AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2009-01-24, 11:05   Link #41
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
There's a new promo video streaming. :3 It says that volume 6 of the manga will be out in February.

Is Tokyopop still going to release future volumes in English, or have they dropped it?

"As one becomes more virtuous, one becomes a tsundere."
Kagami~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 13:59   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Technically that's a question to ask in the manga thread over in the manga subforum (yeah, its dropped down so you have to search for it)

I don't know wtf Tokyopop is doing with it. They're getting a lot like ADV got with their manga line --- their website being mostly glitz and no data....

However, they are caught up to my understanding (5 volumes out):
http://books.barnesandnoble.com/sear...ry+marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyz
The new season will be starting on 23 January 09!! They're also starting the web radio on 21 Nov. There's not much more to the official post but if you want to see the translation, its on my blog.
The website (http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/125/125831/) gives 23Jan09 for the release of the next OVA. There isn't a "series" or "season" as such.
Some brief research hasn't turned up any raws yet.... but I'd be waiting for a sub anyway.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-01-24 at 14:13.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 10:27   Link #43
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

They are all caught up, have been for a while. (I own all of them). I guess I've gotta go find that manga thread...

I really can't wait to see more from these characters. I wonder how long I'll have to wait before I can actually watch it myself. And I for one like the new style. They looked a little too string-beany in the TV series and prevous OVA. Plus, Nobue finally looks closer to her real age. Huzzah.

Old 2009-01-25, 12:24   Link #44
NakedAngelX

Just started on episode 1, first impression. The voice acting are great as before, but the animation sucks! The clean and simple feeling from previous seasons are gone. Nobue,Ana,Matsuri are fine. Chika and Miu have gained a considerable amount of "weight". The movement are mecha sloppy.
Gonna comment on the story upon finishing.

After watching episode 1, i take back what i said haha. Bad animation is of no comparison to the awesome cute and funny storyline.

Spoiler for Ep 1:

Last edited by NakedAngelX; 2009-01-25 at 12:51.
NakedAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 02:24   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Maybe I'm just jaded, but this first ep didn't thrill me with human comedy the way previous versions have. Although there were certainly some great bits.

I'm having trouble getting used to the new look. The characters don't seem as full to me, more like cookie-cutter cartoon characters. Oh well, I'd better just watch the episode again, lol.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule | characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet | Ping Pong
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 05:37   Link #46
Tatakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Just started on episode 1, first impression. The voice acting are great as before, but the animation sucks! The clean and simple feeling from previous seasons are gone. Nobue,Ana,Matsuri are fine. Chika and Miu have gained a considerable amount of "weight". The movement are mecha sloppy.
Gonna comment on the story upon finishing.
I don't see "bad animation" and "mecha sloppy movement" at all. I rather see scenes with instrinsic quality animation from people who have a very distinc way of animating instead of the 8/15 "clean" (and boring) way to animate. The first minute has clearly the handwriting from animator Seiya Numata all over it. I bet he was responsible for animating the chase scene between Myu and Ana too.
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 07:42   Link #47
thr

I can live with the fluid animation style, but not with those fat, ugly faces. And don't forget the fat legs. Miu looks like Miss Piggy. And Ana looking not quite right would be an understatement. So, yeah, very distinct indeed. That said, the OVA is disappointing. Very unfunny. The second segment was a bit more Ichigo-Mashimaro-like, the first segment was a waste of time. No more OVAs please.

thr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 07:44   Link #48
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Seems more like the manga to me (just needs more roundy eyes and it'd be just like it).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 16:34   Link #49
Fuze

I also have to question the animation movement, but I'm not sure if it's just a matter of style (movement choice) or quality. The appearance of some of the girls are more "chunky" in a sense, but to me, it just shows that they are slowly growing up. But that's what happens when you down a bunch of cookies like Miu was at the beginning when she mentioned the topic of becoming an idol. Ana even mentioned how Miu was "eating too much". Animation quality aside, I really enjoyed the first episode of Encore.

Spoiler for Bits and Pieces of Ep.1:

One thing I didn't get is at the beginning when Miu answers the phone for Chika: she says something like "no, this isn't jaslax (いいえ、こちらはジャスラックス?ではありません)". I'm curious as to what that is.
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 08:58   Link #50
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well this looks odd.. Can't say I'm really looking forward to see this subbed.. If anyone even will pick it up.. What the hell is wrong with these people changing the animation style etc. >=(... Just like with Minami-Ke, but atleast with Minami it was watchable.. blah
Old 2009-01-30, 09:52   Link #51
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Hush you, I'm looking forward to it being subbed.... and I really hope someone does pick it up. ;-;

Style changes be damned, the show/manga makes me happy and I will not be opposed to getting more of it.

Old 2009-01-30, 17:01   Link #52
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lualdi View Post
What the hell is wrong with these people changing the animation style etc. >=(... Just like with Minami-Ke, but atleast with Minami it was watchable.. blah
Need cheese with that whine, kodomo?

On a more serious note, anime styles do change from season to season; it's note really that uncommon--and to be honest, I'm not really seeing that much of a difference. When I can compare then side by side, maybe it will be obvious, but no one really watched IM for the outstanding art anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing how the comedy plays out.
Old 2009-02-03, 20:48   Link #53
dreamingsamurai

I'm more curious as to whether this is just a change in the character designer or if this OVA was done by a completely different studio altogether.

Have to admit, seeing the side by side comparison really brings out the noticeable changes. It does look like for some reason they're suddenly members of the fat farm. lol.
dreamingsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 11:18   Link #54
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

So, is there any hope on Earth of someone subbing this?

Old 2009-02-04, 17:17   Link #55
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I watched a couple of seconds of the episode to see what the fuzz was all about regarding character designs...

And I have to say, what the heck? The changes are extremely minor ones! Faces are a little rounder and the girls' bodies more plump, that's all. Come on, you can't be serious...

The animation style for the first minute seems a little different in terms of in-between animation, but it's nothing to complain about.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 17:26   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Probably the teams that subbed the original series are interested in doing it -- but they may have a full plate at the moment.
Old 2009-02-04, 17:48   Link #57
NakedAngelX

When's encore 2 coming out?
The wait is killing me~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking forward to volume 6 of manga.
Even if it's 1 year 1 volume. I'd be glad to see volume 100 of this when i'm 100 years old xD
Old 2009-02-13, 19:11   Link #58
Fweakin

So there is a sub out....wondering as to the quality of this particular group as it's still downloading.
And one by one back in the Closet lays.
--Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 19:27   Link #59
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
So there is a sub out....wondering as to the quality of this particular group as it's still downloading.
Anime-RG did a pretty good job with Venus Versus Virus if I remember correctly. Haven't started watching Encore yet myself, while hoping some more well-known group will pick it up.

qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 01:42   Link #60
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Woot, just finished watching it!

Took me a few seconds to adjust myself to the slight changes in the girl's looks, but that's about it.

Really enjoyed the episode on the whole. The heaven and hell part was seriously awesome!

Tags
comedy, seinen