AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-26, 12:04   Link #5701
Phibrizzo
Honos628

>> we have the power of the archobishop and a favor on the queen of england :P I dont think get him a Citizenship would be that hard.

Yeah well Komoe sensei is one of the 7 mysteries of academy city.
Old 2010-10-26, 13:59   Link #5702
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Should note that in Japan, age of consent is 18. sorta. Yeah. Anyway, both Touma and Kanzaki are of Japanease descent, so.... well, you get the picture.
... I'm starting to get a picture of "Kanzaki strip-searching Touma" extended into something else...

What the hell am I thinking!?

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-26, 17:32   Link #5703
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It doesn't help when half country is talking about her tastes about certain boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Head knight leader is as playful as tsuchimikado I mean he basically left the rummor of kanzaki is on young guys, and then twist aqua letter to Villan.

Such a gentleman.
oooh that scene was hilarious. poor kanzaki

laura joining it made it even funnier
Old 2010-10-26, 20:54   Link #5704
ellifeedn
Thinker

This is an odd request, but on BT could someone make a timeline of the novels (including the SS)? I don't really care if you add the Railgun timeline, though I'm sure plenty of people will. If it's too much work, then could you just tell me when the events of vol. 22 take place? I forgot if it's in October or November.
Old 2010-10-26, 21:02   Link #5705
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Old 2010-10-26, 21:12   Link #5706
outerelf

Wow, I just realized how little time Touma truly had to rest, recuperate, and gear up for the next attack- and to only have 4 months worth of memories, 90% fighting, sneaking, and trying to stay alive?

I commend him for not going insane and saying he wasn't helping out anymore.
Old 2010-10-26, 21:31   Link #5707
Miraluka
18 forever

Vol.22 Chapter 12 is complete now on BakaTsuki

Deal with it!
Old 2010-10-26, 23:17   Link #5708
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
@Suzuku: Ah, I think it was posted somewhere here some time ago but since it's probably deep down buried somewhere in one of these threads I don't think anyone remembers it, even me

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-27, 02:00   Link #5709
chrisbad726

can someone explain how accelerators power is symbolic to Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead, came about? that and how other characters powers resemble some god or deity?
Old 2010-10-27, 03:28   Link #5710
pikachuwei

hey guys how does tsuchimikado address Kanzaki? I vaguely recall it as "sis" or sumthing and i wanted to check on baka tsuki but its down for me right now (the translations, everything else works fine >.>)

im working on my "audition" to join BT by translating the "fallen angel incident" :P
Old 2010-10-27, 03:43   Link #5711
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

It's nee-chin. As for audition, there really isn't a need for one, unless you want me to check it, like in the previous page. Basically, you can just jump in and do it.

Btw, Baka-tsuki, we have a problem. We can't get in!
Old 2010-10-27, 05:09   Link #5712
pikachuwei

phew after 2 hours and lots of screen staring, my debut work. I have to say, my respect for all the translators has massively increased.

hope i didnt botch it up too much, my chinese isnt that hot and its getting late so i dont have much time to double check.
Teh-Ping you wouldnt mind checking it for me right? =)

Spoiler for Fallen angel incident, parts i dont know of volume 16 epilogue:
Old 2010-10-27, 06:12   Link #5713
ellifeedn
Thinker

Thanks Suzuku. So I guess this means the odds for an "All Hallows Eve" adventure (or hijinks) is pretty much nil at this point, huh.
Old 2010-10-27, 07:12   Link #5714
tsunade666

what happen to baka-tsuki? I can't enter. As for the one who ask why accelerator symbolize osiris. well the black wings are the symbol of osiris. that applies to his past strength. Isis = nature, Osiris = death, Horus = freedom (I can't confirm it now because it's just a psp post) the black wings of Accel symbols his hatred and the black wing itself looks death. but the white wings of Accel which evolves after his been freed from his past most likely has the horus as it's format.

Old 2010-10-27, 07:22   Link #5715
Used Can

Has Index and Tōma's small talk been translated?
Also, I've heard that, at some point, it seems Index was wielding Lævateinn and some other weapons. If that's true, when did that happen?
Old 2010-10-27, 07:29   Link #5716
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Zankoku no Tenshi no TE-ZE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
phew after 2 hours and lots of screen staring, my debut work. I have to say, my respect for all the translators has massively increased.

hope i didnt botch it up too much, my chinese isnt that hot and its getting late so i dont have much time to double check.
Teh-Ping you wouldnt mind checking it for me right? =)
It's generally okay, but the sentence structures are a bit awkward. It feels like I'm a commentator of an NBA game, and not a storyteller.

Some points I want to point out:

1) For sound effects, you have to use your imagination. There's no dictionary for it (yet). Maybe manga reading helps. I don't know, I just thought of them on the spot.

2) Well, past tenses would be okay. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's your choice.

3) In the online Chinese translation, they use [] for open inverted commas and closed inverted commas. Remember that in English, we use ".

4) (FOR CHINESE) Don't copy any translator notes or comments unnecessarily! And don't include yours unless you want to give some reference.

Very few people would like that in a dialogue, since though we're not professionals, we have to act like them (yes,it's very weird, but that's the class that people want to see).

For TAMnI, most of the information is already given, but if you want to elaborate more on the point, you can. Recently, I added a reference about Sodom and Gomorrah in Vol 11 Chp 4, and that can work. But not something like: "OH GOSH! NO!!" (That was also mine, in Vol 7 Chp 1 before it got deleted. Think some pdfs still have that version.)

Spoiler for Edits are in red, and I only made a few of them.:

Which reminds me. Anyone who wants me to check, tell me which language you are translating from.

Spoiler for And since B-T is down for now, parts 3-7 of Vol 11 Chp 5.:
Old 2010-10-27, 07:31   Link #5717
tsunade666

Index and Touma's small talk is already translated by flere and can be found in B-T but I can't enter B-T I wonder why

Old 2010-10-27, 07:34   Link #5718
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
can someone explain how accelerators power is symbolic to Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead, came about? that and how other characters powers resemble some god or deity?
It's a mistranslation.

They said that Accelerator's power is using the 'Aeon of Orisis', nothing to do with the actual God itself.
Old 2010-10-27, 07:47   Link #5719
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article on Aeon, section on Aeon of Osiris
This Aeon was characterized by that of self-sacrifice and submission to the Father God.
Self-sacrifice: Risking his life when he was trying to save Last Order from Ao Amai's virus and, by extension, his vow to risk of his life for the sake of Last Order (and later Aiho Yomikawa and Kikyou Yoshikawa).

Submission to the Father God: Performing the angelic spell and "becoming an angel" in Volume 22.
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Old 2010-10-27, 07:53   Link #5720
outerelf

Baka-tsuski is still down, and I wanna cry TT.TT I will sob and scream if it stays down for more then three days.

Thank you to pikachuwei and teh_ping for the translations! I know I enjoyed them. *drool*
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen