AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-10, 07:34   Link #5021
Inept Forum User
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Question A load of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Quite a lot of questions regarding possible spoilers:
Inept Forum User is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 07:40   Link #5022
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Makes me wonder who put the seal on him if from his childhood time he already had the imagine breaker.
I've been actually wondering about Tōma's parenthood. After the whole Kamijō deal (i.e. the person above God), I've been wondering if Tōma's surname isn't a mere coincidence.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 08:22   Link #5023
gaboratamer
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
The person that put the seal was Minato Namikaze XDXDXD
gaboratamer is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 08:25   Link #5024
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
^ I was also wondering about his parents if Touya and Shiina are ordinary people. Maybe there are some secrets about them that they know or they don't know and only Aleister know. Aleister is the one who brought imagine breaker to the world but how can we be sure that touma already had an imagine breaker before?

Because vol 4 isn't translated. Some said that Touma's bad luck lead to someone getting into an accident and many people called him a plague. That plague happen in the anime but his past isn't revealed.

Isn't an accident too severe? and people starting to be wary of him just means it's really that bad. But his current situation from my view point isn't that bad. The guy got harem without wishing for it then he got himself in tough fights but he wished it for himself. The only bad luck thing would be ordinary things but all and all. He himself is only getting injured and no one yet got caught in it. It's pretty different from his past.

So what if.

Aleister is the one who give Touma imagine breaker to limit that curse or bad luck onto himself only. Then that also invites Touma to join Academy city.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Spoiler for Quite a lot of questions regarding possible spoilers:
WoW long one.

you shouldn't probably use too much spoiler tag for asking.... well it's for safety anyway but the novel thread of toaruverse is a spoiler all the time thread and we all spoil each other so their is no need to put spoiler tag unless the news is fairly new and not all yet know about it.

now back to the question.

first batch

1) her ability. I don't understand it much because vol 15 isn't translated and I can only read a partial translation and that's not a good source but if I summarize it all. It can be consider a type of hacking if you ask me.

hacking a computer. Your intentions are illegal intrusions and you can do much what you can depending on your skills. You can copy the files or even messed up with the files. Then again you can left a worm or a trojan to track on the computer.

Now back on to Rikou. Her ability AIM stalker. Memorize the AIM patters of the enemies AIM field. But copying it she can do the same ability as the one she copies. Then again she can probably messed up with the AIM field too if she is strong but she is only level 4 even if she can become a level 5 by copying an ability of a level 5. That doesn't change her initial limit. It's like getting your self an advance spec of hard drive for your cpu despite that your processor is just pentium 4 and the hard drive your using needs at least core 2 duo to run perfectly.

Usable but not perfectly compatible.

2) no it's not been said yet if she can copy two abilities at one. Or maybe she can but I don't know.

She's pretty dependent of the drug that she can't use it unless she use the drug. And I'm not even clear on what's the use of that drug. I heard it enhance her ability but had a side effects.

And concerning that the academy city takes a liken to her and brings her back it makes me think that the drug might be actually speeding up her level up but slowly destroying her body. Like an experiment but a failure one if the subject is getting destroyed. But it's academy city it's likely impossible for Aleister to let that happen. So maybe he plans it to unfold like this. So he might hate Shiage but Shiage is also helping in a way for Rikou to get cure. OR maybe the academy city can cure Rikou but they are just waiting for her as a back up plan or spare plan like Kakine. She's called the 8th level 5. That alone is important. Maybe the drug is use as a security that Rikou wouldn't run away. But Shiage took her away so Aleister is angry with that guy.

pheww too long

2nd batch

1) the queen never show her self that's why I called her hikikomori.

she uses her underling to do the talking. She's been mentioned around but not been seen yet so she's a mysterious. Just like use sitting in front of our computer. Maybe she's just inside Tokiwadai and monitoring around. She can use her ability to spy on other people from their minds.

2) I don't understand much what this is about but I can understand that Kaori in Maid fallen angel cosplay is to die for.

I think it did happen in vol 16 after Touma save her again and the amakusa. It's just that Tsuchimikado is playing around with neechin again and corner her mentally to the point she agree

good job tsuchimikado
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 08:56   Link #5025
Inept Forum User
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I see. Thank you for your answers, Tsunade666, and sorry for bombarding you with loads of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
1) the queen never show her self that's why I called her hikikomori.
(Strange/Amusing Thought: The Queen turning out to be Komori Kiri)
Inept Forum User is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:00   Link #5026
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Spoiler for Quite a lot of questions regarding possible spoilers:
Well, to begin with, the reason why Rikou isn't a Level 5 already isn't because of the side effects of the drug. They did a simulation using the Tree Diagram and found a way to advance her to Level 5 that has nothing to do with the drug. However, they were not able to achieve those conditions in real life, so they did simulations of her using the drug to see if the same result could be achieved. The simulation showed that it's not possible, but they still gave her the drug anyway.

Needless to say, the drug didn't bring her to Level 5. However, her relationships with Shiage & co., and her experience in the war provided enough stimulation and paved the way to reaching Level 5.

As for her ability, it was mentioned that once she reaches Level 5, by using AIM Fields as a medium, she could interfere and control other people's Personal Reality. This means that she could raise/lower people's levels, completely take away people's powers, grant abilities to other people, switch people's abilities, and possibly even create a true Dual Skill. She can even create a specific ability and set it at a specific level. Even Accelerator can become powerless in front of her. In other words, she alone can do what the whole AC has been doing all along.

I don't think it was mentioned what she could do beside AIM stalking and interfering with other people's AIM Field at Level 4. However, during the Dark Matter Squad attack, when Mugino was weak and can't aim properly, Rikou assisted her in aiming. The lady superior explained that Rikou's ability interfered with Mugino's Personal Reality and kind of forcefully corrected her aim.

I don't remember if it was stated that she could copy and use other people's abilities, though. They mentioned nothing about her being able to copy and use other abilities in this volume, and I don't remember if it was mentioned in vol. 15.
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:06   Link #5027
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
I just want to point out that it is entirely possible that there is more than one God figure in the Indexverse. After all, Crowley did tell Fiamma that Christianity is outdated and is incompatible with the pursuit for the position of La Persona Superior a Dio. That, and the fact that we have Shinto, Aztec, Norse, and Thelemic (Crowley's) mythologies/beliefs incorporated in the story aside from all the Christian sects. Finally, we also have Telesma vs AIM, and probably Ollerus' unexplainable power.

EDIT: Volume 22 HQ illustrations are already up on BT.
__________________

Last edited by Ice Block; 2010-10-10 at 09:30.
Ice Block is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:33   Link #5028
Inept Forum User
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
As for her ability, it was mentioned that once she reaches Level 5, by using AIM Fields as a medium, she could interfere and control other people's Personal Reality. This means that she could raise/lower people's levels, completely take away people's powers, grant abilities to other people, switch people's abilities, and possibly even create a true Dual Skill. She can even create a specific ability and set it at a specific level. Even Accelerator can become powerless in front of her. In other words, she alone can do what the whole AC has been doing all along.

I don't think it was mentioned what she could do beside AIM stalking and interfering with other people's AIM Field at Level 4. However, during the Dark Matter Squad attack, when Mugino was weak and can't aim properly, Rikou assisted her in aiming. The lady superior explained that Rikou's ability interfered with Mugino's Personal Reality and kind of forcefully corrected her aim.
If this is truly the case, perhaps the Level 5 version should be called AIM Programmer.
Inept Forum User is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:38   Link #5029
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Well, to begin with, the reason why Rikou isn't a Level 5 already isn't because of the side effects of the drug. They did a simulation using the Tree Diagram and found a way to advance her to Level 5 that has nothing to do with the drug. However, they were not able to achieve those conditions in real life, so they did simulations of her using the drug to see if the same result could be achieved. The simulation showed that it's not possible, but they still gave her the drug anyway.

Needless to say, the drug didn't bring her to Level 5. However, her relationships with Shiage & co., and her experience in the war provided enough stimulation and paved the way to reaching Level 5.

As for her ability, it was mentioned that once she reaches Level 5, by using AIM Fields as a medium, she could interfere and control other people's Personal Reality. This means that she could raise/lower people's levels, completely take away people's powers, grant abilities to other people, switch people's abilities, and possibly even create a true Dual Skill. She can even create a specific ability and set it at a specific level. Even Accelerator can become powerless in front of her. In other words, she alone can do what the whole AC has been doing all along.

I don't think it was mentioned what she could do beside AIM stalking and interfering with other people's AIM Field at Level 4. However, during the Dark Matter Squad attack, when Mugino was weak and can't aim properly, Rikou assisted her in aiming. The lady superior explained that Rikou's ability interfered with Mugino's Personal Reality and kind of forcefully corrected her aim.

I don't remember if it was stated that she could copy and use other people's abilities, though. They mentioned nothing about her being able to copy and use other abilities in this volume, and I don't remember if it was mentioned in vol. 15.
Wouldn't that make Rikou something like a mini-god on the Science side then? If she can strip people's powers away as she chooses and even give new powers to other people, that sounds like something only a god could do. I wonder if there's any meaning to that?
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:39   Link #5030
addiC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
rolf, rikou become so hax..
addiC is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:40   Link #5031
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post

As for her ability, it was mentioned that once she reaches Level 5, by using AIM Fields as a medium, she could interfere and control other people's Personal Reality. This means that she could raise/lower people's levels, completely take away people's powers, grant abilities to other people, switch people's abilities, and possibly even create a true Dual Skill. She can even create a specific ability and set it at a specific level. Even Accelerator can become powerless in front of her. In other words, she alone can do what the whole AC has been doing all along.

I don't remember if it was stated that she could copy and use other people's abilities, though. They mentioned nothing about her being able to copy and use other abilities in this volume, and I don't remember if it was mentioned in vol. 15.
So is she can copy it or not? I thought that once she analyze the ability she can also use it but guess not.

But for her after reaching level 5. It's more like she turn into god mode for the esper community.

good thing accelerator is now angelerator.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:48   Link #5032
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post

EDIT: Volume 22 HQ illustrations are already up on BT.
Ooh, theres a least one new picture, (at least for me),

Spoiler for pic:


Yep, Rokou just ascended to the hax level. Only for the Science side though. The only ESPers I rekcon her ability wont work (fully) on at the moment is Accel and possiblyFully awakened Kakine, (but you know what condition he is in right now)
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:52   Link #5033
yuiichi9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Both are pettako also, now if Oriana did a "Do you want to have some fun boy with this Onechan", that would be the end of Touma as we know him.
Why would be the end of the touma we known? I wish he end up with her. Despite her attack on AC she is a good person. He could have much fun with her. If he doesn't end up with her then he could end up with kaori.
yuiichi9 is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:52   Link #5034
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So is she can copy it or not? I thought that once she analyze the ability she can also use it but guess not. .
Like I said, I'm not quite sure about that. I don't remember that being mentioned (although I could be wrong), but I don't see why not. I mean, she can probably somehow use her own power to modify her own Personal Reality, although I'm not quite sure how that would work.
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 09:55   Link #5035
sasuke706
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So is she can copy it or not? I thought that once she analyze the ability she can also use it but guess not.
This page doesn't seem to mention anything other than interference and tracking. She might be able to literally turn her opponent's ability on its user, though. Unless she has some hand-to-hand combat skills, interfering with their abilities would probably just end in a stalemate otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9
Here is vol. 22
I think this board has something against posting download links; you may want to remove it.
sasuke706 is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 10:10   Link #5036
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
^ That's only if the series is licensed I believe. The light novels of Index aren't licensed.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 10:10   Link #5037
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
About Touma's right arm, this is what happened:

Spoiler:


Conclusion, there is something else that exists in Touma's body, IB is the power to suppress that something else. As for the right arm itself, it is like an vessel to give IB a form so it can be used.

Also, Fianma only needs the right hand to give his Holy Right a physical form, the power that is IB is useless to him.
Interesting, btw, can you clear details about Laura? It seems you are not amused with her doings this volume .


Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
ow...so his true power isn't IB but some thing inside him?
conclusion:
The dragon inside Touma is a different entity....maybe his esper powers? or a deity or even a god?
IB is limiter that surpresses that entity inside him?
If he is La persona superiore a Dio, well then he means to supress an entity equal to God... like Lucifer for example or a total new deity who wants to start a new era above Aeon of Horus.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 10:25   Link #5038
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the rainbow
Just random speculation.

I can't recall where I read this, maybe vol. 7? But it's said that, in toaruverese, Michael confined Lucifer with his right arm, was't it? The IB is some sort of power related to him, or so I think I've read. So... it is possible to be Lucifer who is in his right arm.

But the thing is that to be like I've said, I can't ignore the fact that the owner of this evil and powerfull arm should be Michael Himself and not some random human.

Besides, I've never understood the whole why Gabriel pretended to be Michael in the fallen angel incident.

Well, maybe I'm overpowering poor Touma, but, still...

Ah, I wish so bad to read all these books... Even those which are not written yet xD.
Zaresh is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 10:33   Link #5039
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 20
Translation of a part in vol 22, when Touma gets his arm cut off and regenerates it.

Spoiler for Vol 22 Touma vs. Fiamma translation:
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 10:40   Link #5040
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Translation of a part in vol 22, when Touma gets his arm cut off and regenerates it.

Spoiler for Vol 22 Touma vs. Fiamma translation:
... *SQUEAL* So that's how it happened! Thank you so much for translating this! It's so squeal worthy! Now that clarifies a lot of things.
outerelf is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.