AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-06, 13:48   Link #3521
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Question about vol 20....

Is Misaka's last appearance here her joining the Russia invasion force to link up with Touma and presumably fight Fiamma?
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-07-06, 14:57   Link #3522
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Question about vol 20....

Is Misaka's last appearance here her joining the Russia invasion force to link up with Touma and presumably fight Fiamma?
She didn't "join" the force so much as beat up the soldiers on one of the carriers and forced the pilot to take her to Elizernia. But yes, that is the last we see of her since that occurs in the epilogue of the volume.
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-07-06, 15:37   Link #3523
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Mikoto doesn't even know Elizernia if I remember it right. She just know that the directors ordered Touma's retrieval in Russia. She doesn't know much anything that's been happening. She just jump into it like a girl in love when his guy is in trouble

I bet she would be shock on the scene in Russia.

btw @cosmic eagle: from what anime does your avatar come from? the girl interest me.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-07-06, 21:30   Link #3524
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Mikoto doesn't even know Elizernia if I remember it right. She just know that the directors ordered Touma's retrieval in Russia. She doesn't know much anything that's been happening. She just jump into it like a girl in love when his guy is in trouble

I bet she would be shock on the scene in Russia.

btw @cosmic eagle: from what anime does your avatar come from? the girl interest me.
How very typical of her.....looks like everything is converging in Russia, The main plotline with Fiamma, Acclerator and Last Order, the remnants of ITEM, the French etc...

@ tsnade666: that's Iriya Kana from Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-07-06, 22:00   Link #3525
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
looks like everything is converging in Russia, The main plotline with Fiamma, Acclerator and Last Order, the remnants of ITEM, the French etc...
Don't forget the two biggest factors (imo), Fuse=KAZAKIRI and the Pope.
__________________
Ice Block is offline  
Old 2010-07-06, 22:22   Link #3526
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Mikoto doesn't even know Elizernia if I remember it right. She just know that the directors ordered Touma's retrieval in Russia. She doesn't know much anything that's been happening. She just jump into it like a girl in love when his guy is in trouble

I bet she would be shock on the scene in Russia.

btw @cosmic eagle: from what anime does your avatar come from? the girl interest me.
When she looked through the information that Academy City had on Touma she learned that his current location was around Elizernia IIRC.
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 05:42   Link #3527
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Check wiki and yeh, it said when she hacked it she apparently saw the name country Elizernia.
But still all she know is Touma's location and touma's ability being extremely rare just like redirection and dark matter. It has high value for the academy city and the order is too bring it back. No further info. I think she doesn't even know much on the magic side but she is going on a major battle field concerning the magic side.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 08:13   Link #3528
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Aside from her book smarts, all Mikoto knows is that Academy City's government has a dark, corrupt side to it and that they have some use for Touma.

Which does bring up the question: why doesn't Mikoto use her hacking abilities to surf the database and bring her up to date?
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 09:09   Link #3529
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Aside from her book smarts, all Mikoto knows is that Academy City's government has a dark, corrupt side to it and that they have some use for Touma.

Which does bring up the question: why doesn't Mikoto use her hacking abilities to surf the database and bring her up to date?
Pretty sure there are a lot of security measures in place for their databases. I mean, she couldn't even out-hack Uiharu. If there's something that AC really wants hidden, Mikoto wouldn't be able to even get near it. The information about Imagine Breaker being in Elizerina is most likely just something for the regular AC "military" to know. The deeper information is even more well-hidden.
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 09:49   Link #3530
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Check wiki and yeh, it said when she hacked it she apparently saw the name country Elizernia.
But still all she know is Touma's location and touma's ability being extremely rare just like redirection and dark matter. It has high value for the academy city and the order is too bring it back. No further info. I think she doesn't even know much on the magic side but she is going on a major battle field concerning the magic side.
Hell she's been absent for damned long and is suddenly just dropping in on the party like that...then again, she is Academy's no.3.....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 12:26   Link #3531
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
For me it looks like Aleister deliberately lure Mikoto into it. Because even him, he will never order to kill imagine breaker. That's why when I read that part. It's an obvious lie.
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 13:12   Link #3532
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Vol.8 Chapter 1 part1: service, service, service.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 13:52   Link #3533
Satehi
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
The order wasn't to kill, it was more around bringing back Touma and in case he doesn't co-operate they'll stuff him into a fridge like Dark Matter.
Satehi is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 13:52   Link #3534
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
............ This would take a while. Well it's Teh_Pings choice. Thanks for the translation. And waiting for vol 11
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 21:40   Link #3535
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
I love Teh_Ping, it's so awesome he's almost single-handedly translating the volumes. I'll take w/e he does lol. Can't wait until he gets up to volume 15 though.
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 23:09   Link #3536
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
... a kick? Why can't Mikoto just Shoryuken Kuroko to counter and preserve her supposed decency as a female?
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 23:51   Link #3537
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
... a kick? Why can't Mikoto just Shoryuken Kuroko to counter and preserve her supposed decency as a female?
she's didn't wear Karate-Gi at that times
And the cadboard used in the bath as door isn't sufficient enough to cover her private part if she does it

Kuroko Yuri-ness some times feel inappropriate and isn't funny like usual dunno why she didn't try to hit on her male peers at Judgement even for once. Does somewhere in the novel, describe the cause why this Pigtail Teleporter take a liking to her Onee-sama? or why she become Lesbo? did she experienced some trauma in the past about male or relationship with one?
surerman is offline  
Old 2010-07-08, 15:32   Link #3538
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
she's didn't wear Karate-Gi at that times
And the cadboard used in the bath as door isn't sufficient enough to cover her private part if she does it
That's what I'm saying. If she lifts her leg up to kick, she will expose her genitals, just as the novel stated. If she did an uppercut, she could keep her legs together.
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2010-07-09, 04:36   Link #3539
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's what I'm saying. If she lifts her leg up to kick, she will expose her genitals, just as the novel stated. If she did an uppercut, she could keep her legs together.
Force of habit, when you're suddenly ambushed you don't always have time to think things through. Mikoto just did what comes naturally, in this case she's a kicker.

Just ask the vending machine.
__________________

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-07-09 at 05:46.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2010-07-09, 05:15   Link #3540
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Sorry to break your bubble guys, but it's Kuroko who kicked her onee-sama... Later evidence proves this.
Sleep_ping is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.