...
dniv is offline  
Old 2013-08-06, 09:32   Link #4709
R.LocK
My turn
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Uh, hello? Nayuta calls Mikoto, Takitsubo and Banri her sisters, but it doesn't mean that they are, right? The same is with Amata. Oji-san, in her case, means nothing but that Amata is significantly older than Nayuta. Even Nayuta's connection with Therestina is not certain. You're reading too much into it, really.
R.LocK is online now  
Old 2013-08-06, 10:10   Link #4710
dniv
Science is Romance
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Uh, hello? Nayuta calls Mikoto, Takitsubo and Banri her sisters, but it doesn't mean that they are, right? The same is with Amata. Oji-san, in her case, means nothing but that Amata is significantly older than Nayuta. Even Nayuta's connection with Therestina is not certain. You're reading too much into it, really.
Well English Index wiki seemed to agree with me on the fact that her uncle is Amata and that her cousin or sister is Therestina... they seemed to think it was a definite familial connection.

Gensei even tells Nayuta that he would be happy if she would do experiments just like her older sister or cousin (whatever) did... so... I don't exactly think it's reading too much into it... I'm pretty sure the translation was different at those different points, but the english fails to capture the context...

Either way, I don't read Japanese so you may be right. I am just going off what I read there and what I saw on Index wiki...
dniv is offline  
Old 2013-08-06, 11:31   Link #4711
R.LocK
My turn
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well English Index wiki seemed to agree with me on the fact that her uncle is Amata and that her cousin or sister is Therestina... they seemed to think it was a definite familial connection.

Gensei even tells Nayuta that he would be happy if she would do experiments just like her older sister or cousin (whatever) did... so... I don't exactly think it's reading too much into it... I'm pretty sure the translation was different at those different points, but the english fails to capture the context...

Either way, I don't read Japanese so you may be right. I am just going off what I read there and what I saw on Index wiki...
Wikia is not something you can just read and believe. You need to take some things with a grain of salt.

First of all, due to her manner of speaking, Nayuta is unreliable narrator. She actively uses honorifics that are kept for family, so it's hard to determine if she has connections to some people or not. Besides, Kihara clan is not bound together by bloodlines, so it makes the situation even harder.

Second, I do not know Japanese so I'm using Teh_Ping's translation as a reference. Gensei's words are pretty vague to me due to punctuation used. So, this point can be taken with a grain of salt as well.

My point is, do not draw connections between members of Kihara, except for what is stated by author as a definite fact. It's confusing.
R.LocK is online now  
Old 2013-08-06, 14:48   Link #4712
Candyshark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Isn't Kamachi forcefeeding Mikoto this developement? It is seems really major in this chapter but does not echoes anywhere later in Indexverse. Who knows how long it gonna gaher dust untill kamachi decide to put it in novels. Sometimes I think Mikoto popularity hurts to merchandise. To me most interesting question is not what kind of value does Mikoto has on chessboard but the transformation looks? Why even affecting Misaka Network with virus has effect on Original? I thought they are not that "connected" to each other.

Putting falcon punches and maniac laughs aside: I do hope it is build up for Full Tuning. Like she is failsafe exactly if Mikoto looses control. I don't believe Aleister does not have Kaspersky laying somewhere around. Besides I don't believe Mikoto can reach same thing as Accel simply seeing her powers to be too ordinary compared to the rest of 5's. Spitting sparks aint impressive when you are up against mosters who bent laws of universe. Even Mental Out is more intriguing. Can't help but to feel Hanten Shiranui vibes. Plus her development been amazing thus far.

For sure a chapter to feed unsatable minds of fanfiction enthusiasts.
Candyshark is offline  
Old 2013-08-06, 14:54   Link #4713
dniv
Science is Romance
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Wikia is not something you can just read and believe. You need to take some things with a grain of salt.

First of all, due to her manner of speaking, Nayuta is unreliable narrator. She actively uses honorifics that are kept for family, so it's hard to determine if she has connections to some people or not. Besides, Kihara clan is not bound together by bloodlines, so it makes the situation even harder.

Second, I do not know Japanese so I'm using Teh_Ping's translation as a reference. Gensei's words are pretty vague to me due to punctuation used. So, this point can be taken with a grain of salt as well.

My point is, do not draw connections between members of Kihara, except for what is stated by author as a definite fact. It's confusing.
Fine. Fine. I'll take future info with a grain of salt... Still Index Wiki is pretty accurate with information in general though... (in my defense)
dniv is offline  
Old 2013-08-06, 16:24   Link #4714
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Isn't Kamachi forcefeeding Mikoto this developement? It is seems really major in this chapter but does not echoes anywhere later in Indexverse. Who knows how long it gonna gaher dust untill kamachi decide to put it in novels. Sometimes I think Mikoto popularity hurts to merchandise. To me most interesting question is not what kind of value does Mikoto has on chessboard but the transformation looks? Why even affecting Misaka Network with virus has effect on Original? I thought they are not that "connected" to each other.
We still need next chapter to know what exactly was done to Mikoto, but it doesn't seems that what happened to her have anything to do with the virus affecting her. The virus was used to force the Misaka Network to do something, which seems to be pouring the whole network in Mikoto, force connecting her to it, or something like that, which people guess can work like a Level Upper. Considering what is needed for the connection is similar brain waves, even before this happening people been wondering if and what could happen if Mikoto was to connect to it.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 20:00   Link #4715
Pyromania
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
It is fairly clear that Gensei used the Sisters' network to hijack the "Artificial Heaven" in Academy City that is composed of the AIM of all those espers. The Sisters are explicitly for this purpose and from Knockwright we even have a "Is that the Sister's network? ..... no, it's something else".

That 'something else' is almost surely the artificial heaven. If that was forced into Mikoto it would explain her transformation, but that would just be a "she's the closest vessel on hand" sort of thing which this DOES NOT seem to be.

Gensei plotted to use Mikoto from the beginning, indicating that she had some special value here. If all he needed was a high-level Esper he would have just used Shoukuhou, who he knew was already opposing him. He WANTED to use Mikoto from the start, before she was ever involved in the events of this arc (i.e. when she was happily playing with Kongou).

Furthermore Gensei said "I'll use this [Artificial Heaven] to awaken your sleeping powers". He's talking to Mikoto here. So Mikoto actually has this power, and it is worth utilizing the Artificial Heaven to awaken it. That's crazy and significant in the grand scheme of the Indexverse plot. Very high up there in the "WTF" factor because until this point Mikoto's value has been seen PURELY as publicity for AC's Esper development program.

Crazy stuff. Of course we have no idea what this Demisaka can do. There is some implication that Mitori expects her to destroy Academy City (based on what she told Xochitl).
Pyromania is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 20:25   Link #4716
Gray Servant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Logically, one would think that if all that AIM got poured into Misaka, she'd be at least as strong as Fuze=Kazakiri, who's comprised of all that AIM...

(Wait, is Kazakiri inside Misaka right now?!)
Gray Servant is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 20:46   Link #4717
dniv
Science is Romance
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
I still don't see why it has to be the Artificial Heaven. There are a ton of things it could be otherwise... That would be convenient... but it still isn't clear yet... I think these conclusions should be made with a grain of salt...

Either way... whatever is powering up Mikoto, I am curious whether Gensei saying that this is the "start" of another level 6 shift project makes me wonder whether this will end this arc or will continue into future arcs... Because if it is just the start and not the main part of the project that he had been preparing for so long... then it makes me believe that even if things are resolved now, Mikoto's troubles with regard to level 6 probably won't end now. At least that seems true This either means this arc is still short compared to its final version or that this issue will be more pronounced in future arcs... I wish both happened I wouldn't mind for like a 48 episode season III half story, half filler.
dniv is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 21:05   Link #4718
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: land of 10,00 lakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
It is fairly clear that Gensei used the Sisters' network to hijack the "Artificial Heaven" in Academy City that is composed of the AIM of all those espers. The Sisters are explicitly for this purpose and from Knockwright we even have a "Is that the Sister's network? ..... no, it's something else".

That 'something else' is almost surely the artificial heaven. If that was forced into Mikoto it would explain her transformation, but that would just be a "she's the closest vessel on hand" sort of thing which this DOES NOT seem to be.

Gensei plotted to use Mikoto from the beginning, indicating that she had some special value here. If all he needed was a high-level Esper he would have just used Shoukuhou, who he knew was already opposing him. He WANTED to use Mikoto from the start, before she was ever involved in the events of this arc (i.e. when she was happily playing with Kongou).

Furthermore Gensei said "I'll use this [Artificial Heaven] to awaken your sleeping powers". He's talking to Mikoto here. So Mikoto actually has this power, and it is worth utilizing the Artificial Heaven to awaken it. That's crazy and significant in the grand scheme of the Indexverse plot. Very high up there in the "WTF" factor because until this point Mikoto's value has been seen PURELY as publicity for AC's Esper development program.

Crazy stuff. Of course we have no idea what this Demisaka can do. There is some implication that Mitori expects her to destroy Academy City (based on what she told Xochitl).
It's still to early to call this development significant to the Raildex universe and I wouldn't really call it Mikoto's power as she has to borrow from the Sisters.
@gray servant

__________________
lazydoggamer is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 21:43   Link #4719
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Just making sure, but that's Mikoto, not 10032 that transformed, right?
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2013-08-07, 23:39   Link #4720
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 19
Holy F*** shit is hitting the fan so hard.

Ah, so that's why it's named Exterior because it is a part of Misaki's brain that has been excavated out of her skull and technically outside of her

Anyway, just how many people have sent a virus in the MISAKA Network? That's like, the 3rd time already?

Of course, Gensei knows about the main plan, no surprise there.

Sigh, so much shit going on, I this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Accelerator showed up. Depends if Last Order is affected, I guess.

By the way, I love how the arcs are related in Railgun: Level Upper, Polteirgest, Level 6 Shift, and now this, Exterior.

Wow.

Anyway, that's one crazy festival, don't you think, people?
allfictions is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.