AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-25, 19:25   Link #1661
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Ur all gonna go crazy.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-04-26, 08:05   Link #1662
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Academy City
I think the Queen will not be revealed.
Reading the wikia, i strongly believe we're just gonna see the mind-controlled followers of her's.
__________________
Level 5 in Black
IppoTsuko is offline  
Old 2011-04-26, 08:09   Link #1663
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Am I the only one who thinks that since:

1) She has never appeared in public ever
2) That she supposedly can warp and alter memories so that one can never remember her if she ever did.

That the supposed "Queen of Tokiwadai" could very well just be another ruse created by Aliester Crowley to be used as a red-herring/distraction/political tool/urban legend to mislead his enemies, and in all likelihood never existed?
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline  
Old 2011-04-26, 08:29   Link #1664
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Everything is possible with him, but there had to be some scientists who worked on her, proving or not her existence.
Though seeing how they can be easily controlled, I wouldn't be surprised otherwise.
Zakoo is offline  
Old 2011-04-26, 08:44   Link #1665
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
some more spoilers i found about chapter 40 - http://img545.imageshack.us/g/1303739050789.jpg/

In this chapter you can see Misaka with her normal hairpin and later the flower one (probably bought it?)
And for some unknow reason, emotions Mitsuko Kongō made, really reminded me of Saten, i just hope she doe not start fliping skirts.

(as for Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko - no sign of them, sigh )

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-04-26 at 09:35.
zaeraal is offline  
Old 2011-04-26, 09:00   Link #1666
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Translation of this page:
Spoiler for img:


Kongou: That's a very large family, isn't it? It's like a daimyo's procession...
Wannai Kinuho: Yes, that is one of the biggest things Tokiwadai is proud of.
Kinuho: The Queen, also known as the Level 5 "Mental Out",
Kinuho: Shokuhou-sama's faction.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2011-04-26, 09:10   Link #1667
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Yes... YES! We finally found out her name!!
Now we just need to find out how she looks like, what a hell Touma said to Aztec-Boy and Amagami Pierce's Evil Intentions.
__________________

Last edited by Nayrael; 2011-04-26 at 09:40.
Nayrael is online now  
Old 2011-04-26, 09:33   Link #1668
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I'm much more hype up when I see the raw and saw stalker-kun on it.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2011-04-26, 10:23   Link #1669
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
some more spoilers i found about chapter 40 - http://img545.imageshack.us/g/1303739050789.jpg/

In this chapter you can see Misaka with her normal hairpin and later the flower one (probably bought it?)
And for some unknow reason, emotions Mitsuko Kongō made, really reminded me of Saten, i just hope she doe not start fliping skirts.

(as for Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko - no sign of them, sigh )
Interesting. So Mitsuko Kongō makes her debut in the railgun manga. I am really curious to see what her role is this chapter.
__________________
RPG_Fanatic is offline  
Old 2011-04-26, 14:01   Link #1670
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Remember the Vol. 8 prologue with Kongo and Kuroko?
Well this chapter has a re-do of that prologue.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-04-26, 20:54   Link #1671
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that since:

1) She has never appeared in public ever
2) That she supposedly can warp and alter memories so that one can never remember her if she ever did.

That the supposed "Queen of Tokiwadai" could very well just be another ruse created by Aliester Crowley to be used as a red-herring/distraction/political tool/urban legend to mislead his enemies, and in all likelihood never existed?
Supposedly Mikoto had met Mental Out before (don't know if it's face to face), but Mikoto can't handle her personality and doesn't trust her with another person's (ie Touma's) mind. It might be possible it could be Aleister toying around, but there's no motive for him to do so right?
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-04-27, 06:55   Link #1672
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
*Images Mental Out amplified by Cyborg implants so her range is long enough that she can mess with every mind in Academy City.*

Scary...
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-04-27, 07:54   Link #1673
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
We don't even know how mental out works; there could be conditions like requiring touch, or eye to eye contact, or the target must be willing.

Either way I doubt it's as overpowered as we think.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-04-27, 07:56   Link #1674
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Academy City
Mental Out ought to have a condition to use or it will be too hax
__________________
Level 5 in Black
IppoTsuko is offline  
Old 2011-04-27, 10:21   Link #1675
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
Mental Out ought to have a condition to use or it will be too hax
It requires physical contact between the user and the target.

Considering that the level of editing is in league to what the Accelerator did to Last Order and Misaka Worst then it probably needs a high level of concentration, meaning that just like the Accelerator she probably can't do anything else when she is mangling someone with complicated instructions, all of this is just theory, of course.


BTW, between Unabara politic pressure type of stalking and Kongoh going full dere over Misaka, chapter 40 is looking mighty good.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-04-27 at 10:44.
Okashira is offline  
Old 2011-04-27, 11:56   Link #1676
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
It requires physical contact between the user and the target.

Considering that the level of editing is in league to what the Accelerator did to Last Order and Misaka Worst then it probably needs a high level of concentration, meaning that just like the Accelerator she probably can't do anything else when she is mangling someone with complicated instructions, all of this is just theory, of course.


BTW, between Unabara politic pressure type of stalking and Kongoh going full dere over Misaka, chapter 40 is looking mighty good.
Not necesarily, telepathist don't need to touch a person for their powers to work (erii, banri as example) also power dummy check (miho) which erases the user presence from other people only needs an direct eye contact. Measure hearth should also work at distance.

Accelerator had to be at close distance, because he can only use his attacks at close distance. Telepathist carry signals through wind or other medium to the target. (mentioned somewhere in LN that if touma puts his hand in front of a person, that person would be unable to recieve telepathic signals, because the invisible current of wind will be disrupted.

Though it is possible that simple thinghts as making people see illusions, telepathy, amplification of will, erasing presence, mind control, and reading memories would work at larger distance. And the more complex - rewriting personality, injection/deleting memories, transplantation of emotions will work only at close distance and WILL NEED A LOT OF HER CONCENTRATION.
zaeraal is offline  
Old 2011-04-27, 14:49   Link #1677
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Well shes a Level 5 and you know how talented they can be. Hmm
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2011-04-27, 15:14   Link #1678
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Well shes a Level 5 and you know how talented they can be. Hmm
She must have limitations like Mugino who is 4th, there must be a serious limit to her power like time of use, range, number and effectivity.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-04-27, 15:17   Link #1679
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
If that ability was perfect, she would have been above Mugino, possibly even above Mikoto.
There is definitely a limit since she is just #5.
__________________
Nayrael is online now  
Old 2011-04-27, 16:37   Link #1680
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
If that ability was perfect, she would have been above Mugino, possibly even above Mikoto.
There is definitely a limit since she is just #5.
Don't forget that the level 5 espers are ranked based on how useful they are to academy city, not how strong they are. In a railgun SS, the 7th ranked level 5, was able to catch Mikoto railgun with his teeth.

We shouldn't make assumptions about how strong The Queen is based on her rank.
__________________
RPG_Fanatic is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.