AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 138 42.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 18.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 52 15.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 8.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 5.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.27%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-01, 08:02   Link #881
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Cornelia and Suzaku together, yes. But the three of them together? Needs more screentime before I'm convinced.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:32   Link #882
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
Yes but Lulu didn't know that at the time, heck that power didn't even exist then. As far a Lulu and the rest of us knew at that time she was in perma JP killing mode with no way of getting back to normal.
He sure as hell didn't try very hard to find out otherwise, did he?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 08:43   Link #883
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did C.C. tell him about him about her geass cancelling power? No, she kept it to herself and only used it when she had too to reawaken his memories. It was only after that happened did he know that she could. She seems to be playing things close to her chest.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 09:01   Link #884
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Did C.C. tell him about him about her geass cancelling power? No, she kept it to herself and only used it when she had too to reawaken his memories. It was only after that happened did he know that she could. She seems to be playing things close to her chest.
DN's Ryuk, anyone?
Old 2008-07-01, 09:01   Link #885
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
She's unwilling to give away information, this is for sure. But we've known this ever since she turned up in Lelouch's room in S1...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 09:10   Link #886
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
She's unwilling to give away information, this is for sure. But we've known this ever since she turned up in Lelouch's room in S1...
Who knows what other helpful abilities she's got and is keeping tabs on.
Old 2008-07-01, 11:05   Link #887
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

I think Lulu is def. going to be pissed when he lerans about C.C. ability to talk to Marianne.
If he gets to know, that is.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 11:07   Link #888
FuzzyWuzzy

Corenelia isn't a cyborg. For the love of everything sacred, drop the theory already.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 13:01   Link #889
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yeah, and the Emperor has been a public supporter of the classic moral system throughout the series, exposing the value of honesty, frankness and not lying even to your allies.
[/snarky]

Though I'd accept that lying even to the audience would be quite the underhanded trick from the writers
Something I never got with this whole "Suzaku is the only Rounds to have been here" gist is that we saw like six or five of those black-robed knights walking in out of the Sword of Akasha to report to the Emperor.

Now are those guys part of the Geass cult or something?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 13:10   Link #890
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
Something I never got with this whole "Suzaku is the only Rounds to have been here" gist is that we saw like six or five of those black-robed knights walking in out of the Sword of Akasha to report to the Emperor.

The Emperor's personal guards. In EP5/6 when Lulu threw his hissy fit and renounced his claim to the throne they were standing guard either side of the Emperor.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:11   Link #891
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post

They weren't knights to begin with.
It seems they're from the Cult.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 13:20   Link #892
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
The Emperor's personal guards. In EP5/6 when Lulu threw his hissy fit and renounced his claim to the throne they were standing guard either side of the Emperor.
No those are just honor guards.

The guys running around the in the temple wear something else. I was under the impression that they are the Emperor's advisors and assistants.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 13:21   Link #893
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Also don't forget, Britannia had covered up Euphie's death in Lulu's hands and claim she was executed by the Britannain government. So there is no "heroism" points scored here; most people didn't know Zero did it.
Y'know i had actually forgotten about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1thril View Post
tried any alternative other than killing her...once she's in her right mind she can decide whether or not she wants to know what happened. suzaku only said that cuz she was already fatally wounded. nothing the doctors did could save her so she might as well die happily. frankly, i would rather know the truth so i can do something about it to redeem myself if necessary. and like i said before...i'd rather make my own decisions than have someone decide for me, which is why i don't approve of LL's mercy killing.
She can decide whether or not she wants to know? how does she decide she WANTS to know the horrible truth without TELLING her the horrible truth... and you can't hide it from her as she would still have found out eventually (not knowing is not even an option for her)... she can make decisions on what she wants to do after she knows the truth, but before that she is rendered unable to make her own decision as she is unable to know the consequences of her decisions... Even her father's mind wipe would be useless as the world would always remind her

Quote:
one way is regain the trust of the japanese and recreate the SAZ and have it work this time. of course...they would need to take care of the geass problem first
So basically do EXACTLY what she was gonna do before... her calling that her redemption would be like her admitting the the first time was nothing more than a trap... normally you try to do MORE in life than you did before to redeem yourself...

and having the geass revealed would not erase the people's feelings as their would always be the lingering feeling hatred and mistrust. Hell, even if you proved the geass existence, some may refuse to believe that Euphie was under it's control saying that the whole "Geass thing" was nothing more than a false reason to excuse her actions (like anytime somebody does something bad, they say "they were under a geass" as a defence)... even zero admitting he did it would be received by many as "he is just trying to protect her"

Quote:
Slayerx: the thing with being alive is, you have a chance to overcome grief and get better. Lelouch robbed her of that chance.

Maybe she couldn't have, but maybe she could.
Whether she could have or couldn't, it would have STILL resulted in unbearable pain for her... death was one of the few painless options

the others being, putting her inside a bubble, or completely wiping her memory and giving a her new life with a new identity... though i doubt her father would do such... and beyond Lulu's power since his geass only works once...

frankly, i think Lulu knew her character well enough that she would have cracked had she been "given the chance"... one thing she could not decide for herself is if she would want to ever face such an ordeal... hell, one of the many thoughts that might go through her head is that she wished she never had to face the ordeal in the first place

speaking of possible memory wipe, one thing i'm wondering, for those who are very strongly against how Lulu dealt with Euphie, what do you think about how he dealt with Shirley? rewriting her memory to help her bear the pain of her father's loss and undo everything she knew about Lelouche was not that much different than Lulu killing Euphie... "the easy way out" of not allowing her to face the ordeal of dealing with all this herself even though she was becoming rather unhinged at the time... and not giving her a choice in the matter... and yet, the result was her being able to live a normal and happy life...

I know i find some comfort in her ignorance... i do like seeing her able to live a happy normal life and not one filled with grief... i've even been wondering if Lulu will give the same to Nina (that girl is nuts). doesn't need to erase her love for Euphie, just make it so that she can cope with it in a healthy way

Giving people the turth so they can make their own choices in life is great but it comes with serious baggage... Sometimes, you are better off not knowing... Sometimes, even the truth, can be far more cruel than death.

Quote:
Having the geass cancelled would still not have erased everything she had done before that which was the real problem... continued killing was only the icing on the cake

though if we what to meta-think using stuff that LL didn't know, we could also wonder about if canceling the geass would have allowed her to remember what was going on while she was under the geass... which would have been even worse,
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 13:23   Link #894
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
No those are just honor guards.

The guys running around the in the temple wear something else. I was under the impression that they are the Emperor's advisors and assistants.
Look in the background behind the emperor at 1 min 07sec's in Ep7. There's one as clear as day in the middle left side of screen.
Old 2008-07-01, 13:25   Link #895
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
How? same way Cornelia is trying to do it... dig up evidence of the existence of the geass and expose it to the public as the explanation that Eupehmia was under a form of mind control and was not responsible for the horrors that happened that day; it was Zero's fault... and the concept that he "can't" reveal any information was another part of my post, that it would mess with his plans within the empire... he CAN do it, but he won't
Not only does that put her against her father (there's a good reason why he keeps Geass a secret) but against Lelouch as well. It would mean that Lelouch geassed Euphie into doing so and there's no way in hell Zero is going to allow that to be released.

Though if Cornelia has been keeping in contact with Suzaku...

Quote:
Look in the background behind the emperor at 1 min 07sec's in Ep7. There's one as clear as day in the middle left side of screen.
You mean R1?

I was replying to the post which stated that the two guards who stopped Lelouch are the ones but they are wearing tall grey uniforms and hats. In fact those same guards (the type) grappled with Zero when Euphie went Rambo.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 13:35   Link #896
El_Negro
El_Negro

Hey guys I saw the awful news on the episode 14 spoiler

looks like someone important is gonna get axed in episode 13
From that point onwards it'll b serious.

I wonder who it is. Couldn't make out the Japenese
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 14:01   Link #897
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Whether she could have or couldn't, it would have STILL resulted in unbearable pain for her... death was one of the few painless options
You don't get to decide if it's unbearable. Neither do I or Lelouch or Suzaku or Cornelia. The only one who has the legitimacy for it was Euphemia herself. Lelouch robbed her of that chance, too.

Your argument is basically that if you think someone's going to face too much pain, it's ok to kill them. You don't even have to ask if they want to be end their lives or anything, you just kill them. "Oh, dear, you're going to spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair? *bang*" "You're disfigured for life? *bang*" "You girlfriend left you? *bang*". Suffice it to say, I disagree with that feeling. Everyday, people face great trials. Sometimes, they overcome them and get on with their lives, scars and all. Unless some self-righteous prick shoots them, I suppose.

Quote:
the others being, putting her inside a bubble, or completely wiping her memory and giving a her new life with a new identity... though i doubt her father would do such... and beyond Lulu's power since his geass only works once...
I don't advocate a painless option. Heck, I can respect that Lelouch decided the cause was more important than her life. But if he'd acted for Euphemia, then he should have let her take the pain and recover. That's life.

Quote:
frankly, i think Lulu knew her character well enough that she would have cracked had she been "given the chance"... one thing she could not decide for herself is if she would want to ever face such an ordeal... hell, one of the many thoughts that might go through her head is that she wished she never had to face the ordeal in the first place
Lelouch hadn't seen her in years, and since seeing her again, repeatedly failed to anticipate her. So no, he didn't know her that well.

Quote:
speaking of possible memory wipe, one thing i'm wondering, for those who are very strongly against how Lulu dealt with Euphie, what do you think about how he dealt with Shirley? rewriting her memory to help her bear the pain of her father's loss and undo everything she knew about Lelouche was not that much different than Lulu killing Euphie... "the easy way out" of not allowing her to face the ordeal of dealing with all this herself even though she was becoming rather unhinged at the time... and not giving her a choice in the matter... and yet, the result was her being able to live a normal and happy life...

I know i find some comfort in her ignorance... i do like seeing her able to live a happy normal life and not one filled with grief... i've even been wondering if Lulu will give the same to Nina (that girl is nuts). doesn't need to erase her love for Euphie, just make it so that she can cope with it in a healthy way
There is a major difference with what he did to Euphie: he didn't kill Shirley. He allowed her to live a happy life, despite the tragic loss of her father. Those actions aren't comparable.

Even so... Just look at his own reaction at Charles' manipulations. Not "hey, cool, I can have a carefree student life" or even "well, at least my friends are well out of it", but "I'm going to kill him for what he did".

Quote:
Giving people the turth so they can make their own choices in life is great but it comes with serious baggage... Sometimes, you are better off not knowing... Sometimes, even the truth, can be far more cruel than death.
Unless it's your life, it's not your call.

Quote:
Having the geass cancelled would still not have erased everything she had done before that which was the real problem... continued killing was only the icing on the cake
The remorse, you mean? Being a lot more responsible for the massacre than Euphie ever was doesn't keep Lelouch from sleeping at night.
Old 2008-07-01, 15:25   Link #898
Micante

Quote:

The remorse, you mean? Being a lot more responsible for the massacre than Euphie ever was doesn't keep Lelouch from sleeping at night.
Have you seen Lelouch sleep at night yet since the Euphie incident? Anime's usualy don't show the bags under the eyes of characters unless it's an important plot point or it is an important character trait. I wouldn't be surprised if he was really an insomniac.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 15:39   Link #899
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They've had a dozen episodes to show how affected he was by the whole thing. He appears to have mostly put it behind him.
Old 2008-07-01, 15:47   Link #900
praeceps
King on a Boat

What's with the arguement that Lelouch killing Ephie was the easy way out? It was in fact the only way out. It wasn't a matter of Euphie dealing with what she did. It was a matter of how she was geassed to kill all the Japanese so she wouldn't have stopped killing them. It was either kill her or allow her to attempt to kill everyone who had even a hint of Japanese blood in them.

He didn't kill her to help her, he killed her to save the Japanese people.
praeceps is offline   Reply With Quote