AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-04, 08:38   Link #25701
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Do keep in mind that the Index world isn't supposed to be ours. And it isn't like all the other nations in the Raildex world aren't also exaggerated ( even Japan is) And in some places in the US people can near that level of gun nuts (Texas I'm looking at you, but then I have also seen things like a place that was a "nightclub and chainsaw repair") . Fankly I just see it as like how quirky they made the British Royalty.

if the name is in proper Japanese order It would make sense that a male might not want to be addressed by his family name as the love and flower would be the most common meaning that would come to mind.

Spoiler for speculation:
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.


Last edited by kagato3; 2013-05-04 at 08:49.
kagato3 is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 08:44   Link #25702
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
It's not all that bad- The Americans in Raildex have voted two other Hispanic Presidents before this current one!
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 09:05   Link #25703
Hiss13
Ultimate Kidnap Victim
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not all that bad- The Americans in Raildex have voted two other Hispanic Presidents before this current one!
True. Raildex's America is honestly a lot more appealing than the real America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post

Spoiler for speculation:
I like this speculation

Last edited by Hiss13; 2013-05-04 at 09:44.
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:18   Link #25704
classic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
7500 Heroes... and every one of them have own loli.



Vol 3 was ok. Don`t know how Index was supposed to make it easier. Does she know about Leshiy magic?
classic is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:21   Link #25705
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Vol 3 was ok. Don`t know how Index was supposed to make it easier. Does she know about Leshiy magic?
She has 103,000 grimoires within her, and you're asking that question?
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:21   Link #25706
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
True. Raildex's America is honestly a lot more appealing than the real America.
That is, until you remember that they have cameras everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Does she know about Leshiy magic?
Of course, but even if she doesn't (which is highly unlikely) she isn't fooled by their tricks and misdirection.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:31   Link #25707
Hiss13
Ultimate Kidnap Victim
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That is, until you remember that they have cameras everywhere
Meh, the FCE was only installed in Hawaii, right? I remember no mention of anything like that in Liberal Arts City otherwise, Mikoto would have utilized it.

Either that or it was shut down once Olay Blueshake went into hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Of course, but even if she doesn't (which is highly unlikely) she isn't fooled by their tricks and misdirection.
Sure, she could have been helpful in Hawaii, however, Touma would have ditched her at the airport like he did with Mikoto.
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:33   Link #25708
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Meh, the FCE was only installed in Hawaii, right? I remember no mention of anything like that in Liberal Arts City otherwise, Mikoto would have utilized it.
Unknown if it's elsewhere.

America isn't made up of only two cities, I'm sure some states would have allow it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Sure, she could have been helpful in Hawaii, however, Touma would have ditched her at the airport like he did with Mikoto.
That would be afterwards.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:37   Link #25709
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Spoiler for speculation:
Nice one ... it's so hilarious it's good. And it's so absurd it might be the case.
__________________
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:38   Link #25710
Rovert10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I wonder if Index America is as partisan as ours.

If so, well the camera thing is moot because Republicans. I assume they're there because wide spread gun ownership.
Rovert10 is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:46   Link #25711
Hiss13
Ultimate Kidnap Victim
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Unknown if it's elsewhere.

America isn't made up of only two cities, I'm sure some states would have allow it
Point taken.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
I wonder if Index America is as partisan as ours.

If so, well the camera thing is moot because Republicans. I assume they're there because wide spread gun ownership.
Who knows? After all, we can't tell which year this takes place. Considering that the president is the 3rd hispanic president, it would have to be at least 12 years from now.
Maybe it's a reformed Republican Party that actually looks at facts or a different political party altogether.

BTW, was the president's party affiliation ever mentioned? I'm actually kinda curious.
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:47   Link #25712
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Point taken.




Who knows? After all, we can't tell which year this takes place. Considering that the president is the 3rd hispanic president, it would have to be at least 12 years from now.
Maybe it's a reformed Republican Party that actually looks at facts or a different political party altogether.

BTW, was the president's party affiliation ever mentioned? I'm actually kinda curious.
Index may not follow the 20th century as the real world.

If so, Stephanie (the girl who tries to kill Kinuhata in vol 19) have more than 70 years
Haigon is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:50   Link #25713
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
if I were in your place, I wipe away them with a handkerchief, then would take the handkerchief and squeeze it until the last tears fall, would keep everything in a recipient, and the day I was reading this part of the book, put the recipient at my side it would be a good time.
Where should I sign to get a place as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
For Shiage, his survival instinct is already at maximum I think.
Nagasumi's spirit lives within him.

Quote:
-I like this series, but still can't see an end lol
*grins*
I can, and there shall be blood and tears .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
Index is a family!!! or not?
Are you family with Acer?<---jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
As for Index, will there be anymore confession? I don't think so.
Another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Daihasesai and Hawaii could be far more simple should Touma asked to Index about his enemies.
Its not a coincidence I don't like those 2 arcs so far. Just by that thought makes it both arcs seem pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler for too long:
Too long, damn!

If he was prideful for not calling her then it would be his fault all that happened with the Hawaii's and Bagage's city incident.
If Touma is willing to tear his own flesh it makes no sense to not cast aside his pride like Birdway did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Etsu can be self satisfaction or rejoicing

http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary...g-of-etsu.html
Quote:
えげつない
egetsunai
(adj-i) dirty; vulgar; nasty
I call it Aogami . The the omni fetichist hero who fights for lolis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post

Spoiler for speculation:
Not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Vol 3 was ok. Don`t know how Index was supposed to make it easier. Does she know about Leshiy magic?
She knows everything about magic, including angelic magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Sure, she could have been helpful in Hawaii, however, Touma would have ditched her at the airport like he did with Mikoto.
Nope, just a call makes the trick like it happened times before. There is no need to take her along on the trip, she knew Touma was going to leave the city that time.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:53   Link #25714
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
If so, Stephanie (the girl who tries to kill Kinuhata in vol 19) have more than 70 years
Wait, what?
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:56   Link #25715
Hiss13
Ultimate Kidnap Victim
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Index may not follow the 20th century as the real world.

If so, Stephanie (the girl who tries to kill Kinuhata in vol 19) have more than 70 years
Clarify, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Nope, just a call makes the trick like it happened times before. There is no need to take her along on the trip, she knew Touma was going to leave the city that time.
That is also true...
How many times has Touma called Index asking for advice? I can only remember one time: when he was being chased by Etzali.
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:56   Link #25716
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Wait, what?
She fought a civil war in Costa Rica, the last one in real life was in 1948.
Haigon is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 10:59   Link #25717
Hiss13
Ultimate Kidnap Victim
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
She fought a civil war in Costa Rica, the last one in real life was in 1948.
Or, a civil war could have easily broken out within the years between 2013 and when Index takes place. We don't even know how much time has passed since Academy City was built or anything.

Plus the Stargate Project (which takes place in 1970) is also mentioned a couple of times in the Index storyline.
Hiss13 is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 11:20   Link #25718
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Or, a civil war could have easily broken out within the years between 2013 and when Index takes place. We don't even know how much time has passed since Academy City was built or anything.

Plus the Stargate Project (which takes place in 1970) is also mentioned a couple of times in the Index storyline.
It passed more than 50 years acording volume 19, so it's 1997 onwards.

There was the Gulf War too.
Haigon is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 11:26   Link #25719
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post

That is also true...
How many times has Touma called Index asking for advice? I can only remember one time: when he was being chased by Etzali.
Most of the time she gets brought along for the ride so she rarely needs to be called.

Kazakiri
Book of Law
Endymion
Italy
Fuse=kazakiri
England

And those SP side stories.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2013-05-04, 11:29   Link #25720
Hiss13
Ultimate Kidnap Victim
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Most of the time she gets brought along for the ride so she rarely needs to be called.

Kazakiri
Book of Law
Endymion
Italy
Fuse=kazakiri
England

And those SP side stories.
Well, I meant more along the lines of phone calls but okay. [Still has yet to read the SP volumes]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
It passed more than 50 years acording volume 19, so it's 1997 onwards.

There was the Gulf War too.
Was the Gulf War ever even mentioned in Index? I get the feeling it was but I don't remember when.
-----------
Another question:
Does Othinus have to carve the Final Rune into the core of the earth to complete Gungnir like Brunhild Eiktobel did? I thought that was an important part of Gungnir's construction but there seems to be very little that Othinus is even planning anything like that.
Hiss13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.