AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-29, 16:17   Link #6301
Pablete

Certain character took just a breeze to utterly crush Gunha.

I think Mikoto is even far away from reaching
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2014-01-29, 17:28   Link #6302
LazyHunter

Mikoto has gotten stronger but she's still far from being top tier of Index. No way she's close to Level 6 going by what she's shown so far.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Gensei shows Misaki why you should never underestimate a Kihara. Hopefully Kuroko can finish Mitori next chapter because her part was kind of dragging out without nothing really interesting happening.
Old 2014-01-29, 18:56   Link #6303
zaeraal

I have read the chapter and it seems some stuff needs to be clarified.

Mikoto was at 2% when the fight started.
At 53% her personality would transform to something out of this world.
And after that the limiter code is needed to keep her in this world. (ch 64)
Gensei mentioned in current chapter that he needs to hurry, in other words, she is getting close to those 53%.
Which is reached once this transformation is completed, which means she is at cca 50% now.
The growth is not linear, but EXPONENTIAL!! (given Accel and other "godly" beings)
Which means you can't compare her yet to the Level 6.

Another note: Gunha is not down completly, why? because:
1 - there is no blood
2 - he is clenching his fist, unconscious people don't tend to do that.
3 - energy (wings) are coming out of his back, which implies active power control.
4 - Touma is ignoring him, if he was beaten up, he would be standing near him.
5 - he is not lying, just sitting, pissed off at his own weak guts.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY! compare his position in the 2 frames at page 21.
In first one he looks like just being pushed down to ground
In the second one his position changed and he is already standing up.

Misaki didn't cheated Gensei as he mentioned "Input complete".
And even if she did, he can just turn around and get the real code.

Gensei's whole body is made of prosthetic technology.
He even proves it by hitting his head - the untranslated sfx means "Clank clank".
Which is used for metal hitting metal. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/clank
Which implies that this weak looking old body might be just to decieve his opponents.
And underneath is a terminator-like cyborg structure

As for Mitori, she still has her whip and it might be more than a tool for sadomasochism.
Because last time Kuroko attacked her, she instinctively reached for it and it looked like she wanted to use it somehow.
Also she still might have a hidden knife or sent that doll of hers back to her.
But most importantly, she uses LEVEL UPPER to reach Mikoto. (ch 63)
I hope you all remember what happened to Kiyama when she got cornered and almost lost to Mikoto.
Besides that Kuroko can't just take over and stop Mikoto.
Even defeating Mitori would not be enough to stop it because:
1 - Mitori is not directly controlling her, only acting as GUIDE (ch 63)
2 - Gensei is also connected to the Level upper, heck he is the "boss" of it.
Another issue is Gensei himself.
The exterior had range several kilometers WITHOUT the release code.
With the code, it should be even larger, he can without any problems reach Kuroko and Mitori and do what he wants if something goes wrong.
Old 2014-01-30, 16:11   Link #6304
Gray Servant

The end of this arc is just going to have Alesteir show up and say "Fufufu, did you really think that was what Level 6 was?", and then Gensei dies.

I mean, no one actually thinks Gensei knows what the hell he's talking about right?
Old 2014-01-31, 02:32   Link #6305
OH&S
Watched The Last; Not Bad

Actually I have a question. When we get a glimpse of a beaten Sogiita Gunha along with Kamijou, what are those 4 'things' sticking out from around his body? Are they debris or maybe a byproduct of Misaka's or Sogiita's power?
Old 2014-01-31, 07:39   Link #6306
dniv
Perfect in every way

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I have read the chapter and it seems some stuff needs to be clarified.

Mikoto was at 2% when the fight started.
At 53% her personality would transform to something out of this world.
And after that the limiter code is needed to keep her in this world. (ch 64)
Gensei mentioned in current chapter that he needs to hurry, in other words, she is getting close to those 53%.
Which is reached once this transformation is completed, which means she is at cca 50% now.
The growth is not linear, but EXPONENTIAL!! (given Accel and other "godly" beings)
Which means you can't compare her yet to the Level 6.

Another note: Gunha is not down completly, why? because:
1 - there is no blood
2 - he is clenching his fist, unconscious people don't tend to do that.
3 - energy (wings) are coming out of his back, which implies active power control.
4 - Touma is ignoring him, if he was beaten up, he would be standing near him.
5 - he is not lying, just sitting, pissed off at his own weak guts.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY! compare his position in the 2 frames at page 21.
In first one he looks like just being pushed down to ground
In the second one his position changed and he is already standing up.

Misaki didn't cheated Gensei as he mentioned "Input complete".
And even if she did, he can just turn around and get the real code.

Gensei's whole body is made of prosthetic technology.
He even proves it by hitting his head - the untranslated sfx means "Clank clank".
Which is used for metal hitting metal. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/clank
Which implies that this weak looking old body might be just to decieve his opponents.
And underneath is a terminator-like cyborg structure

As for Mitori, she still has her whip and it might be more than a tool for sadomasochism.
Because last time Kuroko attacked her, she instinctively reached for it and it looked like she wanted to use it somehow.
Also she still might have a hidden knife or sent that doll of hers back to her.
But most importantly, she uses LEVEL UPPER to reach Mikoto. (ch 63)
I hope you all remember what happened to Kiyama when she got cornered and almost lost to Mikoto.
Besides that Kuroko can't just take over and stop Mikoto.
Even defeating Mitori would not be enough to stop it because:
1 - Mitori is not directly controlling her, only acting as GUIDE (ch 63)
2 - Gensei is also connected to the Level upper, heck he is the "boss" of it.
Another issue is Gensei himself.
The exterior had range several kilometers WITHOUT the release code.
With the code, it should be even larger, he can without any problems reach Kuroko and Mitori and do what he wants if something goes wrong.
That was all amazing stuff to know. Thank you as always, for your wonderful insight/information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
The end of this arc is just going to have Alesteir show up and say "Fufufu, did you really think that was what Level 6 was?", and then Gensei dies.

I mean, no one actually thinks Gensei knows what the hell he's talking about right?
I don't know. Let's just think about the anime. Gensei was ultimately in some sort of way responsible for everything in seasons 1 and 2. Thinking about the manga, he was responsible for everything that happened.

Heaven's Cancellor doesn't know much about Gensei and he's ___ who really should be able to find out, but for some reason can't.

Now that it is obvious that Gensei is much stronger than we thought before, I'm guessing this arc isn't going to resolve that easily for many reasons.

1. Aleister won't leave his building unless he absolutely needs to.

2. Exterior has such capabilities that Gensei could just decide to leak a lot of sensitive information to X number of people within a few kilometers or more with the limiter code, by messing with their memories, and adding some information to them. That's a large bargaining chip he can use.

3. I'm hoping/expecting Will-san to possible make an appearance in this arc, especially since as we were just told in NT 9...
Spoiler for NT 9:

4. Considering Exterior can mess with everyone's memories, it is very possible that Misaki will use it at the end of the arc to make everyone go back to normal. However, Kongou already knows about Mikoto's "sister" and Mikoto won't erase her memories. Her other friends are probably going to find out as well. In any case, Kuroko will likely find out given that she already knows about the remnant arc. This combined with the fact that Kuroko is aware of the fact that Mikoto fought Accel (shown only in the Index manga) when she finds her coins at the battle scene, the day after the battle. In any case, Kamachi seems to be on a torture my main characters streak with destroying their relationships temporarily. I don't see why it wouldn't happen here. Sisters arc ended pretty gloomily. I'd expect this arc to as well. Don't let the anime cloud your minds.

5. There are still unexplained parts of this arc. Until they are explained, this arc isn't ending. It's also clear why Kamachi has the liberty to make this arc so long; it's because he doesn't have to worry about J.C. staff doing Railgun III in the near future. This is letting him make it really, really long. That's probably a good thing.

6. Finally, if the Growth rate of Mikoto's power is as exponential as how good the LN's get with each passing volume, then when Mikoto hits level 6, she'd probably be absolutely insane power-wise.

As a side-point: Kamachi knows that LN people read and enjoy the manga. This is exactly why he's going to do something clever with this arc, even more clever than what he has already done. He knows that if he doesn't have some amazing thing happen, it would be expected. So I'm ready for a very unnerving turn of events to happen somewhere down along the line in this arc.

What I really can't wait for is when the manga catches up with the end of Index II, then I'm sure the story will get even better. We just have to wait, really.
Old 2014-01-31, 08:38   Link #6307
cleed

I don't understand why people keep on down playing Mikoto current form in this manga. Whether she can beat anybody that is not preasent is a subjective issue.
Old 2014-01-31, 23:00   Link #6308
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

I heard people saying Railgun might end after this arc.

But I think I found a counterargument, an hint written long ago by Kamachi in his parody story...

"That" which is under direct control of Tokiwadai Middle School's Student Council
But more important than any of these was the vast, accretive weight of small things, from planes which hadnít crashed to men and women who had come to the correct place at the perfect time and thus founded generations. He saw kisses exchanged in doorways and wallets returned and men who had come to a splitting of the way and chosen the right fork. He saw a thousand random meetings that werenít random, ten thousand right decisions, a hundred thousand right answers, a million acts of unacknowledged kindness.

For every brick that landed on the ground instead of some little kidís head, for every tornado that missed the trailer park, for every missile that didnít fly, for every hand stayed from violence, there was the Tower.

óThe Dark Tower, Wolves of the Calla
Old 2014-02-01, 00:34   Link #6309
dniv
Perfect in every way

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

But I think I found a counterargument, an hint written long ago by Kamachi in his parody story...

"That" which is under direct control of Tokiwadai Middle School's Student Council
Yay. That looks like good solid evidence. Though it could end, and then we'd get a NT Railgun manga (thought the NT would start earlier...)
Old 2014-02-01, 03:01   Link #6310
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

"New Testament" is something religious though, i.e. magic side. ("Magical Index")

For Railgun you'd need something more "scientific". ("Scientific Railgun")
Old 2014-02-01, 06:20   Link #6311
Draco Spirit

Not be surprised if we get a timeskip at some point, they might even do some Kuroko and co stuff while Misaka is in Russia >.<
Old 2014-02-01, 06:40   Link #6312
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
"New Testament" is something religious though, i.e. magic side. ("Magical Index")

For Railgun you'd need something more "scientific". ("Scientific Railgun")
A Certain Scientific Breakthrough Railgun!
Old 2014-02-01, 06:55   Link #6313
zaeraal

I don't see any point in renaming the manga.
Index was renamed because it was half way through the series and there was just too many books already.
It didn't had any other significance as nothing changed in NT.
Railgun does not have that many books / arcs to be in need of a rename.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

Except that Kamachi keeps this prophecy stuff to INDEX ONLY.
Railgun only serves as a "more in-depth explanation" of the Index events from Mikoto's perspective.

I don't agree with ending after Daihasei as there are 3 weeks (at least 1 arc) space before WW3 arc.
After which Mikoto's perspective is well shown in Index LNs as she becomes more involved there.
Which decreases her possible screentime and involvement in Railgun arcs.
And also her relations with her "friends" (Kuroko, Uiharu, Saten) become questionable.
(She literary abandoned them in the Index LNs)

Whch could imply a possible end of Railgun manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Not be surprised if we get a timeskip at some point, they might even do some Kuroko and co stuff while Misaka is in Russia >.<
Railgun was supposed to be Kuroko's manga, before it was decided that Mikoto had to be the mc.
And given it's popularity, I think all the shippers agree with such decission.

It's impossible now for them to kick Mikoto aside, so Kuroko can have her own arc.
Though ditching Kuroko, Uiharu and Saten and having a Mikoto-only arc is actually plausible.
Old 2014-02-03, 00:20   Link #6314
Shadow5YA

You know... can't Misaki brainwash herself into believing in the wrong code?
Old 2014-02-03, 03:31   Link #6315
whitecloud

well, after WW3 its back to normal for mikoto to some level so i guess we will see thing like this?

daihasesai finish -> 3 weeks empty space -> ww3 (may or may not include) -> NT arc

i guess it will be interesting if we add more thing in the ww3 arc from misaka side since even though there is some i dont think there is enough + i want to see ww3 in manga form
Old 2014-02-03, 03:52   Link #6316
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You know... can't Misaki brainwash herself into believing in the wrong code?
Yes, she theoretically can, but unless it causes self destruction of the brain, Gensei can just turn around and take the real code.

Some people even refferenced the chapter 63, where she looked at her phone and had 2 stars in her eyes.
Normaly she has 1 star, which could imply she mindcontrolled herself.

She even said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch 63 page 14
First I memorize the limiters release code and leave no data behind
and then...
(just as she had the 2 stars in her eyes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
well, after WW3 its back to normal for mikoto to some level so i guess we will see thing like this?

daihasesai finish -> 3 weeks empty space -> ww3 (may or may not include) -> NT arc

i guess it will be interesting if we add more thing in the ww3 arc from misaka side since even though there is some i dont think there is enough + i want to see ww3 in manga form
In the 3 week empty space there was a lot of stuff going on in AC, even Saten was drawn on one of the BGs.
And I believe there was mentioned some uprising in AC during ww3 (which was skipped in LN), so there is some chance.
But like I said Mikoto becomes heavily involved with Index-side after that. where her perspective is well shown.
Old 2014-02-03, 05:02   Link #6317
whitecloud

In NT arc there is a some of free time i guess, like when touma went to baggage city, or when he first went missing
Old 2014-02-03, 06:34   Link #6318
Draco Spirit

Oh I know one thing they could work with, Uiharu's encounter with Last Order, which isn't too far after this arc if I remember correctly?
Old 2014-02-03, 08:25   Link #6319
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
In NT arc there is a some of free time i guess, like when touma went to baggage city, or when he first went missing
True, when he first went missing Misaka was completely depressed, so I doubt an arc can work there.
Old 2014-02-03, 12:29   Link #6320
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Yes, she theoretically can, but unless it causes self destruction of the brain, Gensei can just turn around and take the real code.
How can Gensei know it's a fake if Misaki convinces herself that it's real?
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen