AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-06, 21:14   Link #21
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Anyway, what do you all think of the show and l-e's job subtitling it? ^^;;

-Tofu
Hate you...

You made me cry (ok, I acknowledge that I am very emotional)... Very nice story and for a 1976 production, much better-looking than I thought it would look like.

Count me in for the duration... and thank you for doing it and for the explanation notes at the end... I like knowing the source of something.
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 01:27   Link #22
Nins

Send a message via ICQ to Nins
Woah what a surprise to see an anime which I watched while growing up in S.korea (dubbed).. I am overwhelmed by quite a few classic anime being subbed lately.. Keep up the good work Live-Evil hopefully more classic anime will be on the way!!
Nins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 02:18   Link #23
Fronzel
Schmuck

Kiki? Is that you?
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 02:37   Link #24
Anax
Animefactory Encoder

Yay! I'm always happy to see older series get subbed. Sure, there are good new series as well--but there are real gems from times gone by that I'd love to see! And, of course, unlike modern releases, there's a good chance they won't be coming out on DVD. This is the place that fansubbing shines.

Three cheers for L-E.
Anax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 04:05   Link #25
dee
dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Did you get "Akage no An" from the AnimeSuki site? Also, if you are backwards-compatible with VHS, The Techno-Girls have subbed "Romeo's Blue Skies" and you might be able to find a link on this page to someone who will copy and send tapes to you for a nominal fee.
Actually, The Techno Girls may redo Kaze no Ki no Uta on DVD-R, since it's one of their best works. However, it's out on DVD-R by some group who "modified" their translations by based on The Techno Girls translations.

So where did you buy sources of Galaxy Express and 3000 miles from?
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 04:23   Link #26
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
Actually, The Techno Girls may redo Kaze no Ki no Uta on DVD-R, since it's one of their best works. However, it's out on DVD-R by some group who "modified" their translations by based on The Techno Girls translations.

So where did you buy sources of Galaxy Express and 3000 miles from?
Japan.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 04:38   Link #27
dee
dee

...yeah media files from Japan.
Old 2004-02-07, 06:32   Link #28
Kotonoha
Alone in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
Sorry to go a little bit OT, but do you know which source the TG will use for their DVD-release? VHS or LD? I read on their website that they only had a VHS copy of the OVA.
Kotonoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 07:02   Link #29
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
Maybe yes, maybe not. From his previous posts we know Tofusensei lived in Japan and bought a lot of DVDs there. I do remember he mentioning he has the japanese DVDs of Galaxy Express 999.

If you (dee) is interested in buying the japanese DVDs, CD Japan has them. You only have to look for Marco, instead of 3000 Miles in Search of Mother.

DVD 01: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-77
DVD 02: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-78
DVD 13: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-89

If you want to get the movie:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-749

There's also a R-3 (I'm not talking about the bootleg) release of it, on 2 sets with 5 DVDs each, that includes english subs. You can get the set from Yes Asia:
R-3 Marco DVD set 1 (DVDs 1-5, eps. 1-26) at Yes Asia
R-3 Marco DVD set 2 (DVDs 6-10, eps. 27-52) at Yes Asia

Yes Asia also sells the japanese version of the DVDs. Just do a search for Marco

There's also a HK DVD (bootleg) version of the series on 5 DVDs (probably the legal R-3 with extra compression to fit everything in half of the DVDs), but I won't tell you where to find it. I'm just mentioning it because I'm afraid of you thinking I'm suggesting bootlegs for mentioning the R-3. So, let's repeat it:

5 DVD set, region free, from HK ---> bootleg
10 DVD set, R-3, from Taiwan ---> legal release
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 08:24   Link #30
marin

Wow this is a World Masterpiece Theater show?

Holy Shit!

I had no idea!
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 11:03   Link #31
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
I actually own the laserdisc box sets for the entire show and have owned them since around 1997 or so. As far as Galaxy Express 999, I bought the DVD boxes used in Tokyo. I really don't like to download files when I can buy better quality raws unless there is a special exception or something.

-Tofu
Old 2004-02-07, 11:36   Link #32
confuzionrains

wow, this is pretty awesome - coincidentally, I was just thinking recently about some of the shows that I watched when I was a kid, and I remembered a bit of this show (only remembered about a kid trying to find his mother in argentina) and I didn't even know what the show was called - and of course, now I know the title of this show... that's pretty cool
confuzionrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 13:04   Link #33
dee
dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Maybe yes, maybe not. From his previous posts we know Tofusensei lived in Japan and bought a lot of DVDs there. I do remember he mentioning he has the japanese DVDs of Galaxy Express 999.

If you (dee) is interested in buying the japanese DVDs, CD Japan has them. You only have to look for Marco, instead of 3000 Miles in Search of Mother.
Believe me, I do pay for sources and I can spot a bootleg a mile away.

Quote:
I actually own the laserdisc box sets for the entire show and have owned them since around 1997 or so. As far as Galaxy Express 999, I bought the DVD boxes used in Tokyo. I really don't like to download files when I can buy better quality raws unless there is a special exception or something.
Excellent. It's good to see some do actually support the creators instead of the give me attitude that plagues the digisub community.

Regarding the Techno Girls, yes, they may redo it due to the overwhelmly response and of course, analog degrades. ...but their first priority is BDB.
Old 2004-02-07, 16:52   Link #34
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
The fansub was flawless... series notes, original air date, translating the Italian song, etc. ^_^ Very impressive, it's something L-E should be proud of.

I've only seen 3 WMT series so far: this one, Romeo's Blue Skys, and Akage no Anne.

I must admit I gave up on Romeo because it was kinda slow, but I stuck with the very good Akage no Anne until the end. Was this because I had read the book many moons ago? Or superior characters and storyline?

Would I stick with 3000 Leagues even though I have not seen it as a child?

(I've yet to see the two best-known WMT series "Heidi" and "Dog of Flanders". )

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 22:06   Link #35
Tofusensei

Episode 2 is out~~

I hope you're enjoying it!

Oh, BTW, I have the Heidi movie on DVD... I've wanted to sub it forever but no energy to translate it *_*

Link to L-E torrent site

torrent it up

-Tofu
Old 2004-02-10, 12:19   Link #36
Plastic

Yo,
1st: Tofusensei, if someone would like to support your work than you accept raws send to you? or do you want to own things you translate? What classic anime you do next? wich eps do you need to continue. I like to give the community back what it gave to me somehow.

2nd: does anyone know where to get posters of the artwork on page 1?
Plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 07:59   Link #37
wao
OK.

Say, just wondering...

Where did you get the animation for the additional ending song from? It's also 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother but the quality looks a whole lot better. o.o?

(for the first ep btw, I'm going to watch the 2nd ep soon)

I also think I saw a rare anime VCD in Kinokuniya (it's a book store; not many VCDs) of Flanders no Inu... worth getting?
You go Live-Evil. If releases keep at this pace I'll be very impressed...
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 09:09   Link #38
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Anyway, what do you all think of the show and l-e's job subtitling it? ^^;;

-Tofu
Are you the one who subbed the first 4 eps in vhs version? I recall ordering it from a Tofusensei too. ^_^;
I saw those 4 eps a while back and really like it. I was waiting for more. I'm glad L-E is subbing it now so I can see the rest of it. Actually I hope someone will fansub all the world masterpiece theater shows. They're all good.

Grifis
Old 2004-02-11, 17:54   Link #39
Valkyrie

Sort of.
It was actaully me who made that VHS fansub back in the say, under the group name Super Dimensional Fansubs. But it was Tofusensei (yep, same guy) who provided me with the translations and laserdiscs to make the project possible.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 11:12   Link #40
mirichan

Quote:
Episode 2 is out~~

I hope you're enjoying it! -Tofu
Just saw 2nd episode... Loved it as much as the first one (love all the Genova scenery, too) but I noticed something strange... boy, these old shows were LONG (it clocked at 24 minutes before the next episode preview).

That's about 3 minutes longer than the average new series... multiply that by the 50ish episodes and it's like what? 5 more episodes?

And THANK YOU for subbing the opening & ending to their entirety and then put a different scene with L-E credits (which I watch too ^_~). Too bad it's not done like that all the time...

I'm really enjoying this series and can't wait for the next episode...
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote