AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-13, 09:52   Link #7781
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hence my Homunculus theory.

Laura also went out her way to correct herself from addressing Index as a person, and instead refers to her as a thing or a tool.
I don't being homunculus has something to do. Don't you think other magician would have tried that if the grimoires would be more related more to homunculus rather than humans?
Afterall, the grimoires choses you. Right, Tectpatl?
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 17:15   Link #7782
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yharnam, Home of Blood Ministration
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't being homunculus has something to do. Don't you think other magician would have tried that if the grimoires would be more related more to homunculus rather than humans?
Afterall, the grimoires choses you. Right, Tectpatl?
Thats under your own assumption that homunculus are cheap and easy for anyone to make and use
__________________

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 17:42   Link #7783
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Parts 9-11 of Chapter 2 Volume 15 now up courtesy of Bro06.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 18:57   Link #7784
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Again, they need to make a third season so I can see all of this epicness in action.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 19:50   Link #7785
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yharnam, Home of Blood Ministration
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Again, they need to make a third season so I can see all of this epicness in action.
It would be hard to animate a third 24ep season, given how the huge arc is structured. Breaking it up into 2 seasons would also have it's own set of problems... So as much as I want to see all this animated, I'm sure you all can understand my wariness and concern.
__________________

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 19:51   Link #7786
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Breaking it up into 2 seasons would also have it's own set of problems... So as much as I want to see all this animated, I'm sure you all can understand my wariness and concern.

Maybe releasing it as an OVA would be a better option?
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 19:58   Link #7787
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It would be hard to animate a third 24ep season, given how the huge arc is structured. Breaking it up into 2 seasons would also have it's own set of problems... So as much as I want to see all this animated, I'm sure you all can understand my wariness and concern.
How dare you doubt Capitalism! As long as there is money to be made with a possible Index S3, J.C Staff will do it. Milkkk is the besttt of elexirsss.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 20:05   Link #7788
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yharnam, Home of Blood Ministration
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Maybe releasing it as an OVA would be a better option?
That's alot of OVAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
How dare you doubt Capitalism! As long as there is money to be made with a possible Index S3, J.C Staff will do it. Milkkk is the besttt of elexirss.
Iyya... I'm not doubting that they would make a third season, I'm question whether or not they can do it right.

See the thing with season 2, is that most fans can agree that the cut-off point should vol 13. Between vol 7-13, the amont of content is roughly the same as the first season so no problem there. But where's the cut off point for this [God's Right Seat Arc]? The entire content from start to end is vol14-22, that's nine volumes, so unless they made at least a 36 ep season, it's not going to fit.

Then what? Cut it into 2 seasons? Sure, but where would the mid point be? And are you sure you are willing to wait 2-3 years for the conclusion?
__________________

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 20:09   Link #7789
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's alot of OVAs
Well about one hour/"episode", you could get quite a bit done rather quickly depending on how often you wanted to release them.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 20:22   Link #7790
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's alot of OVAs



Iyya... I'm not doubting that they would make a third season, I'm question whether or not they can do it right.

See the thing with season 2, is that most fans can agree that the cut-off point should vol 13. Between vol 7-13, the amont of content is roughly the same as the first season so no problem there. But where's the cut off point for this [God's Right Seat Arc]? The entire content from start to end is vol14-22, that's nine volumes, so unless they made at least a 36 ep season, it's not going to fit.

Then what? Cut it into 2 seasons? Sure, but where would the mid point be? And are you sure you are willing to wait 2-3 years for the conclusion?
how about like this

SS-OVAs(they arent that long actually)
3rd season-14 through 19 (six novels covered) makes sense and SS novels are OVAs
4th season(if possible)-WW3 12 eps.

easily solved.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 20:43   Link #7791
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It would be hard to animate a third 24ep season, given how the huge arc is structured. Breaking it up into 2 seasons would also have it's own set of problems... So as much as I want to see all this animated, I'm sure you all can understand my wariness and concern.
What? It would be fine, I'd say it even works better than it would with the arcs the second season has covered since they're more interconnected.

Vol 14: 3 episodes (Eps 2-4)
Vol 15: 5 episodes (Eps 5-9)
Vol 16: 4 episodes (Eps 10-13)
Vol 17-18: 8 episodes (Eps 14-21)
Vol 19: 3 episodes (Eps 22-24)

Only change I'd make is taking one episode from vol 17-18 and giving it to vol 19, but it's not hard to set up a third season with vols 14-19, it would just end on a cliff hanger which they can subvert by announcing a movie series at the end of ep 24.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 20:47   Link #7792
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yharnam, Home of Blood Ministration
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
3rd season-14 through 19 (six novels covered) makes sense and SS novels are OVAs
4th season(if possible)-WW3 12 eps.

easily solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Only change I'd make is taking one episode from vol 17-18 and giving it to vol 19, but it's not hard to set up a third season with vols 14-19, it would just end on a cliff hanger which they can subvert by announcing a movie series at the end of ep 24.
Again, are you willing to wait 2 years for the conclusion? Vol 19 leaves us at a critical moment. If it comes to I would rather the 3rd season be 12ep 14-16, and s4 be 24 ep to conclude.

Or a radical idea, s3 be from vol14-16, and the 2nd half will be original material

EDIT:

Movie ? I was hoping for an original movie for INDEX
__________________

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 20:50   Link #7793
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Again, are you willing to wait 2 years for the conclusion? Vol 19 leaves us at a critical moment. If it comes to I would rather the 3rd season be 12ep 14-16, and s4 be 24 ep to conclude.

Or a radical idea, s3 be from vol14-16, and the 2nd half will be original material
we have no choice but to wait. Rushing it would lead to filler OVAs like shakugan no shana. We have the novels to read, It'd be worse if Railgun came between the years but hey i got many years in me
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 21:13   Link #7794
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Thats under your own assumption that homunculus are cheap and easy for anyone to make and use
Assuming they're the equivalent of the clones from the magic side.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Movie ? I was hoping for an original movie for INDEX
Wouldn't be better starting the 3rd season with the SS1?
You know, SS1, 14, 15 and 16 and including the Gemstones incident from the SS2 because its a collection of non-lineal stories.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 21:35   Link #7795
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Having SS1 be an OVA would be better for everyone. I don't think any of us want to wait at minimum another two years for an Index anime project after Index II ends.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 21:47   Link #7796
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Or a radical idea, s3 be from vol14-16, and the 2nd half will be original material
the last thing you can hope for is for jc staff to make fillers... it havent ended well 3 times already(4, if you like me add railgun, even thoug is supposed to be canon, those beach, maid, teachers fillers were more forced that in any harem series)...
__________________
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 22:07   Link #7797
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yharnam, Home of Blood Ministration
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Assuming they're the equivalent of the clones from the magic side.
Well technically a homunculus and a clone are different, even though they both are about artifically creating life.

Clone is a copy of an actualy human being.

Homunculus is to build a human from scratch using very, very weird techniques

...At least that's how I see it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Wouldn't be better starting the 3rd season with the SS1?
You know, SS1, 14, 15 and 16 and including the Gemstones incident from the SS2 because its a collection of non-lineal stories.
I did thought about that, but after reading SS1, I agree with Suzuku and that it's more of a OVA material because each chapter feels like a oneshot, even though the contents are important.



Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
the last thing you can hope for is for jc staff to make fillers... it havent ended well 3 times already(4, if you like me add railgun, even thoug is supposed to be canon, those beach, maid, teachers fillers were more forced that in any harem series)...
JC staff makes good oneshot comedy originals, I have to give them that credit. As bitter as I was to have to wait another year for my Index anime, I cannot deny that there were some very humorous filler episodes in Railgun.
__________________

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 22:32   Link #7798
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
im a little afraid about the ovas , because some series get ovas, and then all the continuations stay as ovas.
__________________
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 22:48   Link #7799
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I wonder why those grimoires ended chosing Index to be their keeper. Is she that insane to get not a few but 103000 of them.
Technically, all Index have are 'copies' and not the 'original'. Think of it as Index has the blueprint but not the real thing, or a body that has no mind/soul attached. The grimoires are harmless in her since she supposedly have no mana inside her, and so are not 'alive' to spread itself.

Urgh, that reminds me of a anology of Index being something like 'Alex Mercer' from Prototype lol...


And as a aside: I finished my parts for Vol19, if anyone's interested.

Link here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e_19_Chapter_3
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-02-13, 22:56   Link #7800
Chaos2Frozen
"What is it you desire?"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yharnam, Home of Blood Ministration
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Technically, all Index have are 'copies' and not the 'original'. Think of it as Index has the blueprint but not the real thing, or a body that has no mind/soul attached. The grimoires are harmless in her since she supposedly have no mana inside her, and so are not 'alive' to spread itself.

Urgh, that reminds me of a anology of Index being something like 'Alex Mercer' from Prototype lol...
But if any magicians actually tries to read her mind, the grimoire would spread in them Like what happened with Yamisaka? Is that the general idea?

(If Index does not have any natural magic within her, what exactly is the Pen mode? Why can she use magic in that mode?)

And Alex Mercer? Hard to compute


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And as a aside: I finished my parts for Vol19, if anyone's interested.

Link here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e_19_Chapter_3
One more chapter to go! And this one is the biggest!

NO REST! WORK!
__________________

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.