AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-10, 01:16   Link #4981
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Relationship-wise... Kazumi, IMO, have no chance (Not gonna involve light novel spoilers to back my opinion, wrong sub-forum) while Mikoto still does if she confess to Touma under the right circumstances. After all, Touma's Oblivious to Love and the first one that makes her feelings clear to him might just get him.
Both are pettako also, now if Oriana did a "Do you want to have some fun boy with this Onechan", that would be the end of Touma as we know him.
Old 2010-10-10, 01:17   Link #4982
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Quote:
So what did Shiage actually say? I left that bit in Japanese cause I can't translate it ^^;

Kazumi from Shana? I think that comparison might be a bit too far... Touma relies on Mikoto more than Yuji relies on Kazumi, and in the times where they're both in involved in situations Mikoto upholds her end of the fight.

Relationship-wise... Kazumi, IMO, have no chance (Not gonna involve light novel spoilers to back my opinion, wrong sub-forum) while Mikoto still does if she confess to Touma under the right circumstances. After all, Touma's Oblivious to Love and the first one that makes her feelings clear to him might just get him.
Mikoto is so different from Yoshida, it's like apples and oranges.

Shiage says "we are ITEM.....always will be"

not literal translation (なれる more accurately carries connotations of feeling accustomed to something) But yeah meaning is something like that.
Old 2010-10-10, 01:30   Link #4983
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
I just realised something - in the OP how they showed Touma, Index, Accel and Mikoto? Mikoto was walking in a different direction from the other 3 - foreshadowing the future events that she's not going to be in the same world as the rest of them fighting against the dark side of the world and/or magicians? (eg Vol22)

And also that Mikoto is always chasing after Touma but he's almost always with Index - I dunno how others see it, but it seems like Mikoto never has a chance to get Touma's attention and they'll never end up as a couple unless some sort of miracle happens.

Any other thoughts on this?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't foreshadow anything, as I doubt Kamchi has told them any of his/her future plans for the novel. It also wouldn't make sense for them to put that end when they're 15 novels removed from being up to date.

That aside, like reaper with no name said, what exactly did the Silver Dragon DO? No one is explaining this, and the spoilers don't make it clear either. It just says the dragon came out, popped another arm in for Touma, and he beat Fiamma. But HOW did he beat Fiamma? That's not being explained. Was it the dragon or was it just Touma's punch (which doesn't make sense, as Touma's punch alone couldn't have defeated Fiamma).
Old 2010-10-10, 01:35   Link #4984
reaper with no name

Well, I don't see why a punch wouldn't have been able to do it. After all, he still had Imagine Breaker, so punching Fiamma with his (new) right hand would be like punching anybody else.

By the way, were there any illustrations of the silver dragon arm?
Old 2010-10-10, 01:38   Link #4985
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

But it's already been shown that Touma can't completely cancel Fiamma's powers with just Imagine Breaker, he must have done something weaken Fiamma before hand. Fiamma is also supposed to be so weak he can barely stand.
Old 2010-10-10, 01:39   Link #4986
tsunade666

isn't the imagine breaker already merge with the holy right? though that's only a right arm.

And fiamma trying to claim imagine breaker is still ended up with a failure because he just removes the seal of which will be beating him up.

Old 2010-10-10, 01:44   Link #4987
reaper with no name

Well, supposedly, Fiamma took Touma's right arm and somehow merged it with the Holy Right, giving him the power of Imagine Breaker as well (which seems to contradict the assertion that the right hand is simply an output terminal for it, but then again, it's still early, and there's a lot of info we're missing). But when Touma grew a new arm, the new right hand also had Imagine Breaker. So his right hand always has Imagine Breaker.

Which makes me wonder once again: what about the one he lost in Vol 2? Did it just get left to rot? Or will it come back to play a role at some point?
Old 2010-10-10, 01:46   Link #4988
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
Well, supposedly, Fiamma took Touma's right arm and somehow merged it with the Holy Right, giving him the power of Imagine Breaker as well (which seems to contradict the assertion that the right hand is simply an output terminal for it, but then again, it's still early, and there's a lot of info we're missing). But when Touma grew a new arm, the new right hand also had Imagine Breaker. So his right hand always has Imagine Breaker.

Which makes me wonder once again: what about the one he lost in Vol 2? Did it just get left to rot? Or will it come back to play a role at some point?
the mysterious floating right arm of Gakuen Toshi that attacks people in dark alleys causing them to lose their powers
Old 2010-10-10, 01:57   Link #4989
reaper with no name

Upon further thought, I've come to the conclusion that if this other right hand wasn't destroyed, it's probably in the possession of Laura (after all, if AC had gotten it, then Aleister wouldn't have needed to take it from Fiamma, which leaves Necessarius as the only other possibility). And what do you know? She's the head of the only other big magic faction left.

Hmm...
Old 2010-10-10, 01:59   Link #4990
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

I'm pretty sure we're not getting some important details.
Old 2010-10-10, 02:19   Link #4991
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
I thought the arm he lost in v2 was reattached?
Old 2010-10-10, 02:31   Link #4992
reaper with no name

We all assumed that. But he just regrew an arm after a dragon came out of the stump. There's no reason to think that he didn't do the same thing in Vol 2 while he was unconscious. And if that is indeed the case, that means that there may be another arm somewhere (most likely in the hands of Necessarius).
Old 2010-10-10, 02:50   Link #4993
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
We all assumed that. But he just regrew an arm after a dragon came out of the stump. There's no reason to think that he didn't do the same thing in Vol 2 while he was unconscious. And if that is indeed the case, that means that there may be another arm somewhere (most likely in the hands of Necessarius).
So this somehow establishes what the frog-doctor said to Touma, something in the lines of:

"I'm surprised it got reattached without a hitch."

was a precursor of the fact that if Touma's right hand, which acts as a channeler for his Imagine Breaker, when cut off can somehow regenerate itself?

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-10, 03:38   Link #4994
shmaster
The Hades

About Touma's right arm, this is what happened:

Spoiler:

Conclusion, there is something else that exists in Touma's body, IB is the power to suppress that something else. As for the right arm itself, it is like an vessel to give IB a form so it can be used.

Also, Fianma only needs the right hand to give his Holy Right a physical form, the power that is IB is useless to him.

Last edited by shmaster; 2010-10-10 at 04:11.
Old 2010-10-10, 03:53   Link #4995
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

So The Imagine Breaker is a sentient entity?
(Absolute Duo, Seirei Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil still under consideration).

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Old 2010-10-10, 03:56   Link #4996
shmaster
The Hades

No, IB is something that allows Touma to suppress the entity inside him.
Old 2010-10-10, 04:04   Link #4997
pampz21
Shipper4Lyf

ow...so his true power isn't IB but some thing inside him?
conclusion:
The dragon inside Touma is a different entity....maybe his esper powers? or a deity or even a god?
IB is limiter that surpresses that entity inside him?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-10-10, 04:15   Link #4998
paptimus
dark nexon

if it was a different entity why did it do what he wanted instead of taking control of him ,it responded to his words and let him do as he wish. either this "entity" is a part of him or he is a part of "it" . it is highly unlikely that he is the host for a different entity all together.
Old 2010-10-10, 04:18   Link #4999
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数

Suddenly, the theory that says Lucifer may be Touma is not so implausible after all....
Old 2010-10-10, 04:23   Link #5000
shmaster
The Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by paptimus View Post
if it was a different entity why did it do what he wanted instead of taking control of him ,it responded to his words and let him do as he wish. either this "entity" is a part of him or he is a part of "it" . it is highly unlikely that he is the host for a different entity all together.
The power of that entity was actually erased before Touma regain his consciousness. When the power is gathering at Touma's open wound, another power formed and devoured the power of that entity.
Touma is rejecting that entity by force.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen