AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-25, 03:29   Link #4541
tsunade666

It looks like Joay Finishes up vol 13.

Old 2010-09-25, 05:16   Link #4542
dragonlord9

Talking

Thanks for the awesome translation as always Teh_Ping. The person that actually have the nerve to complain must be crucified. Justice!!!
Old 2010-09-25, 06:46   Link #4543
tsunade666

Question: While I was probing the wikia. It said about Mikoto can fly when she's above a huge body of water but I think she only jump high back then on that SS but not in flying so I want clarification on this because I think she just jump and not fly.

Old 2010-09-25, 08:08   Link #4544
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Question: While I was probing the wikia. It said about Mikoto can fly when she's above a huge body of water but I think she only jump high back then on that SS but not in flying so I want clarification on this because I think she just jump and not fly.
Yes, she did fly. Her wings acted as a thruster, which allowed her to maneuver herself in mid-air. So yes, that was indeed flying and not just jumping. I don't remember the scientific explanations, though.
Old 2010-09-25, 08:57   Link #4545
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

To add on to Tsunade's words:

Volume 13, full

Volume11_Chapter_2 full

Some time to spare, will work on the exploding clothes part of Volume 1 for now

PS: Guys (and gals), the reason why I was unhappy wasn't the criticism, but rather the lack of justification. There was no explanation or whatsoever, but thanks for the support.
Old 2010-09-25, 09:32   Link #4546
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
LOL.

Translating a light novel isn't the same as translating a manga. Translating a manga can be done much faster than a light novel even if the novel have furigana for ease of reading.

That, and the Index series uses a lot of... uh, I'd say "bombastic" words and terms - like the spelling of Ursula vs Orsola - and not to mention vol 11 have Italian inside. More semantics to worry about :P

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-09-25, 11:12   Link #4547
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Yes, she did fly. Her wings acted as a thruster, which allowed her to maneuver herself in mid-air. So yes, that was indeed flying and not just jumping. I don't remember the scientific explanations, though.
electrolysis of water into hydrogen and oxygen to create the combustion needed to provide thrust?
Old 2010-09-25, 16:16   Link #4548
mark1246

Let hope that Joay going to translate vol. 14, I want to know what happen next, it was kinda a cliffhanger in vol. 13 epilouge
Old 2010-09-25, 20:11   Link #4549
tsunade666

if I remember it right the vol 14 starts with the academy city and roman catholic arguing out in public or should I say. This party here said something in public then the other party go and said something too.

The academy city also show their advance weapon. I also remember yomikawa in the beginning and touma and seiri are (I'm not sure if tsuchimikado and aogami are with those two) supposedly cutting out weeds but it turn into a baseball when seiri said about how fast she throw a pitch and the lucky cather knowing they wear sailor uniform.... well get the gist.

Old 2010-09-25, 20:20   Link #4550
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

I'm hoping Joay does the SS1 volume next actually.
Old 2010-09-25, 20:30   Link #4551
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Here's to hoping. I wanna know about the SS characters, especially Brunhild Eikdopr, Bardway and Ollerus.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Old 2010-09-25, 20:50   Link #4552
tsunade666

Brunhild and Bardway are both from other SS and Ollerus? is their a man name Ollerus? or Aurellus from SS2?

Bardway comes from the sides story index from dengeki bungko

Brunhild is from the ss of index that comes with the dvd/bd extra or also known as kaori ss.

I'm more interested on bardway than brunhild because bardway is in a manga format while brunhild is novel with tons of moonrunes.

Old 2010-09-25, 22:13   Link #4553
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
electrolysis of water into hydrogen and oxygen to create the combustion needed to provide thrust?
I believe it performed somewhat like ion thrusters, specifically this one. Of course, hydrolysis was involved in order to obtain the required amount of hydrogen. And since she was over the ocean, there was near-infinite supply.
Old 2010-09-25, 22:16   Link #4554
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hahaha, index is a hard light novel to read due to the metaphysics explanation and all the technical explanation which use rarely used japanese word. I usually spend only 1 to 3 days if I seriously read a light novel, but I need more than 1 week for 1 volume of index lol.
Old 2010-09-25, 22:24   Link #4555
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Indeed, the SS2 has about 22 chapters!!!
Old 2010-09-25, 22:30   Link #4556
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Let hope that Joay going to translate vol. 14, I want to know what happen next, it was kinda a cliffhanger in vol. 13 epilouge
Personally, I'm really hoping that the SS Novels will be translated soon! I wanna read about some of the really cool characters I've heard about like Gunha.
Old 2010-09-25, 22:49   Link #4557
tsunade666

Gunha is from SS 2 which is a collection of events. If vol 13 is finished the ss 1 should also be translated. It's directly connected after the events in vol 13.

Old 2010-09-26, 00:10   Link #4558
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Indeed, the SS2 has about 22 chapters!!!
Yeah but they're all really short so it's not really that intimidating.
Old 2010-09-26, 01:02   Link #4559
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if I remember it right the vol 14 starts with the academy city and roman catholic arguing out in public or should I say. This party here said something in public then the other party go and said something too.

The academy city also show their advance weapon.
I love how their response to the upheaval in Avignon, a city in France was to bomb it to ashes with aircraft capable of razing entire nations and risk war with the French....
Old 2010-09-26, 01:24   Link #4560
tsunade666

ah! the super sonic speed bomber of academy city.

With the lost of aerial power of the magic side. Th academy city dominates the air with jets faster than the speed of sound.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen